• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about Beowulf and find something... he are a Samurai Showdown character!!! Mostly because all SS character have a weapon sprites and a unarmed sprites!

With this think, my judge-like-Koruko idea are better :P
So do Captain America and Vega.

So do Captain America and Vega.

More like Cap. America, because the Gameplay Inspiration Concept... ummm... i forget about this XD

Say, maybe Beowulf could have different time out poses between armed and unarmed, like unarmed time out has his hoodie stuck on his head, and the armed pose is him slowly walking away off screen using Hurting as a walker.

Reactions: Denizen
If you look back in this thread Mike Z stated that they would not have a state where Beowulf would have his hood on/off.
He was talking about time out animations only, Beowulf would have a different animation depending on whether or not he has The Hurting equipped when the match times out.

I see. I literally overlooked the word "Time," "out," and "poses" my bad.

doot doot doodly d--WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I KNOW THIS THREAD WAS HERE?
IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO THE WULF DEN! HOW COULD YOU MISS IT?

Reactions: WayForger
I just kinda use the search... I just type in "Wulf Den" or look through my notifications to find it...
*whistles inconspicuously nonchalantly*

But, now you're here.
tumblr_mnvtbkCZR71rwfx5xo1_500.gif

Normals Time
These are without the Hurting because I see Beowulf using it for more of his special moves.

:LP:- The One-Two:
• Two hit body shots.
Crouch LP: Wolf Flair
• Palm thrust (while saying, "Whoo!").
Air LP: Well Read
Double slap with a wrestling manuel
:MP:- Hrunting Chop:
• Falling chop that hits twice, reminiscent of UMVC3 Akuma's forward M.
Crouch MP: Hatchet Hand
• Sideways chop that spins the opponent around for a frame (Leads to backwards grab).
:B::LP::LK:- Wolf'em Suplex
•Suplex grab on reversed opponents (Hard knockdown)
Air MP: Thunder Clap
• Two handed clap (Think UMVC3 Hulk)
:HP:- Risky Business:
• Throat chop/punch or Elbow to the head causing stagger state.
Crouch HP: Rising Champion
• Rising palm launcher.
• With The Hurting = Vertical Chair launcher that adds more damage to the normal cr.HP
Air HP: Turnbuckle Dive
• This:
vlc-2013-10-05-13-05-01-018.jpg
:LK:- Heorot Low:
• 2 hit Low kick that first strikes the calf then draws the opponent in with a hooked foot.
Crouch LK: Heorot Poke
• Sliding, long distance, crouched kick.
Air LK: Quick Claw
• Quick kick forward (like Filia)
:MK:- Naegling's Edge
• Muay Thai body kick.
Crouch MK: Naegling's Thrust
• Powerful forward kick to the knee.
Air MK: Naegling's hilt
• Air (tiger) knee.
:HK:- Gigan Boot-
• Spartan Kick for sliding knockdown.
Crouch HK: Sweet Heel Music
• Kick to the chin launcher
Air HK: Van Wolfinator
• Front flip double dropkick (With Hurting causes more damage and sets the chair up for combo potential with the HK's ground bounce)
:F::HK:- Geat Stomp:
• Stomps downed opponents for meter. AKA "Ooooo the disrespect"
:LP::LK:- Wild Grapple
• Headbutt grab that leads into 2 followups:
:LP::MP::HP: (Pressed in succession)-
•Giant Swing grab (Sliding knockdown)
:LK::MK::HK: (Pressed in succession)-
• Power Bomb (Ground Bounce)
AIR GRAB:
•VICTORY BOMB

Last edited:
Those were really hard to think of. Its hard to think up striking moves for a wrestler. it is also hard to think of moves that would look aesthetically good for his character.

On the MP description you wrote crouch MK.

Fixed and thoughts?
I love them all, especially the names. I really like the idea of Beowulf chaining grabs together, that's a very unique mechanic for Skullgirls, well as far as I know.

I'm going to try doing the same thing but with air attacks.

I love them all, especially the names. I really like the idea of Beowulf chaining grabs together, that's a very unique mechanic for Skullgirls, well as far as I know.

I'm going to try doing the same thing but with air attacks.

In that regard I should probably go back and enter jumping attacks too.

In that regard I should probably go back and enter jumping attacks too.
HAHAHA NOT BEFORE ME!

Those were really hard to think of. Its hard to think up striking moves for a wrestler. it is also hard to think of moves that would look aesthetically good for his character.
Oh man you're right, it's difficult to think of some fitting moves.

Oh man you're right, it's difficult to think of some fitting moves.

I'll end up posting jumping versions of my set by the end of the day so no worries. I can't wait to see what you end up with too.

Air Normals Time
:LP: - Mic Check
• Beowulf pulls out a Mic from under his pelt and smacks the opponent with it, makes a great sound.
:MP: - Goodnight Irene
• An overhead slam with both fists, if The Hurting is equipped it will be used instead.
:HP: - Bad Neighborhood
• A somersault that causes the wolf hood to deliver an arcing scrape with it's teeth.
(My Favorite)
:LK: - Crazy Legs
• Rapid kicks that last as long as you keep hitting LK in the air.
:MK: - Battle Axe
• An axe kick that works well as an overhead.
:HK: - Megaton Stomp
• A chargeable downward thrust with both legs. If done to The Hurting then it becomes a trampoline.

Special Grabs Time
:HCF::LP::LK: - Shakedown
• Grabs the opponent by the collar and leads into other moves.
:P: Rapidly pressing punch throttles the opponent, then releases them.
:B:or:F::P: throws the opponent forward or backward, hitting The Hurting sets up new combos.
:D::P: Slams the opponent into the ground for a high ground bounce.
:U::P: Tosses the opponent straight upwards.

:D::LP::LK:(In Air) - Wulf Buster
• Beowulf does a classic Muscle Buster. Extra damage if done into The Hurting.

Last edited:
Taunt & Special Effect
:360::360::360::LP::LK: - Bravado
• Beowulf pulls out the custom microphone that he keeps under his pelt and shouts a short one liner.
This taunt has different effects depending on the amount of people on the user's team.
3 character teams will have some of their red health healed.
2 character teams receive extra damage on the next assist called out.
Solo Beowulf will receive a special extension to a specific super, like Big Band.

Beowulf's one liners may include boasting about his own skill, insulting the opponent, or inspirational quotes.
Expect a lot of Gurren Lagann references.

Last edited:
Air Normals Time
:HP: - Bad Neighborhood
• A somersault that causes the wolf hood to deliver an arcing scrape with it's teeth.
(My Favorite)
:LK: - Crazy Legs
• Rapid kicks that last as long as you keep hitting LK in the air.

Special Grabs Time
:HCF::LP::LK: - Shakedown
• Grabs the opponent by the collar and leads into other moves.
:P: Rapidly pressing punch throttles the opponent, then let's them go.
:B:or:F::P: throws the opponent forward or backward, hitting The Hurting sets up new combos.
:D::P: Slams the opponent into the ground for a high ground bounce.
:U::P: Tosses the opponent straight upwards.

:D::LP::LK:(In Air) - Wulf Buster
• Beowulf does a classic Muscle Buster. Extra damage if done into The Hurting.

They say great minds think alike and I think that your Air HP is basically the same as my Air HK. I love the idea that the hood has life in it and is incorporated in such a way. Also I like your Air LK much more than mine. Better for combos and jump-ins.

I like the idea of that forward and backward is like a push (for Hurting combos) and really your overall idea too. I was more inspired by Tekken's King with my grab ideas (hence quick succession input) but your special grab is really sick. Adds more grapple dimension to Beowulf.

Also your taunt idea is genius. It is like my Geat stomp but better in regards to overall effect as a taunt. I was thinking that it would only get a third of one's meter when Geat stomp is used, but from the looks of it taunting would be a justifiably better use of Beowulf's down time in between opponents coming in, getting up, or being down.

Reactions: Denizen
@WayForger one of my favorite parts of your list of moves is the Crouch MP: Hatchet Hand. A move that controls the opponent so that you can get an angle on them for some special grabs is really cool. It kind of reminds me of the Soul Calibur games where throwing somebody from different angles creates new attacks.

I love Turnbuckle Dive too, if we're doing anime moves then Beowulf should have these:
nchij_e16_p3.gif
nchij_e10_p6.gif

The first one is dashing grab with ground bounce, the second is your back throw out of Shakedown.
yuuko_wink_by_naitoguy-d6i27yk.png

The first one is dashing grab with ground bounce, the second is your back throw out of Shakedown.
For a dashing grab this is a better example:
GGoa9.gif

Reactions: skumbag
For a dashing grab this is a better example:
GGoa9.gif

Same technique, just a different day and different species being thrown. :PUN:

Same technique, just a different day and different species being thrown.
I love that Raging Demon slide, Beowulf should have some motion blurs.

I love that Raging Demon slide, Beowulf should have some motion blurs.

Or just give him a Raging Wulf super. Kappa

How about a grab super where he slams the opponent back and forth across ropes on the walls, like Hakan's Super Combo?

I think he should have a bunch of rekkas like Iron fist, he was one of the funnest characters in marvel.

He could have rekkas off of his LP where he goes from a one-two to hitting the opponent with a bell to finishing the rekka with a nailed bat/trophy (I'm using my LP as a basis).

Maybe there could be a special with a chain of follow-ups, like Chris' light punch combo?

I think he already has a lot of ideas for specials though. We be runnin' out of buttons DX

Taunt & Special Effect
:360::360::360::LP::LK: - Bravado
• Beowulf pulls out the custom microphone that he keeps under his pelt and shouts a short one liner.
This taunt has different effects depending on the amount people on the user's team.
3 character teams will have some of their red health healed.
2 character teams receive extra damage on the next assist called out.
Solo Beowulf will receive a special extension to a specific super, like Big Band.

Beowulf's one liners may include boasting about his own skill, insulting the opponent, or inspirational quotes.
Expect a lot of Gurren Lagann references.

The 1080 seems a bit harsh, maybe a 720

The 1080 seems a bit harsh, maybe a 720
I just thought that taunts were supposed to be very difficult to execute, but whatever works.

I super want his taunt to be him on his butt holding his knee like
kpqPC.gif

Because he's a pro-wrestler. and selling to the crowd is something pro-wrestling is known for.

Reactions: Shockdingo
I've noticed there seem to be two groups on this discussion; people wanting the wrestler aspect of Beowulf to shine through, and people wanting a wild beastman combo.
This was said a while ago but I see now that it holds true, but I'd like to make my own addition.
There are actually three different parts of Beowulf's character and everyone wants a certain part to to be emphasized over the other two. There are people who want him to be a pro-wrestler, there are people who want him to be a wild wolf man, and there are people who want him to be a legendary hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.