• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I didn't realize you were the game designer! My bad.
^^^^^Mike Z's signature snark.^^^^^^

I'm just saying it's either parry, projectile reflecting ability, maneuverability or armored frames (or maneuverability AND armored frames) with all the current characters. It's not like I was telling you how you should make him (I imagine you guys have figured that out for the most part and I always trust your judgement), we (fans) have no idea yet how Beo's gonna play yet. I just expect Beowulf will have some sort of trick to get across the screen fast or some way to dodge/block projectiles because every character has some sort of counter for Peacock, for the sake of balance and gameplay. And I do believe Skullgirls is one of the most balanced fighters I've ever played, probably the most balanced.
I'm going to have to wait and see what his chair can do before I can do anything more than just speculation based on other characters.

Edit: @Dime_x I just noticed you! Read above.

Why aren't you crushed IT'S NO FUN IF YOU'RE NOT CRUSHED

Can't wait to play Beowulf.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Oh I didn't mean stop, I just meant I'm not stickin' around for it. By all means, continue! This is Beowulf discussion after all. :^)

Oh, I didn't think that you wanted it to stop, I was just trying to comically exaggerate my beowulf obsession by saying that I absolutely had to instigate Beowulf discussion even if it made people leave. (BECAUSE I NEED IT MAN etc etc)

I could've probably used more CAPS but it was all a bit silly and convoluted really, but that happens when people try a little too hard to be funny on a forum I guess.

Fission Mailed for me this time. :D

Hey I know I haven't been here for a while, but I heard someone talking about Beowulf getting a wall jump and I was wondering if that would work with the metal cage super I suggested a while back.

Mike is always serious, and rightfully so since people are saying some real dumb shit here.
No, I meant whether he's being sarcastic or not.

No, I meant whether he's being sarcastic or not.

With Poe's law why can't he be both?

I want him to be able to grab a projectile and throw it back. Just for shits and giggles.

tumblr_nbj21t9v2e1r8n1s8o1_1280.png

Anyone mention how Beo should have dodges/counters that look like he fake hitstuns that he can use different moves after depending on the button pressed? Cuz he should...

Anyone mention how Beo should have dodges/counters that look like he fake hitstuns that he can use different moves after depending on the button pressed? Cuz he should...

that specific thing was in one of the concepts shown at that panel. Hope he gets it too

Reactions: Rakurin
I like how both gifs have spit.

So Beowulf has spin to win? I gotta play him.

I don't think these have been posted yet.
tumblr_nbpm9qZsxT1tpg0y6o1_500.gif

tumblr_nbpm9qZsxT1tpg0y6o2_500.gif
I really like these.

Okay, the throw Mike showed off has got my interest super high.

I played a lot of arcade beat-em-up's so I'm familiar with how Beowulf's grabs might work (perform the grab input, add another input in to specify move) but I'm not familiar with Children of the Atom. How do grabs work in that game?

SO WE HAVE A BRAND NEW MECHANIC. BEOWULF CAN GRAB YOU AND HE CAN MOVE WHILE YOU'RE GRABBED. LIKE AN OLD SCHOOL BEAT 'EM UP, LIKE FUCKING DONKEY KONG IN SMASH.
THIS IS AN UNPRECEDENTED NEW ADDITION. WHAT WILL THIS MEAN?
I HOPE HE STILL GETS A COMMAND DASH.

The video in that twitch link doesn't load for me and I can't find any past broadcasts on the channel either. Did no one upload to youtube for this?

The video in that twitch link doesn't load for me and I can't find any past broadcasts on the channel either. Did no one upload to youtube for this?
shhhhhhh baby, it's okay Markoss has got us. Be sure to give him a thank you kiss, aye?

shhhhhhh baby, it's okay Markoss has got us. Be sure to give him a thank you kiss, aye?

Yeah I looked at his channel first. I guess he hasn't had time to upload yet? This Donkey Kong style grab interests me.

tumblr_nbj21t9v2e1r8n1s8o1_1280.png

Damnit Chicken stop being so rad

I admit I'm hype to see Beo carry Big Band
That will be awesome

I got the archive to work so I saw the stuff. I'm liking it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.