• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it was meant to be hardcore, it made her sound like a hobo vampire.

So, the palace and servants are all just a hallucination and she’s really an old lady feeding on stray cats and telling them what to do while she rests in her cardboard box?

Reactions: Arcana
Healing has been done...for Elena in 3s and now in Ultra sfiv. BTW sucks in both games, so it could very easily not be overpowered without gimping the character's other tools.
Yeah, I was thinking of that at first, but as you said, her healing is kinda underpowered in those games, so 'the ability to regenerate isn't anything more than a minor feature that barely affects matches.' If this blood regeneration mechanic is similar, then it might as well not even be included, but your balancing ideas are good.

I love it when people cite extremely obvious sarcasm as evidence.
Actually, I wasn't citing that as evidence of anything. I was just citing it to mention more words that Mike Z has released on the subject. There was supposed to be no inference from that at all.

Big Band’s running on motor oil, Valentine is apparently on tons of drugs, Painwheel has skull-blood or whatever, Squigly may not have any, Double's a blob, and maybe Sekhmet doesn’t like idea of drinking from Sampson’s host. So, it’s really only Cerebella, Peacock, and Ms. Fortune that are gutter trash.
Peacock is more machine than girl, and Fortune is probably anemic from all of that blood loss, so there's really only Bella. :p

So, the palace and servants are all just a hallucination and she's really an old lady feeding on stray cats and telling them what to do while she rests in her cardboard box?
She probably finds the act of sinking her fangs into someone else appalling. The blood bank is more than a front, it's a convenience.

ANYWAY, how about that gameplay, uh?:PUN:
Sekhmet going stab happy looks like a very promising assist choice.

On the subject of gameplay, I made a "commitment" to compile any noteworthy observations (partly as a incentive to stay in the loop, as I'm a console player) but that thing is deserted. So far, I haven't noticed prolongued discussions about particular aspects of Eliza's move set or "game plan". But, once again, those more knowledgeable are invited to point out such things (if, once again x2, you see any utility into having a bunch of assorted notes in a single post).

Reactions: Denizen
Did you like that Eliza gameplay description? That's great! I made it up myself in March 2013.
Pizza speaks the truth. The only official word on what her blood mechanic would do if it was in is the DLC Vote page:
A celebrity diva known for her charity, Eliza has been a host to the skeletal Parasite Sekhmet for countless years, completely internal and hidden from everyone. In reality, Eliza’s charity blood drives primarily serve to feed Sekhmet and preserve her own beauty. When the Medicis found out, they blackmailed Eliza and forced her to use her vampiric abilities for their own purposes. Now forced into the pursuit for the Skull Heart, an ancient ambition stirs... one that Samson and Leviathan are all too familiar with.
Playstyle Speculation
The ultimate attack-from-disadvantage character. Because of her kinship with her parasite, Eliza can control her own blood. Each time she is hit she bleeds, MK style, and the blood stays on the stage. Certain specials and supers can then use it.

Eliza will probably have two modes: one where Sekhmet is inside Eliza’s body, with slow, powerful attacks; and another where Eliza anchors herself onto the Staff of Ra and Sekhmet herself becomes a faster, more mobile character with new abilities.

Gameplay Inspiration
A.B.A. (Guilty Gear series), T.O.P. system (Garou: Mark of the Wolves), Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers series), Nanase (Street Fighter EX3), Anakaris (Darlkstalkers series), Litchi Faye Ling (BlazBlue), Jafar (Aladdin [SNES]), Jedah (Darkstalkers series), Carmine (Under Night In-Birth)
It really looks like all of Eliza's gameplay has been based around her Sekh transformation now - none of her moves give even the slightest impression she'll be able to manipulate her blood. Having the blood in there now would mean it's only used by that single super we haven't seen yet, which seems kind of a waste of the mechanic. I'd really focus on enjoying/embracing the dual mode mechanic and giving up on the blood.

Can we please get some Blood Effect or something for the Sekhmet winpose, though??
Like with Painwheel's Flamethings, Sekhmet should get Blood circling around her, or shooting out from the ground, or something.
Right now she looks like she's seriously constipated and trying to .. yeah it doesn't look very good atm~

She can manipulate blood. All of her moves show that since they all involve transforming into stuff. But as a mechanic no that is unlikely.

Maybe they could implement the spilled blood mechanic without the dealing or receiving of damage. Maybe some of Eliza's specials (or even normals) could leave puddles around the stage.
It also looks like all of Sekhmet's weapons are made of blood, and they're all dropped to the ground at the end of each attack. Sekhmet's speed could be used to paint the town red!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Also I think she needs "bloody moves" at least, it is like she isn't a goddess of blood, it is like the morphs she does with her body can be for a "clay godness" "snow" "slime", maybe her normal attacks need a "splashy" effect or something.

Also I think she needs "bloody moves" at least, it is like she isn't a goddess of blood, it is like the morphs she does with her body can be for a "clay godness" "snow" "slime", maybe her normal attacks need a "splashy" effect or something.

Her animations are not done. Wait until they are to say things like this.

Reactions: Arcana
Her animations are not done. Wait until they are to say things like this.

Well her c.lk is done, Unless they add post effects later.

Wow, one move out of how many are done? We dont even know if all of her specials are done, we dont know if she has command normals, we don't even know if Sekhmet will have more moves than she has now

Wow, one move out of how many are done? We dont even know if all of her specials are done, we dont know if she has command normals, we don't even know if Sekhmet will have more moves than she has now

Well I said all that because someone said that Mike said "with the servants move and 2 supers more she is pretty much done".

cLK is done but it has a small color glitch with some palettes i think where the upper end of her staff changes colors

Aren't those snake moves supposed to be made from her blood? Also, her dashes are quite 'bloody'...

Iggy and Elsa palettes incoming?

Battle butt while calling MP sekhmet assist is some dumb stuff.
calling out Mp skhmet assist is just dumb in general, so much lock down.

Battle butt while calling MP sekhmet assist is some dumb stuff.
I'm angry already just reading that.

Reactions: gllt
for a moment there i thought this was a Ms. Fortune thread

I guess given the choice between too much blood and none at all, Mike is choosing the splatter.
#Drumroll

Fortune win quote pls

You can say that Sekhmet's win pose is a Bloody Roar ;) ;) ;)
Ok that's clever.
Oh my god this is amazing.
And that should be special fight intro between those two. Wow.

Will be a Salty Next week? I said it because of the anime expo, I want those missing supers and Albus & Horace so bad.

Well maybe we don't need a Salty for that if someone wakes up soon :o

Will be a Salty Next week? I said it because of the anime expo, I want those missing supers and Albus & Horace so bad.

Well maybe we don't need a Salty for that if someone wakes up soon :o

Salty is happening. At least it says it is on the upcoming events page.

Reactions: Sting
Salty happens regardless of changes or not

Eliza updates from Rebel Up!: http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/b/542752265?t=7h0m42s

Quick change list from the stream:

2 new palettes.
Some more colored/completed frames.
Her blocks now have randomly selected shield designs implemented.

----------

Updated moves:

Staff Spin:
214+K / QCB+K
Faster startup. 214+MK can combo off lp now.

----------------
New moves:

Servant Summons:
236+LK / QCF+LK
Albus or Horace runs across the screen with a lounge chair. Works like Parasoul bike, except it's a physical hit so it absorbs all projectile hits.

236+MK / QCF+MK
Horace divekicks down at a steep angle. Lands a specific distance from Eliza. Causes groundbounce on hit. Horace can be knocked out of it.

236+HK / QCF+HK
Albus pops up from the sewer under the opponent's feet and command grabs them. He tosses them across the screen in a wall bounce. Does no damage. Huge cooldown as it launches a manhole cover into the air and can't be used again until the manhole lands. Eliza is free to move during this time.

Tag in:
Same move as divekick servant summon, except Horace is holding Eliza and places her on the stage when he lands.

-----

Future Stuff Mike Mentioned:

Blood mechanic:
This is confirmed to be gone. Eliza and Sekhmet are her shtick.

Taunt:
Input is confirmed to be "MK, LP, Down, LK, MP" (Anakaris' Pharoh Magic) input. Not added to the game yet and its effect has not been announced.

Supers:
Eliza and Sekhmet are planned to get another super each. They may be level 2s and the characters could end up with no Level 1 supers.
There's also the possibility of Eliza having a DHC only super.

Last edited:
Eliza is p much making my metaphorical dick rock hard.
On paper, she seems such a perfect compliment to Squigly, holy shit.

Servant Summons:
236+LK / QCF+LK
Albus or Horace runs across the screen with a lounge chair. Works like Parasoul bike, except it's a physical hit so it absorbs all projectile hits.
ht28oiA.png

Blood mechanic:
This is confirmed to be gone. Eliza and Sekhmet are her shtick.

I think thats for the better. I'm not a good player so I cant make legitimate arguments about it, but personally I think a more fleshed out Sekhmet (get it? ;P) and the servant moves are better for Eliza, both as a character and in gameplay. She can still manipulate blood and flesh, I dont need it to be a gameplay-mechanic for her to be awesome.

Ok so with that information, the chariot will be the super left for Eliza and we still don't know the super for Sekhmet.

Ok so with that information, the chariot will be the super left for Eliza and we still don't know the super for Sekhmet.
That could be referring to the DHC only super. Mike mentions something about having animations left over as one of the reasons behind the DHC only thing. Chariot might have been removed for whatever reason.
Not a big deal, but I'm a noob and I literally spent 5 minutes just looking at that wondering how it was possible. :p
Woops! Fixed.

Last edited:
That could be referring to the DHC only super. Mike mentions something about having animations left over as one of the reasons behind the DHC only thing. Chariot might have been removed for whatever reason.

Woops! Fixed.

I hope not, the chariot looks amazing and If that can't be a super, I guess that can be 236+LK / QCF+LK if you do the taunt first.

Reactions: Cellsai
Her blocks now have randomly selected shield designs implemented.
Yooooooo
YOOOOOOOOOOOO
There's also the possibility of Eliza having a DHC only super.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOLY SHIIIIIT, ELIZA'S COOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.