• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get hit by her h dp all the time, all she has to do is be semi awake and pushblock into the move or just do it from far away with assist coverage... Its really really good if she doesnt abuse it to much and is just another thing that makes trying to attack her suicidal.

Up close she has all her airnormals and try to throw her and she gets a free j.hp airdash cancel into combo, go low and she gets assist confirm from updo... Not that she predicts correctly everytime... She doesnt. But the amount of work needed to get there is really really stupid. Its like peacock with ridiculously good upclose defense and ridiculously good up close offense and ridiculously good midrange offense and defense and ridiculously good long range ways in... I just dont see the balance... Yet.

Oh. You meant with assist. Well ya know anything can be covered with assists. I was talking solo. And yeah you can pbgc into the move, and with that range it seems safe. But up close its definitely not.

The way eliza is now, in which position does she fit best on a team?

Oh. You meant with assist. Well ya know anything can be covered with assists. I was talking solo. And yeah you can pbgc into the move, and with that range it seems safe. But up close its definitely not.

Yeah with assist, without assist its still pretty stupid... Cause its still an option that is still hard to punish, and its an option that she still has that needs to be respected. I dont talk about characters in a one v one sense. 98% of sg is played with assists and the strongest strategies come with assists in general. If i were talking about unassisted play id be talking about inferior play in general. :(

I've been using her as anchor.

She's fairly versatile, but I do like Eliza anchor even if it means running no assist with her.

Sekhmet aided comebacks have been reasonably common for me.

Yeah with assist, without assist its still pretty stupid... Cause its still an option that is still hard to punish, and its an option that she still has that needs to be respected. I dont talk about characters in a one v one sense. 98% of sg is played with assists and the strongest strategies come with assists in general. If i were talking about unassisted play id be talking about inferior play in general. :(

I mean, I was talking in general about what she could do by herself. But there are ways around it I'm sure.

what happened to salty

is there any way to return sekmet into eliza as soon as possible or do you just have to time it?
If not then this would be a nice feature like a-train or squigly stancels.

what happened to salty

They should be streaming tonight from UGCLive

is there any way to return sekmet into eliza as soon as possible or do you just have to time it?
If not then this would be a nice feature like a-train or squigly stancels.

The only way is to input the standard qcb+p/k or qcf+p/k. You can cancel any attack on hit to return to Eliza, which is generally the fastest way to return.

Reactions: Denizen
Yeah, canceling the special after Sekhmet attacks is the fastest way. And I've been messing around with Carpenter's Axe and its pretty great. I can get combos off it easy for pretty decent damage, and its an armored overhead.

OK, something i wanna double check on. Normally you only get to use each servant summon once per combo, but if you start a combo with a summon you get to use it again. Is this intentional as a weirdness of how IPS works, or is it something that's not supposed to happen?

OK, something i wanna double check on. Normally you only get to use each servant summon once per combo, but if you start a combo with a summon you get to use it again. Is this intentional as a weirdness of how IPS works, or is it something that's not supposed to happen?
Which servant are you using? cause if it is the throne you can use it twice in a combo. If it's the dive kick then no you can't use it twice in a combo. And with the grab if you have an assist that has you opponent in a stagger state then you can do a double servant with that. IE: Meddic Shakedown, Bang Lp, Sliver Cord.

I was playing the other night and was getting hit by a raw divekick, and the other guy could use the dive a second time. I'll try and create a video if'n ya want tonight after work.

Saw a video with some new voice lines of her. For some reason she says "Isis" when performing her level 3 Khepri super, not her level 1 Isis super.

Saw a video with some new voice lines of her. For some reason she says "Isis" when performing her level 3 Khepri super, not her level 1 Isis super.

She doesn't have a line for her level 3 yet. She says Isis when doing her c hp. Maybe they were inputting that before the super.

She doesn't have a line for her level 3 yet. She says Isis when doing her c hp. Maybe they were inputting that before the super.
Ah, that makes sense.

OK, quick video showing what i was talking about

Yeah you can use divekick only once per combo unless it started the combo for some reason.

Not exactly sure if intended or if it's important enough to fix, but tagging @Mike_Z just in case.

Last edited:
and... Divekick initiation in order to use it again is gone.

On a side note, her c.mp has the most adorable sneeze.

and... Divekick initiation in order to use it again is gone.

You see? All is right in the world for Eliza today, she's still cute when she needs to be and she's less broken. Good Day, let's pack it up folks. See you tomorrow.

You see? All is right in the world for Eliza today, she's still cute when she needs to be and she's less broken. Good Day, let's pack it up folks. See you tomorrow.
Casually reminding everyone if there's ever a Skullgirls 2, good fucking luck facing her boss form :^)

Reactions: Covenant
Maybe her boss form would actually have the blood mechanic :PUN:

So, here's a question. Sekhmet assists eat meter, yet they can still be called if there is no more meter left. Intentional?

(@Mike_Z)

So, here's a question. Sekhmet assists eat meter, yet they can still be called if there is no more meter left. Intentional?

(@Mike_Z)
Well I imagine it is, because that'll be dumb if you couldn't access your assist due to a mechanic that's meant to balance a mode.

Reactions: Cawtime and Denizen
So then I'm a little confused. Why does the assist use meter then if you can still use it with out?

So then I'm a little confused. Why does the assist use meter then if you can still use it with out?
For the same reason why point character's uses meter but she can use it without.

because Mike made it that way. Ask him. but basically view it as a drawback that you can summon Sehkmet but you can't do anything and you're left wipe open to be grabbed or hit, forcing you to take damage. Sehkmet is clearly a very powerful tool for Eliza and is used to do massive damage and to extend combos. So naturally Mike had to make some drawbacks to this or else we would have a extremely unbalanced character.

For the same reason why point character's uses meter but she can use it without.

Oh yeah, and Sekh just goes back into Eliza. Okay yeah it makes sense now.

FARTS

*video*

Now I'm off to never play Eliza again because I can't think up of any weird combos, and that everybody else has made the optimal combos.
You really don't have to post this in two threads ninja...

You really don't have to post this in two threads ninja...
persoanlly I don't care. I'll take out the one in the other tread cause I don't know. I spent like a day and a half trying to figure out all of the timing for this to work. Do it too early and Fillia drops to the ground with out being hit by the lv 3. Do it too late and Fillia might get hit fully by the super but you won't have enough time to tag into Eliza. You know I did this by mistake when playing the arcade run to do a super finish. looked weird. I then knew I had to make a dumb video about it.

So I'm definitely running Eliza with Squigly as soon as she's released, no matter what. That being said though, I've grown kind of bored of Fortune lately, so instead of running Fortune/Squigs/Eliza like I'd originally planned, I think I'll either go for Parasoul for Pillar or Double for Bomber, but I just can't decide on who, or what order to put them in, the nice confusing part is that Parasoul, Squigly, and Double all have safe DHC options so it kind of seems like a tossup

Any advice for a lowly scrub?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.