• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, Bazinga!

About sekhmet... Well that drain looks like a bit much, but we will see when the combos get really figured out, as it is, 1.5 meters to do half damage seems kinda bad. But that wasnt optimized so... Who knows. But meter drain mechanic is kinda iffy in my eyes... Will definitely have to see how its implemented/what the reason for it draining meter is... Gens stances dont drain meter so i can only think that sekhmet is very powerful, or will be designed to be very powerful.

I think the whole "infinite armor" thing kinda justifies the draining meter for now.

I think the whole "infinite armor" thing kinda justifies the draining meter for now.

Yeah... I didnt know that. Hence the whole "/what the reason for it draining meter is" in the original post.

Where do we get this info on sek from though? I have heard nothing about her at all except for seeing that clip.

(Was gonna post the Salty video but me and my goddamned habit of wandering off mid-post typing. Bless these boards for the post refresh feature. Certainly convenient.)

Anyway, if I understood correctly, Sekhmet is controlled with the P buttons; pressing K returns her to the anchor and reform Eliza. Part of that makes me think of the proposed gameplay for Taliesin.
Didn't quite understand how she's called out, I think Mike said pressing "two different buttons" with the attack depending on the combination of P strengths used. (???)

Also noteworthy, it looks like Eliza is only missing Servant Summon special move and two Blockbusters, one of these likely air only and another (or maybe the same) can be done by Sekhmet.

(Was gonna post the Salty video but me and my goddamned habit of wandering off mid-post typing. Bless these boards for the post refresh feature. Certainly convenient.)

Anyway, if I understood correctly, Sekhmet is controlled with the P buttons; pressing K returns her to the anchor and reform Eliza. Part of that makes me think of the proposed gameplay for Taliesin.
Didn't quite understand how she's called out, I think Mike said pressing "two different buttons" with the attack depending on the combination of P strengths used. (???)

Also noteworthy, it looks like Eliza is only missing Servant Summon special move and two Blockbusters, one of these likely air only and another (or maybe the same) can be done by Sekhmet.
Mike uses a halfback motion at the end of the video for the assist call for Sekhmet so I think this will mean I can start using these. :HCF::HCB:

All my years of playing A.B.A on Guilty Gear don't fail me now!:PUN:

It's likely just a quarter circle motion. Mike just did a half circle to ensure it was that and not a DP. He talked about that in the UFGTX panel.

One of those Blockbusters (the air-only one) is likely the variation of her air throw where she divebombs to the ground instead.

Edit:
LdcxtHy.gif

Last edited:
Infinite armor, fast low profile dash, + no throws and a high/low mixup. So... chicken block and let her meter run out? What else would you do?

What else would you do?

I havent watched salty yet, but what happens if you hit the eliza-body-sarcophagus she came from? Does she return then? Because that would give you some possibilities to deal with Sekhmet.

Did Mike say if Sekhmet could block or not? (So she can block snap outs or block moves where she will get hit no matter what)

I wonder if turning into Sekhmet has an invincible start up or not.

I havent watched salty yet, but what happens if you hit the eliza-body-sarcophagus she came from? Does she return then? Because that would give you some possibilities to deal with Sekhmet.

As far as I know, the sarcophagus is invincible.

@Balder and for others I guess. Sekhmet is called out by qcb + p. Eliza is missing servant summons, and two supers. One that is air only and one that can be used by both Eliza and Sekhmet. Sekhmet cannot block but can be thrown. When she gets thrown she goes back to Eliza. As of rn you cannot hit Eliza's sarcophagus body, but that may change in the future. Also, Sekhmet will not have a throw or a snapback.

One of those Blockbusters (the air-only one) is likely the variation of her air throw where she divebombs to the ground instead.

Edit:
LdcxtHy.gif

So That's one level super, chariot will be another one, her level 3 already in beta and Sekhmet transformation is kinda a "super". I guess we have all set up here, except Sekhmet if she will have a super too.

I like how you guys are assuming what her supers are gonna be. I'm pretty sure they aren't done yet. Also how do you know that the chariot thing is a super? It seems more like a tag or something. And the grab divebomb seems more like an unused grab concept.

I like how you guys are assuming what her supers are gonna be. I'm pretty sure they aren't done yet. Also how do you know that the chariot thing is a super? It seems more like a tag or something. And the grab divebomb seems more like an unused grab concept.
We're not really assuming much, just speculating on what's already been shown. I don't think the divebomb's going to go unused, they've already gone to the trouble of animating it.

We're not really assuming much, just speculating on what's already been shown. I don't think the divebomb's going to go unused, they've already gone to the trouble of animating it.

I mean they've animated stuff before that they didn't end up using.

There aren't really unused animations for Squigly or Big Band or Eliza or...well, anyone after Peacock.
We've gotten really good at not wasting time or effort. Like, REALLY good. Big Band originally had a different s.HP but that never got past roughs before it was replaced by SAXIMUM.

Reactions: Armageddon11
Also another thing to note, Mike also said that her level 3 was supposed to be a level 1 which is why it was made first, which I can guess means the other two haven't been made yet (or least weren't when the level 3 came out). Those animations predate that so its safe to assume those won't be supers..

Also another thing to note, Mike also said that her level 3 was supposed to be a level 1 which is why it was made first, which I can guess means the other two haven't been made yet (or least weren't when the level 3 came out). Those animations predate that so its safe to assume those won't be supers..
Point taken, it is still plausible that the "air-grab looking" move will remain unused (or maybe air-only special?)

Point taken, it is still plausible that the "air-grab looking" move will remain unused (or maybe air-only special?)

It could be a tag in.

Not nearly as safe as you think it is.

No I think you've done a good job of disproving the possibility of it not being used. Rather, if the divebomb isn't a super it might instead be a follow-up unlocked by her Taunt, like Big Band and the other version of his air throw.

It could be a tag in.
Or that.

Last edited:
Yeah figured you'd be the guy to do that. "Seems" being the keyword here. I didn't say it would definitely be unused but nice try. Also I said "grab" concept so just because its not used as a grab doesn't mean it can't be used elsewhere, BUT as I said most likely not a super.

Maybe her taunt would upgrade her grabs?
I would love it if it is a bella grab bag like special move, though. Every character needs an unsafe uncomboable cool-looking move to go yolo with :)

Reactions: Killjoy
No I think you've done a good job of disproving the possibility of it not being used. Rather, if the divebomb isn't a super it might instead be a follow-up unlocked by her Taunt, like Big Band and the other version of his air throw.

I'm not sure they'd make her taunt have the same effect as big band. I mean its a possibility, but I'd think they'd do something different for each taunt that was more character specific.

Maybe her taunt would upgrade her grabs?
I would love it if it is a bella grab bag like special move, though. Every character needs an unsafe uncomboable cool-looking move to go yolo with :)

That'd be cool, but don't you think a grab upgrade for a taunt would better suit Cerebella?

Infinite armor, fast low profile dash, + no throws and a high/low mixup. So... chicken block and let her meter run out? What else would you do?
Don't lows catch pre-jump?

That'd be cool, but don't you think a grab upgrade for a taunt would better suit Cerebella?
Yeah, sure. Let's make bella absolutely broken.

It's not like once you summon her you're gonna be dumb enough to keep using Sekhmet until you run your meter out, if Sekhmet gets blocked the other person will probably just call Sekhmet back and start attacking with Eliza until getting a solid confirm to allow her to transition into Sekhmet mid-combo for much more damage.

At least that would seem to be the best method for using Sekhmet instead of just trying to mix-up with her constantly. She has options for mix-ups but it's not a ton of stuff and honestly it would be a waste of meter and time to bother trying to get in with Sekhmet alone when you can call her back and start over with Eliza, build the meter you did use back up and try again when you get a solid hit in to work off of.

Yeah, sure. Let's make bella absolutely broken.

Now, it doesn't have to mean that her grabs would instant kill. It could be something as simple as adding a bit of damage to like the next one grab she does or something.

@Mysterygamer3k I agree. Using Sekhmet to run around and waste meter seems silly. I think the best use for her would to be like you said and gain extra damage at the end of combos or to add mixups to Eliza's game. Short bursts as opposed to long wasteful ones would be ideal.

I’ve been saying stuff along these lines for a while, but the more I see of Sekhmet, the more I’m reminded of Hsien-Ko’s/ Lei Lei’s darkforce. She has hyper armor, can’t block, can’t throw, probably needs to be aware of an anchor point, and seems to lose a lot of air mobility compared to Eliza. There’s also the obvious thing about her running off meeter rather than health, stocks/tokens, or some special cool down.

The big differences I noticed are:

-She returns to the anchor rather than it coming to her. This should be much safer.
-She has lows that aren’t a sweep and seems to give up less options overall.
-Spare buttons do something useful by recalling her to the anchor rather than just being 17 versions of sweep or jumping fierce.

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowflash26
Status
Not open for further replies.