• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella Resets Thread

With undizzy how it is we need more reset options, so that's what I've been experimenting with.

My current idea is to start with a combo into restand into c.lk:

-c.lk +assist then wait to bait out reversals and hopefully keep them in pressure if they block the assist
-ground chain into tumble run seems really handy to beat stuff like gregor, cat scratch fever etc since you can just react with super during the flash
-above+assist and do a left/right with kanchou fake or 360 if they didn't mash super
-c.lk diamond drop to catch blocking
-c.lk hk + assist to catch jumping, ambiguous high/low/throw if they don't pushblock (cilia slide assist), tumble run in if they do pushblock
-c.lk c.mp hk (1 hit) + assist into pummel horse is an ambiguous high/low but I don't think it's worth it since it's pretty unsafe and also the inputs are easy to mess up with how lenient tumble run follow ups are

Against squigly you can do beat out grave digger by cancelling to devil horns during the flash and then punishing with dynamo.

Against bella I think you just need to avoid ground to ground resets and try to bait out 360s with jumps

Last edited:
do burst baits count as resets? I have something that I will post after my set with taluda

do burst baits count as resets? I have something that I will post after my set with taluda

I would count burst baits as resets. We'll need a few good ones based on how mashing super is the new "optimal" defensive strategy. Can the opponent still mash super after a blocked burst before landing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dime
Yeah they can I'm fairy certain. But unless they have cat heads or filia that's super unsafe

I found a great burst bait against valentine using the Flow chart combo. Specifically, after the cMK, jMP, jHK, doing a cMK will activate IPS and move you out of range of Val's burst. It's easy and super effective.

Reactions: fastturtle
Can the opponent still mash super after a blocked burst before landing?

Yeah, as sage said they can. And even though it's unsafe, most people will at this point in time attack after a blocked burst bait since it's seen as an opportunity to attack by the person that induced the burst... Which means its a good reversal spot.

The only bursts that give full combo are the ones that completely wiff.

Blocked or armoring through counts as getting hit. Full invincibility or invincible to attacks (like peacocks m bang) counts as not getting hit.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Well, that sucks. I would have liked bursting to take away all of the defender's actions besides block (so maybe AC bursts would have a use), and blocking in the air taking away your double jump. Game could use a few more tweaks imo.

this is part of a mixup situation to hopefully counter ground based supers, but I figured resetting the j.mp hitstun was a pretty neat thing to record.

More practical options would be stuff like
- j.lp grab bag
- j.lp j.d+mp
- c.hp run dynamo (0 frame left/right)
- c.hp run kanchou fake (ambiguous but weak to falling normals probably)
-c.hp run stop lk

Reactions: fastturtle
WELCOME!
Also, on that last video, the sLK reset also works on painwheel, so I'm assuming it'll work on the entire cast. You may not even need to do cHK as well.

Last edited:
WELCOME!
Also, on that last video, the sLK reset also works on painwheel, so I'm assuming it'll work on the entire cast. You may not even need to do cHK as well.

Yeah you can choose between st.hp, cr.hk and st.lk. I do cr.hk because its the easiest one for me to time, and st.lk on parasoul because its the easiest for me to time lol.

I like the idea of the 50/50 Dynamo, especially with the Titan Knuckle follow-ups doing so much damage. Something you would want to reset into early, I guess?

If there's a way to do j.lp Air Grab near the peak of the jump, you can try adding a j.lp j.lk OR j.lp air grab 50/50 for air resets and OTG into combo with a falling j.lp.

Man Bella with cilia slide has the coolest options. Too bad I'm a hornet bomber boi q-q

Man Bella with cilia slide has the coolest options. Too bad I'm a hornet bomber boi q-q

You're still playin Duo? :o

Yeah dude. I'm really bad at reading resets and playing this current versions reset game so I need the advantages of playing duo to help me. Otherwise my characters would just drop one after the other lmao

So for those who haven't learned the timing of s.hk (1st hit) xx command grab yet, I've an almost perfect visual cue for it.
Look on the ground. Buffer the 360 or qc during the hit, and input the throw when the opponent's feet lands.

I say almost perfect because Fortune's earliest landing frames make it seem like she's barely on the ground.
Also Double. The visual cue works, but it would help if the blob had oh i don't know, FEET? Just a personal gripe.

works on lightweights only, tricky on squigly.
Looks like the Titan Knuckle out of stun doesn't work if they mash out?

omg that burst bait I'm dying. Good stuff

Looks like the Titan Knuckle out of stun doesn't work if they mash out?
As long as the combo counter goes up after a mash out it works. Doesn't matter if they got out of stun state.

omg that burst bait I'm dying. Good stuff

As long as the combo counter goes up after a mash out it works. Doesn't matter if they got out of stun state.

Actually it doesn't work.

Yeah I didn't mean in the video, I meant that I tried it in training mode and set the dummy to mash out of stagger and they block it if they mash hard enough. That's not to say it won't work because mashing that hard can be difficult imo

oh my bad haha

But yeah I went to see other possible similar baits and atm the ones I came up with are painfully obvious. Like st.mp dash back -> stuff or call hb assist dash back -> stuff is obvious but I might do it anyways just because it puts me in a pretty decent spacing I feel

I've been using that burst bait for a while. You don't need to use f.HP, anything like c.LK and such will work just fine. Double can do something similar with the lugar shot since she takes a step back when she shoots similar to how Cerebella moves back during Lock n Load.

Does that burst work because Titan Knuckle in the corner pushes you back so far, or is this usable with other moves?

Does that burst work because Titan Knuckle in the corner pushes you back so far, or is this usable with other moves?

Uhh did you read the post I made just before you? You can do it with any attack. The part that makes it work is the start-up animation of Lock n Load has her body move backwards, which causes her to move away from the burst.

Reactions: evilben
Uhh did you read the post I made just before you? You can do it with any attack. The part that makes it work is the start-up animation of Lock n Load has her body move backwards, which causes her to move away from the burst.
Sorry, didn't realize you were making a statement and not a hypothesis. My bad.
If you do it with a Light attack, cMK may also move you far enough back to avoid the burst.

I tried this out the other night on @Elda Taluda (name dropping so that it sounds more official of course) but doing the airstring of jLP, jLK , pause to end combo, jMP to Diamond Drop. If they block the jMP, they'll drop straight to the ground along with you, recovering from blocking animation immediately and allowing for immediate grab.

I tried this out the other night on @Elda Taluda (name dropping so that it sounds more official of course) but doing the airstring of jLP, jLK , pause to end combo, jMP to Diamond Drop. If they block the jMP, they'll drop straight to the ground along with you, recovering from blocking animation immediately and allowing for immediate grab.

Just wanted to acknowledge how well this works. Got me several times even after I knew what to look for. Good stuff man!

Reactions: gllt

Age used to do a cr.lk or DD mixup off of this at neutral till i learned to ALWAYS pushblock the j.mp.

It is rather good cause the j.mp just plants people on block :)

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Kinda a reset, more of a gamble to show YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN.
Says the video is private? All I got is static :(

Someone tell me if this can be intentionally recreated consistently cuz I am too mindfucked to even do it.

It can, but I don't know if there are any good ways without an assist. Basically you use the fact that you're hitting with move that have hitboxes behind bella, so that you can keep the charge based on where she's facing rather than where the opponent is.

This was my setup

edit: actually if you're resetting with it you just want moves that you can whiff while facing away from them. Pretty sure @severin uses c.mk whiffed hk? into kanchou for a similar effect.