• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 11, 2015] NEC 16 - Main Game & $1,000 Pot Bonus (King of Prussia, PA)

Moreso just for a really stacked tournament I would like to have gameplay-centric commentary for top 8. Broken Loose / Peanuts were nothing short of amazing at CEOtaku and i'd like to have them go again.

Don't get me wrong, you're extremely passionate and mad hype and I really love that <3
I think it's only right for the man who gave us prize money, stream time, promotion, and support at a time when our numbers were low and TO's acted like we were invisible has the honor of being our host at a watershed event that he had a considerable hand in building.

@IAmAphroDynamek goddamn deserves it.

@Broken Loose It would be my distinct honor having you on the mic at any time during NEC.

@ElkyDori You flatter me, sir... all I've wanted & sought to do this year was keep the promise I made after last year's NEC.

@Dolfinh I can totally make that happen. Besides, I'm eventually gonna need some downtime to catch my breath, right?

:PUJNA:

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
My apologies for getting this incorrect, but the final pre reg number is indeed 83.

For anyone curious of the region spread...

9 New York

9 New Jersey

7 Massachusetts

6 Pennsylvania

5 Virginia

4 Maryland

5 Missouri

4 Socal

4 Norcal

3 Nevada

3 Delaware

3 Connecticut

3 Florida

2 Canada

2 Texas

1 Vermont

1 Wyoming

1 Washington

1 Indiana

1 Japan

1 Oregon

1 Colorado

1 United Kingdom

1 Ohio

1 Illinois

1 Minnesota

1 Mississippi

1 APO?

Tristate players I placed you out to the best of my ability but few of us will have to end up in the same pool, simple math and its just too many of us xD

I spread it out as best as possible to avoid too many clumps.

I sent my seeding and most of each pool to Min and he will finish it up and put it on Challonge, so expect it in a couple days hopefully guys. Thanks for your patience <3

Last edited:
I wonder if I'll face Sage this time because it was Sonic at Winter Brawl and TJ at Summer Jam :^)

Reactions: erkicman
My apologies for getting this incorrect, but the final pre reg number is indeed 83.

9 New York

9 New Jersey

7 Massachusetts

6 Pennsylvania

5 Virginia

4 Maryland

5 Missouri

4 Socal

4 Norcal

3 Nevada

3 Delaware

3 Connecticut

3 Florida

2 Canada

2 Texas

1 Vermont

1 Wyoming

1 Washington

1 Indiana

1 Japan

1 Oregon

1 Colorado

1 United Kingdom

1 Ohio

1 Illinois

1 Minnesota

1 Mississippi

1 APO?

Tristate players I placed you out to the best of my ability but few of us will have to end up in the same pool, simple math and its just too many of us xD

I sent my seeding and most of each pool to Min and he will finish it up and put it on Challonge, so expect it in a couple days hopefully guys. Thanks for your patience <3
Who are the 4 reppin from So Cal?

Who are the 4 reppin from So Cal?

Mike, POS, Verdant Brave, and I put Mayor as Socal even though he might be "Cencal" or something I don't know. If he ends up being Norcal my bad i'll know for next time.

(technically i am coming from socal but i still enter tournaments as chicago)

Knowing that earlier would've been great but thanks for telling me for him I spose!

No worries puddin thanks for letting me know!

9 New York

9 New Jersey

7 Massachusetts

6 Pennsylvania

5 Virginia

4 Maryland

5 Missouri

4 Socal

4 Norcal

3 Nevada

3 Delaware

3 Connecticut

3 Florida

2 Canada

2 Texas

1 Vermont

1 Wyoming

1 Washington

1 Indiana

1 Japan

1 Oregon

1 Colorado

1 United Kingdom

1 Ohio

1 Illinois

1 Minnesota

1 Mississippi

1 APO?

How the fuck does Pennsylvania have the third most players at a Philadelphia tournament?

PA being its own pool makes me wonder what on earth took the people so long to get into this game

I-its own pool?

You're all separated I don't know what you meaaan ;_;

Reactions: Cadenza
OKAY GUYS GREAT NEWS!

Big E wants to give us 8 setups for the tournament!

He's supplying 5, if we brig 3 PS3's/3 Monitors we'll have a eight setup tournament!

I'm bringing a PS3 so let me know who is bringing what!

Reactions: Crypt Kiddie
I already mentioned this to you but you know I'm bringing my setups with monitors I got your back fam.

I already mentioned this to you but you know I'm bringing my setups with monitors I got your back fam.

So another PS3 and one monitor?

Man, 8 setups might be overkill, unless we're holding 2 pools simultaneously or something.

Man, 8 setups might be overkill, unless we're holding 2 pools simultaneously or something.

We could run 4 at a time but yeah i'll keep it simple to two at a time for everyone its so lit.

Lit we need one more PS3 and 2 more monitors. Make sure they're asus or benq and stuff etc

What kind of bags do you need to make monitors airplane safe? I not in a position to buy it now but next time I fly I'll be ready to help out.

What kind of bags do you need to make monitors airplane safe? I not in a position to buy it now but next time I fly I'll be ready to help out.

I have a max size carryon bag and can't even fit my 15" monitors in it

the original packaging with the styrofoam braces would probably be fine for a checked bag but they seriously throw those things around so you're taking a big risk imo

everyone I know that moves monitors has them shipped via ground transit

I think the only semi-realistic solution I've seen is those GAEMS monitors/cases and they're on the expensive side for what you get

(i have a problem)
Every joke contains a kernel of truth...

Jokes aside, is ANYONE gonna be at the venue and/or checked into their rooms on Thursday? Reason I ask is because I need a place to house SIG for the evening before things kick off proper on Friday.
SO it turns out the only available reasonably-priced flights have me arriving on Friday, which sucks HELLA. But that means my space is not taken on Thursday. Our room is not at the venue, but you might want to ask @hilaryyy and co if they're willing to do this. I can't volunteer for 'em, only mention it.

Reactions: IAmAphroDynamek
@Mike_Z I appreciate your effort on this matter, but I was informed earlier today that @Dolfinh (lovable scamp that he is) will be able to help out. That being said, looks like everything has fallen into place to make this just an incredible event for SGNation... I'll see you there!

@Mike_Z I appreciate your effort on this matter, but I was informed earlier today that @Dolfinh (lovable scamp that he is) will be able to help out. That being said, looks like everything has fallen into place to make this just an incredible event for SGNation... I'll see you there!
Actually if SIG could steal a spot from hilary's room that'd be even more convenient because right now my room is super crowded thursday night from cloud needing a room also. I'm sure SIG would appreciate having a much less crowded room.

Last edited:
So... Does anyone have a Super Nintendo, some controllers and a copy of Tetris Attack?

Reactions: missingno
I might bring my laptop which has Street Fighter 4 Remix on it because SF4 Remix is fun in a stupid way.

Reactions: ElkyDori
Man I feel left out. I'm gonna bring my gamecast

I could bring my copy of Meteos if anyone wants to play that. It has DS Download Play, though you only get to pick 4 out of the 32 planets if nobody else has their own cartridge.