• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

Hold down the fort for us! Me. Us. JUST HOLD THE FORT! We'll be back on the 30th and we'll make it a good one!

Oh right, I would love a ride to salty this week!! If anyone can help me out here and work out a deal, let's do it. I live in the Granada Hills area

Turns out I can't make it this week. Can't take the Prius because the tires on that thing are in bad shape and need to be changed. Brothers are taking the other car to pick up my parents from the airport. Can't take the third car because I can't drive stick.

I'm gonna be pretty late (I'm assuming 8 or 9 at this point)

Next Saturday is a go for me, transportation permitting.

Laaaast event this week. Let's make it a gooood one!

Watching this week's archive now... what ended up happening with the venue?

Man I'm not there for one week and you guys are playing on the weird couch? did ya'll at least have a monitor?

Yes, I brought mine and I think Fifi(?) had a GG setup.
K good ALSO people still sign-up because it's nice being able to make the brackets beforehand and I think I'll still try and use this spreadsheet for future events.

Last edited:
K good ALSO people still sign-up because it's nice being able to make the brackets beforehand and I think I'll still try and use this spreadsheet for that for future events.
I did it...I finally signed up.

Reactions: Weatherbee
Q: Will IG let me chill some beers in that big fridge

(this is serious btw)

Last edited:
Hey nerds, I'll be at eSports Arena in Santa Ana, CA from March 24th -28th for Californiathon (Speedrunning event). I know Whens and Nekro were already planning on stopping by since they're close by, but if anyone else wants to come watch speedruns and hang out, please stop by. This event is gonna be really fun :D

I'll have my laptop with me so i can play some sg as well.

Oh here is the schedule for the event: https://horaro.org/californithon/schedule

My runs start early saturday morning at 6:45am ish.

Also if anyone from the area is going to salty that evening, I am hella down to go.

Last edited:
Q: Will IG let me chill some beers in that big fridge

(this is serious btw)
We're not allowed to eat or drink in there anymore, so probably not. Well, we can in the kitchen area but its not very big. It's also the last day so I dunno, follow your heart.

Dolfinh things
Provided nothings gets in the way, I'll swing by too! If we got a Salty that day I'll also more than likely be able to give you a lift. Remind me when the date gets closer.

Stay tuned for possible venue updates. We have a few prospects being looked into, hopefully they yield results! (Also I just woke up help)

Good luck on finding a new venue guys! I've been in that spot before, it's annoying but things always end up working out if your community is dedicated enough.

Tronzilla says he has two possible places.
Both are in Valencia, and the first one can only do Sunday.
Sunday seems(?) like it would be worse for people.
Which prompts the question:
IF we have to do not-Saturday, would people prefer Friday or Sunday? (Or some other day, like Tuesday?)

I would prefer any day other than Friday because that's the only day of the week I have regular plans to go somewhere else.

I'm open to either. Would honestly not want to do midweek things again. I remember those horrible days of getting home late only to have to work in 2 hours... not that I'm employed at the moment.

My only days off are Friday and Saturday

OK, Tron says the OTHER card shop can do Saturdays but not all of them?
Like, this week is open, but the next opening is the 27th.
That...

If we had to choose between those two days specifically, I'd go Friday. Otherwise Saturday sounds nice. (I drive a lot for school now, so every other Saturday or whatever schedule there would actually be cost-efficient for me)

Friday or Saturday is OK with me.

Preferably Friday so 3 AM Tetris Attack grand finals have less severe consequences for me....

Might just have to take them up on that place for this week. Hopefully we can find something more stable? Otherwise... take what we can get at the moment D:

Aight so Tron got back to me. Says we can stay as late as 1-2am, need to supply setups (nothing new there). He says the area has horrible internet so streaming isn't likely, not that we cant, we would just need our own setup and a much better connection (phone internet). There would be a venue fee of $5

Tapped Out Gaming
28410 Avenue Stanford, Valencia, CA 91355

Everyone cool with that for THIS week at the very least? Objections? Questions/Concerns?

Last edited:
That venue ain't too bad for me. What's the settled day?

Are we allowed to eat food at the venue?

Location is alright for me.

That venue ain't too bad for me. What's the settled day?
It would be this Saturday. Just for this week.

Are we allowed to eat food at the venue?

Location is alright for me.
Good question I'll ask him tomorrow since I don't know his sleep schedule.

And ya... it's far as hell. If anyone has ideas for a place that could host us within LA please let us know. I didn't think about card/hobby shops that may be a decent alternative. Stupid big ass SoCal. Keep your eyes open.