• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

EC VS The World 10v10 @ Combo Breaker 2016

So I'm thinking we'll do a couple separate vote sessions:

One in the near future (as in tonight or tomorrow). One after NEC. One after Frosty Faustings / Kumite in Tennessee (the january tournaments). Then one more in march/april to solidify the final team, which will be decided after looking at the statistics. The reason i'm doing multiple votes is because we don't know what new skilled players will show up, what players will still be active, who will still be attending combo breaker, etc. However, I still feel it is worthwhile to gauge peoples first responses so i'll still put up a form pretty soon.

Also if you have any doubts to kenin helping me with my decisions, you should read his earlier post. He wants the world team to be as strong as possible, as do I.

The Poll is here. You need a google account because I don't want people voting more than once.

Remember guys, this is NOT a popularity contest. This is a community effort to put together the most fantastic world team possible.

ROUND 1 VOTING IS OVER SO LINK IS DED

Last edited:
Reactions: WarpedEcho
why am I considered in this list, I mean its nice to know i've done something, but like c'mon, its me you're talking about

5 players are locked in:
1. @Swiftfox-Dash
2. @Skarmand
3. @Duckator
4. @WingZero
5. @Elda Taluda

if combo breaker attendance changes or one of you does not want to be on the team / does not think they will be able to practice for combo breaker, let me know.

We'll do another round of voting after NEC, if we want to wait that long. I want to give some of the candidates a chance to show how strong they are at NEC. Depending on how things look then I might just lock in the entire team after that.

The only reason i'm locking these 5 in early is because this was literally everyone's lineup minus 5 voters, out of almost 30. At least 3/5 of these players appeared on everyone's top 5, minus one voter.

I'll post the other results but only if people ask for it.

Last edited:
Updating OP with who Dolfinh wants on the world team so far. Congrats to the players <3

Also while we have this thread up and popping again...

Me and Dolfinh agreed to make each set TWO OUT OF 3 (best of 3, first to two, etc)

Do any of the players or spectators have any issues with this at all? It really won't add much additional time considering how fast the game is and how fast button checks would be while transitioning between players.

To give people some perspective, the average 2-1 BO3 SG set takes about 7 minutes (based on what ive seen youtube). We decided on this because it gives us more exciting matches without increasing the time it takes too much. Plus, more high level sg matches? That's definitely a plus. We can still easily finish this in about an hour and a half.

Last edited:
Will this be happening before or after the main CB tourney? If after, you could leave 1 spot free on both teams which would then be filled by the respective best placing EC/World player at CB16?

Will this be happening before or after the main CB tourney? If after, you could leave 1 spot free on both teams which would then be filled by the respective best placing EC/World player at CB16?
Kenin and I have both emphasized the importance of running these things BEFORE tournaments because everyone is burned out on the game after. Every other time a large team exhibition has been organized after a tournament, people have dipped on it because of being fatigued / ready to do other things or just relax after the tournament.

Also, I updated the candidates list in my big post on the second page. Those who had 4 vote points or less were moved to the "secondary candidates" section. You will still be able to vote for them in the "Other" box during round 2. Link to said post.

See you all at NEC.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
You know, I could just talk to Rick and see if we can turn this into another Saturday Night Salt type deal if you want

Reactions: mcpeanuts
My skill level increases rapidly once I put myself up to train and get ready for the next tournament, so I definitely will be participating for Team EC.

After a few local tourneys, attending SJ9, and casually hanging out with the SGC, my tournament nerves are officially gone so I can finally play at my full potential. I'll have MORE than enough fire left in me to still give it my all at NEC and CB after Team EC qualifiers/ Team W vs. Team EC respectively. And I'll hitch-hike to CB if I have to, but I'll be there too. And if I have to work on those days in my future job, well then, they're gonna have one less employee.

My only question is this: Are we doing the tournaments to decide members of Team EC in hotel rooms or in the venue?
Also this post is here to keep me updated on this thread.

I also have interest in joining team world. I'm on the grind and it only goes up from here.

My skill level increases rapidly once I put myself up to train and get ready for the next tournament, so I definitely will be participating for Team EC.

After a few local tourneys, attending SJ9, and casually hanging out with the SGC, my tournament nerves are officially gone so I can finally play at my full potential. I'll have MORE than enough fire left in me to still give it my all at NEC and CB after Team EC qualifiers/ Team W vs. Team EC respectively. And I'll hitch-hike to CB if I have to, but I'll be there too. And if I have to work on those days in my future job, well then, they're gonna have one less employee.

My only question is this: Are we doing the tournaments to decide members of Team EC in hotel rooms or in the venue?
Also this post is here to keep me updated on this thread.

If a BYOC area/room is there, thats where it will be.

If not it will be in a hotel room, but everyone who wants to know will know what room number it is no worries.

Reactions: PME
I also have interest in joining team world. I'm on the grind and it only goes up from here.
Let me know if you want to play online. And If you haven't already, check out my video on how to analyze your sets. In my experience that's the most effective way to improve.

Also because SIG will be attending NEC this year I would like to add him to the roster is he is also attending combo breaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhoppler
Holy shit I just realized I forgot to put Bang Camaro on the form

thats fine, dont worry about it

Let me know if you want to play online. And If you haven't already, check out my video on how to analyze your sets. In my experience that's the most effective way to improve.

Also because SIG will be attending NEC this year I would like to add him to the roster is he is also attending combo breaker.

What's the video called? Or can you just link it? Also. I'll hit you up tomorrow if I don't spend all night cooking.

I heard SIG is going to NEC over CB so he can't go, but yeah still add him I don't want to deconfirm that for him.

This is fucking depressing if true

to be fair it's probably a scheduling issue, I would expect/hope he'd be informed enough to have chosen CB if it were a feasible option but yeah it sucks if it's really the case

THIS NIGGA JUST SIGN UP FOR A TOURNAMEEEEENT

b162afc4a0.jpg

I like how I'm considered Midwest when I'm in Canada. lol

Liam got 3rd at NWM, not 4th.

If people want me on Team World, I'll see what I can do about going. It's a funds issue more than anything else.

I was tagged somewhere in this thread. Hi all. I will play anyone for a spot. KThxDie

Still not as big a meme as FuLLBLee D:

Still not as big a meme as FuLLBLee D:

I accepted my fate and channeled into greatness. Will you do the same?

(done derailing your thread now sorry keninblack)

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
I like how I'm considered Midwest when I'm in Canada. lol
Oops! I figured you lived somewhere in the central part of Canada since it seems like you're at pretty much every midwest event, heh.

Liam got 3rd at NWM, not 4th.
If people want me on Team World, I'll see what I can do about going. It's a funds issue more than anything else.
I'll fix that right now. Thanks yaya!

I was tagged somewhere in this thread. Hi all. I will play anyone for a spot. KThxDie
This MAY be possible if you're attending NEC, otherwise this probably won't be necessary. I want to avoid having players play online for slots if possible.

I accepted my fate and channeled into greatness. Will you do the same?

(done derailing your thread now sorry keninblack)
FuLLBLee D:

Also interested in Team ZaWarudo, I'll be shaping up the way to Combo Breaker '16 and I'm working on getting back my offensive execution and polish, plus stuff and not getting so pumped that I'm vibrating intensely internally, and earn my spot through the local monthly and MAYBE NEC if I can make it.

And thank gods I'm not a meme
EDIT: I should mention why I (think) I can be a strong candidate. I'm always inches away from winning Maxout but I get too hype, get stupid and press wrong buttons in bad situations. Second last one I went to a good couple months back I got second with AlexPi taking first. Last one last month I tied for 5th, cause I got tense, losing to AlexPi winner's semis 1-2 and Dhoppler in loser's semis 1-2 (who I put there to begin with), and that's NOT BAD for someone who hasn't played and touched the game in months. Even with FuLLBLeeD's mixups having gotten stronger and he actually throws now, I can still throw tech/neutral jump for days. My execution and defense has gotten better, surprisingly, on return from hiatus (my patience and focus are both better these days), I can still sometimes kill FullBleeD and Dhoppler without recieving so much as a scratch with my standard Peacock-Bella-Band (or Peacock-Band-Bella, depending on what I want for options), and I'm polishing back up my parries and reset game. Also I hit like 2 or 3 Peacock double snaps in the couple games I've played throughout the time from since last Maxout and I killed on each one of them. I'm plowing through my collegeworks to get ahead, so I can start really spending time on this game as I'd like to, but I'm not quite there yet. Games still on my mind though and I know exactly what I must do. I'm pretty filled with determination.

tl;dr I'm going to be playing for the spot, I will shape up, win Maxout, and once I start soon, I ain't going to let up. Work is going to get done.

Last edited:
I nominate MrPeck, myself.
(To clarify, that means I myself nominate MrPeck, not that I nominate him and me.)

Oops! I figured you lived somewhere in the central part of Canada since it seems like you're at pretty much every midwest event, heh.
Southern Ontario is roughly above the border between American Midwest and east coast, which is a lot closer to Chicago than central Canada.

I've only ever gone to combo breaker (and ufgt) in the Midwest which I don't think counts as "every" Midwest event unless the Midwest is a barren wasteland for tournaments. =P

Yaya is also being considered PNW which I guess is technically correct? But, he's still Canadian.

EDIT: I should mention why I (think) I can be a strong candidate. I'm always inches away from winning Maxout but I get too hype, get stupid and press wrong buttons in bad situations. Second last one I went to a good couple months back I got second with AlexPi taking first. Last one last month I tied for 5th, cause I got tense, losing to AlexPi winner's semis 1-2 and Dhoppler in loser's semis 1-2 (who I put there to begin with), and that's NOT BAD for someone who hasn't played and touched the game in months. Even with FuLLBLeeD's mixups having gotten stronger and he actually throws now, I can still throw tech/neutral jump for days. My execution and defense has gotten better, surprisingly, on return from hiatus (my patience and focus are both better these days), I can still sometimes kill FullBleeD and Dhoppler without recieving so much as a scratch with my standard Peacock-Bella-Band (or Peacock-Band-Bella, depending on what I want for options), and I'm polishing back up my parries and reset game. Also I hit like 2 or 3 Peacock double snaps in the couple games I've played throughout the time from since last Maxout and I killed on each one of them. I'm plowing through my collegeworks to get ahead, so I can start really spending time on this game as I'd like to, but I'm not quite there yet. Games still on my mind though and I know exactly what I must do. I'm pretty filled with determination.

tl;dr I'm going to be playing for the spot, I will shape up, win Maxout, and once I start soon, I ain't going to let up. Work is going to get done.

You've never placed second at maxout. Don't get full of yourself.