• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

EC VS The World 10v10 @ Combo Breaker 2016

I'd love to be on team The World but I think it would be silly to add me to it before I consistently prove myself against top players, especially with my new team. So I'd better get working on it!
Show us your stuff at NEC. You being there is a reason why I want to wait until after NEC to make a final roster. My current understanding of you as a player is from what fenster tells me you're very strong, and had a great run of casuals at combo breaker. But you're in a character crisis and do struggle a bit with stage nerves (which is a big challenge to overcome since you can't go to offline events very often), so NEC would be a great time for you to show us what you've got. If not in tournament, then maybe in exhibitions / mm's? We'll make sure you get a chance to show your stuff there. I know you're dedicated and are much stronger than what we saw at combo breaker.

Also interested in Team ZaWarudo, I'll be shaping up the way to Combo Breaker '16 and I'm working on getting back my offensive execution and polish, plus stuff and not getting so pumped that I'm vibrating intensely internally, and earn my spot through the local monthly and MAYBE NEC if I can make it.

And thank gods I'm not a meme
EDIT: I should mention why I (think) I can be a strong candidate. I'm always inches away from winning Maxout but I get too hype, get stupid and press wrong buttons in bad situations. Second last one I went to a good couple months back I got second with AlexPi taking first. Last one last month I tied for 5th, cause I got tense, losing to AlexPi winner's semis 1-2 and Dhoppler in loser's semis 1-2 (who I put there to begin with), and that's NOT BAD for someone who hasn't played and touched the game in months. Even with FuLLBLeeD's mixups having gotten stronger and he actually throws now, I can still throw tech/neutral jump for days. My execution and defense has gotten better, surprisingly, on return from hiatus (my patience and focus are both better these days), I can still sometimes kill FullBleeD and Dhoppler without recieving so much as a scratch with my standard Peacock-Bella-Band (or Peacock-Band-Bella, depending on what I want for options), and I'm polishing back up my parries and reset game. Also I hit like 2 or 3 Peacock double snaps in the couple games I've played throughout the time from since last Maxout and I killed on each one of them. I'm plowing through my collegeworks to get ahead, so I can start really spending time on this game as I'd like to, but I'm not quite there yet. Games still on my mind though and I know exactly what I must do. I'm pretty filled with determination.

tl;dr I'm going to be playing for the spot, I will shape up, win Maxout, and once I start soon, I ain't going to let up. Work is going to get done.
I appreciate your motivation but there are several stronger midwest candidates who have wins against strong East Coast players and have consistently proven how strong of a player they are at majors. You're so on/off with the game that I really can't picture you consistently practicing for CB. Please prove me wrong by winning multiple maxouts with Fuzzy in attendance.

IN TERMS OF PLAYING FOR SLOTS

Let me clarify a few things:

I want to avoid people playing online for slots as much as possible. Even though online is reliable and good in this game, the amount of post-match salt and whining would be frustrating for me. That's also not fair to international candidates like CaioLugon and Mr. Peck, who don't have great connections with the majority of candidates.

Also to explain kind of where the team is at right now:

Besides the 5 currently recruited members, Hirokuni, CaioLugon, and Fuzzy_Snugs are pretty much softlocked in. Kenin and I both agree that these are three really strong players who not only received a lot of votes in the first poll, but have consistently proven their ability to play and think like top level players. It's really the 9th and 10th slots which are really close. From the discussions kenin and I have had, those slots are currently looking to be some mix of Fenster, Myself, Peck, or Yaya (whos attendance is still not 100%). Based on the first voting poll, these last two slots would have gone to Myself and Peck. If that was the final roster, I would have switched out Peck for fenster because he's highly motivated and has tournament wins against McPeanuts + proved he can compete with some of the best players on the East Coast, and because I'm not sure where Peck is at with his stage nerves and new team (again hoping that we can all see more of that at NEC because I hear nothing but good things about Peck as a player). All four of those players received a lot of votes and have imo proven themselves to be able to think like high level players. All four players also put in a lot of work (especially now that Yaya finally got his stick fixed) and can be positive forces in a team setting.

If you think you're better than one of the listed people, then that's great! Please tell me why. But it'll take a lot more than winning a set with them to show that you deserve to be on the team. I've beaten Hirokuni pretty consistently the last few times I've played with him online, but that doesn't mean I necessarily deserve to be on the team more than him when he just showed his ability to compete with High level EC players offline. I also don't have detailed input from the current 5 team members, whose opinions hold the most weight out of everyone right now.

I also want to respect the possibility of someone randomly showing up to NEC and proving that they're a high level player. I've known he's strong for a good while, but to a lot of people Hirokuni showed up out of nowhere and placed 3rd at CEOtaku. That could happen again with someone i've never heard of, and if they're a good fit then I would like to give them a chance to be a part of the team right now. Not to mention NCV was a strong player back in his prime, and he's working hard to shake off the rust and get up to speed with the second encore meta, so I want him to have a chance too.

Long story short, you're all passionate and I love that but it's about more than just being able to beat the candidates in a set. When Team World is a full roster, I want everyone to be working together to help the other team members pick apart their matches and become stronger players. This also means you need to be someone who's motivated to improve and willing to POSITIVELY encourage others to improve their play.

I realize that it sounds like i'm being a bit of a smart-ass with this, but Keninblack and I both want this to be the best possible exhibition. Team east coast is so fucking stacked that it will take nothing short of consistent practice (re: no quitting for a month and then getting back into it), hard work, and the strongest possible team of players for The World to take it. Last thing: If you're curious about where you stand regarding your likelihood of being on The World team right now, you can ask me here or PM me / tweet at me / whatever. Happy to share that information with you. I'm late for work, so I REALLY need to wrap this up.

@Duckator @WingZero @Elda Taluda @Skarmand @Swiftfox-Dash if you have any input regarding the roster and current candidates, please let me know on Twitter / Skype / Skullheart PM.

With love,

Dolfy.

I appreciate your motivation but there are several stronger midwest candidates who have wins against strong East Coast players and have consistently proven how strong of a player they are at majors. You're so on/off with the game that I really can't picture you consistently practicing for CB. Please prove me wrong by winning multiple maxouts with Fuzzy in attendance.

Well, King Fluffybuns, while this is currently true of the stronger midwestern players and I haven't really been practicing as of late and throwing my weight around enough, I'm getting back on the saddle for good. Now, don't know if I can do the thing with Fuzzy cause he hasn't really attended Maxout almost all year, but whether or not he comes, from here on out, I'll be giving it my all. Tonight is the night I really get back off hiatus for good, since I got most my stuff wrapped up, and I don't plan on going on another one for years. Might be able to make it to NEC myself, but I don't know, we'll see what happens there. I've been done with lazing around to rest like garbage when I don't have to do something, for a good couple months now, and my time opened up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh and I fought Mr. Peck at Combo Breaker earlier this year, which was a pleasure and a different Peacock to play against. He's... different, from other US peacocks, though I can't put my memory to words. I can still attest he's one tough customer, he bodied me at a pretty good ratio, I think it was like 1/4 or something a bit worse. So go get 'em Peck!

Last edited:
It's worth noting that cute players like you can get into the team via in-bed favors.

Not in the gay way though

Get the FUCK in line ooooo i'll throw hands

#notintheweirdwaytho

#sexualtensionyousayquestionmark

Reactions: mcpeanuts
It seems Big E might let us use the BYOC room

But only on Sunday soooooooooo.... nevermind
But then again, this is for side tourneys... we can still use the room, right?

Combo Breaker isn't run by Big E though.
Do you mean for people who just want to play at NEC for qualifying?

Where did you get this information? xD

Worst case scenario we'll do it in a room or something, but we got it down for Friday or Sat no worries.

He probably saw the side-tournament thing for Sundays which has a signup on facebook.

O I have no relation with that. We'll do it Friday or Saturday

Just so people know this isn't speculative, I've 100% confirmed this to be an on stage attraction at CB2016 with Ryan & Pat. So put the time in and get your name up, because I expect to push SG harder in 2016 than I did in 2015.

Hope y'all are down to turn some pipe dreams into reality with me.

If you don't think Kenin and I are going to scream our lungs out over this onstage you're dead wrong. More wrong than people who think The Dark Knight Rises had a good plot twist.

there was a plot twist in the dark knight rises? shit i dont even remember mane

So i'll probably wait until after Frosty, not NEC, to lock in the final two slots.

Your welcome @NCV

For anybody currently on the world team:

I'll probably make a discord server / channel / something you guys can keep in touch, strategize, practice, and help each other out. I want this team to be the best it can be.

It's happening at Combo Breaker next year.

EDIT: Wait I assume you mean NEC/FF. Misread.

NEC is Dec 11-13 this year
FF is January 22-24 next year
Dates for CB?

Dates for CB?

not announced yet

interestingly enough this thread is the 4th google hit for "combo breaker 2016" we esports now

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Date is confirmed so please find out if you're going ASAP, especially if you're still up for consideration for the world team.

If you can't make it to NEC please make it to FF, that's the best time for you to show your stuff.

Yeah Frosty Faustings will be the cut off, after that tournament both teams should have complete rosters. So keep that in mind everyone.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Congratulations @fenster for earning a slot as #9 on The World team. He finished 5th at NEC. That's kind of REALLY FUCKING GOOD.

The 10th pick will be decided by discussion of the world team

The rest of you, PM me (or dm me on twitter / discord) with your suggestion for the 10th pick. Do keep in mind that we're not officially locking in the 10th pick until after frosty, so there is still that tournament to consider.

I strongly suggest considering:
@Mr Peck - Solid 17th place finish at NEC and showed how well he could keep up with others at the event imo.
SIG apparently might be attending combo breaker? I wouldn't put him up for consideration until we got confirmation, but he did finish in 4th (or 5th can't remember which) at NEC which is definitely something.
I know Biz Casual had an amazing run at NEC, but he's specifically asked to not be considered for the world team, so he's out.
@Dhoppler did beat me to get top 16, so ring him some consideration also.
I would LIKE to think i'm still up for consideration as I finished 17th and believe i'm still a strong player who can be trusted to put in the work needed to deserve a slot, but I leave my fate on the team up to the rest of you.

Contact me as soon as you have your 10th pick. I'll do another check in for this after Frosty Faustings, where @NCV will be able to show us the work he's been putting in.

Paging: @Duckator @WingZero @Skarmand @Elda Taluda @fenster @CaioLugon @Swiftfox-Dash @Hirokuni @Fuzzy_Snugs

Reactions: Dhoppler
Fuzzy Snugs should be the player that gets in from the Midwest (not Chicago so the KC/MO) region. He has won every Maxout every time he's been able to come out. Results speak for themselves. He's easily the strongest player in this area right now.

edit: nvm I guess he's "softlocked" in and don't know how to read

I'd like to make a few improvements before final consideration. Could you reserve final judgement until Jan 10th, after next maxout?

Of course I'd need @Fuzzy_Snugs to be there.

Yeah if someone could get us confirmation (Maybe @render ) on SIG asap then I think he's proven he's strong enough to compete on the team.

What is it I'm doing? Asking SIG if he wants to be on not-EC team?

What is it I'm doing? Asking SIG if he wants to be on not-EC team?

1. If he is going to CB. Or is at least most likely to.

2. Yeah if he would like to represent "the world" team in this exhibition.

1. If he is going to CB. Or is at least most likely to.

2. Yeah if he would like to represent "the world" team in this exhibition.
Yeah, @render he tweeted something about either going to EVO or CB, maybe you could help convince him to go to CB instead? (as it is the bigger tournament). Or maybe that tweet was about something different and bing translate is actually awful.

Man. If he says yeah is that it for the spot?