• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Beta Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she can't grab and is completely safe from reversals

is fukua armor grab a reversal

is fukua armor grab a reversal
I'm pretty sure anything that you do when you recover is a reversal. The question is whether Sekhmet did ground normals or jumped.

Just sayin' it's also possible to have a throw assist as Sekhmet. Y'know like you can have sliding or stagger assists for characters that don't have those.
And considering she does such high damage, I don't really think she's as useless to reset with as you all are writing her off to be.

Reactions: gllt
And considering she does such high damage, I don't really think she's as useless to reset with as you all are writing her off to be.

I'm not.

#mikezlogic

Just sayin' it's also possible to have a throw assist as Sekhmet.

This. I've been messing around with this idea for a bit cuz I kinda like it. A throw assist seems a lot more useful for Sekhmet than it does for most other characters or situations. Also I don't think she's useless for resets, in fact I expect a lot of people to use her for resets. I'm just pointing out that she has fewer options than most characters, so we really have to be resourceful and thoughtful when attempting resets with her since she costs meter to use.

Just sayin' it's also possible to have a throw assist as Sekhmet. Y'know like you can have sliding or stagger assists for characters that don't have those.
A short haiku...

Meta game is seen
O M F G...j.mp!
Mike Z said so. Duh.

Sliding assists lost what little gimmicks they had when you made them have a green knockdown. Stagger assists are less than ideal more often than not because you can just throw hornet bomber on your team which will hold them down for long enough most of the time + has way more utility as an assist.

Kind if late but on the subject of testing against a team of squigly/val/double, it would be super awesome if training mode had an option to set the damage multiplier to 1.0 regardless of team size.

Last edited:
I am looking for tips with the following questions:

-Besides relying on my J.MP -> J.HP -> Mid-air dash -> J.MP -> J.HP air portion of the combo, what other mid-air options can I do? I am able to do continue with some other attacks, but I end either knocking them away with J.HK or missing them?

-Also, can Sekhmet can be grabbed ?

[the usual snark and]
Kind if late but on the subject of testing against a team of squigly/val/double, it would be super awesome if training mode had an option to set the damage multiplier to 1.0 regardless of team size.
Hey, that ain't a bad idea. Lemme see how hard that is.

-Besides relying on my J.MP -> J.HP -> Mid-air dash -> J.MP -> J.HP air portion of the combo, what other mid-air options can I do? I am able to do continue with some other attacks, but I end either knocking them away with J.HK or missing them?

-Also, can Sekhmet can be grabbed ?

You can do j. hp/j.mk>qcb hp for a wallbounce with Sekhmet. And yeah Sekhmet can be grabbed.

Reactions: SkullMan
You can do j. hp/j.mk>qcb hp for a wallbounce with Sekhmet. And yeah Sekhmet can be grabbed.
Thanks, man for the answers.

/snipped - video below & I didn't wanna see it double posted.

This should give you and hopefully others some inspiration

Last edited:
Reactions: Balder and SkullMan

This should give you and hopefully others some inspiration
I sincerely thank you for showing the video. I will practice tomorrow if I have the time.

New midscreen!

7765 damage (7830)

2LK 2MP 5HP HP xx 623MP HP
j.HP xx 214HP
KK
2HK xx 623(LP) MP HP
j.MP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK 5HP HP xx 214LK
2LP 2MK 5HP HP HP xx 214LP LP LP MP HP

NOTE: You can fit in the (623LP) on most characters for the 7830 damage, just difficult on some characters and PERHAPS impossible on some, so you can skip it for consistency if you like.

New throw combo

5914 damage
throw xx 623HP
j.7214HP
KK
2HK xx 623(LP) MP HP
j.MP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK 5HP HP xx 214LK

Last edited:
i can't get this part to work

"2HK xx 623(LP) MP HP
j.MP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK
5HP HP xx 214LK"

the 2MK is always late and it always looks WAY too late. any idea what i've timed wrong? it's probably way earlier

Was poking around with that combo trying out some character-specific improvements, it's a bit tricker than it may first seem. A basic guideline for the timing on that part...
  • If starting with the LP UpperKhat, do NOT delay inbetween each hit or you'll have too much distance between you and them for the first j.MP, though this makes the followup timing tighter. Starting with MP can let them fall further, and it helps if you delay starting your UpperKhats so that the opponent falls closer to the ground.
  • Hit with your j.MP as early as possible, then airdash and j.LK immediately to minimize upwards momentum for both characters
  • Finally, delay the second j.MP as much as possible so that you both fall as close to the ground as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cool Gary
@Tomo009 what's the net meter gain? And I see you stole fedoras combo loll

Also can we please get a video of this...from opposite corner so we can see that air dash cancel true midscreen.

Also do it on squigly please. Whoever does the vid

Last edited:

"2HK xx 623(LP) MP HP
j.MP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK
5HP HP xx 214LK"

the 2MK is always late and it always looks WAY too late. any idea what i've timed wrong? it's probably way earlier

I've got the same problem. I've just kinda given up and end the combo a chain early by cutting out the c.mk bit.

"2HK xx 623(LP) MP HP
j.MP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK
5HP HP xx 214LK"

Don't bother about restanding your opponent, you just want to get YOURSELF to the ground as fast as possible.

So, instant j.MP instant dash j.LK very slight delay j.MP > instant 2MK.

If you REALLY struggle you can use 2MP instead to make it slightly slightly easier. The link isn't actually very tight, you are probably just jumping too high or trying to restand your opponent or something. The hardest parts for me are the 2HK OTG on superheavies and the 2LP after 214LK.

EDIT: Oh Gamaniac posted some tips too. Yeah if you do 623LP MP HP, make sure they are all instant. You can always remove the LP one if you are struggling.
@Tomo009 what's the net meter gain? And I see you stole fedoras combo loll

Also can we please get a video of this...from opposite corner so we can see that air dash cancel true midscreen.

Also do it on squigly please. Whoever does the vid
The net meter gain is very slightly more than my last combo. And nope, I stole YOUR combo and then kept optimising it one step at a time.

So! Thanks to @Tomo009, I found a way to combo off air throw in the corner. (Tested on Squigly)

Air throw
623MP HP
j.MP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP j.HP
2MK 5HP HP xx 214LK

About 4.6-4.7k

Don't bother about restanding your opponent, you just want to get YOURSELF to the ground as fast as possible.

So, instant j.MP instant dash j.LK very slight delay j.MP > instant 2MK.

If you REALLY struggle you can use 2MP instead to make it slightly slightly easier. The link isn't actually very tight, you are probably just jumping too high or trying to restand your opponent or something. The hardest parts for me are the 2HK OTG on superheavies and the 2LP after 214LK.

EDIT: Oh Gamaniac posted some tips too. Yeah if you do 623LP MP HP, make sure they are all instant. You can always remove the LP one if you are struggling.

The net meter gain is very slightly more than my last combo. And nope, I stole YOUR combo and then kept optimising it one step at a time.
I'm teasing lol. And I don't know the gain for your last combo!! Just tell me how much we gain or lose loll, like is it .3 about? And oh nice :) I'm flattered man.

But from what I saw it's a great idea...just having a hard time pulling off the jump canceling. But I guess I just gotta practice. I might just have to go for s.lp(x3) on restand. Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out :)

P.S. I still want a video

Okay, so the 623 (LP) MP HP combo is hella versatile in the corner. Can be done from both throws and c.LK. If done from c.LK, you can OTG LV3 if timed properly.

Okay, so the 623 (LP) MP HP combo is hella versatile in the corner. Can be done from both throws and c.LK. If done from c.LK, you can OTG LV3 if timed properly.
I just do the combo above from a throw, no changes needed at all from the normal throw combo.

From 2LK, well you can just do the combo above because it starts from that haha.

By above, I think it might actually be on the previous page now.

Reactions: RetroStation
Tomo009's new & improved Meter Neutral 7.7k midscreen bnb (& I do mean midscreen). It's quite challenging in some areas

2MP is only 1 frame faster than 2MK right?

I just do the combo above from a throw, no changes needed at all from the normal throw combo.

From 2LK, well you can just do the combo above because it starts from that haha.

By above, I think it might actually be on the previous page now.
I just used the DP combo in all those scenarios so I could burn it to memory. I'm still not as consistent with the 2LP link from L Twirl as I should be, but I can get everything else just fine.

Noticed that, due to hyper armor, she can almost ignore IPS since it doesn't toss her back. So basically, something like j.MP, st.HP, j.MP, st.HP and so on simply leads to a reset situation once IPS is triggered where she can either go high (j.MP) or low (cr.LP) back into the loop.

Noticed that, due to hyper armor, she can almost ignore IPS since it doesn't toss her back. So basically, something like j.MP, st.HP, j.MP, st.HP and so on simply leads to a reset situation once IPS is triggered where she can either go high (j.MP) or low (cr.LP) back into the loop.
I have a big feeling mikes gonna fix this so I'm not really even considering this.
I just used the DP combo in all those scenarios so I could burn it to memory. I'm still not as consistent with the 2LP link from L Twirl as I should be, but I can get everything else just fine.
Yeah it is a little bit challenging to get but it'll feel epic when you do & understanding how much to hold that c.hp or how slow to do s.hp is important

Well yeah, but if you don't get the hit on the mixup, you are going to be thrown no questions asked, unless you space pretty fantastically.

EDIT2: Wait nope

Last edited:
Any other form of double snap combo is wronggggg.

God damn this girl builds up undizzy. I'm pretty bad at combos in general, so I rarely ever run into green bursts when I'm messing around in training, but every second route I take with Eliza is a green burst.

I have a big feeling mikes gonna fix this so I'm not really even considering this.
Still, there's the fact that Sekhmet eats meter to consider.
Well yeah, but if you don't get the hit on the mixup, you are going to be thrown no questions asked, unless you space pretty fantastically.

EDIT2: Wait nope
But if you throw in an assist though...

Still, there's the fact that Sekhmet eats meter to consider.

But if you throw in an assist though...
That's what I tested, but it seems you actually can't use an assist unless you call it before the string. ie. You can't do it when coming out of Eliza?

@d3v were you paying attention to what I said....

I was talking about whether bursting will knockback sekhmet

Sorry for the double post but since it's been a day or two I wanted to see if anyone came up with a new meterless/j.H sekhmet summon only bnb using the new divekick. I'm guessing chain > divekick > s.hp > etc

Sorry for the double post but since it's been a day or two I wanted to see if anyone came up with a new meterless/j.H sekhmet summon only bnb using the new divekick. I'm guessing chain > divekick > s.hp > etc
.........the update is out? Must need to restart my Steam then?

Status
Not open for further replies.