• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Beta Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nuuance the footage is probably from this night's salty stream, which means we missed out on the announcements. Shit. Stream is still going on right now though.

Well, Sekhmet is looking like Yun's super. Create a looping combo while meter drains and wall bounce/ground bounce the hell out of em.

Salty is happening right now. Sekhmet is a special transformation and not a super. @Nuuance

Oh good lord eliza is going to be a meter whore, thank god parasoul is a battery tho

@Rakurin wait where was this from???? And also is there more? Wait has salty happened already?

Yeah, this was on Salty last night when Mike showed the changes, should be on the beta today or tomorrow I believe. If you go to their twitch account I think the stream will be archived with matches that have more gameplay, but pretty much everyone's first hands-on with this build so I'd imagine combos aren't the strongest.

:/ I just hope the transformation will be more like 7 seconds a meter instead of just like 5ish. I'm kinda hoping her meter gain is a bit higher too since she's gonna drink meter like blood :/

I guess the thing I'm kinda concerned about is the mid-combo transformation stuff. Like going back to Eliza from sekhmet for example. I just hope going back to the anchor won't be too long of an affair so we can keep our combo going. I saw the anchor getting dragged with the screen but you think it'll have the squigly tomb drag effect? Or maybe slide on a trail of animated blood...or perhaps float magically? Idk.

Also would be cool to throw those canonical jars as projectiles...like you get for barely-better-than-regular-projectile-damage thingies and when you go back to Eliza, she gets half of that projectile damage

Idk just think it'd be cool...I'm not a mike Z

I guess the wall bounces attacks from sekhmet can do will mean we can get back to anchor to keep comboing indeed.
If not, because of a long recovery, it means Eliza would sacrifice a lot of time advantage/positioning by using sekhmet mode...so additional damage would probably not be worth the meter burn.
The thing I'd like to know is : will you be able to do the wall bounce attack, get back to eliza mode, and keep the combo going WITHOUT using OTG? That seems pretty important considering she has sliding knockdowns.

@dragonos451 something like this might work if you want to save the otg: sek wallbounce, return to eliza, immediate cHK --> dp, jump cancel and continue combo
that depends on whether cHK actually hits before losing otg, alternatively, cMK also moves forward and might be faster

Ah @Nuuance I forgot to link you. :/ I'm sorry. I guess you saw the vid already then? But anyway. I think the anchor will be like Fortune's head in that if it is off screen it will still be at the edge. I don't think it will move though. Sekhmet just moves back to it herself.

Reactions: dragonos451
@dragonos451 something like this might work if you want to save the otg: sek wallbounce, return to eliza, immediate cHK --> dp, jump cancel and continue combo
that depends on whether cHK actually hits before losing otg, alternatively, cMK also moves forward and might be faster
Uh, c.hk hitting before otg automatically means invincible opponent being able to tech immediately, the fact it hits an airborne opponent instead of grounded as usual makes no difference in that regard.
But c.mk, yeah, maybe. We'll need to check how brutal the wall bounce is.

:/
Negative crap before she's even in the beta? Get out.
those canonical jars
Canopic.
Idk just think it'd be cool...I'm not a mike Z
Not by a long shot.

Oh, just checked - launch, j.MK -> L Sekhmet->H, land, return to Eliza, dash s.LP works on Painwheel at least.

@Mike_Z lol I knew I was spelling it wrong. But yeah just random concerns really & yeah it always makes sense to play first. My knowledge of balancing is incredibly small so trust me...take whatever I say about balance suggestions with a gigantic grain of salt (I mean everyone) unless I say I'm cereal.

P.S. I'm still not a Mike Z

That's a stretch. :^) It's like saying "I love pooping." "Oops I meant ice cream, I knew I was spelling it wrong."
<3
</offtopic>

Speaking of pooping, Kojima's game will have pooping so why can't this game have pooping

Speaking of pooping, Kojima's game will have pooping so why can't this game have pooping

Cause "Poop Gurls" doesn't sound like a game most people would want to play.

I don't think you can combo Sekhmet > Eliza on heavies without using OTG... I'm playing around with this. It is really easy on lights though, can even link mediums after wall bounce.

2HP
j.HP xx ADF
j.HP xx 214HP
KK
2LK

Is really close on Big Band though

I don't think you can combo Sekhmet > Eliza on heavies without using OTG... I'm playing around with this. It is really easy on lights though, can even link mediums after wall bounce.

2HP
j.HP xx ADF
j.HP xx 214HP
KK
2LK

Is it just me or is the timing really weird for the change back to Eliza from Sekhmet?

Also, This is the most damage I've figured out how to do with Sekhmet alone. 50% for 1 and 1/2 meters isn't bad. But it gets messed up dependent on how close to the corner you are. Removing the solo a.HP can make this work almost anywhere but the corner.

I don't think full Sekhmet combos are meter efficient at all. I think transforming back into Eliza is what would make Sekhmet truly useful as a combo tool. Losing the sliding knockdown on heavies is a pretty big deal if you wont corner carry. If you will corner carry, well you get oki easily without sliding knockdown so go for the damage!

EDIT:

Short Sekhmet combos into wall bounce then recall seem worth it damage for meter wise. The problem is, you usually lose ground bounce for this, so it is a trade off, you need to decide if it is worth it in any particular situation. I think Eliza will be a little freeform until we figure this stuff out.

EDIT 2:

Proof of concept combo

6439 damage

net meter
~ 0.1 loss if you start with more than 1 meter
~ 0.1 gain if you start with 1 meter or possibly less if you can finish the Sekhmet section with less meter

2LK 2MK 5HP HP HP xx 214LP LP LP HP
j.HP
KK
2MP MP 2HP
j.MP j.HP xx ADF
j.LK j.MP
2MK 5HP HP xx 214LK
5LP 2MK 5HP HP HP xx 623HP

I think there is some potential in these low Sekhmet use combos for real BnB combos that do slightly more damage than Eliza only combos.

Sekhmet combos are SUPER weight dependent

Last edited:
One thing you could do is just add a full chain with sekhmet at the end of your regular combos, it adds likr 500 damage for half a bar.

midscreen 7.2k

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.hk, qcb hp, kk,
c.hk, H dp, j.mp, j.hp, adc,
j.lk, j.mp, j.hp,
s.lpx3, s.mkx2, s.hpx2, qcb lpx3, mp, hp, kk

probably lights only

you end with like 1/4 of a meter less than you started

i made something small, I like how j.mp and s.hp act like launchers

i made something small, I like how j.mp and s.hp act like launchers
/snip
why does everyone insist on making combo vids with jumpins. its not standard damage at all....honestly...can we just get some c.lk starters in please....honestly I'm starting to get really pissed off. You know damn well 90% of the time these starters would be a no go. Why even bother making a vid with them. Honestly.

It's called practicality. Let's get on that shall we.

midscreen 7.2k

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.hk, qcb hp, kk,
j.lk, j.mp, j.hp,

probably lights only

you end with like 1/4 of a meter less than you started
also im still confused on the sweep thing...we can combo off it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dime
why does everyone insist on making combo vids with jumpins. its not standard damage at all....honestly...can we just get some c.lk starters in please....

The sweep launch is extremely tricky and sensitive on timing depending on the weight of the character, mainly because you have to hit them after their first bounce when they land and then time the DP appropriately, based on the characters weight. It feels like such a tricky and difficult thing to do on command though I'm not sure how worth it, it is to learn that combo for normal matches, guess it's good to keep it in mind but even after an hour of practice I still can't get the follow up after the DP launch to restand on the last hit properly.

A video might help a little bit with that as it could just be a timing thing that I'm not getting for some reason but I am getting everything else right with it.

why does everyone insist on making combo vids with jumpins. its not standard damage at all....honestly...can we just get some c.lk starters in please....

ALL otgs, regardless of what move was used, will ALWAYS have the same properties, they always have a fixed amount of hitstun and can always be followed up.

The only way to combo off sweeps is to have them otg the opponent, BigBand does that with c.hk, H beat extend in his midscreen combo, and Eliza can also make good use of this because her c.hk does CRAZY damage (most do, but hers does the most).

Got my usual preliminary ideas and combos now, as usual only tried against Filia. The new jump-cancelable DP is indeed a good replacement, and i'd call it a buff overall... except i still need to see how all this works on not-Filia.

I just thought sweeps made the opponent invulnerable...I remember hearing and reading it. I just don't get what's so special about this. Did mike go over this already? I feel like he did in the gameplay thread maybe but I still think I got confused. It's ok..:I'll just go with it I guess

P.S. Combos without jumpins or sekhmet H transform..or any really...FFS...can we get on that. And no, I'm not sorry

jumpins or not, you can adjust the combo without the jumpin, so I think its still quite useful

also, elizas sMP into LP sekhmet crosses under, so does sekhmets sHP into cLP --> sLP

Are there much better conversions off the new raw H DP than J.HP xx HP Sekhmet, recall Sekhmet -> combo?

An easy 7.3k corner combo with sekhmet. I'm pretty sure you could get more damage but I couldn't think of anything

I just thought sweeps made the opponent invulnerable...I remember hearing and reading it. I just don't get what's so special about this. Did mike go over this already? I feel like he did in the gameplay thread maybe but I still think I got confused. It's ok..:I'll just go with it I guess

P.S. Combos without jumpins or sekhmet H transform..or any really...FFS...can we get on that. And no, I'm not sorry
We have been able to combo off a sweep AS LONG AS ITS USED AS AN OTG since the very first release of the game. The opponent is completely invulnerable otherwise.

Just also a note guys..please put your meter on 3. So we all can see how much meter is lost or gained

@mpgame99 >_> lolll jk

I made a 6.9ker starting with c.lk that let's you end up with almost 1 meter starting from 1 meter....BUT I FORGOT WHAT I DID :((((((((( and I wasn't recording :( anyways it's possible but I need to go back through my chains now :(

I do however have a 6.5k & 6.7k bnb I have recorded. I just need to upload them

Are there much better conversions off the new raw H DP than J.HP xx HP Sekhmet, recall Sekhmet -> combo?
You can really do j.hp off the dp for everyone :/

A video might help a little bit with that as it could just be a timing thing that I'm not getting for some reason but I am getting everything else right with it.
this?

midscreen 7.2k

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.hk, qcb hp, kk,
j.lk, j.mp, j.hp,
I know, its garbage

Reactions: Fedora_Ninja
@CaioLugon niceeely done :) that looks like a self-perpetuating combo just barely!:) also you can use the last hit of s.hp. It won't pop IPS and it can catch them before they hit the ground

The only problem is this doesn't work on squigs and most likely I'm betting not fortune either :/ so the j.hk > H Sekhmet isn't gonna work too well there (maybe corner?).

Last edited:
this?

I know, its garbage
It works if you replace j.HK with HP, with j.HK it seems to work on almost noone, maybe even only FIllia and Fukua

EDIT: Why aren't you doing the 3rd hit of 5HP?

If you replace j.HK with j.HP and do the last hit of 5HP, it still does 7.3k damage. Also you can get the medium egyptian in before the heavy one but it requires some delays and I haven't got the timing quite right yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuuance
I do however have a 6.5k & 6.7k bnb I have recorded. I just need to upload them
:/

Are these universal location and character wise? I've been trying to get a universal like that. But I can't get to 6k without jump in.

Are these universal location and character wise? I've been trying to get a universal like that. But I can't get to 6k without jump in.

TL;DR: 6k is really easy to get with sekhmet combos meterless* actually. The challenge is getting 7k+ & not using a lot of meter. Universalness with Eliza I don't think is gonna go like you want. Most likely heavies are gonna get high damage bnbs while lights a little harder & each getting their own bnbs. I sincerely doubt there will be any universal combos found just yet. I think they probably exist. But not in the traditional sense.

Oh no getting to 6k is pretty easy with the meterless* sekhmet combos. My thing is trying to get to around 7k meterless* while using only maybe .1-.15 of 1 meter.

At the very most I don't don't want to use more than half a meter for a typical bnb that gets around 7k. But @CaioLugon actually gave me a couple really nice ideas I'd like to make use of. Again nice job.

In regards to universalness (is that a word...), it's really hard to answer that right now. I haven't tested it universally, but it probably isn't for heavies. For now, From the little combo experience I have, going universal with Eliza seems to be more effort than just making 2-3 bnbs for non-corner. Not even talking about if we're using that sekhmet wall bounce; that move changes everything & only works near midscreen. Trust me...I'm a universal combo fiend...I took a week just to make those 2 vial/non-vial bnbs for val, but even she had to have separate ones for heavy/lights. Liz's air chains are quite different for Bella & double so things change.

If we could transform BACK to sekhmet & keep the combo WITHOUT using that wallbounce or a corner....it'd make things SO much easier...but idk if that'll happen :p

....wait actually....I just got an idea O_O

Last edited:
@Nuuance I've only been able to get to 5.8k. But the combo works on everyone. The only thing that changes is how you time the first air chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.