• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

The 3/4 on the Nohr version is my favorite thing about it.

I do really hate when localizing team vocalists try fitting in words that clearly don't match the rhythm.

This probably means the third path has it's own song.

Please let it be Jungle.

Oh yeah

I gave up on the special edition

So I just preordered both games at Gamestop for keychains.

I do really hate when localizing team vocalists try fitting in words that clearly don't match the rhythm.
at least it's not as bad as some of the "modern" dialect in the main script.

like super doublty duper or whatever the fuck that shit was.

Oh yeah

I gave up on the special edition

So I just preordered both games at Gamestop for keychains.

Did you buy both for full price, or did they give you the discount for the second version?

at least it's not as bad as some of the "modern" dialect in the main script.

like super doublty duper or whatever the fuck that shit was.

From my understanding, that's basically just how she talked in the Japanese version, too.

It was full price, but honestly my 3DS just doesn't have the room for the download.

Also keychains.

I've heard other people having that issue. Just keep in mind that DLC is locked to the cart, so if you buy Revalaiton or any of the Maps which version you get them on.

I
know
This is what I get for just skimming posts
Sorry, I thought you meant having an English voice in a recent game overall
Azura's song, in english, both routes!
(The cutscene was in the first trailer, but just in case, I'm tagging it)
I really dislike both English songs. The lyrics don't work at all.
...What is happening to Garon, by the way?

Where are the 1st-Gen males? Do they not have death quotes?

They're obviously unkillable.

CbP6NEoW8AAywbc.jpg

CbIpq3xWcAARAuL.jpg

please someone tell me these aren't real because otherwise

It's actually just characters who are linked to child characters who don't 'die'. They're still unusable, but even on classic they're dialogue references retreating instead of death (This was also how it was in Awakening, just with 1st Gen female units instead, because they were the ones linked to kids). As for why those quotes weren't included, no clue.

Stuff

For A, Izana's whole deal is being laid back and casual.
For B, that's completely in character.
No clue why you're getting so worked up over it.

Reactions: Lexeous
losing it to "love, peace and chicken grease"

I also think changing a Charles Dickens quote in translation to

'"RAWR RAWR RAWR!" that means "I love you" in dragon'
is fucking dumb

and I also heard there's a GTA SA reference in there too.

I also think changing a Charles Dickens quote in translation to

'"RAWR RAWR RAWR!" that means "I love you" in dragon'
is fucking dumb

The original was so amazingly generic that I'm not even sure if it was intended as a Dickens quote.

The original was so amazingly generic that I'm not even sure if it was intended as a Dickens quote.
I didn't realize that a quote from a story where at one point a man realizes how blessed he is to have a loving family isn't applicable a child proclaiming how blessed they are at how they have a family.

make rawrgghh not war I guess.

I didn't realize that a quote from a story where at one point a man realizes how blessed he is to have a loving family isn't applicable a child proclaiming how blessed they are at how they have a family.

The line is "I'm happy that we'll be together forever," trying to directly link it to one author is like trying to collect royalties on the phrase "Hello".

losing it to "love, peace and chicken grease"

If you want to see the rest of the dialogue, Polygon put up a video of just that chapters cutscenes

Birthright Chapter 9 spoilers, obvs.

the child is both stupid and a dragon so i find that the child saying something that is both stupid and dragon to be fairly applicable

also Dickens is overrated so fuckem

The line is "I'm happy that we'll be together forever," trying to directly link it to one author is like trying to collect royalties on the phrase "Hello".
I actually realized I made a mistake once I posted that.
that said, I don't get why the line "I am really happy" is generic and boring.

like, yeah, they are making a statement that they are happy.
what's the problem?
is saying "my name is..." gonna be considered generic and boring. should everything everyone says try to be a catchphrase?

well, playing Blazing Sword and then seeing the english dialogue in this is kind of jarring.

I feel like italicizing chicken grease is the antithesis of the phrase.

well, playing Blazing Sword and then seeing the english dialogue in this is kind of jarring.

I can kinda get why you'd be upset with the Kana change, because it's a full line swap, but Izana is just localization. His whole thing in the Japanese script is not using honorifics and polite phrasing, which doesn't translate well literally. Treehouse changed the dialogue in order to put forth the same feeling as the original script (i.e. Izana is way more casual than you would expect from royalty), while still making it understandable for English-speakers.

bruh i am just coming off Blazing Sword and i can still see that you are reaching as fuck

also Dickens is overrated so fuckem

Naw he's great.

clearly
clearly
you are reachin' for something to be mad about here at this point
so how about you get down with some love
some peace
and some chicken grease

This I can agree on.

not using honorifics and polite phrasing
way more casual than you would expect

Turn him into a hippie

IIRC a few of you are looking for the SE and didn't preorder it, so I wanted to mention; apparently, Best Buy is going to have a few copies of the SE on the shelves on release day, so they're probably your best bet. The chance of getting one is still very small, though.

Reactions: Lexeous
I guess I know what I'll be doing Friday.

I'll head to Best Buy early and then if I fail to get it there, pick up my preorders at Gamestop 2 hours later.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
If any of you were wondering what Soliel's Male Corrin C-S supports were changed to, they're not very different. They removed the magic potion used to make Corrin female, replacing it with her being blindfolded and visualizing him as a woman to the same effect. I actually really like the localization for her character overall.

Also, the review embargo for Fates ended this morning. The reviews are all very positive, with Conquest surprisingly being rated higher by most sources.

Cba4AymUEAQJ3Vg.png:large

we've got trouble would make plenty of sense if this was true.

I think NoA has done this before with like Xenoblade Chronicles too. I dunno why but they need to cut that shit out.