• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

Eh, they can't pull that Uncanny Valley trick for every game, might a well go full-on nightmare fuel/Creepypasta

Eh, they can't pull that Uncanny Valley trick for every game, might a well go full-on nightmare fuel/Creepypasta

And I honestly don't think they should have tried to keep the uncanny valley, actually meant for children appearances for risk of becoming formulaic.
I'm just saying that the original and toy casts are more effectively creepy than Springtrap and the Multi-Fred/Was It That Thing.

Exactly
It was creepy before when they actually were "those animatronics from a Chuck-E-Cheese parody"
And it's fine that they changed from those designs
But now, they just look like generic "boo-i'm-a-spooky-robot" designs

I hope the next game theory is on how MatPat is extremely attractive and how he can be so beautiful

After hearing Game Theory's 3rd (part 2) video, it makes sense why SpringTrap was designed as it was. Still doesn't make any sense why SpringTrap would be going after the player though.

on topic: I think that spring trap is a vengeful ghost, or maybe he just wants to kill, i mean Purple guy is a serial killer after all maybe he just wants to do that

I hope the next game theory is on how MatPat is extremely attractive and how he can be so beautiful

Arcana you're alright sometimes.

Reactions: Arcana
on topic: I think that spring trap is a vengeful ghost, or maybe he just wants to kill, i mean Purple guy is a serial killer after all maybe he just wants to do that
DL2MXRX.jpg

Hmmm, interesting thought.

Unless it's something along the lines of: The animatronics look normal by day and become distorted and evil by night (or as the night progresses) ala Silent Hill style then I may not be too interested this time around.

Arcana you're alright sometimes.
I need to know his secrets

I came for the lore and stayed for his beauty, like this man could rule the world if he could

Reactions: Ktulu
Sorry my coms acting funky and I cant post a screencap..but yeah 03o

these new designs be like
"I wasn't scary before, but I am now
boo"

these new designs be like
"I wasn't scary before, but I am now
boo"

Except they were scary before so now they're trying too hard and you're like 'stop it Daniel, just stop it.'

Except they were scary before so now they're trying too hard and you're like 'stop it Daniel, just stop it.'

I wouldn't say that, FNAF 1-3 animatronics where scary in the sense of the uncanny valley (really hope I'm typing that right.) where something off but, once you get use too it it's not that scary after all. I'd say this one while trying hard enough to the point where people can notice has more of the shock value before and after the jump scare then the other by how dangerous the new ones look.

I mean would you rather have this or this out for your blood n_n

3NewAnimatronicsOnStage.png

4.jpg

The new designs are really....eh. I mean, I get Scott's going for a Nightmare feel, but...honestly the whole decrepit look makes them not even look like animatronics anymore. They look like death machines now more than anything.

Actually, I've several people calling these variants the nightmare variants. Don't know if its an applicable name or not, though.

The new designs are really....eh. I mean, I get Scott's going for a Nightmare feel, but...honestly the whole decrepit look makes them not even look like animatronics anymore. They look like death machines now more than anything.

Actually, I've several people calling these variants the nightmare variants. Don't know if its an applicable name or not, though.

You got a point there,
now that I think about it they where made to entertain kids and with these new animatronics
I'm not sure how you can entertain kids with something more sharp and dangerous then then the Shredder caught in a twister but still, so far the animatronics changed with there environment so maybe in the new game there going to be apart of a place or in a setting that calls for them too look like walking death trap.

Maybe it's take place in someones mind or dream idk, for all we know it could take place it jam for all the clues we have at the moment :P

The nickname comes from the fact that the word nightmare is hidden in both images, in the background.

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE. NIGHTMARE-SETTING? FREDDY KRUEGER? Sccccooooooottttttt.

Like if the animatronics start out normal at the beginning of the shift, then progressively get more demonic and nightmarish as time goes on, then that'd be pretty cool. That'd mean that the very worst jumpscares would occur just at the end of the shift. Otherwise eh... You need some normal ones to outweigh the extreme evils.

Well....Actualy we've only seen Freddy and Bonnie right? And Bonnie here has seriously sharp teeth, yeah? What if these are what the Shadow animatronics REALLY look like?

My sister would love that. I should buy it for her.

Fuck... not only someone beat me to making it in SFM (though I admit have been stupid lazy), it also looks 20x better then what I woulda pooped out..

Reactions: BeatNinja
3c3NylC.png

Apparently, the whole "Chica having muiltple sets of teeth" was popular enough.

Last edited:
.... there's som'in odd about the Chika... No, not the teeth... the head's model. It's hinged differently. What the hell is this one going to be about? It has to be some kind of dream or som'in cause this is getting out of hand with the redesign.

So, like, what. Is this game gonna focus around the one person who suffered through the bite of '87 and their night terrors or something? Cause that is a staggeringly large amount of teeth.