• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

Real talk, Scott HAS to be Phone Guy. No two ways about it.

Steve Blum for phone guy
Could we pay Steve Blum to do some Phone Guy lines, just to see how it would sound?
*looks at wallet*
Or ya know, we could just imagine it.

Really? I thought I got my point across rather clearly. Binding of Isaac is easily one of the worst games I've ever played. Clunky controls, hard for the sake of being hard, disgusting image and theme, the art is atrocious, the story is superficial and throughout the game I kept asking myself "Am I supposed to be feeling sorry for this guy? They're trying to tell me that he had a shit life, but I just can't seem to care."

Hell, the FNAF animatronics were more sympathetic.

I know this is old, but I just wanted to address this a bit/give my own take on it.

Binding of Isaac isn't a fantastic game imo, but it's far from bad or even worst. You probably haven't played that many games if you think it was so bad.

The controls are okay, not the kind of perfect precision I'd like from a twin stick style shooter game, but the slight bit of inertia is generally tolerable.

Hard for the sake of hard is one place where I've fervently disagree. Say what you want about the rest of the game, but Isaac's arcade based structure (play straight through, die and its back to the beginning) is infinitely more tense and exciting than anything like Super Meat Boy. But then again, I have a great library of classic shmups, run and gun shooters, etc. that follow the same format, so Isaac isn't anything special to me even if it has the right idea.

Art, story, and theme: Yes I agree, pretentious garbage ("the game is a conversation with myself about religion" -lol), and Team Meats typically unfunny shock value garbage. That being said, I'm one of the many who feels that aesthetic can be ignored if some part of the gameplay is decent.

5/10 it's okay

hat.jpg

the hat's gone missing

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Surely he can't be making a fourth game with the movie in the works too?
Unless of course they thought he was a weirdo and banned him from the production team.

Considering how fast he can make those... I don't think he'll be too busy to make another one in the meantime. If he even does anything for the movie besides holding the rights, that is.

Last edited:
There's definitely no shame in going the Alan Moore route. Take the money and stay focused on your own work, while Hollywood digs itself into another hole.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Five Nights at Freddy's: The Movie: The Game. Stranger things have happened.

Four Nights at Freddy's: The Ye Old Prequel.

Otherwise known as A Fortnight at Frederick's.

And I figured I'd share this since Johnny is one of my favorite Youtubers. (Also Skullgirls is on the Strawpoll for the next game he's gonna look at so vote for that shit yeah?)

Reactions: Kongk4 and North888
I always love Hot Diggity Demon's stuff

I always love Hot Diggity Demon's stuff
I say "fuck that guy straight to the deepest circle of Hell." Still can't forgive him for PONY.MOV.

I always love the legendary tgweaver's stuff
This guy, however, is the fucking bomb.

wow, this one looks actually creepy

let's see what new ways we can sit on our ass and look at cameras this time

I'm surprised he didn't put quotes on that "final"

Judging from the text at the bottom of the screen, this new version of Freddy/Springtrap/Who-Gives-A-Fuck is named Nightmare

Considering this bot is actually Freddy and not Springtrap, it's either all in protag's head or it's one of the souls come back from the afterlife <hell, from the looks of it>, pissed off at something <probably at the fact that there's a fourth fucking game after everyone's been put to rest>

Broken images are fun, yeah? :3

But just to make sure i'm seeing hte picture right...Is that a monstrous Freddy with a bunch of other mini Freddy head anamtronics stitched on. AND he's making a gentleman suave little bow with the hat tipping? and he has eyebrows? I don't even know what i'm looking at....

Next game, the animatronic will literally just be Scott himself

the ghost of a man whose game series just won't die, ooooOOOooooh

Well, it was hinted that the Purple Guy's soul got loose at the end of FNAF3. So that might be a part of it.

Who knows, maybe Kojima got pissed he couldn't work on Silent Hills and this'll totally be the scariest one evar

Hideo Kojima presents: Five Nights at Freddy's
now with 100% more metaphors for how Konami sucks

Reactions: KaboomKid
*HEAD SLAMMING* *B-BALL JAMMING* *I FIND THIS TO BE SO DAMNING* *YOU KNOW IT'S NEVER ENDING* *5 THOUSAND PEOPLE'S THOUGHTS NOW BE PENDING* *THERE WILL BE STREAMED ALL NIGHT MARATHONS* *IN THE CASH FLOW THAT IS SCOTT CAWTHON* *I HOPE YOU HAVE WORKING LIGHTS* *CAUSE THIS BE 5 MORE NIGHTS*

I WANT OFF MR. BONES'S WILD RIDE!!

wow, this one looks actually creepy

let's see what new ways we can sit on our ass and look at cameras this time

As opposed to?
Getting a gun? Shooting Freddy in the face?
Game over. You win.

A Five Nights at Konami's sounds like it'd be fun. The player would struggle to keep the lights on with the company's remaining funds, while the phone constantly rang with messages from disgruntled fans. Slowly people would catch on to the company's bullshit, angry employees would start knocking on the office door, and then the ghost of an abandoned IP would jump out for the kill. Yay!

Okay, Scott. I respect you. I like most of the games that you've made. You've done good things, and are making a billion dollars per release. But this is seriously fucking nuts.

How is it nuts? The dude is making money, so why stop?

Reactions: Dunk and Denizen