• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

i don't know what the heck you're talking about.

I mean the only spooky one was like Foxy... from the eyes up. Everyone one else is like meh...

Now if in the game the Freddy Crew hides from your flashlight just like in the trailer then it would have a huge build up of atmosphere. And that's good to have cause with out an atmosphere Freddy wouldn't be able to hear you scream. HEYO SCIENCE JOKE~

Also there seems to be a red light green light mini game with Chibi Spring Trap, which looks silly and completely out of place. And we can say that now you as the character have to move room to room and isn't confined to one spot on the map. Which make you running around and trying to avoid nightmares fun kinda? Have to see how that one plays out.

over all spooky factor: 7.8/ 10

i don't know what the heck you're talking about.

I mean the only spooky one was like Foxy... from the eyes up. Everyone one else is like meh...

Now if in the game the Freddy Crew hides from your flashlight just like in the trailer then it would have a huge build up of atmosphere. And that's good to have cause with out an atmosphere Freddy wouldn't be able to hear you scream. HEYO SCIENCE JOKE~

Also there seems to be a red light green light mini game with Chibi Spring Trap, which looks silly and completely out of place. And we can say that now you as the character have to move room to room and isn't confined to one spot on the map. Which make you running around and trying to avoid nightmares fun kinda? Have to see how that one plays out.

over all spooky factor: 7.8/ 10

I'm going to have to agree with you.
I've never been a fan of the previous games, but I understood what made them creepy.
Not much of a fan of the whole "house" thing, I think a lot of the atmosphere in the first games was from the setting. This house looks very silly, and less interesting then the run-down pizzerias of the previous games.
I don't like the animatronic designs, I think they look a bit silly, although Foxy looks, admittedly, pretty good.
That mini Springtrap is unfitting to begin with, but he does not look intimidating in the slightest. He only comes up your knee.
I'm interested to see if this game is going to have any story relevancy, though, considering it just seems to be some guy's house.

Personally, I dislike the setting because I feel Scott is trying to make us stay up at night.
But, if we truly get to move around the rooms, then I'll be genuinely interested in the game.
Also...
So7AZYI.jpg

Just because it's FNaF's 1st birthday? Utter bullshit.
I'd rather he spend more time on the core game instead of churning something out now and making some DLC to come out on Halloween to make it 'significant'.
It's nuts because two months after the one-year anniversary of the series, the fourth game will be out.
Oh, we were so naive back then...

I dunno,
on the one hand I like the setting. If there's one thing that FNAF has not become after 4 games within a single year, it's redundant, and I like that Scott's taking effort to change the setting again and the overall feel of the game again.
But on the other hand, the home setting and the tiny Springtrap and the mini attack-Fazbears and just the overall character designs remind me more of Gremlins than Five Night's at Freddy's, or for that matter anything really scary.

I'd rather he spend more time on the core game instead of churning something out now and making some DLC to come out on Halloween to make it 'significant'.
Psh, like he didn't already have the main game almost done by now, especially considering the fact in itself that he moved the release date up by more than 2 months

also i'm pretty sure it's gonna be a free expansion

Wow, so they already kicked him out of the resort huh?

Don't worry, the October expansion is FNAF 5. He just started working on it.

this is easily the scariest thing i've ever seen spawn from those games
including the games

Why is that scarier than the FNAF4 design?!

Call me when they make one of those for Springtrap.

If people can sell foam replicas of Minecraft tools, there is no stopping the merch train. A collection of plushies would have been smarter.

The official Steam page is UP

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388090/

This time, the terror has followed you home.

In this last chapter of the Five Nights at Freddy's original story, you must once again defend yourself against Freddy Fazbear, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and even worse things that lurk in the shadows. Playing as a child whose role is yet unknown, you must safeguard yourself until 6am by watching the doors, as well as warding off unwanted creatures that may venture into your closet or onto the bed behind you.

You have only a flashlight to protect yourself. It will scare away things that may be creeping at the far end of the hallways, but be careful, and listen. If something has crept too close, then shining lights in its eyes will be your end.

I was gonna express shock that we're bringing child murder into the franchise this time, but then... oh, right, yeah......

Yeah but now the child murder is outright and upfront, instead of vaguely mentioned in minigames and news clippings.

They could NOT be murderous robots but instead they are doing their job and simply giving the kid a birthday party. i mean we don't know if its his birthday.

Yeah but now the child murder is outright and upfront, instead of vaguely mentioned in minigames and news clippings.
To be fair, the children being killed were shown in the minigames in the second game.
Not much of a fan of this setting, as mentioned before. I'm just more confused why the animatronics are interested in a child, or how the child can even defend himself.

Yes it is a complete change from the previous three games, I'm interested in how the multiple room checking will happen since I don't see a map in any of the screenshots.

I feel this one is going to be a very good finisher to the series. The house might be like one of the kids who got away. It's a possibility.

this game is super scary!!!! ζ,,゚Д゚ζ i only watch the videos and players but i still get creeped out my dad too. i showed him foxy-kun and i got grounded...

xD imagine if skitty was in this!!

... But not to Mark? Ya know, the guy who MADE FNaF what it is?

Reactions: Armageddon11
Maybe he decided Mark doesn't need any more boosting in popularity.

At least these smaller guys could use it more than Mark. :P

Gameplay videos are starting to crop up of the demo if anyone's interested.

are..are you serious....I mean like there's bumping up a release date and then theres this. I get he wants to strike while the Irons hot but just saying HEY ITS OUT RIGHT NOW. instead of doing the release date could hurt sales more then help. Look at D4 for an example a game that was released the day it was announced and did horribly.

Oh, well, this is a terrible way to release your game. There wasn't even time for people to get excited with the demo footage.

Reactions: Magma442
Scott man I love you, you make great game concepts and you fucking pump them out like no body's business and you even donate half your shit to charity but for christ's sake learn some patience.
I'll wait for Markiplier's playthrough though.
Better fucking hope Tumblr doesn't spoil this shit for me like they did FNaF 3

Reactions: TailsWorld1
See you for the movie everybody.
Nah man didn't you hear?
Movie got bumped up to just now.
It literally just came out even though it's only in the preproduction.
SERIOUSLY IF THE MOVIE GETS BUMPED UP AND SUFFERS FOR IT I'M GONNA BE UPSET

Nah man didn't you hear?
Movie got bumped up to just now.
It literally just came out even though it's only in the preproduction.
SERIOUSLY IF THE MOVIE GETS BUMPED UP AND SUFFERS FOR IT I'M GONNA BE UPSET

Oh cool let's have a movie night friend.

In slight spoilerly news:

The cupcake has a jumpscare.