• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

It's actually FNAF6 and the absence of FNAF5 will be a major plot point.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I honestly think FNAF4 is the worst of the series. It just feels bare and the designs of the anamtronics just gives me the vibe of "BE AFRAID WE ARE SCARY EVIL BOO" and it just falls flat because it tries to hard. I understand its probably because:
The kid is just having extreme nightmares due to his comma
But come on scott. Please...

I think FNAF3 should have been the end. Springtrap was the creepiest of all the enemies in the series and he felt belivable. This game just feels like a beta for something better.

I hope to god this is the end and he doesnt pull a friday the 13th part 4 the final chapter and continue to five nights at freddys X where freddy is in space...please god no

I Zee a ? at the end there

The End?

EDIT: Proof
z541Nek.png
Perhaps the story continues in the movie. That's when all the questions get answered.

Maybe the Halloween thingy will be a lore-expanding video on Scott's youtube channel or perhaps it will be a sneak preview of the movie.

The problem is there literally is no mystery left everything's been answered; who the purple guy was, who caused the bite, what caused everything to shut down, etc. There literally is no mystery left so I can't see where this series will go if it continues.

The problem is there literally is no mystery left everything's been answered; who the purple guy was, who caused the bite, what caused everything to shut down, etc. There literally is no mystery left so I can't see where this series will go if it continues.

There is a seventh night. There is a box in the ending that can't be opened as of yet.

I honestly wish FNAF's didnt rely soley rely on jumpscares. Its okay for like youtube moments and such, but in the long run, jump scares are the weakest form of horror because its not scary, just surprising.

Which brings me back to FNAF3, I loved springtrap because he didnt just scream extremely loud and zoom into your face at 200% speed. He was more subtle the way he moved at you before he killed you. It was honestly terrifying in its own right.

The games have good atmosphre, but I wish the horror wasnt just jump scares 99% of the time.

I can see what he was going for with the new game.

He introduced a sense of fear and hesitation of the unknown. In all the previous games, you pretty much rush through checking up on everything to make sure nothing creeps up on you.

Now, you can't just bum rush through everything. Just checking a door can be frightening. It forces you to hesitate and fear what you don't know is there, second guessing whether you want to check or shut the door.

It isn't all just jump scares. He at least went out of the way to make them hide from you if you peak at them down the hall way, which is already more interesting and intimidating than them just vanishing after a condition is met.

The games have good atmosphre, but I wish the horror wasnt just jump scares 99% of the time.

The 1% is atmosphere?! Jk i know you're exaggerating. But it sounds like atmosphere and jumpscares is all the game was to you. There was much more to the game than just jumpscares that invoked fear, dread, despair, tension(or just horror) etc. I do admit however that FNAF seems most well known for their jumpscares. Everything preceding that is phenomenal to me(not that I don't appreciate the jumpscares.I do.) Lore, different mechanics introduced every game, actually getting to 6. I haven't played the game, but I'm 100% sure watching is different from playing the game.

Edit: What remi said about checking the door. It's like from being able to see nearly everything with security cameras to being able to see nothing and focus on your hearing instead.

I never said it had nothing more to it. The lore is so deep and interesting that i spent hours one night researching it.

I just hate that for the common person, the jumpscares are the face of the series.

Ah my bad. A common person says what he sees. The common person probably only watched the game too and not played it experiencing the rest.

I honestly wish FNAF's didnt rely soley rely on jumpscares. Its okay for like youtube moments and such, but in the long run, jump scares are the weakest form of horror because its not scary, just surprising.

Which brings me back to FNAF3, I loved springtrap because he didnt just scream extremely loud and zoom into your face at 200% speed. He was more subtle the way he moved at you before he killed you. It was honestly terrifying in its own right.

But
it isn't
just that?

This is pretty tired piece of rhetoric, but, jumpscares are a tool to use for horror and FNaF uses them in what is probably the best way you can. The jumpscare isn't there to simply catch the player off guard, it's a punishment for losing.

This is what I think 1 and 2 were the best, they utilized this concept so well, maybe better than 4 and definitely better than 3. See, each night is just one long string of tension, tension that comes about due to the precise defensive nature of the gameplay mechanics, that can end either 1 of 2 ways. 1 is that the player makes it to the end of the night and the tension is resolved through relief, which is positive reinforcement. 2 is that the player fails and is punished with a jumpscare, which resolves the tension through surprise and very small heart attacks. The player knows the jumpscare is coming, and being one of the few ways in which a game can actually effect the player themselves, even more tension is built up knowing that that is what'll happen if you mess up. The jumpscare is actually used to amplify fear and tension, not just to get a cheap scare.

I dunno, when Fnaf 4 came out, I realized that Scott Cawthon was trying too hard at making the game scary. The red bloody title screen didn't faze me as much as the first one did, and overall the animatronics were scary, don't get me wrong, but at the most I only jumped a little. I don't have the game, so I can't speak from personal experience, but a friend tells me the game's horrifying to him. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

But
it isn't
just that?

This is pretty tired piece of rhetoric, but, jumpscares are a tool to use for horror and FNaF uses them in what is probably the best way you can. The jumpscare isn't there to simply catch the player off guard, it's a punishment for losing.

This is what I think 1 and 2 were the best, they utilized this concept so well, maybe better than 4 and definitely better than 3. See, each night is just one long string of tension, tension that comes about due to the precise defensive nature of the gameplay mechanics, that can end either 1 of 2 ways. 1 is that the player makes it to the end of the night and the tension is resolved through relief, which is positive reinforcement. 2 is that the player fails and is punished with a jumpscare, which resolves the tension through surprise and very small heart attacks. The player knows the jumpscare is coming, and being one of the few ways in which a game can actually effect the player themselves, even more tension is built up knowing that that is what'll happen if you mess up. The jumpscare is actually used to amplify fear and tension, not just to get a cheap scare.

Well when you put it that way, I guess it does make more sense.

I guess I'm just not a fan of jumpscares. Also I was a fan of FNAF3's gritty tone and concept, so I was more invested in that one.

I don't think the game as trying too hard because it aimed for areas that it successfully hit. From what I personally experienced, a lot of bedtime fears are invoked. If you're never bothered going to sleep, jumpscares may be the only thing that scares you.

From personal experience and for example, I always feared keeping my closet open because for some reason I'd thought a monster comes out from there. I always kept the closet door fully closed. Another example, my bed used to face the hallway and there was just enough light to see partly into the hallway. One night I saw stripes that I thought were part of a witch. Damn hallways. I have plushies placed just above my head when I sleep. The beaver plushie gave me fears of biting my head off, but thankfully the other plushies were dogs and a goku. Eyes in the dark always creeped me out especially abnormally large ones. "Who's eyes are those eyes?" Things that could see me in the dark yet I couldn't see them.

So yeah I liked FNAF 4 because I was wuss at bedtime or I appreciate what it accomplished.

So is this the bite of 83/87 whatever the date or just a kid who had a bad experience

I'll admit, its getting old and stale and at this point I just want questions answered so I can be on my way. Jumpscares worked for the atmosphere but after playing several times you'll master the pattern and most of the game play is gone (jumpscares).

Last edited:
It's the Bite of 87, you see it happen at the end of Night 5, and the running theory between myself and my friends is these nights leading up to and just after are the poor kid in a Coma after having the Brain damage and the resulting permanent nightmares he is stuck in.

Nah, but,
hmm,
it's implied that the kid became the puppet. Crying face, striped shirt, the whole friends business with the Fredbear plushes and stuff.
But the Bite of '87 takes place at the end of FNaF2. And the Puppet exists as an entity before that.

So it might not be? Unless I'm missing something??

Again on that theory is that 4 is not long after 2, with the cutscenes taking place Before/during 2 becaue you see the Purple Guy...disposing of one of his victims on one of the 8-bit sections.

Oh shi*** is the game out?
Yes, it came out on the 23rd, actually. No notice about it, it just kind of... Released.

Yes, it came out on the 23rd, actually. No notice about it, it just kind of... Released.
Was expecting an October release and instead that turns out to be a DLC release date?

Was expecting an October release and instead that turns out to be a DLC release date?
The original release date was Halloween, if I'm correct, but the game was released early, so Halloween is now the release date for the DLC.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
So there's some new info on that there cinematic adaption
- Gil Kenan <Monster House, Poltergeist 2015> is the director
- It seems the bots are gonna be actual fucking animatronics, or at least real animatronics will be used in certain scenes
- Not only is Scott planned to have some say in the movie's production, he might even reprise his role as the phone guy
- The movie will entail an original story that is canon to the games, and will also have some extra sooper sekrit story bits of its own
- The movie will take place in several locations
- The Bite might be a thing that happens in the movie
- There is a chance we could actually see some new bots made for the movie

I mean, GRANTED, Monster House was much better and it might be more like that instead of trying to live up to a fucking legendary legacy, but, Poltergiest 2015!?
Christ, what a black spot on your career!

I applaud them for using actual animatronics and not CGI, but the fact that the director has Poltergeist 2015 under his belt makes me have no hope that this will be any good.
I still don't think that this is going to translate well into film. There isn't much dialogue, and the story is pretty cryptic.
That would be like making a movie for Shadow of the Colossus.
Wait-

So there's some new info on that there cinematic adaption
- Gil Kenan <Monster House, Poltergeist 2015> is the director
- It seems the bots are gonna be actual fucking animatronics, or at least real animatronics will be used in certain scenes
- Not only is Scott planned to have some say in the movie's production, he might even reprise his role as the phone guy
- The movie will entail an original story that is canon to the games, and will also have some extra sooper sekrit story bits of its own
- The movie will take place in several locations
- The Bite might be a thing that happens in the movie
- There is a chance we could actually see some new bots made for the movie
c9d.gif

Yeesss...

Idk about you, but Monster House was a fantastic movie, so I got high hopes. Dark story, awesome concept, etc etc.

I thought Monster House was okay, but I feel like the ending was very unsatisfying, and the main characters annoying. Then again, I haven't seen it in years, so I don't remember it much.

Well Im just glad it wont be just a retelling of the first game.

If it were a retelling of the first game it'd be 2 1/2 hours of watching a guy look at 2 doors and a camera.