• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Forum Problems and Feature Requests

I could, problem is that that was a custom name change request that I fulfilled so that change wouldn't have stopped me from doing it while being too dumb to check it first. I could perhaps change the CSS for that box to begin with, but I don't think it's necessary for such a minor issue.

I'd like to ask for an increase in the maximum number of members in a conversation. Unless there's a software limitation, there's no reason to keep it at five. 10 or 20 would be ideal

<insert Off Topic Zookeepers joke that will be misinterpreted here>

Reactions: Zidiane
Vulpes, don't ruin the moment. I was almost posting a "senpai heard me" here

Is there a way to fix the emotes on tapatalk?

this:
This motion right? :DP: on pad it's like this :F::D::DF:. You should Fast tap :F:, then :D: and :DF: in a single movement, when you get your thumb on the down just move it a bit on the right if you're on the Player One part of the screen (the left part). It gets some time to get used to do that but you have to do the DP motion consistently, at least 98% of the time you try it 'cause it's important in both combos and neutral game :)

becomes this:
Screenshot_2015-01-08-21-01-00.png

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I've messaged tapatalk about this problem. He responded and said he'd look into it.

...This was probably 6 months ago.

I don't think anything can be done from Vads side though?

Yeah I don't really think so, but doesn't hurt to ask

Yeah, the tapatalk plugin has its own set of emoticons, unfortunately.

I had an idea for a feature request:
In the top section of the main page showing the upcoming tourneys/events, is it possible to add a field that advertises that there will be a stream of skullgirls and when it will be taking place at that venue?

for example, there's going to be frosty faustings tonight (11pm Central on bgcallisto) and arc divide tomorrow (7pm Pacific on ugclive) but those details are in posts in the middle of their respective threads.

Reactions: MysteriousJ
The most we can do is create a banner with a message + link that appears at the top of the forum when the stream is on. That would require either worldjem of myself to be available and remember to do it when the stream starts, though, which is the reason it only happens sporadically.

I have a very basic request. Can someone please make sure that every character page has three separate pages for combos, resets, and burst baits and have said threads pinned to the top of the page. I don't know how everyone else feels but I hate having to dig through pages and pages of text just to find a burst bait or reset. I think it would increase the overall effectiveness of the character pages more.

Thanks in advance :^)
(joshb911)

That isn't something that's under my control. It's up to the community to create and maintain those resources how they see fit.

I'm new here, but whenever I go to reply to a conversation, the system seems to sit there spinning, never posting my response to that conversation. Note, this is not an issue with threads, I can reply and post to those just fine, if there is a massive delay between when I type things and the system actually putting them on screen. Anyways, I have tried replying to my conversations in both Internet Explorer and Chrome, but neither of those solved the issue. It did not work when trying to reply with the 'Post Reply" button or 'More Options' button. What's going on?

Yeah I just started having this problem, too.
And if it could be a problem, im using the vita browser.

The forum is super slow for me... Took me 15 minutes to get to this page because it kept freezing. I can go to other forums fine though.

Same for me. During the last 3(?) days, periodically, every page on the forum takes a year to charge, while I can go light speed on any other site. Usually lasts something like 15-30min, comes back every 2 hours or so :/

The Stream tab for me has been showing 4 streams going all day, even though all of them are offline.

But I'm totally streaming right now and no one is watching :P

This is a joke

So it seems this is probably for more people than just me.

I don't know why, but I couldn't even get on here for hours.

Same. It just died, was it an error with the guys you go through for the forum?

I couldn't even get on the skullgirls website proper.

Their server must have crashed, or they brought it down to do some work. It feels faster than it was before...but still a bit sluggish.

Lately the page is not updating when I post something and it just looks like the posting failed, so I click again, it "fails" again and when I reload the page it turns out that actually posted it twice. I'm also finding a good bit of repeated posts lately, more people seem to be having this issue.

I assume this is happening because of the server changes but idk, maybe it's worth mentioning.

edit: lol it happened to this post

Last edited:
Yo, not sure how I missed all of these replies. I'm not going to worry about any performance issues until we're on the new server and we can see what is fixed/broken by that.

As for this:
The Stream tab for me has been showing 4 streams going all day, even though all of them are offline.
Stream scraping by the site involves voodoo and how many people visit the stream page (don't ask me, I didn't write it). If it's clearly wrong of if you're streaming and it's not showing up, then tell one of the mods on the IRC (If I'm on IRC I should be available, otherwise try midiman/woldjem/cellsai) and they can force a manual scrape.

wj locked it - ask him.

It counts as an opinionated thread under the new rules.

It's doing it again, where it acts like my post didn't post, but it did, so I end up double or triple posting the same thing by accident. Are you guys still switching over or is Autumn having some sort of issue?

It counts as an opinionated thread under the new rules.
What does this even mean? Sounds like a joke to me. Are you like one of those people that call fictional characters kin and get mad when people "harm" them?

I can't see my alerts. The little tab at the top of the screen doesn't load and when I try to go to the alerts page it gives me an error.

I can see everything. As long as I wait 5 minutes for every page to load...

Reactions: The Dave
I... don't know. The fact that things appeared to not be quite as slow was enough for me to assume that the server move was completed. I can ask Autumn what is going on, no guarantees from there, though.