• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Forum Problems and Feature Requests

Did a server go down or something?

It seems the guest numbers seem to be register now.

Here is the current background photo for Skullheart on tapatalk:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425263683.513315.jpg

Any chance of this being changed if you know where to find it?

Reactions: Arcana
There was a minor problem left over from the server change that only became apparent just now. Things *should* be fixed now, but we only know that issues are there when things start going wrong so there's no guarantees.

Here is the current background photo for Skullheart on tapatalk:
The mods are planning to update the logo for the forum as a whole, so I'll probably change it then. Thanks for the heads up, I'd completely forgotten about it.

Reactions: skull person
@Vadsamoht

Cool!

@Wenzel made this beautiful custom Skullgirls Endless Beta steam icon background image here that might work perfectly with his permission.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425272050.868227.jpg

Okay I'll go now! <3

So I decided to check my Post Your Best Screenshots thread. I noticed that many of the images that were posted there were broken. All of mine were, and I've already gone and edited them back in, but what's weird is that there seemed to be nothing wrong with the urls of the broken images. I'm guessing this was a result of the recent forum update?

So I decided to check my Post Your Best Screenshots thread. I noticed that many of the images that were posted there were broken. All of mine were, and I've already gone and edited them back in, but what's weird is that there seemed to be nothing wrong with the urls of the broken images. I'm guessing this was a result of the recent forum update?
No idea tbh. Probably due to the update, but no idea why it broke the links.

This has only started happening to me within the past week, but after I log into Skullheart and visit one or two threads, I end up getting logged out and have to sign in again. Happens pretty frequently, and happens on multiple PC's/devices.

This has only started happening to me within the past week, but after I log into Skullheart and visit one or two threads, I end up getting logged out and have to sign in again. Happens pretty frequently, and happens on multiple PC's/devices.
some of the URLs default to skullheart.com, others to skullgirls.com. I'm working on it.

Update: everything should use skullheart.com now

Reactions: dMags
Update: everything should use skullheart.com now

Just wanted to follow up, it seems to be less frequent but I'm still being logged out. This is the typical series of events:

1. go to skullheart.com and log in
2. visit Forums -> Watched Threads
3. Click on a thread, read thread
4. Click on the main "Skullheart" banner at the top of the site
5. Now i'm back to the main page and have been signed out

It usually doesn't repeat after I sign in again, but occasionally it does without hitting the timeout. It's not a big deal, just thought I should mention it

Just wanted to follow up, it seems to be less frequent but I'm still being logged out. This is the typical series of events:

1. go to skullheart.com and log in
2. visit Forums -> Watched Threads
3. Click on a thread, read thread
4. Click on the main "Skullheart" banner at the top of the site
5. Now i'm back to the main page and have been signed out

It usually doesn't repeat after I sign in again, but occasionally it does without hitting the timeout. It's not a big deal, just thought I should mention it

I see what the problem is. I'll fix it now. Thanks for giving a list of steps to reproduce the problem!

EDIT: Should be done. Also note that old links that still use skullgirls.com (from other sites, etc.) will still cause you to be logged out, but there's not much I can do about that.

Reactions: dMags
I see what the problem is. I'll fix it now. Thanks for giving a list of steps to reproduce the problem!

EDIT: Should be done. Also note that old links that still use skullgirls.com (from other sites, etc.) will still cause you to be logged out, but there's not much I can do about that.

No issues this morning, your fix did the trick. Thanks!

Looking at the tourney listings above the Major Tournaments forum.

It's kind of flat looking and it looks like you had to add them in manually, which kind of sucks, but hey at least it's something!

It's cool that you put all the related threads under each event. Much appreciated!

So, here's a suggestion which I have no idea whether is possible or not, but I'd still like to at least ask.

Would it be possible to implement a feature to mark a thread from post X as unread? What I have in mind is when there is a long thread with long posts (ie. Beta Updates Discussion), I see 5 unread pages, where I know opening a new pages means equals a flow of 40 posts, some of which will be a full monitor long.

As it is now, I either open the next page in a tab end return to it several times (which is not always possible because reading the forums on different PCs and whatnot) or wait before opening a new page until I have a guaranteed hour of free time. If I could, I'd rather read it in sets of 2-3 posts and mark the next post as unread to return to that exact spot later.

So, here's a suggestion which I have no idea whether is possible or not, but I'd still like to at least ask.

Would it be possible to implement a feature to mark a thread from post X as unread? What I have in mind is when there is a long thread with long posts (ie. Beta Updates Discussion), I see 5 unread pages, where I know opening a new pages means equals a flow of 40 posts, some of which will be a full monitor long.

As it is now, I either open the next page in a tab end return to it several times (which is not always possible because reading the forums on different PCs and whatnot) or wait before opening a new page until I have a guaranteed hour of free time. If I could, I'd rather read it in sets of 2-3 posts and mark the next post as unread to return to that exact spot later.
I doubt that'd be possible. Sorry.

It's kind of flat looking and it looks like you had to add them in manually, which kind of sucks, but hey at least it's something!
Yeah, I had to do it manually which is why it's so basic. I tried adding some CSS, but a lot of it just broke other stuff for some reason so I went back to plain text. I might adjust stuff later if I can decide on what it should look like.

There are two "upcoming events" boards in my face.

Someone clicked stuff they shouldn't have. fixed.

Someone clicked stuff they shouldn't have. fixed.
Hey, it wasn't me. I haven't touched Admin panel in a while, and when I did, 2 event blocks didn't show up when I was done.

Yeah it was probably me, I just wasn't sure. It was nothing huge anyway, just ticked the wrong box.

Every link on the site is "Skullgirls.com" for me, not Skullheart.
Except for the giant Skullheart logo at the top, that's the only link that's Skullheart.com, which logs me out if I click it, and also changes the formatting of the site a bit?

I'm not talking about links in people's posts - I'm talking about the links that are hard-coded into the site. For example, the links in the header, the breadcrumb, or on the forum index. If someone has made a post with a link using skullgirls.com there's not much I can do about that.

I'm going to miss that twitter feed. I actually liked seeing it.

I'm going to miss that twitter feed. I actually liked seeing it.
I don't know what you're talking about. It's totally not that I just forgot to re-enable it. Nope.

Oh look! A kitten!

Reactions: MysteriousJ
The "New Profile Posts" block doesn't show up in the forum index. Is it not supposed to?

Only supposed to be on the news page. It's more noise than signal on the forum index, but I put it on the news page because there was a lot of blank space there.

FYI, the link to the forum rules at the top of the page that reads "Please read the forum rules before posting. Thank you!" still links to skullgirls.com

Reactions: Vadsamoht
Did you recently drastically reduce signature sizes?

My current one is smth like 230 characters; I wanted to make a new one (~130 characters iirc) and it told me "18 characters too long"
Or does it not count BB Code (of my 230 characters in the current sig, a large part are the YT links + BBtags)? But even then my current is 130 chars

Reactions: Woofly
I haven't changed it. Could be in reaction to someone posting an essay in their signature or something, but I'll increase it anyway.

Maybe change "Skullheart support & feature requests" to "Skullheart support & forum feature requests" or "Skullheart/Forum feature requests & support" to avoid confusion.

How about "Skullheart Forum Inquiries"?

Would it be possible to make a sticky or something in this subforum that lists the mods of each section as to be able to contact them more easily. I have been here for a while and even I still don't remember every one. Is there already a thread for this? I just want to be able to request help for specific subforums for specific post situations without abusing the report function.

This isn't a problem, really, but I didn't know where else to ask. I was looking at someone's profile recently and it said for their activity "Last seen viewing an unknown page". What's that mean?

Basically that that particular page doesn't have a title for that line in the profile to display. I think it usually means that they were looking at one of the pages from the streams plugin.

Reactions: Zidiane
FYI, the link to the forum rules at the top of the page that reads "Please read the forum rules before posting. Thank you!" still links to skullgirls.com

I found another one :^) Inside the "Beginner's Hub" tab, it contains the line 'Hi there! This page is still being worked on, but for the moment take a look at this thread which contains links to a bunch of useful info! ' The hyperlink "this thread" still points to skullgirls.com

Reactions: Vadsamoht