• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Forum Problems and Feature Requests

I think it was a bunch of people with the attitude of "You're from region X, so you suck and I'm not going to listen to you".
I find that a problem with those people, not the perfectly fine forum feature. +1 on having it back, this is pretty neat.

Ok, it should be back.

EDIT: God damn it, CSS.

EDIT2: I hate xenforo sometimes. Should be fixed now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ktulu, Muro and Lex
Yo I'm making some skullgirl icons for the streamer DarkKV3, and was wondering if you would want to use any of them?

jAbumkQ.png

VW8fAMv.png

WCiaQW0.png

5M4xthn.png

ouZgjYx.png

Of course all of these can be made smaller to fit the pixel size needed, and are on a 1:1 ratio. I plan on making more but these are the ones I have for now!

PSA: A recent news article reminded me to finally get around to fixing twitter embeds. Unfortunately it's not as easy as just pasting the link, but you can just hit the 'embed media' icon in the editor (looks like a film/video icon) and then paste the link in there - the forum software will do the rest.

Alternatively you can do:
Code:
[MEDIA=twitter]628661166470868992[/MEDIA]

and either way you will end up with:

---------------------

Yo I'm making some skullgirl icons for the streamer DarkKV3, and was wondering if you would want to use any of them?
Thanks for the offer! If enough people want them added I'll be happy to oblige, but back when we first added :PUN: a few people complained that they were overused and made posts hard to read, and I'd rather not go through the work of adding them in if they're just going to be disabled following a backlash.

(Happy to hear people's opinions on this)

Add the emotes.

Yeah, its always nice seeing forums with personalised emotes.

Can't imagine a post with a kanchou Parasoul or datass Leviathan emot that would make me think "I like and respect this person no less than I did before reading this".

Im more afraid of the spam. god knows ive seen too much spam of this
:PUN:

I'd be against the emotes as well, actually. They can get a bit annoying and are overused, and they make posts a little cluttered.

With the emotes I can tell what kind of post it is and skip it. I'll be able to see a Leviathan emote at the end and know not to read it. The General Art thread will be so much easier to go through.

With the emotes I can tell what kind of post it is and skip it. I'll be able to see a Leviathan emote at the end and know not to read it. The General Art thread will be so much easier to go through.

this.

Maybe with more than one emote there wont be spam of the only one we have, ya know?

Come on guys you KNOW we need a Swagmet emote.

I like that the lack of emotes forces skullheart users to articulate something if they want to post. I think these emotes will be great on twitch, but they add nothing to a forum conversation.

Agree.

We could booby trap the emotes so that submitting a post with one automatically bans you from the thread. A new clean age where forums moderate themselves like never before.

Reactions: Ktulu
media embeds

lol so are all of the youtube embeds gone or just broken
because i can't put videos in anymore

lol so are all of the youtube embeds gone or just broken
because i can't put videos in anymore
Hm, can confirm. Can't embed new YT videos ("The specified URL cannot be embedded as media" error), while videos in old posts aren't displayed (the code is still there, as seen when you for example quote them). Embedded YT playlists work, interestingly.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
EDIT: make that fffixed.

Reactions: Sparties and Wenzel
SH fourms is like a hydra head. you fix one thing and more bugs take its place.

That is actually precisely why the twitter embeds were disabled in the first place, lol. Adding in something completely unrelated (can't remember what) caused twitter embeds to crash certain pages for no real reason.

Also another request, however lengthy, make it so you can embed Imgur albums in a post? It would be so clean and amazing for keeping multiple pictures in one place to avoid clutter.

Also another request, however lengthy, make it so you can embed Imgur albums in a post? It would be so clean and amazing for keeping multiple pictures in one place to avoid clutter.
Not possible, sorry.

embed pictures in a spoiler
it's an album!!

Reactions: Wenzel
I'm getting a Google Docs error window continually popping up when I go into Kyu's Diary in Training Diaries for some reason. Doesn't happen anywhere else.

Just a heads-up that the streams tab had been updated (actually a while ago, but I forgot to let anyone know). What this means is that streams on twitch are automatically picked up whenever someone is listed as playing Skullgirls on twitch, so we are denying all submissions for those streams.
Are we sure this feature is working as intended? As of this post I have a Twitch stream with "playing: Skullgirls" up for over an hour and it didn't display on the Skullheart stream tab yet.

EDIT: A few streams just appeared there including mine. I take it it's a problem not with detecting streams on Twitch but with the tab not refreshing too often/getting stuck, perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
I take it it's a problem not with detecting streams on Twitch but with the tab not refreshing too often/getting stuck, perhaps?

Yeah. I don't know why it does it that way, but instead of auto-refreshing every 5 minutes or whatever, it chooses when to do it by the number of people who have recently opened the streams tab or something silly like that. If you know there's a mod online then you can contact one of us and we can force it to refresh, but I don't think there's anything else we can do about it at the moment.

Yeah. I don't know why it does it that way, but instead of auto-refreshing every 5 minutes or whatever, it chooses when to do it by the number of people who have recently opened the streams tab or something silly like that. If you know there's a mod online then you can contact one of us and we can force it to refresh, but I don't think there's anything else we can do about it at the moment.
Actually, one thing I was noticing recently, sometimes when I force the scrape the front page stays the same, even though when you actually go to the stream tab it shows the proper list (although I think it might be only on my end).

Oh, I know how to fix that bit!

EDIT: Should be fixed.

Would it be possible to make skullgirls.com/forums/index.php a page that just redirects to skullheart.com at the same location?

Not without breaking other links, no.

I haven't looked for a while, but I think the only important thing that it interferes with is the streams tab somehow. But there's also the fact that a lot of places (Steam, SRK, etc.) have linked to content on here using the old URLs, and having those simply end at a 404 would be something I'd like to avoid.

I mean, something like this? From what I can tell, everything goes through the one page (index.php), and the rest is returned based on the php parameters.
Code:
<head>
   <script>
   sgcomforumsURL = window.location.href;
   shURL = sgcomforumsURL.replace("skullgirls.com/forums", "skullheart.com");
   window.location.replace(shURL);
   </script>
</head>
Though I'm no web dev.

I don't know about you guys, but twitter embeds don't show up for me. It's just a huge gap in the post between text.

Oh yeah, I guess I shoulda posted here eventually.

For some reason the Pun-Ajna emote doesn't appear on my computer, I can see it just fine on mobile, but it's a broken link image here. Trying to open the image in a new tab just redirects to an error page on Skullgirls.com.
Every other emote seems to work just fine, it's just that one.

I don't know about you guys, but twitter embeds don't show up for me. It's just a huge gap in the post between text.
I assume you're using some sort of script-blocking software.

Oh yeah, I guess I shoulda posted here eventually.

For some reason the Pun-Ajna emote doesn't appear on my computer, I can see it just fine on mobile, but it's a broken link image here. Trying to open the image in a new tab just redirects to an error page on Skullgirls.com.
Every other emote seems to work just fine, it's just that one.
I honestly have zero idea what could be causing this. I'll keep looking into it, but it's hard to narrow down the cause.

Is my stream still banned?
If it isn't i'd like to request that it is, for shits and giggles.

Is my stream still banned?
If it isn't i'd like to request that it is, for shits and giggles.
All twitch streams have been removed from the stream tab, because the auto-scraper works differently now.