• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

Of course she'll have balance changes done to her. This definitely isn't how she'll be forever

Reactions: No longer exist
I'm probably gonna piss off a lot of people by saying this, but I feel like I have to. I personally don't want her to stay in the full game. I mean, this joke, when I found out about it, was hilarious. But... I look at it and think, "Really? A long term, permanent character?"

I mean, everything has so much love and work put into it, and Fukua only took, if I'm correct, three days. She's not... well... developed enough for me to even consider having her in the game permanently.

Get some funding for her, make her more different from Filia, develop her more, write some story and lines for her, maybe I'll consider it. Until then, I'm personally a "no".

Yeah maybe it's best she just gets implemented as a hidden Noob Saibot-esque fight instead of being playable for now or if she just stays in the BETA. I don't think she needs to be in the full retail game.

So a Japanese player I know figured out the reference for Fukua's line "We're going to get you~".

I thought it was cute, but now that I know where it's from, I find it more disturbing lol

She should be in the main game because people do like using her. She plays different from the rest of the cast and some people want to main her (like me). Robo-Fortune is also going to reuse Fortune assets. Double was made with unused assets as well as assets that made it into the game too. Double just has couple unique animations for when she's not attacking. This game was only going to have 13 characters. That's a very small number. One more is only an improvement. She may be a clone character but she plays nothing like Filia. It's pointless to make a character playable then remove them later. I don't know why people want to just keep her in the beta or make her only playable offline. She doesn't break the game and she's not OP. We should want SG to expand in every way possible. It only leads to a better game. Her inclusion doesn't make the game any worse.

I''d be all for keeping her and her appearance. IF anything I'd do what is done with Parasoul and give her some sort of accessory or another in order to make her look different, while keep with the Decapre reference.

Decapre is Cammy with a mask and katars, so Fukua could simply have a domino mask, some kind of bow or glasses. Slight difference because she's supposed to be an obvious look-alike. I do hope a story is developed for her, as well as her own voice.

Does anyone have any headcanons for her?

I''d be all for keeping her and her appearance. IF anything I'd do what is done with Parasoul and give her some sort of accessory or another in order to make her look different, while keep with the Decapre reference.

Decapre is Cammy with a mask and katars, so Fukua could simply have a domino mask, some kind of bow or glasses. Slight difference because she's supposed to be an obvious look-alike. I do hope a story is developed for her, as well as her own voice.

Does anyone have any headcanons for her?
Yah she has the soul of Delia and Juju.
Could we just reuse the trailer bgm and plaza for her stage?

One thing I'd like to point out is that while mirror matches are weird (depending on the character), Fukua mirrors take the cake. It's a matter of who outzones who. Dem fireballs ain't no joke.

Yah she has the soul of Delia and Juju.
Could we just reuse the trailer bgm and plaza for her stage?

I was thinking she was made by Braindrain with samples collected by Valentine after either she or Painwheel fought Filia and Samson. Fukua being probably named by Valentine (it sounds vaguely foreign and she is an otaku). Meant to proably be a handler for Painwheel (due to looking like her old friend) she has dual personalities. The main one is controlling the body, while the second controls the "Samson" one, though they can alternate. Personality types would be the main one is serious, focused and a bit sadistic. The second personality being more childish, creative and erratic, it's the one who says "We're gonna get you." This would be caused by Braindrain teaching them weak astral projection. One possible weakness would be her not being as experienced or knowledgeable about her hair abilities as Samson.

I'd assume she (the main Fukua) feels she is superior to Filia and has fierce loyalty to Braindrain. Sometimes talks to her "sister" who speaks through the Samson body unless in charge.

I'm in love with her. I like her very much. She's the best. I'm her biggest fan. Fukua is just best character in Skullgirls, best character in all games and best character in the world.

i agree with draggyfagy. shes absolutely best character ever.

Just being able to say sentences like: "Wanna Fukua?" "Let's Fukua Up!" "You can't OutFukua ME son!"

Makes my day brighter! @_@

When you select fukua's story mode what should happen is that image of squiggly shaking her booty should appear for with this song playing in the background

@hlvn

What is it exactly that you think is to good about fukua? I'm not seeing it. Im with dekillsage that shes not that great at this point... Good but no double or fortune or filia. The only thing i could see about her being kinda ridiculous was her damage... But thats off of a move that hits mid and wiffs against crouching characters... So I'm not really seeing it.

But i hear shes got some great crossup game... What is it?

Hey, is the animation for her infinite prevention move the same as Filia's?

@hlvn
But i hear shes got some great crossup game... What is it?
There are a few things she can do.

In resets, she has jHK which drops you either side depending on how high you and your opponent are. (Then you can throw in command grabs when they are afraid of that)

j.HK as well as j.MK just have great crossup boxes in general if you jump over them SF style.

There are a few things she can do.

In resets, she has jHK which drops you either side depending on how high you and your opponent are. (Then you can throw in command grabs when they are afraid of that)

j.HK as well as j.MK just have great crossup boxes in general if you jump over them SF style.
Oh ok thanks for that. Yeah i knew a about the reset crossups... I just see it as... Resets, everyone has them so i dont see that as a point that makes her to good.

Now if it was some crazy pre hit crossups then yeah in that instance it makes sense.

As it is right now, i still see fukua as the games worst opening character, even peacock is waaay better with iad overheads, teleport crossups, post throw mixups.... Fukua has like nothing except low/throw and the throw variant uses meter AND gets scaled... Not a good look imho.

But she still looks decent after all throw converts to full combo into l/r reset... So shes got... Some stuff.

Just looking for strong things i dont yet know about after the hour i spent figuring her out. So far not much has been found... But thats of course attributable to ... 2 days of testing.

Just havent seen anything near op with her yet so I'm confused as to what others are seeing.

I was doing some janky jumping LP Love Dart crossup on block earlier. I'll see if I can come up with some sort of reliable setup with it.

Her command grab is 4 frames, its actually pretty easy to land raw.

I don't at all think she is overpowered, but hey, day 3

Her command grab is 4 frames, its actually pretty easy to land raw.

I don't at all think she is overpowered, but hey, day 3
You're forgetting the delayed and armored version of said command grab she has, but the delay is apparently ridiculously long, so...

You're forgetting the delayed and armored version of said command grab she has, but the delay is apparently ridiculously long, so...
35 frames.... don't get called out is all I'll say :p

Reactions: RetroStation
35 frames.... don't get called out is all I'll say :p
If you manage to get reset with it, go home and take a good, hard look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself, "Am I free?"

If you manage to get reset with it, go home and take a good, hard look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself, "Am I free?"
I was about to say that you could probably soak bursts with it like with Painwheel, but then I found out you can't super cancel it late enough for it to land.

I was about to say that you could probably soak bursts with it like with Painwheel, but then I found out you can't super cancel it late enough for it to land.
You can still soak bursts with it, then go for mixups.

You can still soak bursts with it, then go for mixups.
I wouldn't know how, since you can't cancel the animation without immediately going into super, and the recovery on the fireball super might be too long to get any good mixup afterwards?
Even then the opponent can just down-back afterwards. If he gets thrown, then you'd have to spend another meter to do a followup, and that seems kinda expensive for just a burst "punish".

If one super doesn't work, try another. BFFs, maybe?

isn't BFFs more supposed to be a reversal/punish super rather than cambos

isn't BFFs more supposed to be a reversal/punish super rather than cambos
It's her highest damage lvl 1 and is easy to extend off of

Lol at anyone thinking that getting hit by her armor command grab is somehow hard to do... I guess we forgot that it can be canceled into and comes with little to no visual telegraph... Such as oh say, rogs 35 frame ex overhead that glows.... And people still manage to eat.

I personally can think of a few ways to land it... It will be a good move. The problem is less landing it and more using a meter to convert it.

I just finished Arcade Mode with her and it said I unlocked new art in the gallery? I looked and nothing I saw was new, except most of big Band's stuff was locked and there was a locked picture in the lineup At section, but nothing else was new. I'm not totally sure if it had to do with that...
Yeah it's a day late but whatever, that's a bug. She has no art gallery, and likely never will. :^P

So I played Arcade mode several times with Fukua. For some reason, her j.HK doesn't give her the dive unless it's on Marie's second form, and only when she does it after a running jump.

Ooooh bubbles!

The tell on the armored command grab is a voice clip plus a visual. I didn't think it needed anything though so I find this to be too much.

Fukua disapeared, guys. Both from Beta and Retail.

EDIT: Nope, she's just hidden on beta. Her portrait is not being shown, but she's still selectable. She's not in the retail version, tho.

Fukua disapeared, guys. Both from Beta and Retail.

EDIT: Nope, she's just hidden on beta. Her portrait is not being shown, but she's still selectable. She's not in the retail version, tho.

That's probably a nod to other 'supposedly secret' characters in Capcom games. See - Akuma in the arcade version of SF4, Sakura in Rival Schools, certain secret characters in the console version of MvC1, etc.

Sorry, I'm retarded. I got an automatical thing that when the game opens, I already go to the training mode. When there are patch notes, I skip it accidentaly, and sometimes I forget to look for it on Steam.

That's probably a nod to other 'supposedly secret' characters in Capcom games. See - Akuma in the arcade version of SF4, Sakura in Rival Schools, certain secret characters in the console version of MvC1, etc.
Gon on Tekken 3, too.

Don't really like it. I liked the idea of having exactly 14 characters when all the DLC was done so every row on the character select screen would have exactly 3 characters (or 2 characters and random select).