• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gaming General Discusison

Even worse, they delisted the teaser game from PSN and effectively tried to make it as if the game has never existed in the first place by getting people with it on their systems banned from PSN and unable to sell systems with the game on it on eBay.

Even worse, they delisted the teaser game from PSN and effectively tried to make it as if the game has never existed in the first place by getting people with it on their systems banned from PSN and unable to sell systems with the game on it on eBay.
I never knew that happened, wow. Yet another fantastic decision by Konami.

Which is a shame, because as someone who is not much of a fan of "walking simulators" that are supposed to be horror games, that game is great.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
So the voice actor strike appears to be happening.

So the voice actor strike appears to be happening.
Kaiju Tang mentioned how he spent 4 hours in a very loud voice for Disgaea 5, with only two five minute breaks in between.
That's a pretty good case for better working conditions

The way most voice over contracts are handled at all is a good case for bettee working conditions.

Being a videogame VA is pretty awful a lot of the time.

The world will tremble in fear if VG programmers decided to strike.

Dang it know I kind of wish Legion TD got its own game outside of WC3.

Island Defense or Vampirism as well.

The world will tremble in fear if VG programmers decided to strike.
Not really, it'd just be used as an argument for even more outsourcing.

Fatal Frame 5's English release has the bikini costumes removed.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/41332/fatal-frame-maiden-of-black-water-review

While I personally don't care about those costumes, censoring the game on top of a digital only release on a system with a tiny hard drive really is making this harder to buy, and it's kind of bizarre when you remember they said "some games are only for Japan" when asked about this, meaning they know that anyone with any interest in the game is clearly aware of the game's content. And the game is rated M in the first place, the whole thing is just silly. At least the Zelda costume is cool.

Also, the game is reviewing pretty poorly in general if anyone actually cares about that sort of thing.

Also, the game is reviewing pretty poorly in general if anyone actually cares about that sort of thing.
I have zero confidence in any mainstream game reviewers these days.

An acquaintance of mine (who's a big fan of the franchise) who lives in Japan posted some thoughts on the Japanese version last year

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1057884#p1057884

I have zero confidence in any mainstream game reviewers these days.
Nor do I, hence "if anyone actually cares", was just an observation. I don't think anyone who cares about Fatal Frame and was interested in this game is going to let reviews impact their decision, good or bad.

from what I've seen, including the Game Explain review, its actually pretty good. Some control issues, but it looks overall nice and a good package. I wish I had the cash to get it so me and my friend could go on our little spook fests XP

but removing the bikinis? :/ I mean, I don't often use costumes like those unless I want a good laugh at the costumes (hello Resi Revelations 2 costumes), but that feels a bit silly.

Kojima has officially left Konami. Hopefully off to find or create better working conditions, though that's not what some random no name asshat of a developer had to say to the New Yorker.
Honestly, I am not so sure that any threat to yet another shouting, shooting game full of American grunts saving democracy from the wiles of dark-skinned terrorists is any great loss to the art.
Why even bother interviewing this person? Why bother printing it?

Last edited:
So... about Kojima's departure...

"A departure ceremony was held for the Metal Gear Solid creator with about 100 guests in attendance, but Konami president Hideki Hayakawa or CEO Sadaaki Kaneyoshi were not present."
(source: http://gematsu.com/2015/10/hideo-kojima-left-konami-october-9)

I say there's something personal in all of this.

It was a goddamned 30 year employee! and an important one too! No president would "just" skip the farewell.

I just nailed a 1 credit clear of my favorite beat em up ever

I swear, this is the only 2d brawler that feels as nuanced and replayable as a Platinum Games title to me. So damn good. Capcom's magnum opus for the genre (alongside Armored Warrios and DND: Shadow Over Mystara).

Congrats. I recently, last Saturday, did a 1CC on Violent Storm. One of the underrated Konami 2D brawlers.

Congrats. I recently, last Saturday, did a 1CC on Violent Storm. One of the underrated Konami 2D brawlers.
Oh yeah, I remember that game had an interesting combo system from what I played of it. Always wanted to spend more time with that one.

Pathologic had a rerelease on Steam/GOG today with fixes and a new translation, which is awesome if you know what Pathologic is.
Pathologic is a game where you investigate a town that is being affected by a strange plague, there are three playable characters, but only one story mode, each character has a different experience and interactions based on who they are and how people react to them (The heir to a local shamen, a doctor and a girl who appears to be a messianic figure), the story lasts over 12 days where you will have many quests, main quests for uncovering the mystery, side quests for money/items, usual video game stuff. The game is very interesting though, it's a very dark journey and one people should look into, it's kind of hard to figure out how to explain things because I don't want to give anything away.
If you don't care about spoilers but you want to know why the game is interesting there is actually a good write up on RPS. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/04/10/butchering-pathologic-part-1-the-body/

Ice-Pick Lodge makes very unique games and should be checked out more, here's a summary of the set up for their second game The Void to give an idea of what they make, without having to talk about Pathologic.
The player takes on the role of a lost soul that accidentally lingers in a place called "the Void" before meeting its absolute death. The Void is a purgatory-like place, in which the most valuable thing is Color, a liquid that represents lifeforce. Color is scarce, and the void's inhabitants are plagued by famine. These inhabitants are beautiful naked Sisters and monstrously deformed Brothers; two conflicting factions that the player must interact with. Color is a universal resource in the game — it functions as the player's health, armor, stats and ammo.

For those of you that liked Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, some good news.
Paradox Interactive (Makers of Magicka and Crusader Kings), have bought White Wolf RPG (Owners of pretty much every World of Darkness thing), from CCP (EVE online guys)
Article/Tweet are here
Good news since we might get some video games out of it.
But the bad news is it's unclear what'll happen with the actual Tabletop RPG things
Brighter Side
Obsidian's already shown interest in making a game

Reactions: Aden
Paradox is pretty cool, other than when it comes to DLC, this could go well.

Not sure if anyone cares, but does anyone remember the "forced perspective" puzzle game tech demo a lot of people were talking about last year? Here's some recent gameplay footage.
I've been interested in this project for a while as I love clever puzzle games. This really doesn't seem like something you can make a good game and varied puzzles with, though, but it still is interesting.

Odin Sphere limited edition is PS4 only in NA. Comes with, among other things, the hardcover art book the Japanese get, you get a softcover version for pre-ordering on any system.

Reactions: Jutsei
Also they're making a new Valkyria Chronicles game as well as a(nother) remaster of the original for PS4. Hope this means that there's a chance for the other games to appear on PC at some point.

I'd post a link but the one I read was in Japanese, and there's probably tons of English writeups out there by now.

Guess who got a Playstation TV as an early christmas gift? Going to finally be able to play Dangan Ronpa 2 so I can end this media blackout I've been under for years. Also planning on getting Muramasa so I can play the DLC missions (I already beat the Wii version but I like the game enough to buy it a second time).

That being said what are some good vita recommendations?

Persona 4 Golden
Virtue's Last Reward
Freedom Wars
Toukiden

and if you're in a good arcadey mood:
Zen Pinball 2.

Did you have a PSP? Because other than what's been suggested I've got nothing else except fighting games you should play on a system you can plug a stick into anyway and Dragon's Crown, which since you brought up Muramasa I imagine you're aware of.

I can't remember what's on PSP vs PSP Vita, but Ys Seven and Ys Memories of Celceta are great.

Also recommend Ys Oath in Felghana and Trails In The Sky (from the same developer) on Steam too. Falcom rocks.

$100 for a physical copy? What?

all I want, is for him to be professional during the development of this game.

no fucking parties when he himself says his company is on a tight budget
no drama during the game's development
and please, do not repeat the debacle that was the sock puppet joke AND it's aftermath.

that's all I want Tim.
please.

Also the last kickstarter that he poorly managed the funds for raised exactly that amount - 3.3 million. It's like he's deliberately trying to rub it in people's faces.

tumblr_inline_nyukt2vQiX1t0gq1l_540.png

I love Psychonauts, but seriously? This got 1.5 million that fast? Do people just actively ignore the past or something?

I don't typically wish bad things on others, or for games to be bad, but giving money to this project pretty much means you deserve to be burned by it.

Fucking Last Blade 2 on PS4, and Yakuza 0 getting localized, this week has been great for video games.

Fucking Last Blade 2 on PS4
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I assume it's just a straight port, but damn that is good news.

I assume it's just a straight port, but damn that is good news.
Vita as well, I mean, if it's a straight port that's great news, but I'd be shocked if they didn't add online.

If only they'd add LZ's controller driver.