• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Help Advertise Indivisible!

@TetsuNoHitsuji I suggest you to take a look at the Incarnation Reveals thread, there you'll find Samurai/Battle Nun. I've been reading some comments about the campaign could have been different on Kickstarter, but I don't really see the difference. Can anyone explain why some people think Kickstarter is better than IndieGoGo, please?

@TetsuNoHitsuji I suggest you to take a look at the Incarnation Reveals thread, there you'll find Samurai/Battle Nun. I've been reading some comments about the campaign could have been different on Kickstarter, but I don't really see the difference. Can anyone explain why some people think Kickstarter is better than IndieGoGo, please?
I think it has something to do with flexible funding and taking your money right away? Also, since Kickstarter's become a generic term for crowdfunding, the alternative's already at a reputation disadvantage. Maybe it comes across as "the generic-brand bagged cereal of crowdfunding." Which, hey, I grew up on bagged cereal, so I don't know what their problem is...

It was the fact that IGG payed out faster. They've said that if they had it on KS for the Squiggly, It would of taken much longer due to later pay out. Also KS doesn't take the money till the campaign was finished. Meaning people could "back out" without actually backing out if they didn't have the money, resulting in less money. With IGG's direct take means the money's there. When the campaign finishes, it's dumped onto LZ. If it fails, it's returned to the people. No loss, all gains.

Reactions: gluemchen
Thank you guys. IGG looks way more flexible and better, but I suppose KS became synonym of crowdfunding, that's why people prefer it over IGG. Still, I think we're slowly gaining a more steady pace, so let's keep it up! We'll probably reach $550k in a couple of hours, so prepare yourself for Battle Nun!

We'll probably reach $550k in a couple of hours
If only I were so optimistic.

I mean, there has to be an elusive something we're missing. Why did all the other campaigns have such a meteoric rise? I wasn't paying attention at the time- what have we missed? What's wrong- this campaign is everything people were asking for for such a long time, what gives? We have Iga on our side now. We've had decent Youtube and Kotaku/Destructoid coverage now. There've been Twitch streams. Granted, I haven't been able to get to the top of /r/gaming, and frankly I don't know how to pull that off, but there has to be something better. There's more to the internet than Reddit, Tumblr, and Youtube. We have Zone! We even somehow include and avoid fanservice at the same time! All those other campaigns were word-of-mouth, right? I appreciate everybody's help, and by every element that was mentioned for previous campaigns, we should be doing a lot better. I don't get it. I really don't.

And this is just the stress of a random fanboy! Hell, I'm mostly in this for the development streams and the vague chance of a sequel to a game I try not to play very often! I can't imagine what Lab Zero's going through...

Reactions: ajtpak
We'll probably reach $550k in a couple of hours,
With the way the campaign is going, it'd probably take longer. I wonder if LZ could just relaunch the campaign again? I really don't want them to go under if this doesn't get funded, and I really really hope the game gets funded.

Last edited:
I think one of the issues is the price to backer ratio.

If we look at the stats regarding finished campaigns it is:
Bloodstained:
$5,545,991
64,867 backers

Copy of the Game tier:$28

Mighty No. 9:
$3,845,170
67,226 backers

COG tier:20$

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero:
$776,084
18,558 backers

COG tier:12-15$

Shovel Knight:
$311,502
14,749 backers

COG tier:$10

Now look at Indivisible:
Indivisible's COG tier:30$
Backers: 8,453(as of 10/30/2015 at the halfway point)

Assuming that everyone who was interested in the game bought only this tier the total is 50,000 backers
but we already hit the 1/3 mark so we need 33,000 more backers for this campaign.

so the total would estimate around 41-42,000 backers needed for this campaign.

if you see the stats Lab zero is probably as well known as yacht club games or wayforward somewhere around that level of fame anyways.
The amount they're expecting to raise is already twice the amount wayforward got, more than 2x the amount of backers and the price for an incentive tier is 2x the amount as well.

if we make the general baseline for an average backer the full digital tier $60:
we get a backer amount that's more realistic considering Lab Zero's reputation around 25,000 backers total however we've now raised the bar to 60 bucks.

Quite frankly if you compare the numbers you see that Lab Zero is asking for the amount of backers that a big name like iga or inafune got at the level of fame and knowledge of an indie team. This is also besides the fact that the campaign is hosted on indiegogo, a site that's not as well known as Kickstarter and isn't monitored as often either.

If you look at the stats we got right now we're actually IN the curve compared to the small budget development teams(halfway point and 8,453x2=16,906 backers by the end) the issue is that Lab Zero has put more pressure on the fans to come up with the money. It doesn't matter that Lab zero is making a Longer/filled out more game compared to the others or that it's more visually appealing. The fact is that Lab Zero as a company has not built enough of a reputation to attract people to back their campaign as fast as the Big names. There is only one game under their belt: Skullgirls and as much as I love the game and the company it still doesn't change the fact that they've made only one game.

Conclusion/What Do?

The same thing we've already been doing. Let people know the game exists, invite them to try it, praise it, spread the word etc.. It's not that the campaign isn't doing WELL it's that statistically we've been given a bigger hurdle to overcome. I honestly don't know if we should take a more aggressive approach to alerting news/youtubers about this campaign but most likely we're gonna have to do twice the work the other campaigns did for advertising(if only real life followed math so easily). Just get out there and notify youtubers,streamers, whoever might be interested. Just keep pushing forward and we can get it funded.

So basically, their mistake was to be honest? C'mon, give me a break, if they disband, I will hate the game industry forever. Just keep throwing your 50 dollars at that glitchy Batman Arkham Knight. There's still time, anything can happen, and they might extend the deadline.

So basically, their mistake was to be honest? C'mon, give me a break.
People don't like companies being honest with them. It's been proven before. I don't know what'll happen here though, maybe it'll be different.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
this guy has a pretty solid video on Indivisible, even mentions how Skull girls kickstater over delivered. Really emphasizes how Lab zero works hard on their games.

Last edited:
I'm sure LZ knew the risks when they started out.
People don't like companies being honest with them. It's been proven before. I don't know what'll happen here though, maybe it'll be different.

All that really says is that a lot of people bargain hunt just because they enjoy bargain hunting or are incited by the appearance of a "good deal". Not because they actually need to save money. Just look at all the people who end up with a million games in their steam library that were bought on sale and never played.

Just look at all the people who end up with a million games in their steam library that were bought on sale and never played.
While this maybe true for my case, I never got around to most of mine due to watching my disk space. Steam folder is already 500Gbs, leaving my hard drive at 100GBs (with everything else, as I have a 1TB). So I've been picking which ones I wanna play then download. But every game that I did buy, either bargain or not, I plan to play cause they was games I wanted.. not cause "dude, sweet deal."

Now, my Humble Bundle Page is another story lol

Y'all are just driving yourselves into some sort of despair spiral. Seriously, go do something else for a while.
"Woe is me and the campaign" posts do little except feed other people's worries and make everyone depressed.
Agreed, seriously, I get things are tough and we need to look at the situation, but knock it off already. Yes, we know the hurdles we have to climb, but if you keep on feeding into negativity and just doing nothing but repeating it day after day, it's going to bring us all down.

Besides, we need to look forward to the PS4 prototype, I'm sure it will help tons, especially with the Japanese gaming community. And look at the campaign's pace: yeah, sure, it's still slow, but this weekend has been way better than the last one, so maybe people are starting to feel the pressure of an imminent deadline.

Edit: Keep spreading the word, keep sharing the grumps, Jim and Two Best Friends videos! Some people in the comment section of the campaign said they pledged after watching those, so we need to keep pushing forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
While things maybe grim, just keep pushing it. Hell, I literally went broke, twice, to donate.
untitled.jpg
Only money I get is from Youtube videos.. and that's not much at all honestly.. but damn it I want them to have it. They need it more than me right now. Yeah, it's $6.. but damn it, it's $6 they can use!

That IGA banner Alpha made is pretty eyecatching. It'd be great to spread it around some more. If only we could get a few big names to retweet it, or maybe get a streamer to put it up during BRB moments.

Btw, I've noticed questions are starting to pile up in the Campaign comments. People have done their best to sort things out so far, but could @Ravidrath / @render mind dropping in?

It is correct in the statement that people clamor for something, and then when they actually get it, a lot of times they either aren't satisfied, don't support it, or act indifferent. It's a herd mentality of calling for change but don't put in the singular effort to institute the change. It's an actual psychological and sociological premise.

On topic, Indivisible has a lot going for it, but I'm wondering if there aren't some other things we could do to get that extra cash..

I've seen people hating on L0 just because they considered Skullgirls sexist or nothing but fan service, but then again, those guys don't even know how tho properly play a fighting game, they just love to whine. Others say L0 is trying to get the Steven Universe fandom attention... just because Zebei reminds them of Pearl. There are a lot of stupid people out there that just open their mouth to shove food in and talk shit.

It's a herd mentality of calling for change but don't put in the singular effort to institute the change.
That's true, but I also think that's why Indivisible's support base is a bit different. This project isn't attracting the people that like to move in herds and flocks, it's attracting people that want to support a game for their own reasons. They hear about it from someone they trust, but because it doesn't look familiar to them, they decide to check out the prototype for themselves. Then, they enjoy it enough, that it convinces them to step out of their cozy Kickstarter cabin to hang out with us by the Indiegogo fire. We're all a tad chilly out here, but things are slowly warming up.

So yeah, as frustrating as it is to read some people's comments surrounding the game, it's still pretty awesome to see that over 8,000 people have showed up to support a project they genuinely believe in. That's how a community is made.

While having a playable prototype is a fantastic way to spread the campaign around the web, I'm pretty sure that having the possibility to try before buying (=donating/preordering in that case) makes a lot of people to hesitate. "Oh, I will try it when I have time" and they end to never try in the end. Some of them will donate at the very last moment, though.

(edit: i realised that I already said that earlier here but I wanted to point out the fact that this campaign certainly has "missing" backers that will take the decision to donate when they will no longer have the time to try the prototype)

You gotta love people's logic, then. At least I'm expecting Battle Nun to be revealed tomorrow thanks to the current campaign's pace. Yes, still slow, but considering how awful the last weekend was...

"Help advertise Indivisible" = / = " Im very frustrated about Indivisible, this is my story how im not helping advertising Indivisible, let´s all have circle talk about."

Im not trying to be a douchebag, but please people instead of NOT helping advertising Indivisible why we keep posting depressing post here? I´m totally on @Cellsai argument, go other sites, read a book, play a game, but pls no infect others that´s are actually helping of negative feelings and stress.

Obviously everyone here want the same think, Indivisible Funded, being only here 7/24 doesn´t gonna make that happen.

Reactions: Ryin
I sometimes get desperate too, but then I come here and read positive posts from some users and friends and I feel much better. Besides, the PS4 prototype is a very good move, because other users that prefer playing on their console will be able to play the prototype themselves, and the best of all, it will reach a bigger section of the Japanese gaming community.

While the Ps4 version launch is an interesting sign, I sorta feel it's a bit late. But still hoping it pulls through..

It would only be too late if it went up after the campaign was over. For the large group of people that are just now discovering the game, it'll be right on time.

I AM desperate, which is exactly why I'm consistently talking to others about it. I'm not panicking and getting nothing done, I'm working to make my fears amount to nothing.
No luck with any of the people I've been contacting. I know a lot of minor Youtubers, but most either have their hands tied, or don't have an income they can use to donate. I'll have to try others...

BTW, has anyone contacted Phantom Savage or The Autarch of Flame? Savage is a great guy and both are working on Fiona Frightening. Savage's Let's Plays are also very entertaining, he may be able ot make a unique spin on the prototype. He was next on my list after I didn't get a response from the Autarch about Indiv. They aren't the biggest Youtubers, but its what I can do, so Ima do what I can.

So people are familiar with James Rolfe? Or the AVGN. Well his buddy Mike Matei usually does a game stream every night, and you can donate something to cinemasscre to get your comment the top viewed one, in which case he'll most likely see it.

We could use this as a way to tell him about Indivisible and possibly maybe get Indivisible on Cinemasscre? (He sometimes does Indie game videos, so that could probably help a lot)

Reactions: Cas Chronon
Is that the guy who doesn't even take a shit if he doesn't have to and sees futures in balls?

Looks like Lab zero is going to be doing an AMA on reddit, Wednesday, November 4th at 3:00 PM PST. This will definitely help a lot. Although I do have to say, maybe they should've done this a little bit earlier. Still, better later than never. It feels like all this should've been done a little bit earlier. I'm still really glad they're doing it though.

Reactions: erkicman
Ugh, not having a Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr makes contacting ppl haaaaard. It feels like nobody really reads those YT pms...or ppl are passing over them when I send em out ;_;

why not make a twitter? It just takes a few minutes.

Because I'm at school atm and haven't had much need for one till now

why not make a twitter? It just takes a few minutes.
Because I'm at school atm and haven't had much need for one till now
Plus, there's a big difference between having a Twitter and having a Twitter audience. Source: When I deleted my old Facebook thinking I could just migrate the contacts a few years ago, and consequently lost touch with a whole bunch of people.

has anyone poked Dodger from "Press Heart to Continue"?

She talked about Them Fighting Herds so I don't think it's outside the question she would be willing to play/talk about the prototype.

Okay guys, this is my first campaign to be a "part" of, so excuse any ignorance i may have at the moment, and feel free to correct me on anything im about to say. We have 12 days to raise 1 million, give or take some. Im not trying to be depressive or anything, but with the rate its moving at right now, its not going to happen, its just not. i think youtube is our best option here, i left a polite comment on marks channel asking him to take a look at it, but it's more than likely that he didnt see it. We need to get some BIG people to know about this, and the only way that they WILL take a look at it is if thats what their audience wants, as in, a lot of people ask for it. Im not saying we go raid every single popular youtuber and bombard them with indivisible, but we should target a more known person that is realistic to take a look at it, together, as a community. i honestly believe that if we all came together and advertised it as a whole it would help more. What do you guys think?

left a polite comment on Mark's channel? You mean you sent him a pm via youtube? Because if that's it then Mark would totally not see that. The guy's inbox is constantly flooded. Anyways, I still don't think Mark is the answer, his target audience is well, the horror people and young teenagers. No I sent Maximilian an email just me basically telling him that Lab Zero has taken two of his favorite games and fused em together and that he should try it out.

Idk in the end it's up to these people to do it or not. And we really shouldn't be sitting and waiting for them to get up and do it. This is why I suggest a huge fund raising stream where people sign up for a SkullGirls online or (offline if it's at salty) tourney (like throw in 5 bucks or something idk) and all the money raised will go to the indiegogo.

Reactions: Magma442