• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow jeez this took years to make (Im so out of practice with Capcom styled sprites)
tumblr_mwl3stlwEO1rwxvn2o1_250.png
tumblr_mwl3stlwEO1rwxvn2o2_400.png

PALETTE SEPARATION AND PALETTES EVENTUALLY

I dont know what kind of palette separation Lab Zero will give her, but I pray for the ones who are in charge for doing them. (First one is the separated sprite)
tumblr_mwl8w7s1gL1rwxvn2o1_1280.png

Would have made more palettes but I didnt feel like it

Reactions: SkullMan and DDB
They aren't working on Eliza on stream anymore.

So anyone catch the stream when Eliza was on it? Was anything revealed?

That Mariel can't stream.

I missed out. Annie, rescue me.

Reactions: DDB
When a specific material is considered, its liquid form is less "concentrated" and therefore less dense than its solid form, hence weighting less per unit of volume (exception: water and mystics). Specifically considering the human body, though:

kcmUW7R.png

This is going to be quite a simplification, but it's better than nothing.

The density of a humans body is more of less equal to that of water (1.000 g/cm^3), with it being composed of tissues lighter (fat) and heavier (muscle, blood, bone) than water. Assuming Sekhmet's total volume and density is that of a normal skeleton, we take bone out of the picture and get to "Volume of blood (Eliza) = Volume of blood+muscle+fat (normal human)".

We replace muscle with less dense blood, but also replace fat aka the only lighter than water ingredient with blood as well, so yes, I'd say it's safe to assume Eliza is heavier than she would be if she was a normal human.

Last edited:
Blood for the Blood Goddess!

Eliza rules. /thread

Ok, any news about her? I can't wait to see more. And now I'd like Mariel to voice her, it would be outstanding. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to support her.

Big Band seems not so far from completation, so maybe we can see more Eliza in early 2014?

Blood for the Blood Goddess!

Eliza rules. /thread

Ok, any news about her? I can't wait to see more. And now I'd like Mariel to voice her, it would be outstanding. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to support her.

Big Band seems not so far from completation, so maybe we can see more Eliza in early 2014?
I have high hopes for near the end of December.

When a specific material is considered, its liquid form is more less "concentrated" and therefore more less dense than its solid form, hence weighting less per unit of volume (exception: water and mystics).
I derped a bit up there. Fixed now.

cRo7FIy.png

Haha joke's on you I made my own.
Lovin' The annie Palette, but I've personally been waiting on either an Annie palette for Filia, or an Annie palette for Parasoul.

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
Or maybe even Peacock? Peacock and Parasoul bein' huge Annie fans and whatnot.

I'm kinda confused as to what her eye color is... During the voting it was pitch black, but now it's an Icy blue

I believe her early concept art for her and many characters the eyes can be just black, but once a designs finalized they sometimes are given eye color, in her case blue ^^

Some things about Oujo-sama received some retuning since the heydays of IGG. A diva has to look her best, after all.

DLC_Eliza.png

LQdCxNS.png

Her headpiece got entirely redesigned and I could swear her hair is now shorter, but it could be from the angle given how in the newer illustration her head is slightly tilted downwards...but I don't think so. Mayhap to avoid similarities with Ms Fortune?
I guess it was to be expected given how Eliza was among the IGG reveals whose picture looks "sketchier" (like Taliesin) while others like Ms V, Dahlia, etc it's almost like we're looking at a in-game sprite of them.

All that said, where's the Eliza model sheet I've been hearing about? I NEED it! How am I expected to properly praise my Oujo-sama if I know not the subtleties? OTL

There ain't nothin' subtle about your oujo-sama, man. She makes herself fully known.

there is a move concept sheet out already?

who said anything about moves?....were talking about design.

If there's any moves of hers all designed and concepted I would love to see em.

we got one for big band a lot earlier in squigly production

...not everything will play out the same death, all I can say is eliza holds a lot of promise and all we can do is hold out and wait for more details on her to come into the light, which might be sooner then we think.

There ain't nothin' subtle about your oujo-sama, man. She makes herself fully known.
*drops monocle* How daaaaaare youuuuuuuu??!!!?

In all seriousness, the model sheets are quite the fountain of wisdom for many a aspiring artist. A lot of the simplified shapes and annotations are very interesting.

we got one for big band a lot earlier in squigly production
True, that collection of attack concepts. But yes, I meant a simple model sheet. I do believe it was first brought up in the 86'd topic in the art section.
Alas, as a console peasant, indulging in the arts is what is left for me.

...not everything will play out the same death, all I can say is eliza holds a lot of promise and all we can do is hold out and wait for more details on her to come into the light, which might be sooner then we think.
I find your lack of devotion quite disturbing. Didn't this kind of talk earn you a iron clad bible to the head before?

(I'm just goofin' around. It's all good.)

dont you mean all of the LEWD Eliza art?
A maiore ad minus :3

I said sooner then we think Sir Balder ^^; if you think I don't wanna support eliza you are gravely mistaken.

I'm sure this isn't news, but just to post it here so everyone can see. According to skullgirls wiki, her gameplay influences are...

• ABA (Guilty Gear series)
  • T.O.P. system (Garou: Mark of the Wolves)
  • Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers/Vampire series)
  • Nanase (Street Fighter EX3)
  • Anakaris (Darkstalkers/Vampire series)
  • Litchi Faye Ling (BlazBlue series)
  • Jafar (Aladdin [SNES])
  • Jedah (Darkstalkers/Vampire series)
  • Carmine (Under Night In-Birth)

What is most interesting is the TOP system influence. For those unfamiliar...

T.O.P. Mode
Tactical Offense Position: When selecting your character, you can designate a 1/3 portion of your life bar for T.O.P. When your character's health is within this portion you will notice that your character will begin flashing. The following benefits become available to you once you are in T.O.P.:

• Enhanced damage to all of your attacks
  • Faster meter build up
  • Slow regeneration of your health bar (however, it doesn't regenerate past the T.O.P section)
  • T.O.P. special move becomes available

T.O.P. sizes other than 1/3 of a life bar are available in home console versions of Garou and are usually ignored in competitive play. The shorter the T.O.P. is, the more damage can be dealt (max. of 1.75x), conversely the longer your T.O.P. is, the less damage can be dealt (Min. of 1.25x = standard arcade setting).

+ while in T.O.P. mode only.

All characters in Garou have an extra move that becomes available to them only when they are in T.O.P. (the orange region of the health bar). T.O.P. moves tend to do a decent amount of damage and almost always deal substantial guard crush damage.

I said sooner then we think Sir Balder ^^; if you think I don't wanna support eliza you are gravely mistaken.
But you also said "all we can do is hold out". I mean, we could, you know... *twitching indexes* ...burn the enemies of Eliza to honor her arrival. Something like that. <:3

What is most interesting is the TOP system influence.
Eliza's playstyle speculation describes her thusly:
The ultimate attack-from-disadvantage character. Because of her kinship with her parasite, Eliza can control her own blood. Each time she is hit she bleeds, MK style, and the blood stays on the stage. Certain specials and supers can then use it.

My interpretation is that she might have something akin to T.O.P. set for the last 1/3 of HP. Like, taking damage will cause her to lose more blood. Though I can't say how they'd conciliate that with whatever they might be borrowing from A.B.A and Carmine.
Honestly, and this really goes to all speculation lists, I feel some names got thrown in there just to fill space or for very minimal inspiration that might not be more than simply thematic. In this case, Anakaris because Egyptian and A.B.A/Carmine/Jedah because blood. Not saying it's the specific case of these though.

A little difficult for me to find things to speculate over (but there are plenty of them given how complex the character has been described to be gameplaywise) since this character is underway. I mean, I still remember when we first started discussing the character and I wanted her to have status ailments, akin to Val's poisons but with crazier effects like input scrambling or the opponent's attacks build meter for her.
Nonetheless, very intrigued by this:
Tumblr_mjxv2ugrzw1s4c693o3_400.jpg

This would be Eliza when Sekhmet is being controlled. I assume the ankh robe tightens up to keep everything together. Also, almost certain those strips are her skin and the blood is inside.

Since Garou got brought up, shoutouts to Grant. Such a great character that never made it past one, admittedly excellent, game.

Last edited:
Improved chance of TOP system or ABA playstyle?
edit: crap, how do you embed tweets into a comment? Screw it, did it a crappier way

Mod edit: Just paste the link to the tweet, and the forum software takes care of the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
So Eliza in 6 months then :(

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.

3ZyCGMv.png

250px-Skarlet_renderfinal.png
OH MY GAAAAAAAAWD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! so much yes!!! I hope that palette makes it in-game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.