• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU PAGAN! THAT IS NOT THE FULL RESOLUTION!! (╬ಠ益ಠ)

I jest, I jest. A Emperor's ransom of internets for having brought this to my our attention.
Having said that...

e08.gif

Just the thought of all the Oujo-sama we shall be blessed with in the months to come...I'd be fangirling if my motor wasn't running like it is right now. :3

Is it not? I'm not sure because I'm using my phone lol

She's taller than I expected.
It's cool to see some progress. Also I'm pretty sure they will adjust her height later on.

I don't think she is going to stay that tall, because at that height she is taller than Big Band and Double

Behold the grace of our glorious Oujo-sama! Moves so elegantly that your unworthy eyes cannot even perceive her steps!
Truly, only a goddess can be capable of such splendor.

The heels, tiara and posture do lend her some extra height. Oujo-sama does not slouch like Hunchrack of Notre-Boobs over there. :P

Oujo-sama is coming.
Look devout.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
She might not be as tall as she looks, it might be her tiara and ankh won't have hitboxes, lke BB's saxpack.
Or they could size her down later, I don't know, it's still a bit too early to really tell.

Never mind the MASSIVE heels that none of the other tall characters have.

Never mind the MASSIVE heels that none of the other tall characters have.
I was gonna say, everybody sees the 8 inch heels she'd wearing, right? If she's already tall, then yeah, that's gonna send her into really tall territory.

I kinda feel like she should be, too. She needs to be regal and imposing, even in her elegance.

Reactions: blufang
I was gonna say, everybody sees the 8 inch heels she'd wearing, right? If she's already tall, then yeah, that's gonna send her into really tall territory.

I kinda feel like she should be, too. She needs to be regal and imposing, even in her elegance.
Yeah I didn't know how to feel about it at first, but if memory serves me correctly, I've always been the most awed by tall women, so I think it'd make sense especially since parasols really the only one who stands fairly tall despite her stance. But I wouldn't mind.

I know there was a convoluted discussion about weight, but HOPEFULLY if she keeps both her "modes," which will be lighter again? And which will (probably) look like what? The animator said something about this technically animating two characters so I'm assuming we can switch over to skeleton/sekhmet mode?

Sorry for all the questions, just a bit lost

I know there was a convoluted discussion about weight, but HOPEFULLY if she keeps both her "modes," which will be lighter again? And which will (probably) look like what? The animator said something about this technically animating two characters so I'm assuming we can switch over to skeleton/sekhmet mode?
The way I understood it was that Eliza would have some kind of buff mode (not unlike hatred install) where she gains new/different abilities, and those would be animated differently than her normal attacks. So yeah, even if they're just repeats of her normals, they'd need to be drawn with bone/tearing flesh, so that'd be nearly twice as many frames as Eliza alone. I hadn't heard about differing weights.

Eliza's lighter mode will probably be when Sekhmet is active since it's basically a unarmed skeleton. Her flesh and blood remain anchored in the staff.
It's a lot more than a "buff". I'm inclined to think she will be a full dual stance character like Gen. There will likely be trade-offs with Eliza being slower but having the blood mechanic and Sekhmet being faster but not having said mechanic (given that she has no blood).

Back to the size issue, all three things combined (tiara+heels+standing perfectly straight posture) give her a extra height boost. Remember that Parasoul wears relatively flat footwear and her stance makes her a tad shorter and Mr Birdland would be even taller if he stood up straight. That outline around her idle frame also makes her seem taller.
I think a good comparison to tell if Eliza is too tall would be Valentine doing Vial Hazard as she stands up straight and on her toes. Also nurse cap.

Reactions: blufang
i still dont think even if she is standing straight up, she should be taller then Big Band

The way I understood it was that Eliza would have some kind of buff mode (not unlike hatred install) where she gains new/different abilities, and those would be animated differently than her normal attacks. So yeah, even if they're just repeats of her normals, they'd need to be drawn with bone/tearing flesh, so that'd be nearly twice as many frames as Eliza alone. I hadn't heard about differing weights.
Oh I see. Yeah from what I'm thinking (and hoping), we'll be getting an A.B.A.-like character, but with Different mechanics. I've never had a chance to really play her or Guilty Gear games in the last few years period, so I can't speak much on stuff, but I REALLY would like a character besides Fortune that had 2 distinct modes :D

But I think the BIG question(s) is:
1. What'll be the input to switch between modes & can you switch in combos!?!?
--- I'm sure whatever the input it'd be fine, but being able to change like after a launcher would be very very cool in my opinion.
2. Will supers change properties depending on mode? (Wouldn't be hard I'm guessing)
--- idk like if you have a flurry of blood in one, maybe it gives you 1/5
Health back in another mode or "blood armor" for a bit.
3. Will assists change to designated move if tagged out in a certain mode? (I hope so!)
--- kinda like how squigs specials take on charge properties if charged, fortune if she does/doesn't have her head, & painwheel if she's installed.
4. Will there be a time-limit in one of the two modes? (I hope not!)
--- maybe instead a very very slight degeneration of health (125 damage every second? Making 1.25k damage every 10 secs?)
5. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GWT CHRONA FROM "SOUL EATER" AS A PALETTE?!?!? I dare someone to say that chrona-fied Eliza doesn't completely work lol

okyS4qc.png

--- what do YOU guys think about what I mentioned above?:) any more interesting ideas? Check out this character guide on ABA & lemme know if you like any mechanics from it you think she should have. I didn't do the video either so it's not self-promotion lol

P.S. I can't remember, but will she be able to recover health? I forget
EDIT: yeah I read in wiki she does recover health. Do you think she should have a Blood Kain? Kind of like ragna in Blazblue that subtracts health but grants health on hit w/certain moves? Like regaining 10% of inflicted damage? E.G....below - @5:40 mark (this relates back to question 4)

P.P.S. If you haven't watched Soul Eater, & like anime with a healthy cast of characters, little-to-no filler & exciting action in a shounen minus the whiney/annoying protagonists that gets straight to the point...watch this show. Seriously. I don't really care for buying anime because once I see it, I get it, but Soul Eater I have on blu-Ray & plan on getting Bebop when that drops. Take it from me...

Last edited:
Reactions: POS Industries
She might not be as tall as she looks, it might be her tiara and ankh won't have hitboxes, lke BB's saxpack.
Or they could size her down later, I don't know, it's still a bit too early to really tell.
I certainly hopes she remains tall...

Also, Valentine is bending down while Eliza is standing straight up. A better height comparison would be Eliza and Parasoul (although Parasoul isn't even standing straight)

roRtn3r.jpg
I guess the real problem here is that Big Band is too small, I guess Eliza's height really does make sense because she is standing straight up

roRtn3r.jpg
I guess the real problem here is that Big Band is too small, I guess Eliza's height really does make sense because she is standing straight up

Me and my friend actually mucked around with BB and Valentine, BB's still crouching and standing straight up from his LK, he's about a foot taller then Valentine? At least before the shrinkening.

1. What'll be the input to switch between modes & can you switch in combos!?!?
2. Will supers change properties depending on mode?)
3. Will assists change to designated move if tagged out in a certain mode?
4. Will there be a time-limit in one of the two modes?
5. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET CHRONA FROM "SOUL EATER" AS A PALETTE?!?!?
1. If she will be a dual stance character, maybe a simple unique input like LK+MK+HK (and LP+MP+HP to reswitch).

2. Each mode might have it's own supers and specials (maybe two special moves and 2 supers per mode). Furthermore, it's been said (and seen in the prototype video) that spilled blood will affect how special moves and supers work.

3. If she has the option of choosing a assist per mode, thus arming her with two, that could be gamebreaking...assuming people stopped using Updo, of course. :P
Most likely she'll only use one of Eliza's (no Sekhmet assists).

4. Given the talk of how designing this character is effectively as taxing as creating two separate characters, it, sounds, IMHO, counter-productive to reduce Sekhmet's usage to a timed super.

5. Only after GLORIOUS DAI GOTEN MAOU OUJO-SAMA. (custom palette by SpaceCadetKeon)
7oYjLNA.png

Eliza's height really does make sense because she is standing straight up
Plus heels.
That Valentine frame shows Eliza's not the Kyojin people were making her out to be.

Still sad about Medium Band. :(

Plus heels.
That Valentine frame shows Eliza's not the Kyojin people were making her out to be.

you do realize BB is bent over, quite a bit. he just looks smaller because his back is bent so much.

you do realize BB is bent over, quite a bit. he just looks smaller because his back is bent so much.
His legs are also bent at a 90° angle.

Big Bad is huge, even when he's scaled down by 10%.

Her height currently is perfectly fine in my opinion, but if they change her height it better not be by much.

1. If she will be a dual stance character, maybe a simple unique input like LK+MK+HK (and LP+MP+HP to reswitch).

2. Each mode might have it's own supers and specials (maybe two special moves and 2 supers per mode). Furthermore, it's been said (and seen in the prototype video) that spilled blood will affect how special moves and supers work.

3. If she has the option of choosing a assist per mode, thus arming her with two, that could be gamebreaking...assuming people stopped using Updo, of course. :P
Most likely she'll only use one of Eliza's (no Sekhmet assists).

4. Given the talk of how designing this character is effectively as taxing as creating two separate characters, it, sounds, IMHO, counter-productive to reduce Sekhmet's usage to a timed super.

5. Only after GLORIOUS DAI GOTEN MAOU OUJO-SAMA. (custom palette by SpaceCadetKeon)
7oYjLNA.png

Plus heels.

@1. Pressing all k or p buttons is too much :/ in my opinion at least. I can only play on pad right now and that doesn't really work too well considering trigger/shoulder button use. And definitely seems prone to input-fails within combos :/ maybe a fireball motioned move like squigly.

@2. I'd guess/hope each mode would have more than 2 specials :p I mean squigs has 3 specials per stance charge. My bad, what I mean is thinking outloud if moves will be offshoots of each other with noticeably different properties/animations (like ABA) to still feel unique from each other.

@3. Noo lol I meant like how for example if you were to pick painwheels throw as an assist, it changes when she's installed and assists in. The throw gets super powered but still uses the same input. I don't mean using 2 assists. Just curious of shell stay in her mode that you tag out in moreso.

@4. I agree. I just was using blood Kain as reference to what one of the modes would do inherently. No bar needed. Slight life tap, but gain back life after inflicting damage via small 10% life drain. Like blood Kain being the special mode. The supers being whatever.

Oh and that custom palette...is that based off someone? Not familiar with dai goten maou sama :(

1. I just said 3K/3P based off Gen. I'm a pad player as well so the motion isn't optimal for me either. -_-"

2. I hope so too, again used Gen as reference as well as a "average total amount" of special moves per character. I'm still waiting for Encore to get a hands-on knowledge of Squigly. My impression is that Eliza's special moves and maybe even supers will be entirely different depending on the active mode. If the sketch I linked to in post #114 is something that will be implemented, Sekhmet will fight bare-handed and there's a fair chance the blood splatter mechanic won't apply to her as well. Truly, we can safely say this will be the most elaborate character in the cast - weapon, dual stance and blood splatter. A solid character could be made conceptualized on just one of these aspects. Eliza has all three of them.

3. The question you brought up, if I understood it correctly, is very pertinent - if Eliza as Sekhmet tags out, does the assist change?

5. Oichi from Sengoku Basara, a character I'm exceedingly fond of. In one of the games she's given the title of Demon Queen of the Fifth Heaven (Dai Goten Maou). Sounds weird but if you know a bit of the History of feudal Japan, it makes perfect sense. :3

Nice to see progress on Eliza. Royalty should always be tall. Parasoul is one of the taller characters, and she's a princess right? How can you look down on all the pitiful peasants if you aren't?

Blufang's knows whats up, that's just one more reason her height is perfectly fine.

Was just gonna post that lol
Her walk is so...*_*

I just wanna see her walk next to Cerebella.

Oujo-sama is better than all those tavern wenches and she knows it.

~They see me struttin',
they be hatin'~

Reactions: DDB
Doubt I'm the first to notice, but I just did. The way her head is... where you only see one eye, nothing of the other side of the face.
She's positioned like an ancient Egyptian mural.

1400-15354.jpg

If that is intentional (which I bet is), that is so fricking amazing.

I can finally make Team #Swagwalkin (Peacock, Squigly, Eliza).

Reactions: Smilax
Yeah...that does look a bit excessive.
She could be worse, she could be Cerebella, I don't think it's too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.