• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they're taking so long because they need to add some stuff to her Sekhmet transformation and implement the blood mechanic? That's what I like to think to keep my hype up.
I would really like this to be the case. Especially any news related to Sekhmet mode.

Eliza is looking awesome <3

Nothing new then?, then I'm sure they are keeping the new things for Salty.

Nothing new then?, then I'm sure they are keeping the new things for Salty.

That's what I was thinking.

It was interesting getting a look into the hitbox progress though.
I thought mike did them with the programming.

It was interesting getting a look into the hitbox progress though.
I thought mike did them with the programming.

Well a lot of what she was doing looked like cleanup as there were already hitboxes present on a lot of those, she just seemed to be simplifying or cleaning up the hitboxes that were already present in most but not all of the animations she had been given.

Last edited:
Well a lot of what she was doing looked like cleanup as there were already hitboxes present on a lot of those, she just seemed to be simplifying or cleaning up the ones that were already present in the ones that already had hit boxes present, not all but a lot of them.
Still though, super interesting.
I learned a lot though watching Lab 0's transparent development and it's made me appreciate this game a lot more.

Streams that aren't in Lab Zero's channel tend to go inconspicuous so I appreciate the heads up. Not much up in this one but still managed to snag a few good screencaps.

AIR DASH
7EAJFTV.png

AIR BACK DASH
QO7aSs8.png

Looks like the dress turns into a scarab's exoskeleton and wings.

Side note, it might already be too late to be of consequence, but the topic would have benefited from a short FAQ in the first post. If not just to put a lid on it déjà-vu'ing every three pages. Well, hopefully the Beowulf and Robo-Fortune topics can benefit from that when the spotlight turns to them...

Were these just stills or was it in motion? If in motion, how fast were the dashes?

Were these just stills or was it in motion? If in motion, how fast were the dashes?

It was just individual frames being worked on one at a time. They have to place hit boxes/hurt boxes on every frame of animation so it's not seen moving sadly.

Reactions: Wenzel and blufang
Ok, now I am hype. It can be made official.

Part of me was getting ready for Lab Zero dropping Sekhmet as a mode in Eliza, but I guess they wouldn't be animating a Sekhmet walk at this point were that the case.

Reactions: Wenzel
So then does this confirm Eliza to be a mode change character?

Wonder If Eliza will be similar to Valkenhayn from Blazblue in regard to her transformation. Like, if there'll be a limited amount of time, or a cool down period.

Wonder If Eliza will be similar to Valkenhayn from Blazblue in regard to her transformation. Like, if there'll be a limited amount of time, or a cool down period.

Well she draws inspiration from ABA who had a limited transformation time. So it might be like that. But then that brings up the point that she might lose health by attacking in Sekhmet mode (although she can gain it back by transforming back or absorbing blood or something). But still health loss is meh. I hope its not like that, but I guess I'll have to deal with it if it is.

Well she draws inspiration from ABA who had a limited transformation time. So it might be like that. But then that brings up the point that she might lose health by attacking in Sekhmet mode (although she can gain it back by transforming back or absorbing blood or something). But still health loss is meh. I hope its not like that, but I guess I'll have to deal with it if it is.
I really hope it's not like that. I loved A.B.A, but couldn't deal with her health lost, so I dropped her. I might be willing to work around that for Eliza, though.

I really hope it's not like that. I loved A.B.A, but couldn't deal with her health lost, so I dropped her. I might be willing to work around that for Eliza, though.

Git gud. Also A.B.A regained 80% of her health back with Keygrab, and 120% with Bloodpack. They could work something like that in.

To be honest it's not that bad, you just have to make sure you use the time during transformation wisely and make each hit count. Besides it's not like you're forced to use the transformation and her normals in her regular state looked pretty good so far from what we've seen. Not to mention it may work differently from A.B.A's transformation or the scaling on her health loss could be more reasonable in this game. It won't be exactly the same as A.B.A after all, I'm sure MikeZ would not do that and neither would Alex Ahad. XD

Part of me was getting ready for Lab Zero dropping Sekhmet as a mode in Eliza, but I guess they wouldn't be animating a Sekhmet walk at this point were that the case.
Why would you think that?

I dropped her for the same reason. I had issues managing the modes. I would either try to be safe in normal mode or do stuff in her sacrifice mode and get stuffed, but then again I didn't really have the time to put into the game so I was kinda bad at it. I'm sure I can work with Eliza.

Git gud. Also A.B.A regained 80% of her health back with Keygrab, and 120% with Bloodpack. They could work something like that in.

Yup. That's why I mentioned the probability of gaining it back through blood or something. It would make sense.

To be honest it's not that bad, you just have to make sure you use the time during transformation wisely and make each hit count. Besides it's not like you're forced to use the transformation and her normals in her regular state looked pretty good so far from what we've seen. Not to mention it may work differently from A.B.A's transformation or the scaling on her health loss could be more reasonable in this game. It won't be exactly the same as A.B.A after all, I'm sure MikeZ would not do that and neither would Alex Ahad. XD

True. Eliza looks really good tbh. I can see both modes being very balanced. And no, I know Mike wouldn't let Eliza be a copy of ABA. lol

They shouldn't both be balanced though, or else there's no reason to switch between the two. A.B.A can only move and do damage in Moroha, and a good player can manage the health lose and stay out of Normal mode. Valkenhayn's normal mode is also slow and has no mixup. The whole reason he was a scary character was because of his second mode. Normal mode Eliza should and has to suck.

I never knew that. Anyway, Dizzy 4 laif

They shouldn't both be balanced though, or else there's no reason to switch between the two. A.B.A can only move and do damage in Moroha, and a good player can manage the health lose and stay out of Normal mode. Valkenhayn's normal mode is also slow and has no mixup. The whole reason he was a scary character was because of his second mode. Normal mode Eliza should and has to suck.

Not necessarily. I was looking at it like Litchi's staff, she can work well with or without it and simply be able to do different things depending on whether she has it or not. Not everything HAS to be like ABA. She has other inspirations..

For Balder's files I went ahead and took a cap of this and cropped it out, Eliza charging Sekhmet. XD

View attachment 3155

I was wondering if I should add this, but I figured someone else would. Lazy. lol

Not necessarily. I was looking at it like Litchi's staff, she can work well with or without it and simply be able to do different things depending on whether she has it or not. Not everything HAS to be like ABA. She has other inspirations..

I never thought of Litchi's staff and staffless mode. That type of two modes could be interesting. But there has to be an incentive to using the second mode. That's what I'm getting at. She shouldn't be too solid in normal mode.

I never thought of Litchi's staff and staffless mode. That type of two modes could be interesting. But there has to be an incentive to using the second mode. That's what I'm getting at. She shouldn't be too solid in normal mode.

I would imagine the most likely reason for using Sekhmet mode would be to have more positive frames on recovery and overall faster normals while normal mode is a bit more like Parasoul, solid normals and a lot of multi-hit target combo type stuff with some specials like Servant Summons etc. etc. Basically I feel like normal mode will be better for footsies and neutral game while Sekhmet mode gives you really intense and relentless pressure possibilities.

Reactions: yellowflash26
I would imagine the most likely reason for using Sekhmet mode would be to have more positive frames on recovery and overall faster normals while normal mode is a bit more like Parasoul, solid normals and a lot of multi-hit target combo type stuff with some specials like Servant Summons etc. etc. Basically I feel like normal mode will be better for footsies and neutral game while Sekhmet mode gives you really intense and relentless pressure possibilities.

I guess how Sekhmet compares to Eliza will determine how it's managed. Maybe it'll be for burst of speed and pressure (Valkenhayn) or it'll be so good at facerolling it'll literally start killing you (A.B.A)

Or maybe being in Sekhmet mode will tie into the blood mechanic and how that's used?

I guess how Sekhmet compares to Eliza will determine how it's managed. Maybe it'll be for burst of speed and pressure (Valkenhayn) or it'll be so good at facerolling it'll literally start killing you (A.B.A)

Or maybe being in Sekhmet mode will tie into the blood mechanic and how that's used?

I would speculate on the blood mechanic involvement but we really haven't been told a single thing about it, other than it exists and that was waaaay back during the IGG voting and stuff. >>

Why would you think that?
Having Sekhmet as a separate modes noticeably increases the cost of making Eliza compared to any other char since it's basically making two characters at once. All the additional frames for normals, specials, supers, etc.

People been asking Lab Zero if they can afford to keep Sekhmet as a playable mode, and from what I saw the question was generally either dodged or met with a "we don't know yet" answer for quite a while now. Coupled with how we weren't seeing any Sekhmet animation streams for a long time, crossing out Sekhmet mode seemed as possible as understandable for an observer such as myself.

But then it would be a waste of time and effort if they scrapped Sekhmet Mode. They probably had an idea how to implement her while keeping it under budget during Eliza's early stages

Eliza confirmed Giraffe? first Giraffe in a fighting game

It's a tag team super with Cerebella.

Status
Not open for further replies.