• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

When's a Deku, when's a Goron?
There is a Goron in the trailer, actually, meaning that at the very least Goron's are on the side of the Hyrule Army making it kinda likely there'll be a playable one. The question is though, who?
I'd be fine with any, personally, but I just don't want them to have those rock hard nipples
Gor_Coron.png

WHO WROTE DOWN ON THE DESIGN DOCUMENT
"You know what we need? Rock hard old man nipples."

I want Makar now. He's my favorite character in Wind Waker and Brook is probably my favorite Straw Hat.

S'gotta happen now Ninty.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
If they're picking fan favorites from every Zelda, you can bet your sweet ass Groose will be in.

Unless they pick Fi cause then I'll cry.
Or Ghirahim and then I'll be only content if his Musuo + Focus Super is licking the enemies face
his musou move needs to be like Gan Ning's from DW4 where he just runs super fast with his sword out, but Groose's just flailing his weapon like he's freaking out. his playstyle needs to be good hearted bumbler.

so, a mix of Bulk and Skull from Power Rangers with Gan Ning.

Last edited:
yeah... "hey, listen" is back

and i saw a speech buble with link face on it. he's talking now?

yeah... "hey, listen" is back

and i saw a speech buble with link face on it. he's talking now?

I believe there's a fairy
who may or may not be Navi
who speaks for him and relays commands.

it could be inner monologue.

I'm okay with link not talking but he should at least be able to think to himself.

Alright, time for a bit of explanation of how the supers work.

From what it looks, every character has two supers and one mode:
  • The first is simply done by pressing the Super Button. I'm guessing this will be on the B button on the gamepad. Example: Midna throwing a huge ball of Twilight as a bomb.
  • The extra mode is called "Focus Mode" in this game. It slows down enemies, powers up your attack and makes everything look sparkly. More likely than not, other general-type bosses can do it to, and you'd have to use yours to counteract theirs.
  • There's an additional super available if you use your super while in Focus Mode. This one is your big powerful one that should be done as close to the end of Focus Mode as possible so you can use all your buff and then spend it on the enhanced super. Example: Midna using the Fused Shadows to turn One Winged Angel and nuke the field.

It's a little disappointing, but I guess it can't be helped. I like a lot of different big explosive attacks, but what we've seen looks pretty good anyways.

Alright, time for a bit of explanation of how the supers work.

From what it looks, every character has two supers and one mode:
  • The first is simply done by pressing the Super Button. I'm guessing this will be on the B button on the gamepad. Example: Midna throwing a huge ball of Twilight as a bomb.
  • The extra mode is called "Focus Mode" in this game. It slows down enemies, powers up your attack and makes everything look sparkly. More likely than not, other general-type bosses can do it to, and you'd have to use yours to counteract theirs.
  • There's an additional super available if you use your super while in Focus Mode. This one is your big powerful one that should be done as close to the end of Focus Mode as possible so you can use all your buff and then spend it on the enhanced super. Example: Midna using the Fused Shadows to turn One Winged Angel and nuke the field.
Sounds like Hokuto Musou, where regular Musou attacks are customizable, but the big ones require going into a super mode first.

FAMITSU LEAKS!

First, Famitsu reveals two new playable characters. The first, as far as I can tell, might be Agitha from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. There’s also someone called “Lana”, though it’s unclear who this might be at present

Aside from playable characters, Famitsu also confirms that Argorok – who we’ve seen previously – and Zant from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be appearing in Hyrule Warriors

BUG BATTLER?
Agitha.png

also zant is cool too

Last edited:
Reactions: musica
That
is a lot of TP representation.
I mean, I really like the idea of Agitha of all characters being playable, and TP is my favorite Zelda game, but that'd be, what, 3 characters specific to TP with no characters specific to any of the other games thus far.
It's weird is all I'm saying.

I'm totally fine with all this Twilight Princess represntation, and I do hope there's more than just that.
Just gotta get some Majora's Mask in there too.

Don't forget, there's always the possibility of a sequel where they'll go really apeshit with the characters.

I think this blows open the whole "only 9 characters" thing considering we already have

• Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf (he won't NOT be)
  • Midna
  • Impa (arguably a SS rep)
  • Agatha
  • Lana
That's 7 of 9 (teehee Star Trek) with a lot of games unrepresented. I think this means we're getting a good bunch of them, and this makes me happy

also, Lana?
captain-n_L28.jpg

I now want a Captain N game.

When Nintendo of Japan recognizes him as a thing, which they probably won't.

I just wonder if we'll get any Wind Waker-era characters.
Phantoms would be awesome, it'd just be that Toon Link and other characters would probably clash due to the art style.

There’s also someone called “Lana”, though it’s unclear who this might be at present

Dafuq? Agitha? If she's in than Groose's chances just skyrocketed.

Also, needs more Wind Waker.

She has a huge fanbase in Japan because she's a gothic bug lolita. They love that shit

I'm not sure if Groose has the fanbase in Japan as he does in America. Like, we like him cause he's badass (and actually turns out to be an amazingly likable character after his generic bully phase) but in Japan, the less buff and the more feminine the man is, the more popular they are, sadly. I want Groose as much as the next guy, but Ghirahim is more likely as a SS rep.

also this conversation gave me reason to rewatch this

Agitha, who hails from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, uses a parasol in battle, and can call upon and attack with insects.

Also, Lana is a brand new character. She is a witch who wields a book of magic in battle, and can create barriers to brush away enemies. When the barrier is broken, however, the shock will cause her damage. So she's the blue haired girl from the cover art.

wait wait wait
Lana
as in maybe
Lanayru????? even the barrier thing matches up too. remember what Nayru's Love is???????

Well that's just evil, trapping their heads in water so they drown? Oh my...

I like this c:

better waterbending than the last airbender movie

better waterbending than the last airbender movie

dude i pissed on a rock and the erosion i created from the friction and gravity was better than shamalamadingdong's pooop

also here is an early (and way too small) scan

53a7fdf07394e.jpg

Reactions: musica and Jutsei
So Lana's definitely the chick on the cover.
Agitha just taking her design straight from TP and that's fine.

Also, how'd I know she'd summon a Stag beetle for one of those moves?
Those Japanese, they love them beetles man.