• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

rather than focusing on little details like that
why not focus on the bigger picture here
Impa is playable, and she seems like a really rad lady
so don't complain that your burger has onions when you didn't say that you didn't want them

so don't complain that your burger has onions when you didn't say that you didn't want them
I fucking hate onions
Not even joking
I would send that burger back

well it's your fault
you're the one that didn't ask for no onions

no point blaming someone for not catering exactly to you, since you ultimately aren't the deciding factor in these kinds of things
onions are more popular than your distaste for them

this metaphor went a little off the rails

Point taken, that's actually something that I would say.
I don't like pickles but I would still eat a burger if it had pickles in it, I mean it's still a burger.

She wasn't just like them, though. She had super duper shadow magic, not just shurikens and ninjatos. In fact I don't think she's ever really used shurikens or ninjatos.
Whereas there are not one but two ninjas in naruto with big ass swords and water magic, so it's not like they did it because they just felt like magic shadow ninjas aren't creative enough.
well look at it like this:
  • she's still not like them
  • characters tend to have more than one weapon/style (look at link)
  • There are a ton on ninjas that use shadow. It's like.....basic ninja lore. The way of the shadows and all that jazz.
  • I know you know that there are ninja outside of Naruto, but even in that series there's an entire clan dedicated to shadow manipulation...
  • she's still bad arse

well it's your fault
you're the one that didn't ask for no onions

no point blaming someone for not catering exactly to you, since you ultimately aren't the deciding factor in these kinds of things
onions are more popular than your distaste for them

this metaphor went a little off the rails
You don't understand, I hate onions with a passion.
This isn't even about impa anymore.
You don't know what it's like to hate onions. Half the time they don't put onions on the description of food that's full of onions. Every time I order something that doesn't obviously not have onions on it I have to cross my fingers. And then sometimes I preemptively ask for no onions on something and the waiter gives me a funny look and says "tamales don't have onions" and I just think well you'd be FUCKING SURPRISED because I've ordered tamales that came out draped in onions.

well that's just hilarious
I would feel bad for you, but that's like some Seinfeld shit right there

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
rather than focusing on little details like that
why not focus on the bigger picture here

That comparison is so off.
Ridiculously off.
Almost to the point where the two scenarios have nothing in common except that the hypothetical person isn't fully satisfied with the end result.
You could compare Impa's water powers to stepping in dog shit or getting a gum disease and have it be as correlative as the comparison you just said.

but impa's water powers are cool
water powers are cool
and impa is cool
bad stuff like that isn't cool
impa and water powers are cool
impa with water powers is really cool

I won't deny that water powers are cool, I just don't think they fit Impa.

but impa's water powers are cool
water powers are cool
and impa is cool
bad stuff like that isn't cool
impa and water powers are cool
impa with water powers is really cool

No man, they are.
I ain't got a problem with water powers.

But your comparison made no sense (since saying it's like getting a burger without asking for no onions implies that the individual has complete and total control over the video game market and specific games, and that said individual simply forgot to mention he wanted a specific rendition of Impa or something, while also saying that you can't ask for a video game to be tailored to your specific needs while comparing it to an industry that is meant to tailor things to the individual as opposed to a specific market as a whole).

Nah man what Ruin means is this,

You're getting your fucking burger, it's not going to be perfect for everyone, so stop bitching about what's inside of it.

Nah man what Ruin means is this,

You're getting your fucking burger, it's not going to be perfect for everyone, so stop bitching about what's inside of it.

Except that the individual has the ability to alter the burger to their specific wants whereas they do not have this power in the development of video games so any oversight in the burger creation is the fault of the orderer for forgetting to mention their specific wants while not getting everything you want out o a video game is natural since it has to appeal to a wider range of people, you don't order a burger, ask for no onions, and then the guy behind you gets pissy and says, hey man I wanted onions-

You know I'm beginning to feel like this topic isn't worth constantly harping on.

Box what if it wasn't a typical fast food transaction at a McDonalds, what if it was a barbecue where every burger has to be made the same way and eaten as is because there are no tables where we can properly alter our food?

Just eat your burger you big baby.

Box what if it wasn't a typical fast food transaction at a McDonalds, what if it was a barbecue where every burger has to be made the same way and eaten as is because there are no tables where we can properly alter our food?

Just eat your burger you big baby.

I imagine a slower, sit down and eat, not-fast food chain would be more inclined to alter your order towards specific wants, but that's not even the point to begin with.

I'm not complaining about the burger or the Impa, I'm just saying that the two are not entirely comparable.

And this is such a minor point it's not worth all this debate.

Nah Ruin's metaphor worked just fine, you're just overanalyzing it.

what have I done
what beautiful chaos have I wrought

if I need to explain it

Impa is the burger
you want impa playable, you want the burger

you get playable impa, you get the burger

you get what you wanted, but you don't like exactly how they did it, hence the onions
but it's still like "hey I got this thing I wanted, neat"
so it's like why complain about the onions on the burger when you still got a tasty burger to enjoy
the tasty burger in this case being the tasty impa that we got
is that good enough
are you entertained

Last edited:
I'm just pissed off that I ran out of burger patties today, I was forced to eat shitty ramen.

Cooked on a grill dude, who the hell cooks a patty in a microwave or pot?

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC.

Why does that even matter to you, if you're so concerned about the food I eat then start a private conversation with me and spare everyone the torture. Now back to the matter at hand.

Impa, Best Zelda Character or Best Zelda Character?
Perfect For Hyrule Warriors. Any further playable characters revealed will sadly be overshadowed by her.

Prove me wrong.

Jeez, I was just curious

Groose. you all lose.

zelda and midna looked cute as fuck super hype

also gonna point out that there's 1 male playable to 3 female playables
and 2-3 male characters to 4 female characters
ye

Reactions: SanoBaron
Midna is playable?!

a6dba973aa9de99ab893b3f962e7918f1303840579_full.gif

I'm waiting for complaints about Zelda's cleavage though

Oh shit the wannabe feminists will be all over that.

a boob???????????????
in the video???????????
game?????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Women don't have boobs! how dare Tecmo and Nintendo be so sexist?!

HOW COULD SAKURAI AND REGGIE DO THIS TO MY SERIES
THEY MAKE ZELDA LOOK PRETTY
THEN THEY GIVE THE PRINCESS BOOOOOOOOOOOOBS??????????????????