• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

Alright, no more Shia talk (until we learn more about her)

NEW ENEMIES REVEALED IN AD! They're from a Zelda game that was as of yet un-represented, making this really seem like a huge, time hoping Crossover.

• Twilight Princess Style Darknuts
  • Twilit Dragon Argorok
The fuck that's awesome.
Does that mean Ghirahim or Vaati could show up

The fuck that's awesome.
Does that mean Ghirahim or Vaati could show up

I'm guessing no one is off limits, hence why Aonuma was surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some Big Bads like Skull Kid, Onox or Vaati.

FMV_(The_Wand_of_Gamelon).png

-insert obvious joke-

EXCEPT FOR THAT THAT IS VERY OFF LIMITS

If TP style enemies were revealed, does that mean we have a slight chance of seeing Link's wolf form? Maybe Zant or Midna!? OMG if Zant or Midna show up I might just die, which reminds me my TP broke T-T

if either Zant or Midna come back I will shit my fucking briches.
If someone tells you TP is the worst Zelda you just cut off ties with them.
If I could play as Zant in this game that'd be the best

Reactions: ruins72
If someone tells you TP is the worst Zelda you just cut off ties with them.

Pretty sure it's generally agreed that Skyward Sword is the worst, at least of the 3D ones.
And while I did enjoy the game, I think I agree.

You know what character would be great, even if he's exactly the same as link? The hero's spirit from twilight princess.
That's actually a great idea, though looking at his sword I think he would be quite different from Link simply because he wouldn't have the "sword beams" aspect.

406px-Hero'sSpiritConceptArt.png

You could easily give them similar movesets, but have the Hero's Shade be distinct in animation
showing off more of a stern, experienced style of attack that contrasts Link's more acrobatic spinflippy stuff

Faces of Evil link would make a good character, he can't wait to bomb some dodongos, but will there be a playable Gwonam?

Skyward Sword was the last Zelda game I played and since then I've fallen out of the loop with the franchise as well as all other Nintendo games due to my lack of a 3DS or Wii U. As a result I've had no interest in Hyrule Warriors and I ignored this thread, especially since I've never played Dynasty Warriors.
042.jpg
NOW I'M INTERESTED. Fuck everyone else, Impa's the best.
Her skin should be darker though.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
because impa has never had fair skin
definitely not in OoT
certainly not in the oracle games
absolutely not in every game she's appeared in that wasn't Skyward Sword

I mean, it sort of fits when you think about how it's a fusion of her Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time designs.

That said, yeah, I do prefer tanned blonde over white skin white hair. We can hope for an alt costume, hopefully.

Impa in the Oracle games is shit and in Ocarina of Time 3D she's actually darker than she is in Hyrule Warriors.

There aren't enough tanned characters in video games just let me have this you nerd.

Last edited:
definitely not in OoT

I like how that's the thing in this thread that got you upset and sarcastic.

I think she looks fine. a mix of both her he skin tones is okay in my book.

Gamelon_Impa.jpg

this is my face when you guys argue which impa is correct despite there being many Impas across the timelines
CDi Impa canon?

I like how that's the thing in this thread that got you upset and sarcastic.
I'm always upset and sarcastic
unless fine ladies are involved (though impa is pretty fine I'd watch her beat stuff up)

Reactions: Arcana
I think we should all just get along and let girl-not-Guts get designed how they see fit.

Who is this Guts you speak of?

I dunno. this version of Impa makes me think of Golden Age Guts for some reason. big sword aside, I can't really put my finger on why though.

(what if she's more like Griffith)
jesus imagine that kind of twist in a zelda game

(what if she's more like Griffith)
jesus imagine that kind of twist in a zelda game

broken image is my favorite zelda character

I more want cool weapons over characters.

Like, for instance, Onox would have an AWESOME gameplay style. Axe plus ball and chain would make some INSANE attacks.
General_Onox_Artwork_(Hyrule_Historia).png

Which characters have been confirmed as of so far?

Which characters have been confirmed as of so far?

Playable so far is Link and Impa, with Link having Sword and Fire Rod, and Impa having a huge blade and water magic.

3 enemy generals are also confirmed, but not confirmed if they're playable.

Check out the master post of this form for all the info! I keep it up to date.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Impa having a huge blade and water magic.
When has Impa ever used water magic?
Wouldn't it make more sense for her to use shadow magic?
'Cause you know, Shadow Folk?

???

No idea why she has water magic. Who knows though, it might be customizable. I know a lot of other Warriors games have different weapons give different elements.

Because when the game launches the big twist to every buyer is that it was secretly a Pokemon game all along.
Link is the Fire starter.
Impa is the Water starter.
We just haven't seen the Grass starter yet, but my money's on Midna.

the grass, you say?
why it'll be princess ruto, of course

definitely not in OoT
Actually no, in ocarina of time she's tan. A bit whiter than skyward sword impa but definitely darker skinned than all the hylians there. There's a reason for that- she's not hylian, she's a shiekah.
And that's actually really important because there seem to be two types of impas:
Shiekah impa: Dark skinned warriors that look 25-30 years old.
Hylian impa: Fat White grandmas that are sometimes a mystic but really don't do much.
The only thing they really share is a name and a relationship with princess zelda- one as a guard and one as a simple caretaker.
But the important thing here is that all the fighting impas are shiekahs and all the not fighting impas are hylian. And shiekahs are at least tan.
So yeah, hyrule warriors impa is either the first non-tan shiekah or the first hylian impa that isn't a useless grandma. Or she's half-shiekah maybe? That's probably never going to be explained.
Still a pretty decent design but I agree with denizen that I could do without the white wash at the very least for consistency's sake.

it's a spinoff, man
creative license
I'm still kind of clueless as to why they couldn't make her a magic shadow ninja like every other fighting impa.
I mean it's not like they had to make up a fighting style for her, unless Shiek is in the game and they didn't want impa to play the same as her the whole comically large sword and water magic thing is just a weird and stupid decision. I understand throwing off continuity if it's necessary but how is it 100% necessary for you to fuck with impa's fighting style when she already had a perfectly good one?

Reactions: Denizen
creative license, man
Pretty much this. Why make her like almost every other ninja ever created? Just make sure her personality is right and make sure she's fun to play.

Pretty much this. Why make her like almost every other ninja ever created? Just make sure her personality is right and make sure she's fun to play.
She wasn't just like them, though. She had super duper shadow magic, not just shurikens and ninjatos. In fact I don't think she's ever really used shurikens or ninjatos.
Whereas there are not one but two ninjas in naruto with big ass swords and water magic, so it's not like they did it because they just felt like magic shadow ninjas aren't creative enough.