• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: the official site places her, Wizro and Not!Lu Bu in a place named "Enemy", separated from "Player Character" and furthermore, all the screenshots for these characters are from that perspective, while Link and Impa have screenshots of them fighting enemies.
The only thing that can happen, which I doubt it very much, is a upcoming update being all like "They're actually playable! Ta-dah!" but such a thing has no precedent in the genre. Character places are set in stone...until the expansion comes, of course.
And again, remember KOEI's other licensed Musou games. Hokuto Musou only had 8 PCs (+2 DLC ones) and Kaizoku Musou, 13 PCs. A monumental difference from the Dynasty and Samurai games that easily boast rosters of 40+ PCs.

tl;dr - there's more evidence of her being NPC than PC. Cautious enthusiasm advised.

maybe unlockable bosses. like orochi/orochiX on warriors orochi

Were there big baddies in the original warriors series? Like not "tall man #327" but like the king lizard thing that was shown off in the Hyrule Warriors trailer.

I'm thinking there might be stages centered around fighting bosses like that.

Sengoku Basara 3 had this as a recurring boss in a stage. I'm guessing King Dodongo would function similarly.
N7cOZrl.jpg

Last edited:
Hyrule Warriors - Screenshot & Art Analysis (Secrets & Hidden Details)

but
but
my life long dream of Steve Blum as Link

Every time I see an update for this game I get more worried about how good it's going to be. I wanted a game with dynasty warriors gameplay but zelda's soul. What it seems we're getting is a game with dynasty warriors gameplay and dynasty warrior's soul, but we threw in some legend of zelda characters and settings this time to change things up a little.
Kind of like the other m of zelda, except not as bad because it isn't cannon and they made it very clear that this is supposed to be a spin-off rather than a normal zelda game.
I'm still really curious about it, though. I honestly don't know. I already ordered a wii u so I might pick this up just because I can, but I'm more skeptical than hyped at this point.

Last edited:
well of course it isn't cannon
it's a video game :PUN:
>ruins72 liked this
Christ, ruin, did you make an alt account just to laugh at your own jokes?

Famitsu info. Plot spoiler regarding Shia.

Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda. Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos. Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/a-few-more-bits-about-hyrule-warriors-story/

Famitsu info. Plot spoiler regarding Shia.

Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda. Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos. Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/a-few-more-bits-about-hyrule-warriors-story/
Hey remember what I said about an hour ago about this being like the other m of zelda?
Yeaaahhhhhh... uhhhhh... this is just getting worse and worse for me.

your purchase will be missed
I'll have you know Iwata called me in tears after that comment.
He said he blames me for the wii u not selling and that he wants a divorce.

Hey at least her goal is something more than just generic conquering and shit.
See a thirst for power is generic- it's not fantastic motivation, but it's not terrible motivation either. It's the safe route. It's believable and it lends itself to practically any story or setting without being jarring, even if it doesn't make the character any more interesting.
Although it's not as cliche, this is a step in the wrong direction. It's not a believable motivation, it's more like a PMS joke. "Man that hunk link already has a girlfriend TIME TO DESTROY THE WORLD OR SOME SHIT." Seriously how is this helping you seduce link, does he have a genocide fetish or something? That sort of villain is more annoying to me than jar jar binks.

i don't think she's out to impress him at this point
maybe more like
keep him in a dungeon for a while and use him for purposes
or something like that

Random and possibly unrelated comparisons to universally hated characters aside,

I really don't like the direction this villain is headed.
Aside from generic eye candy seductress-wear (the mask is kinda cool though), now her backstory is playing into catty stereotypes.
Like, oh you know those women, always gettin violent and destructive when someone lays a finger on their man oh hoh hoh.
It's not really compelling to me, maybe just for that reason, the way she seems to be becoming more and more of a female stereotype.
Even a generic thirst for power can be compelling, Ganondorf in Wind Waker was super super compelling, even when his backstory boiled down to I grew up with nothing so now I want everything.

I feel like I'm not explaining this as well as I could, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so properly.

I dunno, Cia's specific character isn't going to make or break the game for me, even if I do hope that they do something to make her backstory better before release, I'm honestly more interested in the gameplay so I'd definitely like to see more of how that turns out as opposed to the characters.
And even then, it's not like they've ruined any pre existing characters yet, Link's been pretty standard so far, and Impa looks fine.
*knocks on wood*

>ruins72 liked this
Christ, ruin, did you make an alt account just to laugh at your own jokes?
I AM MY OWN PERSON!!

Reactions: Horseman
Horseman, give this some credit maybe? Or just a chance? This seems like the only game so far where someone has targeted Zelda with the intent of getting to Link. EVERY other Zelda game is us running after some bad guy because it's our destiny or whatevs to save Zelda.

And why has there not been a Zelda game where a villian comes after that generation's Link? If this is a long line of people destined by fate to save Hyrule or whichever land in question then I'm sure there's at least some way to mess with that. It would take a truly powerful being but come on. That would be a great new twist, at least to me.

Last edited:
it's also a spinoff so you can just not care about it if you want
not like you need to care about everything going on

Reactions: Denizen
That would be interesting to see a game where the villain goes after Link directly and doesn't even bother fucking with Zelda until shit hits the fan. It would be less "Oh no, Zelda's in trouble, Link to the rescue" and more "Link would cause more trouble between him and Zelda, so the bad guy goes to nip that in the bud asap".

Seriously, he's the one always screwing things up for them, so why hasn't it happened by now? Plus this opens up an insane number of possibilities to either shake up how we play as Link now that he's on the defensive, or hell they could even try giving us a new playable character. That'd be a huge risk, but you never know :3

Seriously, he's the one always screwing things up for them, so why hasn't it happened by now? Plus this opens up an insane number of possibilities to either shake up how we play as Link now that he's on the defensive, or hell they could even try giving us a new playable character. That'd be a huge risk, but you never know :3

Haven't we already established that there are multiple playable characters?
Throughout the story mode.
I am actually asking, this is a thing that has been said, right?

I meant in a game that's canon to the Zelda timeline, I guess I could have been more clear about that :/

As much potential as this has to shake things up, it's only a spin-off.

Horseman, give this some credit. This seems like the only game so far where someone has targeted Zelda with the intent of getting to Link. EVERY other Zelda game is us running after some bad guy because it's our destiny or whatevs to save Zelda.
See, but there are a lot of things we've never seen in zelda. And a lot of them are dumb, even if they are new. I'm not about to accept something because "hey at least it's slightly different than normal."
And that's not every zelda game, either. Majora's mask didn't have you saving princesses, and it has the best plot in the series by a wide margin.

And why has there not been a Zelda game where a villian comes after that generation's Link? If this is a long line of people destined by fate to save Hyrule or whichever land in question then I'm sure there's at least some way to mess with that. It would take a truly powerful being but come on. That would be a great new twist, at least to me.
Pretty sure the hero of time pops up awakens as a reaction to a villain showing up. I suppose that link would have to die at some point while defeating the first villain, then another one pops up before the next hero has time to mature? That could be an interesting exception to the rule but it sounds like bad story structure.

That would be interesting to see a game where the villain goes after Link directly and doesn't even bother fucking with Zelda until shit hits the fan. It would be less "Oh no, Zelda's in trouble, Link to the rescue" and more "Link would cause more trouble between him and Zelda, so the bad guy goes to nip that in the bud asap".
I really want to see a zelda game where you actually play as zelda, either because link was captured or died.
There's not really an explicitly stated reason that ganon has to go for the triforce of wisdom first, and if he read up on his history he would know that letting the hero of time grow strong is the reason literally every single one of his predecessors died.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Super Special Nitpicking, but the only Link that was the "Hero of Time" was the OOT/MM Link. :P

See, but there are a lot of things we've never seen in zelda. And a lot of them are dumb, even if they are new. I'm not about to accept something because "hey at least it's slightly different than normal."
And that's not every zelda game, either. Majora's mask didn't have you saving princesses, and it has the best plot in the series by a wide margin.

I know, I'm not saying to accept them per say, but just to give things a chance.

Pretty sure the hero of time pops up awakens as a reaction to a villain showing up. I suppose that link would have to die at some point while defeating the first villain, then another one pops up before the next hero has time to mature? That could be an interesting exception to the rule but it sounds like bad story structure.

Well every time this evil awakens, our Link character has been around for some time, be it as a child or an adult. I have yet to see any villian going around all paranoid, having learned from the past and imprisoning those young men or children. Those most likely to take up that mantle, either by some connection or affiliation with the royal family or something else

I really want to see a zelda game where you actually play as zelda, either because link was captured or died.
There's not really an explicitly stated reason that ganon has to go for the triforce of wisdom first, and if he read up on his history he would know that letting the hero of time grow strong is the reason literally every single one of his predecessors died.

so we're on the same page then :D

This game will be the game Link becomes a man.

Zelda I get, because he might be worried she's related, and that she has other duties.
Midna I get, because she took off before he could make the moves on her.
Malon I get, because he didn't want her dad in the package with her.
Marin I get, because she might not have been real to begin with.
Navi I get, because it's not physically possible.
Ruto I get, because he doesn't like fish.

I understand that he has excuses for avoiding all the other girls in all his previous games...

But now...NOW he has absolutely NO EXCUSE with Shia. If he doesn't go for her then we have to assume he probably has the hots for Ganondorf. Nothing wrong with that, but he needs to man up and do something. No more of this wishy-washy stuff, or "I'm too busy saving Hyrule" bs.

Reactions: ruins72
It's a Goddess getting jealous of the one who did give up her power lifetimes after the fact. For a Warriors game that works. I don't see it working for a full LoZ Game.

Yeah...but it isn't a full LoZ game. It's been made clear that this is only a spin-off.

Alright, no more Shia talk (until we learn more about her)

NEW ENEMIES REVEALED IN AD! They're from a Zelda game that was as of yet un-represented, making this really seem like a huge, time hoping Crossover.

• Twilight Princess Style Darknuts
  • Twilit Dragon Argorok