• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

Beat the first "part" of Story Mode and

Man, the way Ghirahim and Zant treat Ganondorf you'd think this was Dicksuck Warriors
Great, way to make me more butthurt about the Ganondorf twist in Twilight Princess.

Zant was robbed! Zant should have been the final boss of Twilight Princess!! ZANT!!!

Great, way to make me more butthurt about the Ganondorf twist in Twilight Princess.

Zant was robbed! Zant should have been the final boss of Twilight Princess!! ZANT!!!
Zant's a pussy. He had a cool boss fight, but if it ended on his it would have been anti-climactic as hell.

Like holy shit though he's all like "OH GREAT GLORIOUS GANONDORF-SENPAI YOUR MASSIVE MEAT-HOG MAKES MY SPINE QUIVER. THANK THE GODDESSES I CAN CALL YOU MASTER" and Ganondorf's all like "Shut up and kill shit" and Zant (like a motherfucker) just keeps on SUCKIN' DICK AND KISSING ASS.

Ghirahim's chill though.

Zant's a pussy. He had a cool boss fight, but if it ended on his it would have been anti-climactic as hell.

Like holy shit though he's all like "OH GREAT GLORIOUS GANONDORF-SENPAI YOUR MASSIVE MEAT-HOG MAKES MY SPINE QUIVER. THANK THE GODDESSES I CAN CALL YOU MASTER" and Ganondorf's all like "Shut up and kill shit" and Zant (like a motherfucker) just keeps on SUCKIN' DICK AND KISSING ASS.

Ghirahim's chill though.
It wouldn't have been anti-climatic if they just made the Zant fight into what the Ganondorf fight was, ending it with an awesome sword battle and everything.

There was no reason for Ganondorf to be in Twilight Princess. At all. After the Midna's Lament segment of the game (which is my favorite part of any Zelda, and the primary source of my butthurt over the Ganondorf twist), Zant was built up to be a huge threat, but his boss fight was mediocre, and his role as the Big Bad was hijacked by Ganon.

Reactions: BeatNinja
It wouldn't have been anti-climatic if they just made the Zant fight into what the Ganondorf fight was, ending it with an awesome sword battle and everything.

There was no reason for Ganondorf to be in Twilight Princess. At all. After the Midna's Lament segment of the game (which is my favorite part of any Zelda, and the primary source of my butthurt over the Ganondorf twist), Zant was built up to be a huge threat, but his boss fight was mediocre, and his role as the Big Bad was hijacked by Ganon.

I can definitely see where you're coming from on that front.

But at the same time, with the way Zant WAS being built up, the giant twist on his own character was made that much better. It was shocking, out of left field, and it wasn't contradicting to anything else in the story.
It's very similar to the twist in Iron Man 3, which in itself was a big dividing point for fans, but was absolute batshit insane and I love it.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
I can definitely see where you're coming from on that front.

But at the same time, with the way Zant WAS being built up, the giant twist on his own character was made that much better. It was shocking, out of left field, and it wasn't contradicting to anything else in the story.
It's very similar to the twist in Iron Man 3, which in itself was a big dividing point for fans, but was absolute batshit insane and I love it.
But the twist actively deteriorates Zant's influence as an antagonist, and made me lose my primary motivation to beat the villain and save everyone.

As you probably recall, in the Midna's Lament segment, Zant destroys the plot items, almost kills Midna, forces you back into Wolf Form, you have to carry a begging Midna to Zelda in one of the saddest, most emotional moments in all of LoZ, and Zelda (against Midna's will) sacrifices her own life for Midna's. This establishes Zant as a vile freaking villain that has to be stopped.

What did we have to establish Ganon as a villain? He was the reason Zant could do that bad stuff. That is not nearly as personal, powerful, and especially not as creative as the motivation we're given to hate Zant, so I don't feel as motivated to kill him as I did Zant.

Why ruin hours and hours of built up motivation to bait-and-switch it like that? I liked Zant more as a villain than I've EVER liked Ganondorf, and I think Ganondorf is awesome!

Also, in regards to the Iron Man 3 comparison, I feel that it is different because it ties into the movie's message that blindly demonizing the enemy as an evil caricature is wrong. The Mandarin was intentionally built up to the "idealized" evil foreigner, when the true antagonist was a guy in a suit. There was an actual reason for that twist, but Ganondorf replacing Zant added nothing, and took away plenty.

(Also, Zelda's death would have allowed for some really interesting developments towards the LoZ Timeline. Just putting that out there)
I'm sorry about the off-topic spoiler tag conversation. This is just a topic I feel very strongly about, even after all this time. Whether through PMs or a different thread or something of the sort, if there is a less disruptive way in which the conversation could/should be continued if necessary, I'm willing to do so that way.

So, err, favorite characters so far? Sheik is surprisingly an absolute blast, Midna's moves are nice and beefy, Lana with the Deku Stick is great, plus her running animation is almost hypnotic, 'dat skip.

Honestly, I haven't played as one character I don't like.

Link's sword and shield is powerful, but not flashy at all. Ball and Chain or Magic Rod? NOW WE'RE TALKING.

Impa's weapons are both so badass. They both are super over the top and fun.

Both Lana's weapons are awesome too, they have good range and can clear rooms fast.

Shiek's Song of Storms is OP

Midna can FIRE DOG TORPEDOS

Ganondorf is JESUS CHRIST HYPE

Wait, why are we talking in spoilers to begin with, who in this thread doesn't know the twist to Twilight Princess?

But the twist actively deteriorates Zant's influence as an antagonist, and made me lose my primary motivation to beat the villain and save everyone.

As you probably recall, in the Midna's Lament segment, Zant destroys the plot items, almost kills Midna, forces you back into Wolf Form, you have to carry a begging Midna to Zelda in one of the saddest, most emotional moments in all of LoZ, and Zelda (against Midna's will) sacrifices her own life for Midna's. This establishes Zant as a vile freaking villain that has to be stopped.

What did we have to establish Ganon as a villain? He was the reason Zant could do that bad stuff. That is not nearly as personal, powerful, and especially not as creative as the motivation we're given to hate Zant, so I don't feel as motivated to kill him as I did Zant.

Why ruin hours and hours of built up motivation to bait-and-switch it like that? I liked Zant more as a villain than I've EVER liked Ganondorf, and I think Ganondorf is awesome!

Also, in regards to the Iron Man 3 comparison, I feel that it is different because it ties into the movie's message that blindly demonizing the enemy as an evil caricature is wrong. The Mandarin was intentionally built up to the "idealized" evil foreigner, when the true antagonist was a guy in a suit. There was an actual reason for that twist, but Ganondorf replacing Zant added nothing, and took away plenty.

(Also, Zelda's death would have allowed for some really interesting developments towards the LoZ Timeline. Just putting that out there)
I'm sorry about the off-topic spoiler tag conversation. This is just a topic I feel very strongly about, even after all this time. Whether through PMs or a different thread or something of the sort, if there is a less disruptive way in which the conversation could/should be continued if necessary, I'm willing to do so that way.

Like I said, I definitely see where you're coming from on this, I guess I just interpreted the game differently.
I always saw Zant as kinda of ominous, but in a way mysterious. Like he wasn't directly evil, he was behind the scenes vaguely dark and all I knew at the time was that he was responsible for the bad shit and didn't want Link to stop it.
So when he appeared as this clutzy goof of a puppet, it was shocking and kinda funny.
But like, art is half interpretation, so I can't say you're wrong or even that I disagree all that much, I just found it funny where you found it disappointing.

So, err, favorite characters so far? Sheik is surprisingly an absolute blast, Midna's moves are nice and beefy, Lana with the Deku Stick is great, plus her running animation is almost hypnotic, 'dat skip.

Sheik's definitely my favorite,
trapping huge hordes of enemies in Nocturne of Shadows and going straight into super is my new favorite tactic.
I'm beginning to get the hang of Link using his sword 'n shield, Ganondorf is intoxicating in his sheer power.
Fi's about what I expected, her attacks don't have as much punch as I'd like but her mobility definitely makes up for it.
Haven't had the chance to try out Ruto yet.

Reactions: juju_for_president
I really like that, with Fi, you can literally continually dance your way through the battle field non-stop with dash cancels.

Just like, dance dance dance dash dance dance dance dash

She's fun for me. A lot of people say she's terrible and the worst but I have to disagree.

you could say that her dancing is causing something of a
revolution

So I finally got Kokiri Sword IV for Sheik, but uh,
what does Prelude of Light do exactly? There's a giant square of light on the ground, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

you need to believe in it
and most of all
believe in yourself

You're right.
The secret
to this one particular attack
it was inside me all along.
But the question's still on the table if anyone else wants to try and help.

Oh really?
Weird.
Must combine this with Nocturne of Shadows somehow.

Just beat Legend Mode.

Not the most amazing story, but fanservicey nonetheless. It'll be interesting to see what the Master Quest DLC brings to it - other villain campaign? An "After the battle" thing?

So yesterday my friend was like "Hey walk to Gamestop with me"
He doesn't want to walk the round trip of like 30 min alone and he wants to get Destiny
Ugh
So I go with him and decide to play the Hyrule Warriors demo while he looks for Destiny
He sees me doing this and says "hey I didn't know about that"
I say "yeah dude it's pretty cool" and explain it to him
He asks if its co-op and I say yes but only locally
He then buys a Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, Destiny, and an Oreo shake on the way back

While I sit there astounded by his ability to make split decisions like that he sets it up and tells me to buy it
I tell him I planned to already
I suddenly am aware that this is the first co-op game we could play together (that's not a fightan game) since he only has (well has had until this point) a XB One and a PC
Gonna have some fun

Now if only the Groose had been loose
If only

Reactions: ruins72
Best track in my opinion. I've been using this nonstop for Gold Skulltula scavenging.

My game arrived today, a full fucking three days before Amazon predicted.
Played up until the Palace of Twilight, enjoying it a lot, especially Lana.
Though I like how Midna plays!

Got around to playing the game. Finished Legend mode on the first day and obtained all the heart pieces, containers, and 1st set of Skulltulas.

As for Adventure mode, I'm 70% complete with all A ranks so far and items for everyone.

My favorite track in the game would be this song. It's just too eargasmic.

I'm playing co op with my little brother, and I've only played Impa, Midna, Lana and Zelda. Really liked them all. I play Lana the most though.
I...really enjoy the story. It's actually got me rather intrigued.
dunno if this should be spoilered, but i didn't expect to play as the dorf in story mode. Thought that was pretty neato.

so some new info is rolling out

you'll be able to buy all of the Master Quest's content separately, if you want

it consists of the Epona DLC Weapon, a story scenario for Cia detailing the building of her forces, and a new costume for both Cia and Lana, and an expansion to the Adventure Mode map that allows you to get the high level weapons for Cia, Valga, and Wizzro

the costumes are their original form

The free Cia/Wizro/Valga update is out today now, too.

Too bad I won't be able to play it till Friday, but oh well. Tell me how they play!

you can play as both masked and maskless Cia. muh dick

edit: Screens

tumblr_ncpfiuU52U1t6jvvlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncpfiuU52U1t6jvvlo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncpfiuU52U1t6jvvlo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncpeifQsN01t6jvvlo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ncpeifQsN01t6jvvlo2_1280.jpg
8BIT WEAPONS FOR ALL PLEASE

Last edited:
So I'm
assuming that this costume is what Lana and Cia looked like when they were one, yeah?
Has that been said?

Oh.
I didn't watch the cutscenes.
I mean, I watched the animated cutscenes, but the storybook cutscenes with that boring narrator.
I skipped all those.

"so is this a thing"
"the cutscenea say that it's a thing"
"oh i skipped those"

That is essentially how the conversation went, yes.
Am I expected to know things I don't know?

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
That is essentially how the conversation went, yes.
Am I expected to know things I don't know?

You sound like when my brother wants me to help him with his homework

"I don't get this"
"Did you hear about it in class"
"Yeah"
"Did you listen"
"No"

Moral of story: Pay attention in class (and to cutscenes in games with story)

skip all the Street Fighter scenes you want

Bro, I paid attention to the good cutscenes.
Why am I being condescended on for playing a game the way I want to play it?
It's not school, I didn't pay money to learn from the game, I certainly didn't pay money to learn things about the original characters in a crossover.

Guys its okay, let's all just appreciate the one best part of these costumes

They give Lana's book idle VERY visible boob jiggle

thank you based Kekmo Tooie

Does anyone know if Epona gets an alternate costume too?