• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I don't think you're supposed to share the it because the point was to give the SG backers early access, then everyone else can try it Monday when it gets released with the IGG campaign.

Game footage like video/streams I think they want you to go nuts on, though, regardless.
Share it with whoever you want! :D

seems like it's working =3 Also you're welcome Prince XD

edit: One of the things I like is the fact you can actually KNOCK foes out of combat. Rather neat twist and the system keeps up with the fact they are not part of the fight. though the enemy group that's near a cliff in one segment, it you knock some of them off that cliff and onto a small ledge, you can fight em on that little bitty ledge... made some attacks ineffective... and rather humorous.

Last edited:
Dying repeatedly at the boss. What's the best way to down this thing?

Last edited:
Juggling dudes is super fun.

Dying repeatedly at the boss. What's the best way to down this thing.
I keep inflicting that "slow" thing with Razmi at the end of most of my combos. When he calls out more enemies, take them out ASAP so you don't spend meter blocking their attacks.

Here's what I got so far:
"Level up" order: 2nd Ajna, Zebei, 2nd Zebei, Tungar, 2nd Tungar, Razmi, 2nd Razmi, 3rd Ajna, 3rd Zebei, 3rd Tungar, 3rd Razmi.

Moves (u - up+attack, n - neutral attack, d - down+attack, I - Iddhi):

Ajna (unarmed):
u=300 (aoe)
n=350
d=350

Zebei:
u=235x4
n=235x3
d=235 (aoe)
I1=205?x?

Tungar
u=125x?, 425 (aoe)
n=750 (push)
d=350, 475 (launch, pull)
I1=2000

Razmi
u=160x?, 500 (aoe, launch)
n=550, 175x3?, 725 (push)
d=200 (slow?)

Ajna (axe)
u=700, 800
n=950 (aoe?)
d=1000 (launch)

Last edited:
I keep inflicting that "slow" thing with Razmi at the end of most of my combos. When he calls out more enemies, take them out ASAP so you don't spend meter blocking their attacks.
Never mind, just ended up finally killing it once I figured out how to block most of its attacks on reaction. Also spammed Razmi's healing every time I had meter.

okay, so according to this, most damaging string on single target should be dR, then repeat (uA, uZ, uT, nR). That wasn't taking in consideration attack speed of course. So it's not the most DPS, just biggest raw numbers.
aoe string: (nA, dZ, uT, uR)

I'm still just hitting all the buttons but I am having a WONDERFUL time.

Dying repeatedly at the boss. What's the best way to down this thing?
My strategy was just mash all the buttons except Razmi's, constantly healing with Razmi whenever I needed it.

Got rid of the adds first then went back to wailing on the boos, never got anywhere close to critical health.

$1,500,000? Damn it seems so hard to get...

But I was being pesimistic at the $150,000 for Squigly so maybe it's just that again...

$1,500,000? Damn it seems so hard to get...

But I was being pesimistic at the $150,000 for Squigly so maybe it's just that again...

Yup, it's a lot of money.

But we knew that going in, which is why we pushed for 505 Games to fund the prototype.

The more people that play and watch the prototype, the better we're going to do.

Reactions: Covenant and d3v
I don't think you're supposed to share the it because the point was to give the SG backers early access, then everyone else can try it Monday when it gets released with the IGG campaign.

Game footage like video/streams I think they want you to go nuts on, though, regardless.

Having the opportunity to share it with friends and be the one to brag that you got it early and even had that option is the perk we wanted to give to SG backers. There's no way we could stop them from sharing it, and frankly, stopping them from doing that is counterproductive - we'd look like jerks and less people would play the prototype. The more hands it gets into the greater our chances of getting funded.

EDIT: That wasn't the ONLY perk we wanted to give to people. Just one of the perks. Sorry. Obviously being able to play it before anyone else is the main point. :P

Last edited:
Having the opportunity to share it with friends and be the one to brag that you got it early and even had that option is the perk we wanted to give to SG backers. There's no way we could stop them from sharing it, and frankly, stopping them from doing that is counterproductive - we'd look like jerks and less people would play the prototype. The more hands it gets into the greater our chances of getting funded.
Posted it in SG and Indivisible groups in Russian social network. Will highlight important news of the campaign there.

Has the protoype locked up on start for anyone else?

I get a tiny tiny window with the inability to resize and nothing runs with the window eventually locking up.

EDIT: I had a gut feeling and turns out i was right

I had the prototype boot up in a folder called かっぱ (kappa for those who cant read it) and the program wouldnt load up at all.

took it out of the folder on a wild guess because i've had a lone incident with a program acting funny due to the fact the executing file was in a folder with a japanese name, and lo and behold. it works. which is surprising.

because my windows is set to a japanese locale but w/e.

this is a prototype and not even alpha but here i am bug reporting already.

love you lots LZ. <3

Oh yeah, SG had the same issue. Didn't work with cyrillic letters in file path.

was that eventually fixed or nah. cant remember.

Hey guys cannot get the proto type working :( , issues and specs below:
GHNeko posted that it doesn't run out from inside folders with non-English letters in the path. Try putting it in C:\Indivisible\ and see if it works?
Gah.

was that eventually fixed or nah. cant remember.
I don't think it was even reported?

Damn, really wish I could play this.
If I find that nobody answered this by the time I get to the end of the thread - it will be going up for EVERYONE when the crowdfunding starts, on Monday.
stuff
You can stop posting bugs, we ain't gonna fix 'em. The respawn one was good, but yes, there are bugs in battle. We already know most of them, it'll take many months to finish and won't happen by Monday. :^) I appreciate your SG new-release background, though!

-You can get to the boss having just got Razmi through the previous fight if you skip enough other fights. I'm pretty sure I fudged up, and you can probably skip an extra fight to show up to the boss without her. He's most likely impossible to beat like this.
He is not even close to impossible to beat without Razmi.

I could tell that the balancing of all the moves wasn't airtight yet, with some moves being a little more useful than others
That's what you think. :^P All of the moves you think are "more useful" cause your bar to refill more slowly, and it stacks the more times you use the move before you get back a bar.
Also I pretty much guarantee you're wrong about which moves you think are more useful. Hee hee.

Edit: I would like to say that I wish Ajna and Razmi's buttons wouldn't switch when you switched sides. Its confusing.
It's probably going to be an option in the full thing, but part of the problem with that in the prototype is that it's entirely possible to have your first fight be facing either left or right. So people would get used to a different "default" and the game would have to stick with that, and then the next time it could be different. So yeah.

...That boss kicked my ass a few times. YES MIKE! FRAME RATES DO MATTER lol XD I was having trouble getting the blocking for that 1 second flinch it had, and running at about 5~10 frames isn't easy to block that 750 party hit XD
That attack is only just barely reactable (it's 13-14 frames, yay for making a fighting game first) so you're not missing anything.

I just don't like the idea where, for the boss fight, I have to take a full-force attack on the chin and how much it hurts is RNG.
1 - There is no RNG for damage. There is no RNG for anything except sounds. :^)
2 - Getting hit? That's what you think. :^P

I didn't realise the big difference move choice made on the action gauge refilling, mostly due to the fights in the prototype not really requiring that sort of management yet.
That's what you think. :^P

-Platforming felt good. Jumping, wall jumping, and axe climbing were all responsive. I look forward to the speed booster. I hope there will be shinesparking.
There will not be, we are not directly ripping off SM. There are many other movement abilities planned, though.
I realize you were probably joking but I'm treating this seriously just so people stop asking.

I could only play the prototype for about 10 minutes before I got frustrated on a jumping part but I really liked it so far, it's a lot more 'fighting game' then I originally expected tbh and I still feel like a fish out of water when it comes to gameplay, oh well. If I can be decent at Skullgirls, I can learn to play indivisible, I'm probably gonna go back and play it more.

Kinda sad it doesn't save...not that I think it does? I don't mind to much, it is jsut a prototype.

That's what you think. :^P

Oh god do we have to go looking for secrets now, or am I just missing something obvious

Mike, will you consider (for the actual release obviously) letting people map battle commands separately from the field ones? Since you have to map attack buttons the same way characters are situated, you're losing ability to have jump and attack where you want them. It is an issue for keyboard players. Not for me personaly, but my friend today mapped jump on spacebar which messed with her fighting, but after setting it in a battle-appropriate way it was hard for her to platform.

I just tried the prototype and liked it a lot. I can't wait to play the final game, but I do have a few suggestions.

Make it so that you continue to dash after landing from a dash jump. Not having dashes work like this feels slow and clunky after playing so many Kirby games.
A training mode of some kind would be useful. It would be nice to be able to find combos and stuff without having to worry about your health or killing enemies too fast.
Please get rid of invisible ceilings in the final game. It's really frustrating to find an area that you should be able to get to but can't because of rock hard air, like the entrance right outside of the first part of the dungeon.

GHNeko posted that it doesn't run out from inside folders with non-English letters in the path. Try putting it in C:\Indivisible\ and see if it works?
Gah.

I tried putting it(the proto-type folder) in a few different directories including in the C:\ drive path, but no dice.

@Mike_Z howabout stuff that might affect the final game?

Right now, it seems that the prototype has the same issue that Skullgirls has on my laptop. If I set it to run with the NVIDIA card (GeForce GT 650M), the framerates drops to 30fps or below. When it's running on the Intel HD card (which should be the weaker card), it actually runs much smoother.

Since this also happens with Skullgirls (and not just on my comp, happens on a friends laptop as well), I'm wondering if this might be a thing with the engine (and that it just hates certain mobile NVIDIA cards).
It's probably going to be an option in the full thing, but part of the problem with that in the prototype is that it's entirely possible to have your first fight be facing either left or right. So people would get used to a different "default" and the game would have to stick with that, and then the next time it could be different. So yeah.
Right now, it gets confusing that the buttons for two characters are swapped, while those for the other two don't. There are certain times at the start of a fight where I want to start off with someone, only to realize that I'm using the wrong character instead.

Also, at times, my mind gets so mixed up that I end up swapping L1 and R1 inputs as well.

Last edited:
BallotBoxer said:
Soon the campaign kicks off, and Indivisible will get the full attention of the Internet, not unike the fiery spotlight of the Eye of Sauron swiveling to focus its voracious intent. So there are a few wrinkles that should be smoothed on the official website. That's right, it's pedantic unsolicited corrections time!

page title = "Indivisible is a new Lab Zero RPG video game with Anja on a journey."​
Ajna's name is wrong, and saying Role Playing Game video game is technically sound, but reads redundant to me. Also, kinda long for a title. Maybe better for meta description.

about page, sixth paragraph: "In addition to Lab Zero's talented team of artists and d2esigners,"​
"2" typo.

about page, third paragraph: "Meet Ajna (AHZH-na), Indivisible protagonist."​
"Indivisible's protagonist"

about page, first paragraph: "develop a new action/RPG, Indivisible."​
fine, but "action RPG" is sufficient. The slash makes it "action and/or RPG"
Reiterating this as the mistakes are still there, and adding that on the sixth paragraph of the about page is says "Secrt of mana", with an 'e' missing.

Also why does it say "INDIVISIBLE" in all caps some times but other times it just says "Indivisible"?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
A training mode of some kind would be useful. It would be nice to be able to find combos and stuff without having to worry about your health or killing enemies too fast.
Mike said it's already planned for final game.
Please get rid of invisible ceilings in the final game. It's really frustrating to find an area that you should be able to get to but can't because of rock hard air, like the entrance right outside of the first part of the dungeon.
+1

1 - There is no RNG for damage. There is no RNG for anything except sounds. :^)
2 - Getting hit? That's what you think. :^P
Well, RNG in that... he could do the Earthquake on you... or he could flame one character... or he could do the AOE flame...

Also, since that post I found out that I was approaching that fight grievously wrong on my first 2 playthroughs, so the blocking point is kind of moot...

@Mike_Z I have Windows 8 and the prototype doesn't start for me even after installing what you linked? After executing the file with 7-Zip I just get a quick "copying" bar before the game crashes immediately with "Indivisible.exe has stopped working". I'm kinda salty over this.

@Mike_Z I have Windows 8 and the prototype doesn't start for me even after installing what you linked? After executing the file with 7-Zip I just get a quick "copying" bar before the game crashes immediately with "Indivisible.exe has stopped working". I'm kinda salty over this.
You need to extract all of the files before you run them. Running a program from inside an archive rarely works.

Reactions: Wenzel
Oh right, thanks. I dunno if it's less or more embarrassing to mention I'd tried that already but couldn't find the extract function at the time :/

Speedrunning this is fun! I've gotten the time for a fresh start pretty low, I just need to fumble less in combat & do some real routing/planning. I think sub-15 might be possible given enough optimizations, maybe even sub-14...

Last edited:
Indivisible in GDQ events, i can already see it happening someday.

Reactions: dead
That triple crouching baseball like axe swing from Ajna is so nice looking

Had some time to play it this morning, and I have to say I love the prototype. It feels pretty solid already, and this is just a taste of the full game? I want this game funded now! Hopefully I can convince some of my friends to join in on the campaign.

After playing the prototype I was happy that there is a RPG with a bit more complex fighting tactics coming,
the last one that I liked was Eternal Sonata with all the position/motion planning it had.

Best part: no grinding, playing a RPG and progressing at the pace of your skill level is much nicer
The only times I died in the prototype was when I didn't heal in the beginning (because I didn't get that Anja can heal)
and properly blocking for meter at the boss (which was really good designed, it asked for every thing you learned:pick target, healing, attack groups for more damage, just the way it should be)

Last edited:
So, what's with Ajna going Metroid Speed Boost after the boss? You can have it activate before she catches up with the lil fella (I recently woke up, so names are a bit fuzzy from yesterday x,x)

Loved it. Took a minute to fully understand the systems and mechanics at work, but once it clicks it becomes very intuitive. Defensively, It kinda reminded me of Mike Tyson's Punchout as I'm watching for split second telegraphed effects to anticipate not only when to block, but who to block with as well. Successfully holding all 4 buttons to block an all party attack is extremely satisfying. Can't wait for the campaign.

Reactions: Wenzel

In the full game, yes, of course we won't do that. But there wasn't time to make the artwork extend high enough above those areas for the prototype so we blocked you off from going any higher and seeing things looking janky.