• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

The whole game is designed by the same people. What do visuals have to do with that?
It's not really a question about visuals, I'm curious about how the set peices will be handled, will something creative be done with dungeons like unique puzzles, enemies and Platforming challenges that can only be seen in that type of dungeon, instead of it feeling like a previous dungeon with a new coat of paint.

I want to feel like I'm in a unique dungeon that really feels different from other ones. Though I want this from other dungeons too.

Why would Lab Zero purposefully make a part of the game not fun to explore?

"Okay, we're almost done, let's just add six hours of padding and repetition and we'll be good! Should be a very Xen experience for everybody."

You would be suprised that sometimes this is the mindset of some JRPGs. Bravley default has been the worst of it from the RPGs I've played so far.

Alright not the best questions ill admit but am i really wrong to be worried?

Well, are you worried because of what you played in the prototype?

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

I know its blasphemy to say but i wasn't 100% sold on the prototype even after a couple playthroughs. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad but nothing earth shattering awesome. there was some stuff I wasn't sold on like the game play felt a little clunky to me and all, but like i said nothing was broken but I wasn't blow away amazed, i had a good time with some very minor bumps and all which I assume would be fixed when the actual demo comes out.

But yeah I just want to worry because things can change and I don't like to say I wasn't 100% sold yet because I know that's a horrible thing to say on the actual games forums. Like i said the things I didn't like i assumed would be fixed in the demo or actual game and once again things can change entirely so..heck i could be worried over nothing.

Thing is, there's no way anyone can really answer your questions. Of course the team is going to aim to make the whole game fun and integrate everything naturally. Will Lab Zero pull that off? We will have to wait for the full game to release to know for sure.

You should try to ask more targeted, specific questions than "will it be fun" or "will you mix Sci-Fi and fantasy together well?" if you want to get a satisfying answer.

Reactions: Wenzel
Yeah I should but just with a lot of recent flops Im worried is all. since this is the first thing I ever backed I just want to make sure I get a quality product in return, ive been burned bad by other companies on products that didn't return in good quality so I've tried not to get hyped about things no mater who makes it even if it is lab zero and since this is the first thing i backed and wasn't blown away from the prototype you can see why I ask stupid questions. Just worried by the unknown is all.

wait so I'm confused, were you looking for a fun game to play or for an artistic piece that would change your life? this is something I see commonly with movie reviews and I guess it goes for everything nowadays, but if something isn't the best in it's genre it's not worth the entertainment?

wait so I'm confused, were you looking for a fun game to play or for an artistic piece that would change your life? this is something I see commonly with movie reviews and I guess it goes for everything nowadays, but if something isn't the best in it's genre it's not worth the entertainment?
Games dont need to be a life changer to me but I also just want them to be appealing to look at and play through both in gameplay and in art. one doesn't need to be dominant over the other you can have good games that look good.

I just want a fun game that looks nice in terms of art.

Edit: ok forgot to admit yes I'm most likley worried over nothing but this is the first game i ever backed and I dont want my first backing to be a bad one. I most likely worrying over nothing.

Ah, the Mighty Number Jitters. It was a risk we took supporting this- that money is gone. It could tank. It probably won't, but it could. Something bad could happen to California. There's an element of trust involved in any long term commitment. On the flip side, any news or updates at all are reassuring and feel like a warm, fuzzy return on investment. If anything, my biggest concern is Lab Zero overextending themselves and dealing with scope creep. I expect a lot of the game won't be "for me"- hell, I still haven't gotten out of the final boss pit- and I even expect delays, but that's okay. That's part of how big projects work.

Reactions: juju_for_president
It might be best to mostly ignore indivisible till it comes out Magma, that way you don't have to worry about spoilers and it helps keep the hype at bay. Just play other games and when Indivisible comes out you won't have any crazy expectations. If you spend all the time up to its release getting worried and hyped then you will ruin the game for yourself when it comes out as it won't live up to the impossible expectations you set yourself. Allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised when it releases and you will probably enjoy it more.

Reactions: Magma442
Don't worry about not liking the game, we know labzero knows what they're doing and that's all that matters. It's also fine if you don't like the game when it's released, not everyone will and no one has to.

Everyone should have played the Prototype before backing. That was specifically so you didn't have to trust them on blind faith. If you (played and) enjoyed the Prototype, you'll enjoy the game.

Reactions: The Dave
I did, multiple times actually. however like I said before my worries steam mostly from recent big flops an all.

Google is researching self-driving cars in developed countries where people own houses that turn on the lights automatically when they get home, ride "hoverboards" and Segways, spend hours dying their hair different colors just because, and perform strenuous physical exercise by desire. People have been given bionic limbs, cochlear implants, and replacement eyes. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world people are living in mud huts raising goats and hunting animals to survive without a basic idea of how to prevent STDs, living in terribly polluted cities where the haves and the have-nots are separated by hundreds of feet of steel and concrete, and military leaders conduct mass genocides.

I don't think "one place has magic and another doesn't" is too much of a stretch comparatively.
I for one won't say no to Schizo Tech.

I did, multiple times actually. however like I said before my worries steam mostly from recent big flops an all.
It's not as if their failure will seep into Indivisible-- the prototype is representation of what the team can do under the conditions they chose. If it's not tickling your fancy, you shouldn't invest?

While games aren't necessarily made in communication-free vacuums, they're not so open that bad ideas just "hop" into places unless they willingly choose to implement them. Additionally, creators can choose not to reflect or look upon the work of others and analyze their own product, too, and realize "Huh, they made a mistake and we also may be making that mistake. We should check if the thing works"

Opinions / Words though

Reactions: Magma442
Google is researching self-driving cars in developed countries where people own houses that turn on the lights automatically when they get home, ride "hoverboards" and Segways, spend hours dying their hair different colors just because, and perform strenuous physical exercise by desire. People have been given bionic limbs, cochlear implants, and replacement eyes. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world people are living in mud huts raising goats and hunting animals to survive without a basic idea of how to prevent STDs, living in terribly polluted cities where the haves and the have-nots are separated by hundreds of feet of steel and concrete, and military leaders conduct mass genocides.
I don't think "one place has magic and another doesn't" is too much of a stretch comparatively.
Ironic and incredibly depressing.
I'm thinking of screencapping this and put it on imgur. Would it trouble you?

bad ideas just "hop" into places unless they willingly choose to implement them.
Oh god, can you imagine? "Hey, this environment piece wasn't brown when I left it last night! And when did we decide to implement cover-based shooting? And- what is that, a QTE? Where did that come from!? And who left that crafting system there?"

Oh god, can you imagine? "
I got 2 (this is a slightly joking post)
Halo_MP_01.jpg mirrors-edge-catalyst-mission-13-3.jpg

Well fine then fuckers, no one wants to go along with my joke, I see how it is. I supply good material and this is the thanks I get in return.

You're all a bunch of lab Zeroes.

So, what exactly is the math behind the name of the game?

It's not divisible by MN9, due to it probably being a good game, but Shantae can easily break it down to it's simplest mathematical form through the action-platforming genre theory? Where do I multiply by Shovel Knight or Yooka-Laylee?
Well fine then fuckers, no one wants to go along with my joke, I see how it is. I supply good material and this is the thanks I get in return.

I'm sorry, but a lot of those lines have become somewhat derivative. I think we've reached our limit, they just don't continually add up to the whole like they used to.

You try to fight the Mike Z boss but he just kills you with a billion kanchos in the blink of an eye.
I thought it would be like that one episode of Regular show where everybody keeps changing the rules until you summon the axe immune to rule changing.

I would have replied with something witty but I'm not funny, or mathematical :(

I would have replied with something witty but I'm not funny, or mathematical :(
I'm tempted to think along the lines of "What are they fighting foooorrrrr?"

Ironic and incredibly depressing.
I'm thinking of screencapping this and put it on imgur. Would it trouble you?
Sure, go nuts. I said it in public, you can do what you like.

I know its blasphemy to say but i wasn't 100% sold on the prototype even after a couple playthroughs.
THIS is FINE! "Don't talk bad about the game" doesn't exist here, at least for me. Please talk about what you didn't like, and ask questions! If you don't tell me what you expect to be fixed, I may not know to fix it. :^)

I wish you would say THIS stuff, instead of "well I'm worried they'll mess something up because they want to mix fantasy and sci-fi". Environment choice has nothing to do with interesting level design or puzzles, you can put any TYPE of puzzle or design anywhere if you really want.

So, tell me what problems you had! That is something I'm willing to talk about all day. "I'm worried because some other company messed something up," is not. We're not them, and our campaign wasn't build on reputation and promises - we put out the prototype so that people could see what direction we were going for. It wasn't supposed to be mad amazing, just to show that we can do what we say we can - we can make levels, we can have collision, we can go from platforming to battle, etc. After all, we made it in 3 months and there was like no polish time. :^S But I'd love to know what problems you had or what you expected that didn't materialize.

... oh yeah. I had other things that bugged me a bit about the prototype that I never mentioned and then forgot about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm for either tapping or using a button, so you can chalk me up as "neutral" on that stance.

the only big thing that bugged me about the proto was how much Ajna stood out from the background, like in a bad way.. But that's cause it's a proto and your team has done amazing steps in redesigning the stages anyways. So I know it's a moot complaint and never held it against the game.

I don't like double tapping forward to dash. I wish you could dash with a button.
Oh right, that's a "we didn't have the time but already wanted to" thing.

These "we didn't have time" things are already fixed in the current game, and have been for months already:
- Dash is a separate animation (shown onstream) and a button as well as double-tap. Megaman X. Holding the dir/button goes longer/shorter.
- Landing a hit on an enemy starts the fight in the middle of your turn with full action bars so you just combo off that hit. (Being hit or starting a battle by running into an enemy is still the same go-to-your-positions thing.)
- Killing an enemy during your turn automatically targets the next-closest enemy to continue your attacks on, without having to go back to neutral positions.

Those are the three biggest things I wish we'd have had time to do before releasing the prototype. Making Razmi's slow have a visual effect and last for X-number-of-battle-advance-frames instead of "until their next turn" is the last one, and I'm actually doing that now!

I'm for either tapping or using a button, so you can chalk me up as "neutral" on that stance.

the only big thing that bugged me about the proto was how much Ajna stood out from the background, like in a bad way.. But that's cause it's a proto and your team has done amazing steps in redesigning the stages anyways. So I know it's a moot complaint and never held it against the game.
Well, yeah, of course you're at neutral when it comes to dashing. Unless you have an airdash you've been hiding from us this entire time?

- Dash is a separate animation (shown onstream) and a button as well as double-tap. Megaman X. Holding the dir/button goes longer/shorter.
Yesssssss this sounds awesome ty Mike Z

Praise the Z

I Think ( im talking about me) many others as I are waiting to put or toughts. likes and dislikes when the next build comes to hours hands, tought.

Sure, go nuts. I said it in public, you can do what you like.

THIS is FINE! "Don't talk bad about the game" doesn't exist here, at least for me. Please talk about what you didn't like, and ask questions! If you don't tell me what you expect to be fixed, I may not know to fix it. :^)

I wish you would say THIS stuff, instead of "well I'm worried they'll mess something up because they want to mix fantasy and sci-fi". Environment choice has nothing to do with interesting level design or puzzles, you can put any TYPE of puzzle or design anywhere if you really want.

So, tell me what problems you had! That is something I'm willing to talk about all day. "I'm worried because some other company messed something up," is not. We're not them, and our campaign wasn't build on reputation and promises - we put out the prototype so that people could see what direction we were going for. It wasn't supposed to be mad amazing, just to show that we can do what we say we can - we can make levels, we can have collision, we can go from platforming to battle, etc. After all, we made it in 3 months and there was like no polish time. :^S But I'd love to know what problems you had or what you expected that didn't materialize.

Well ok the problems I had with the demo came down to movement, now it could just be me but things felt heavy but slippery at the same time? What i mean was when I ran an jump the weight felt a little too heavy for a character like Ajna. course that could just be me and Im going to go back to replay the prototype again to see if I feel the same way. however I do remeber thre was a few things that bugged me, and I remember this, but it happened when I jumped from platform to platform up to a vertical shaft there were numerous times where the jumping input didnt register and i fell down. Same thing happens with the Axe climbing where I was in a rhythm with it but suddenly I fell like the rhythm was broken and Anja doesn't connect her axe to the wall with my inputs.

But my biggest fear are the battles themselves. I'm afraid it can go one of two ways: Automated where I don't feel like i'm in control and thus it gets boring (like project x zone.) OR it feels too lose and Sloppy that some characters probably wont even work with other party member's

What killed project X zone for me was the way it automated combos, all I had to do was press a button with a direction, enemy gets locked in, try all directions, you get a flashy animation that's fun at first but then you realize its all automated and the charm wears off and it becomes repetitive. The battle system from what I played from the demo felt a lot like project x zone to me after awhile, now the charm didn't wear off in the prototype but that's a short prototype as opposed to a full game.

My other concern is how party members will work with others. when I first played the demo I missed attacks with party members in an attempt to continue a combo string but after awhile I got the rhythm down and was nailing the combos. however this got me thinking how would other party members work if I want to create my own combos? will some characters straight up not work with others? Will some work better with others? Will i be unable to continue a combo if i used this character with this character or will they always miss because they cant link with each other? Or will they all work the same way (Up attack, down attack, side attack, etc) Which my question to that would be "Whats my incentive to switch party member's aside from different elements?" if they were to all play the same but only with slightly different element variation that's not enough to make me want to swap characters.

TL;DR: Movement felt unresponsive and clunky at time's especially during narrow platforming and climbing but that could just be me. The battle system felt a little project x zone to me which felt automatic and took the player away from the controls which resulted in the gameplay becoming repetitive and i want to feel in control when I fight. How will the characters play? The same way as every other character with slightly different element variation? if so then whats my incentive to switch aside from elements? and if they do play differently will my team chemistry and combo potential suffer from having characters i want to have on my team?

EDIT: also glad about the dash being a button, not too much of a fan of double tap dash in platformers.

Last edited:
TL;DR: They no like game much and can't combo.

That's not what I said at all.

TL;DR: I have explained my points across multiple paragraphs and put them into a condensed one.

That's not what I said at all.

TL;DR: I have explained my points across multiple paragraphs and put them into a condensed one.
I couldn't resist shitposting before, but in all seriousness I read your whole post and I'm not totally sure what your complaint is. The combos feel automated? I don't really understand. Do you feel the same way when you play something like Final Fantasy 6?

Yeah... I don't understand what you mean when you say the fights feel like you have no control over them Magma. In this system you can't mash, it won't end well. You have to press the correct buttons in order to do combos, not just press whatever and get a different fancy looking move that auto connects like other games. Say you launch with Ajna Axe, if you then sweep with Tungar it's going to go below them and miss completely. A situation you could have control over if you decided to do his AOE swipes instead. Plus timing is everything; press Zebei's arrows too slowly after the axe launch and they'll whiff while the enemies falling.

I couldn't resist shitposting before, but in all seriousness I read your whole post and I'm not totally sure what your complaint is. The combos feel automated? I don't really understand. Do you feel the same way when you play something like Final Fantasy 6?
I want to feel in control of what I do in battle. FF 6 isn't automated because I can choose the actions for my party and success depends on how well equip, skilled, and how well you understood the situation. Basically the battle depends on my choices and what i choose. Project x zone felt automated because when i pressed a button it would do a combo, press the same button but differently resulted in a combo but no real difference in battle. it was basically a push to fight button. No skills, magic, choice, just a simple button press.

My complaint..well not really a complaint but more of a curiosity is will the combos be encouraged to the point where its better to do a set combo each time or will there be an incentive to change my combos up and get creative with how I use my team to dispatch the enemy?

Which leads into my other question about "team chemistry" which I stated before. Im curious to how they will handle other team members in battle besides the 4 we played already. the thing with project x zone is that with all the flashy combos and characters the teams were set to a certain pair of 2 characters (with the ability to add a 3rd assist character but sometimes they were useless on teams because the assists combos didn't link up well with the teams combos.)

Will my team chemistry, combo potential, and overall enjoyment of the game be affected by how I customize my team layout? (besides the obvious don't have a team with all fire elements.)

And finally what is the plan to encourage people to swap out their party members besides different elements?

Yeah... I don't understand what you mean when you say the fights feel like you have no control over them Magma. In this system you can't mash, it won't end well. You have to press the correct buttons in order to do combos, not just press whatever and get a different fancy looking move that auto connects like other games. Say you launch with Ajna Axe, if you then sweep with Tungar it's going to go below them and miss completely. A situation you could have control over if you decided to do his AOE swipes instead. Plus timing is everything; press Zebei's arrows too slowly after the axe launch and they'll whiff while the enemies falling.

...I think you just answered my question. Thanks.