• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Introduce Yourself!

Hello. I'm Lawd Vawldawmawrt or Lawd for short. I frequent some forums including this one, but I didn't really make an account until now here. I play games such as TF2, CS:GO, Skullgirls (of course), and Smite. I would say I'm mediocre player when it comes to games such as Skullgirls. I enjoy the gameplay of it and almost always available on Steam if you would like to contact me. I will try to reply to anyone as soon as possible. See you around.

Hey there guys and girls. im Xmayro and im here to play some skullgirls. I usually play any type of game but fighting games are my favorite genre. If anyone is down to play skullgirls you can add me on steam.

Hi, I'm linkypoo
I've been playing since this game came out, but I'm still bad due to lacking online play. Oh BTW, I still don't know how to push block

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Hey guys, I'm Tominator (or just Tom). I'm mainly, and always have been, a Street Fighter player but after over 1000 hours on previous versions of SF4 on PSN and nearly 1000 in Ultra on Steam I wanted a change and a new challenge. Got Skullgirls in a sale on a whim and totally fell in love with it. Love the art, the mechanics, the characters, everything.

Needless to say I'm a bit bad right now, but I'll put the work in. Playing Parasoul, Bella and Peacock currently (though the team is possibly subject to change) and hopefully I can get some good advice and matches from everyone here.

Looking forward to it!

Reactions: Muro
Hello I am DDB I am new here and I like Annie very much.

Hi! Call me by my username i guess. I'm a 14 y/o player from Chile, and i play on Xbox360.
Uh, I consider myself to be a begginer in fighting games. I'm still learning the basic mechanics and trying to control characters that I'm not used to play with. Nice to meet all of you!

Hey everyone. I've been lurking for a while and finally want to jump into the community. Skullgirls is the game that got me really into the fighting game genre. I play any fighting game, but Skullgirls is the only one I want to get very good at. I'm attending Combo Breaker, expecting to get completely rekt. I don't have many friends that want to play this game, so I have a hard time bringing myself to practice. It's my first real tournament and I'm very excited regardless of my ability because I just love tournament atmosphere.

I'm a comp sci student, just a bit more till I graduate. I've been studying game design since I was 6, and I am a part game development community as an indie developer. I hope to get to know you guys better!

I am not that good at Skullgirls, that is probably because I am probably the only person here who still uses a keyboard. I usually play Dark Souls 2 on steam most of the time but I still occasionally attempt to git gud in Skullgirls. I started playing Skullgirls after I traded 1.5-2 keys worth of TF2 items for the game after Beowulf was released. The only DLC character i have is Beowulf. I am a fan of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series as well as Pokemon.

I am not that good at Skullgirls, that is probably because I am probably the only person here who still uses a keyboard.
There is actually a bunch of really good players who use the keyboard for Skullgirls.
As long as there are no keyboard ghosting issues, you don't have to worry that your device of choice is holding you back from improving at the game.

Greetings all!

Just got into Skullgirls a couple of wks ago. Still learning the ropes, but I play mostly for fun anyway so it's all good. I wouldn't say I'm a novice to fighting games, but I'm not a pro either (probably somewhere inbetween lol, a mid-core gamer I suppose). The tutorial for this game is great; really like how they have a separate one for each character to introduce their particular style of play.

Still trying to feel out which character suits me, but am having plenty of fun doing so :PUN:

BlackSkullHeart here. Been a fan of the series since the beginning. Slowly forming my real team as characters come out, MAINING BLACK DAHLIA!!!! Anywho, I also play airdash anime fighters and fighting games in various forms.

Greetings all!

Just got into Skullgirls a couple of wks ago. Still learning the ropes, but I play mostly for fun anyway so it's all good. I wouldn't say I'm a novice to fighting games, but I'm not a pro either (probably somewhere inbetween lol, a mid-core gamer I suppose). The tutorial for this game is great; really like how they have a separate one for each character to introduce their particular style of play.

Still trying to feel out which character suits me, but am having plenty of fun doing so :PUN:

Welcome to the forum. Just have to say I always liked Skullo as a character, so props on the username. Depending on region, let me know if you want to get some games in on Ps3.

@indieanimator

Thanks! Cool yeah, I liked his character too. I thought Skullgirls... Skullheart... why not Skullomania for a forum name heh. NA region here, so yeah feel free to add me if you wish (just mention in the FR msg it's for Skullgirls).

Hi! Call me by my username i guess. I'm a 14 y/o player from Chile, and i play on Xbox360.
Uh, I consider myself to be a begginer in fighting games. I'm still learning the basic mechanics and trying to control characters that I'm not used to play with. Nice to meet all of you!

Welcome to the forums fellow fillia lover!
I shall call you kaky, and you will be the skullhearts kaky!

Welcome to the forums fellow fillia lover!
I shall call you kaky, and you will be the skullhearts kaky!
Ooooooooooo.

Kaky.

Reactions: kisspower12
Hello my name is psformii
nice to meet you.

Silky. I play a lot of fighting games. I've on and off attempted to get into Skullgirls but for some reason I couldn't get attached to it.

now I'm praticing solo Painwheel. :P

Hey guys

Been playing fighting games for only about a year, got into Skullgirls the last couple of months.
I was also at Combo Breaker and everything Skullgirls there was fucking sick, figure I'd take the time to sign up.

Hi, I'm Notkastar (Not a Star) /Na·Ka·Star/
I've been playing SG since last year or so and was referred to this forum by a friend.
I'm a generally a nice guy one you get too know me but, I am possibly the slowest typist I know n_n"
I've been stumbling my way through the forums making some good threads/post here and then some just plain awkward/cringe-ful ones there but, I won't let that get me down. Everyone has there starting point with something and over time they eventually become good at the something they be working at.

Put more sensibly (| ‿◠)
Sucking-at-something-adventure-time.jpg
So as long as I keep trying and learn from my mistakes,
I'll be making threads/leaving post like a champ in no time and the same goes for you if your facing the same problem I am (| ‿|

Hey everybody. I'm not new to fighting games but I am new to this one. I'm finding it easy to pick up and hard to master. I've been playing fighting games since I was young but I didn't really know what they were really all about till years later. I want to say around the age of 24. I've been using an arcade stick for a while but haven't played any fighting games in a few months. I'm no where near professional but if I had more people to play I think I would get better.

I play valentine and know a few BnB's. I'm looking o play a few more characters but worth just getting started I have yet to explore any other options. It seems like it's hard to find people to play online. If you are and intermediate player and are looking for someone to fight send me an invite. Recently I've been playing for a few hours every night and hope to play more.

Hello everyone. I'm a former PS Allstars player (mained Dante) who left because of the lag online (SG online is soooooo great). I've played a bit of UMvC3 but only offline and I mainly just practiced combos. I picked up SG a while ago but got back into it with Beowulf's release. I play Val and Bella currently (Val reminded me a bit of Dante in UMvC3 with her low damage, high mobility and her j.hp and I wanted to try a grappler for once) but want to pick up Ms. Fortune. I'm at a beginner level though I do have a few resets with Val and have my bnbs with Val and Bella down for the most part. I play on PC so if anyone wants to play or give me some advice please add me there (I may get 2nd Encore on PS4 when it releases as well) and feel free to play some games with me. I'm in the UK so it might be a bit laggy if I play with people outside of EU.

Other than fighting games I'm a big fan of spectacle fighters like DMC3 and 4 and Bayo (or anything Platinum Games) and have been trying to get good at Dante in DMC4 in anticipation of DMC4SE and I also do yoyoing outside of gaming (look up some videos, it has evolved way past simple walk the dog tricks).

Hi everyone the name is Mahtiah . I got into fighting games three years ago and I started with vanilla marvel 3 , I play all fighting games with no exception but I main Tekken and only recently got into SG so I hope to have a great experience with everyone here .

Well, might as well start here.

I'm JBT, and I got into SG a year ago and have been following the game's development and majors devoutly since. I'm no amateur at the game but I'm far from pro too.

I actually have to admit that the only reason I initially bought Skullgirls was because I found out that Michiru Yamane (left woman in my pic) from Castlevania was doing a jazz soundtrack on a new game. I love jazz, and SotN has my favorite soundtrack of anything ever, so I felt obligated to get the game, which was very fortunate since SG is probably my favorite fighting game ever.

I'm Kai12399 kai's the first half of my name.

I didn't know this existed before so I just introduced myself at the wulfpack, but i'm okay at the game so far.
I found the game last year, played it awhile, dropped it then picked it back up so... that's it. No real story (I'm new to forums.)

I'm Kai12399 kai's the first half of my name.

I didn't know this existed before so I just introduced myself at the wulfpack, but i'm okay at the game so far.
I found the game last year, played it awhile, dropped it then picked it back up so... that's it. No real story (I'm new to forums.)
A......are you the brother of @Kai?

Anyways, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay!

No that's just the first half of my name, Kaiser. thanks for the welcome though. :)

Last edited:
Hey there, wanted to introduce myself.

Name's Zayl, you can call me either that or Roses. I haven't played a fighting game since middle school so...10ish years ago. Finally got everything settled in a way where I can enjoy life. Thought I'd try and break through the barrier and I've been having a blast getting destroyed and slowly learning basic motion and everything again. Bought the game today and haven't stopped playin'.

So far I've been playing with Fukua and Filia. Filia seems a bit more advanced for someone who's essentially new so I've been focusing on Fukua who I enjoy. Filia destroyed me in story mode but I did well up till her. Looking forward to tips and when I feel comfortable/find a sparring partner, getting some real matches in.

Sup folks, my handle is TagAnarchy. Nice to meet ya.

I'm not one to talk about myself so I'll keep it short. I started playing games with Battle Arena Toshinden and Tekken when I was 4. Lo and behold, here I am. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind trying out new things, but I joined in on the s**t talk about SG without playing it. After getting a free code off of BGCallisto's recent restream of Combo Breaker, I've come to love the game with a passion. I must say to everyone, even if I didn't talk ish to you personally, I'm apologize. I hope you'll still be fine with me joining in. :)

I've grown an intense liking to playing she who mauls. Eliza is so fun to play it's ludicrous. Hope to see you online soon.

I also judged the book by its cover, so to speak, when I first got it last year. Good to know there are others who are keeping an open mind!

Reactions: TagAnarchy
Sup guys, Kizzercrate here and I don't know why it's taken me so long to get into this game, but I'm having a ton of fun. Now to just find a team that I'm comfortable with...

Hey everyone! ^^ I got Skullgirls for PC about 2 days ago and I really enjoy it!

I've tried a ton of other fighting games but this one is the most Noob Friendly I've ever played! I thought about getting Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or whatever, but since Skullgirls was on sale I grabbed that instead!

I'm looking for pretty new players to fight and talk with! Well experienced players is also welcome xD

More than Skullgirls, I like Animé, Manga, Almost anykind of games, Hanging out with friends and being social ^^

Reactions: dMags
Hi I'm Ya'el or Yasha. I'm relatively new to Skullgirls and fighting games in general, but I've gotten really excited about them and want to git gud. When I was younger (grade/high school) I played Guilty Gear X-2 and Bloody Roar 3 and Soul Calibur IV and the like, which I rented from Blockbuster, but it's been years since I put any time into fighting games and so I consider myself a beginner but I hope I have potential. My preferred character is Miss Fortune at the moment; I like mobile/fast characters in most games.

I joined the forums because I want to talk to other players, get advice, etc. Beyond my budding interest in 2D fighters I really like RPGs and FPSs, Dark Souls and the Half-Life series being favorites. I also like Roguelikes. I listen to a lot of music; mostly metal, industrial/noise and also singer-songwriter/folk stuff or ambient on the quieter side. I also enjoy literature and am trained in literary criticism and the like.

Hello everyone! I'm DapperEntity, and as you may have guessed from my name, I'm a rather chill guy. I bought this game on sale for $3 and just. Oh my god, I love it.

I'm currently playing Solo Ryuuko Filia with my flowchart. Said flowchart being "Use c.MK. Did it hit? If yes, combo. If no, return to beginning." As you may have guessed, my approaching needs work, but when I get in, you're boned. Grab resets? I'm okay. Dropped combos? Rarely happens. Chaining two hypers together? Not a problem. I've a chronic problem for dealing with aggression though: c.HK is almost always unblockable against me for some reason. I've also got problems actually hitting: If you can reliably tech throws, block low indefinitely and you win.

I recently entered I Wanna Be The Skullgirl (tournament/show you can find in the Streams forum) and lost, but since it was streamed, I've got some footage for anyone who wants to watch.

I'm looking forward to learning more about this game so I can eventually become the very best like nobody ever was. I just hope I don't lose my WAAAAAAAAAY MY MIIIIND etc.

Aye. I'm Cynado! I'm kind of a novice player when it comes to fighting games other than Smash Bros. Got Skullgirls the day in came out but didn't play it much but decided to pick it up again recently and I'm relearning the game again. Favorite characters are Beowulf and Fukua. I also just want to say that I love the references to other games in the alt costumes. It's so awesome. :PUN:

Hey hey hey!
I'm Leviathinian, but you can just call me Levi.
I'm actually a complete beginner to Skullgirls, I bought it and the dlc during the 80% off sale. That doesn't mean I know nothing about it, though. I've looked at the wikis and watched enough videos to get a really good grasp on the story and gameplay. I can't guarantee that Ill be too good at the game, but I'll have fun trying! I hope to have lots of fun on the game and hanging out here!

Reactions: skull person
Howdy do. My screen name is Zzzzzx, but that confuses people in voice chat, so you can just say "Zee-Ex". The kind of games I'm best at/enjoy the most are first/third person shooters and platformers (2D or 3D).

I didn't really play fighting games at all ('cept smash bros. with items on) until a few years ago, possibly explained by the lack of gaming consoles in my home (playing on PC) and/or arcades in my area, or friends who played fighting games a lot. Then I messed around in USF4 and then later realized I owned this game called Skullgirls that I bought some time ago, and was like "I wanna git gud" (for unknown reasons), so I signed up to Skullheart to find fighting game people.

I hope to get beat up many times in online play and possibly also lurk on this forum, since making posts is pretty dern scary.

Hey, I'm ManzokuLabs... just started playing Skullgirls last week. but i've been a lurker at the forums ever since i can remember.

training so that i can play at a more competent level and hoping i'd make new friends here~

Hey, what's up! My name is TheOneLastRaven, but most people just call me Raven. I'm totally new to SkullGirls, i'm a newb, just going get that outta the way now. I happened to pick up the game and all DLC in the -80% sale on Steam, and it's become my new obsession. Let me give you a little backstory for me and my history with 2D fighters. I didn't grow up with them. I haven't even played many. I've never played:
  • Soul Caliber (Franchise)
  • Mortal Kombat (Franchise)
  • Street Fighter (Franchise)
  • Tekken (Franchise)
The list could go on. I've played one other fighting game Series besides SkullGirls. Persona 4 Area. I know, I know... Maybe some of you have never even heard of Persona, and if some of you have heard of it, half of you are now thinking;
'Oh great... A weeaboo.'
Now now, hear me out. I got into the 2D fighter because of those games, of which there are two, because they had the Persona label on them. I grew up with JRPGs and RPGs, and a JRPG name on a 2D Fighting game is what it took for me to leap into the genre.
And now I love the genre.
I came to this site hoping to challenge myself, hoping to better myself, as of right now, I pretty much suck at the game.
I also came to this site looking for friends. Mentors, just people like me. It's rare that on a forum i'm not just a lurker, I am sometimes scared to post, but hey. At least now I can challenge haters to a death match and beat the ever-loving hell out of them, or lose terribly in the process. Either one.