• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

OH NO U DIDN'T
IT WAS ALL LUCK
DON'T TRICK ME
:((((((((((((

Part 8's story is original to ASB (it's just Gappy beating everyone up)
you'd be there a damn long time if you're waiting to finish Part 8, though
Good to know. Now I just need to finish part 7.
(EDIT: Do I unlock anything by beating his story?)

and just for fun, my reactions after completing part 1-6
Part 1: Started slow, but holy crap it was good. Sad ending though. Zepelli and Jonathan were outstanding men.

Part 2: This is pure awesome all the way through and plenty of humor. 13/10 would bang if female. Joseph is among my favorite characters and posses me favorite secret technique: run the f$%^ away.

Part 3: Very good. The introduction of stands was very cool. I loved how enemies abilities(which were extremely varied) usually needed to be exploited to pull off a win. The seldom used ripple was disappointing, but the return of Dio was pretty good. Jotoro had 0 character development. You only see how he's changed in future Parts, but most development is off screen.

Part 4: This was probably my least favorite Part. The first half was mostly setting up characters and was pretty slow and not as deeply related to the main antagonist/plot as I'd like. The last half was good, especially the last third which was amazing. I also just wasnt a big fan of Josuke.

Part 5: It had my least favorite Jojo, but was good overall. It also had Buccellati who is neck-and-neck with Joseph for my favorite Jojo character. Holy crap Buccellati is a man among men. Also, Sex pistols is among my favorite stands. It was also great seeing that polnareff was still alive.

Part 6: I thought it was pretty good and had an interesting plot and lovable characters. BUT I thought many of the powers were broken and that the ending was.......pretty messed up. It was the most wtf-is-this/son-I-am-disappoint ending of Jojo's I've read.
everyone in the entire freaking universe died except for a character whom I'd written off as a support character....and he only won because of luck and a loophole that really shouldnt have worked since Stairway to Heaven shouldnt have retained Whitesnakes ability to add/remove disc (one stand, one ability; Part 3 Dio is the sole reasonable exception since he's a combination of two bodies) and Emporio probably shouldnt have been able to use Weather Reports stand (especially not better than Weather Report himself and doubly especially not within that amount of time).
The rest of it was good, if a bit out there.

You just unlock a gold trophy for beating all the parts, you don't unlock anything significant from beating just Part 8 (unless you want to 100% the game)
EDIT: whoops I thought you meant Part 8. For Part 7, you unlock JoJolion and Jo2uke. You also get a silver trophy

Another gripe I have with the translation is that they didn't translate every ORA, every MUDA, every DORA, every ARI, and every VOLA, just some of it. It just shows how lazy they are compared to CC2 who subtitled every single one of them. I know that seems small but it's pretty important to me lol

Which support character is your favorite?

also, @Colossi the stidestep in 3D fighters is not meant to be used while you're doing a combo. its a defensive thing.

I'm not saying I'm sidestepping. I'm saying they move to the side when they reach the end of the screen and my moves whiff. It happens all the time with Hwoarang's 9XOX (or 9OXO) on Tekken 3. The enemy simply moves to the side while flying away on the screen. It's not a sidestep.

Which support character is your favorite?
Can Caesar count as a support character?
If not, his grandfather.

The big complaints I have is the pathetic excuse for a story mode and the online.

The story mode seriously could've used illustrations, cutscenes or just be its own original plot or something. Reading an ultra-condensed plot synopsis with the occasional fight is literally bare minimum effort. As for the online, The netcode doesn't have have lag, but instead just pauses the game for a moment.

The sub apparently (haven't played the full version) had one of Joseph's line prediction taunts make him wrong due to both versions being translated differently.

jus be grateful you get to play it

The sub apparently (haven't played the full version) had one of Joseph's line prediction taunts make him wrong due to both versions being translated differently.
Yeah I posted that in the previous page:
Translations were made by two companies: Around the Word and Synthesis

As for the story mode, you could tell it wasn't their top priority and I don't really blame them. People are just gonna play it once (or twice if they play Another Story) and be done with it. It's also a lot of time and effort to adapt 100+ volumes of content in ~2 years of development with a limited roster in addition to creating a new engine and fighting mechanics. Illustrations would help, but cutscenes would be asking too much.

Reactions: Error Macro
jus be grateful you get to play it
I am, its just the story mode could've been better. Heck, if they focused on just showing highlight matches from the series and just had illustrations of right before the fight, it would've been better. I feel like a good couple volumes of part 7 were summarized after the last fight because they didnt want to add a major sounding enemy, so it honestly would've been better to focus that time more of the part 7 stuff they did do.

why the fuck wasn't Diego playable anyway
My only guess is they didn't want three Mr. Brando's on the roster.

why the fuck wasn't Diego playable anyway
he got like
4-5 fights
What about Weather Report, Hot Pants, Trish, F.F., etc.?
My guess is they wanted to save them for a sequel or something

Trish only got like one fi-
you know what nevermind
goddamn fugo is playable and he was written out
anyone is fair game

Seeing the route they went on his voiceacting, they could've also given part 3 Dio a Diego alt costume.
Just for the sake of adding a fight to part 7.

What about Weather Report, Hot Pants, Trish, F.F., etc.?
My guess is they wanted to save them for a sequel or something
I would've left the harvest kid out of the roster in favor of giving part 6 or 7 another character.

Shigechi is one of Araki's favorite characters it's really no surprise that he got in

Reactions: Save 4 Less
In the far future, fans will hack this game and make a good translation...

Also, how are sales for the English version of ASB looking?
Good enough for the ASB sequel (if it ever materializes) to get localized too?
Well, according to this: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41763/USA/ (#15)
For a limited physical release, I guess that's not too bad. But we don't know how many physical copies were made.
It's also currently #35 in Amazon's Best-Selling PS3 games

I actually really liked that they translated "Your next line will be '...' " to "Know your next line? '...' That's the one!", but then the redundancy of the move name being Your Next Line Will Be_ anyway kicks in...

Anyway, just watched the newest Stardust episode, and though it was good as usual, it was kinda wierd that they censored Jotaro smoking. Is it because he's still a minor, maybe?

On the other hand, Star Platinum being invisible while slapping the shark due to being from the kid's POV was such a good idea (unless it was in the manga, in which case it's still AWESOME!).

japanese broadcasting laws can't show anyone below the age of...20, I believe it is, doing age-inappropriate stuff like smoking
Jotaro is 17, so they censored it.

Anyway, just watched the newest Stardust episode, and though it was good as usual, it was kinda wierd that they censored Jotaro smoking. Is it because he's still a minor, maybe?

On the other hand, Star Platinum being invisible while slapping the shark due to being from the kid's POV was such a good idea (unless it was in the manga, in which case it's still AWESOME!).

In Japan, you must be 21 years old if you want to smoke and drink alcohol. But the censor was really awkward (that big black box..)
And yes, in the manga, SP is invisible while beating the sh*t of that shark.

Anyways it was a good episode, can't wait for the fight with Strength.

Keep in mind the censor is just for the broadcast version.
Odds are the home release version wont care about censorship.

yeah, definitely.
I mean they censored Stroheim's Roman Salute in the broadcast, but had it in full glory on the blu-ray box cover (perfect gift for all your jewish friends!)

Reactions: TechPowah and Mwisk
yeah, definitely.
I mean they censored Stroheim's Roman Salute in the broadcast, but had it in full glory on the blu-ray box cover (perfect gift for all your jewish friends!)
hey, at least he doesn't show any Jew hate in the actual show! :PUN:

Really, even though I don't like the censorship, I'm thankful they can get away with just shadowing it for brodcast.

hey hey hey, lets not just rule out lollipops as not being able to be badass.
tumblr_lvnv5cDhCR1r2dm2do1_500.jpg

bayonettaLollipop.jpg

I want to play ASB but I don't even own a PS3 and everybody else I know has a PS4 by now.

I guess it's time to wait forever for a most-likely-never-to-come-out PC port.

I want to play ASB but I don't even own a PS3 and everybody else I know has a PS4 by now.

I guess it's time to wait forever for a most-likely-never-to-come-out PC port.
I recommend the PS3 even now. lots of great games in the library, games still coming out for it, lots of games you can play for free on PS+. trust me, it is a good investment to get a PS3 now.

Reactions: Redblaze27