• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I dunno, I'm probably thinking outloud and just weighing my options.
I think subconciously I realize this could burn me out on fighting games and I don't want that.

I don't see any harm in waiting unless you want a physical copy. If you're sitting on a pile of games (like me!) it's better to just start playing through them bit by bit. You'll get through your backlog and there's always a chance there could be a sale in the future. I don't know how likely it'll happen but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Or you could always get it now, wait a while to play it after going through some other fighters/games, then start it up.

Even though I can't speak Japanese, I'm glad I have the digital JP version now.

"Cool Ice".
"BoyManMan".
"Stone Ocean" (The reason I hate this one is because she names her stand "Stone Free" because she wants to escape from the "Stone Ocean" that is Green Dolphin St. Prison. So, now she wants to use Stone Ocean...to escape from the Stone Ocean. What even?)

And worst of all, they didn't even call King Crimson "Ruler Red'! Disappointments all around.

it was probably either this or no localization at all though.

Well, I dunno.
Physical Releases are the best and im always kinda anal about having to get a digital release only
(Who remembers my moral dilemma about P4A being discounted with all DLC)
IT really depends how limited it is.

and then the game will flop for some mysterious reason causing namco and everyone else to go ahead and declare that jojo's is a bum market in the west
aside from france and italy
saraba da jojo

Wait, they couldn't call him Polnareff anymore??

This whole naming thing always gets on my nerves. All the trouble we're going to go through to educate the new fans. o_O'

Wait, they couldn't call him Polnareff anymore??
They're probably too afraid of potentially getting sued by Michel Polnareff
Some of the names really irk me (Eiffel, most of Part 5) but overall they're ok. It's important to note that they worked with Shueisha and Araki on these names.

did they
I thought that was only for the Viz manga release

did they
I thought that was only for the Viz manga release
Both

It's important to note that they worked with Shueisha and Araki on these names.
Does this mean Jojo's is more flexible to a fullscale international release?

I sure hope so. But Viz has mentioned months back that getting the other Parts is pretty difficult. But reprints of Part 3 should be available within the coming weeks

I love JoJo, it's probably my favorite manga/anime/whatever/nerdcrap, but I can't decide if the physical version is worth $50. I already have the game, you know?

And of course as soon as I do break down and get it, they'll probably put it on PS+....

Well... They tried putting safer names...

Maybe in a decade someone will mod ps3 games and put the real names back on it

Well, I'm as conflicted as you Smilax.
But for other reasons.
Like I said, I could buy it and just leave it.
But at the same time I could also get something like Bayonetta or Asura's Wrath for half the cost and get more mileage out of it.
Unless I somehow grow massive balls to play online very frequently, I'm not sure how much I'd play it.

Reactions: Smilax
Hype for Episode 4 intensifying!

00000056.jpg

You know, another thing I realized about ASB.
Aren't all DLC characters like $5?
So, assuming you get the game at $50 with a new character that's 7, so if it's $5 a character, that's like, what $35?

Ep. 4 was great! xD Too bad we're gonna have to wait for the Blu-Ray for the uncensored version. Crunchyroll version will be up in about 10 minutes.

You know, another thing I realized about ASB.
Aren't all DLC characters like $5?
So, assuming you get the game at $50 with a new character that's 7, so if it's $5 a character, that's like, what $35?
Unless they do the sale like the JP version where it's ~$3 per character and they get released when their campaigns are released. If that happens, then it wouldn't be as expensive as selling them all at once

Maiden Heaven will kill me every time.
Sounds like a eroge title. Honestly, I think they missed a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity and should have named it Amazing Horse.

It's Jojo, yeah, but what else does it got aside from customization, fighting, and an arcade & story mode i'll be finished with in days?
I got anxiety and worry issues playing online against random people 1 on 1, so.
Probably nothing more. As for your worries, if the netcode is as bad as in the original release, I don't think they'll stand to be a issue.

Side note, I'm wondering if they will cut sound files from the localized version. I mean, you can clearly hear them shout out the stand names and those, for the most part, match no longer.

Oh fuck, that's right. I completely forgot about the netcode.
Bah, man. I really don't know.
If this wasn't a Limited Physical Release I'd wait it out. But...

And I don't think they will, Funny Valentine still apparently says the full Dirty Deeds Done Dirtou Cheap in his intro.

Oh fuck, that's right. I completely forgot about the netcode.
Bah, man. I really don't know.
If this wasn't a Limited Physical Release I'd wait it out. But...

And I don't think they will, Funny Valentine still apparently says the full Dirty Deeds Done Dirtou Cheap in his intro.
I am interested if the netcode got better. JP version netcode is seriously some of the worst I have ever suffered.

I hear the netcode got better, and you can sort by region
Sound files are kept so they still say their stand names regardless of what the text says

I hear the netcode got better, and you can sort by region
Sound files are kept so they still say their stand names regardless of what the text says
How much better is the question, because we're talking about 2-4 second input delays and shit. I stopped playing the game because the netcode was so awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balder
How much better is the question, because we're talking about 2-4 second input delays and shit. I stopped playing the game because the netcode was so awful.
From none to some. Of course it depends on the distance, but 3 bars should be great while 2 is ok. I'm going off 2 sources because no one else talks about online >.>

Yeah that's where I'm getting it from, but I think a lot are too busy playing campaign mode to play online lol

It is as Maji says though, the netcode needs a substantial leap in improvement. It was bad even for regional matches.

Anyway, here's a jolly good Brit tourney playlist:

Tower-of-Gray.png

After thousands of years and millions of dollars, some brave few archaeologists have finally uncovered the answer to one of life's greatest questions:

tumblr_n3ygg1jzuk1r5ygmdo1_1280.jpg

I always thought his hat should have been a visor.

visors are for losers
also that picture was before his hat got torn at the back, obviously

If you like it now you will defintely like it in a couple of episodes @Sanoblaze.