• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

Wasn't Mike Z in some kind of advisory role for Iron Galaxy or someone one the KI team at some point? This could have been his influence potentially???

Wasn't Mike Z in some kind of advisory role for Iron Galaxy or someone one the KI team at some point? This could have been his influence potentially???

Mike Z worked with Double Helix when they were working on the game, he does not work with iron galaxy.

Reactions: chillbean
Well they did have that poll for a PC version and the option to want a PC version won by a land slide. Since windows 10 is coming out with cross play with Xbox one, KI being on PC isn't too far off honestly.

a rumor/official statement

which tho?

If there is a PC version coming, I don't expect it to be for a long time, after season 3 is over. Isn't it currently XboxOne's only fighting game?

Since windows 10 is coming out with cross play with Xbox one, KI being on PC isn't too far off honestly.

ok nevermind

ah yes thats right, not likely to have influenced any season 2 developments then

Well they did have that poll for a PC version and the option to want a PC version won by a land slide. Since windows 10 is coming out with cross play with Xbox one, KI being on PC isn't too far off honestly.
That makes sanse. Get passive hype. I haven't played KI, is it harder than SG?

That makes sanse. Get passive hype. I haven't played KI, is it harder than SG?

Not really, but it depends on how much you want to invest in the combo system.

Okay so hear me out on this one. We have been spit balling a few ideas and I think we got a real winner here. I'm going to need a little feedback on this one. I give a little something and you give a little something back. This is a slight variation of another project that we have going on right now. But here it is. I am looking to fuck the robot chick from KI.

The last time they were asked about a PC port was in a stream where the answer was along the lines of "currently no plans". If a PC port happens it's likely to happen either when S3 happens [inevitable because heard this game sold pretty well], after S3 ends, or when the development is done period. MS needs every exclusive they have to push XBO units so until KI III stops becoming one of the draws to cave for the console [I.E when the well drys up] is when it will look to be milked at a different source such as Steam.

The last time they were asked about a PC port was in a stream where the answer was along the lines of "currently no plans". If a PC port happens it's likely to happen either when S3 happens [inevitable because heard this game sold pretty well], after S3 ends, or when the development is done period. MS needs every exclusive they have to push XBO units so until KI III stops becoming one of the draws to cave for the console [I.E when the well drys up] is when it will look to be milked at a different source such as Steam.

XBONE gonna die.

At least the poll that popped up showed they were at least interested. Good luck convincing Nintendo making Smash available on Steam since it's pretty much an equivalent example of hoarding owned IP to a specific platform brand.

At least the poll that popped up showed they were at least interested. Good luck convincing Nintendo making Smash available on Steam since it's pretty much an equivalent example of hoarding owned IP to a specific platform brand.

I am just sad that KI belongs to a shitty company (I don't like microsoft). KI is a good game in it's right, just bogged down by a shitty console with a shitty company.

But I digress...

Hopefully Killer Instinct is better to watch at this years evo, since it was boring as all hell last year.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
I wouldn't argue about MS' suspect practices but the fact they're even open to supporting a competitive scene as small as KI with a community fund says a lot (note that MS made no profits from the Shadow Jago bundle.).

There are people in MS that are good people who give a good goddamn about the competitive fighting game scene and that impresses me to this day. Robles, Ishmae, Lobb, Goddard--all legit ppl.

Aria trailer is here. She fights for humanity surprisingly enough.
granted she's hell bent on dragging humanity into the future

Does anyone else look at her gameplay and think of Adam from the IGG campaign?

I actually quite like Aria's stage theme.
I use it on my custom music playlist in Distance. It's a racing game. It gets my blood boilig while driving.

Microsoft's E3 conference is starting in 20 minutes. Here's hoping a Season 3 gets announced or some other KI news.

My computer probably won't be beefy enough to run it, but ladies and gents we are about to witness the resurgence of KI.

See that "Get Windows 10" icon in the corner of the screen? Time to take advantage of it if you want it!

Cant wait to see all the xbox loyalists start shouting KI is dead, Xbone is dead cause of this. Lol

Not surprised with how much MS been pushing Windows X integration with Xbox. Cross play/Cross Buy is a good thing to hear. Isn't X free to existing Windows owners anyway?

See that "Get Windows 10" icon in the corner of the screen? Time to take advantage of it if you want it!
Not surprised with how much MS been pushing Windows X integration with Xbox. Cross play/Cross Buy is a good thing to hear. Isn't X free to existing Windows owners anyway?
Lots of stuff that I don't want is free, doesn't make me want it any more than before :P

oddly enough, i'm more probable to get an xb1 due to backward compatibility than i am to get windows 10

yeah it sounds weird to me too

I believe Ki will get a bigger base because of that, and will not mine the xbox one that much because fighters are in general not the main thing to buy a console. Well, i still want a xone because of scalebound. =P

Why the Win10 hate? I've heard a lot of good things.

The only thing I'm iffy about is the design relative to Win7, but ultimately it seems like Win10 is right on track for the "every other is good" pattern they've set.

I just want a pc that can run games. T_T

Reactions: erkicman
I will probably get this with my next computer, I fear my 4 year old laptop might explode trying to run it.

KI coming to PC is great news and to top it off here is the S2 finale trailer.

Last edited:
Reactions: North888
I plan to buy an xbox one eventually, but KI is a game that always looked awesome to me, the style, the characters, there is something in orchid that makes her look enchanting, jago looks badass, and the combo system looks fun.

I like the design quite a bit. Hisako is amazing.

Is Hisako as fun as she sounds? Counter moves that work as stance cancels and those command grabs look like they're a lot of fun to work with.