• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

Not much that can be said that hasn't already been said, but here it goes anyway.

Thanks to EVERYONE for an amazing weekend. This community is wonderful. The fact that the game is still growing and the hunger is still there is fantastic. The passion this community has it what assures me that it will be around for awhile. Thanks to the SGC for being extremely welcoming to new players, that's always good to see. As has been mentioned, there were people that had bad experiences, and that sucks, but I'm glad our community was able to support them when they were feeling stressed out and unwelcome. This is the kind of thing we need to do to make the fgc a better place at large.

Thanks to Rick and the Combobreaker staff for knocking it out of the park again.

I'm kind of done posting individual shoutouts. This community is too big to do that anymore. I spent time hanging out and talking to everyone I wanted to hang out/talk with. If I said hi or had a conversation with you it's because I value you as a friend. I don't need to tag you in a post with some blurb of something we talked about to remind you that the community makes these tournaments worth going to.

I love fighting games, fighting game tournaments, Skullgirls, and the Skullgirls community. I'm going to do this shit forever.

Until next time, everyone (next time being CEOTaku).

Last edited:
Wow, you finish finals and immediately lose the ability to communicate in English. I'm impressed.

Can I get a translation? Google translate is sketchy at best

He was the guy with the hitbox with tits on it. The titbox.
Wait a sec Gaype Orn's still up to his usual stuff?

Reactions: zarkingphoton
Shoutouts to Yipes, for saying he'd play SG sometime and then streaming six straight hours of Punch-Out!

Shoutouts to Rizil for the sweet suite.

Shoutouts to Humbag for the vociferous commendation.

Shoutouts to Duckie for the help and everything.

to Adeveis for the Naruto set. I'll get you back, tho.

to everyone with a unique setup (crosshander, keyboardshoebox, etc), y'all do you.

to Alex for the scotch

to Sharpie for the pizza

to 610Man for defending our country

Shoutouts to cosplayers, oooh!

Shoutouts to shoutouts

Tekken Ball was a fucking blow up, tho...

Did you all get that thing I sent you? Did you like it?

Shoutouts to everyone in the sgc being so cool that my friend nik, who hardly even plays this game and didn't know any of you before CB, felt so invited that he spent more time hanging out with you guys playing casuals and drinking than even I did.

I just saw that Bob's Burgers episode where Bob goes to the hotel for a burger convention to meet up with people in his favorite online message board. It turns out that they all think he's a massive asshole since they aren't aware that he acts sarcastic at times or that he isn't mad when he types in ALL CAPS. Thus he is heavily ostracized and made fun of. It's actually very funny watching it after experiencing Combo Breaker. It was like everyone's worst fear played out in a cartoon.

Reactions: ninja-nutria
dekillsage vs 159man

omg when i saw that match the first thing i thought is "i hope he got sage crumpling the receipt" and the first thing you said was "oh my god i didn't record that damn it" i'm so tight we were SO CLOSE

It was like everyone's worst fear played out in a cartoon.

Except I'm a big asshole online and an even bigger asshole irl when you meet me.

omg when i saw that match the first thing i thought is "i hope he got sage crumpling the receipt" and the first thing you said was "oh my god i didn't record that damn it" i'm so tight we were SO CLOSE
Sorry for killing eSports, again

@mcpeanuts You framed your shots a lot better than me. You even got the tv to basically fill the frame. Are you sitting on somebody's lap?

To everyone that I got to play or even just say hi to, THANK YOU!! It was soooooo good meeting everyone after all these years being stuck with laggy connections, I was actually pretty terrified since it was my first time going to another country and my first time actually playing the game offline but you guys made me feel right at home, everyone was super nice and welcoming and I couldn't be happier to be a part of this amazing community. Unfortunately I didn't get to play everyone I wanted to, it was just too many people and too little time... but I already started saving up so next time I got you guys! Also, I'll try to not choke in tournament for the next one ^^'

Thanks for one of the best weekends ever everyone <3 <3 <3

To everyone that I got to play or even just say hi to, THANK YOU!! It was soooooo good meeting everyone after all these years being stuck with laggy connections, I was actually pretty terrified since it was my first time going to another country and my first time actually playing the game offline but you guys made me feel right at home, everyone was super nice and welcoming and I couldn't be happier to be a part of this amazing community. Unfortunately I didn't get to play everyone I wanted to, it was just too many people and too little time... but I already started saving up so next time I got you guys! Also, I'll try to not choke in tournament for the next one ^^'

Thanks for one of the best weekends ever everyone <3 <3 <3
Caio I miss you already ;_;

Reactions: CaioLugon
God i miss America and Combo Breaker already. It was a big challenge to try hitbox in a tournament for a keyboard player.
now i think keyboard is jut a garbage.
Thanks @Skarmand who always be there for me, i truly appreciate it being so nice for a exotic fresh offline player.
Thanks for the trip to IHOP at 4:00 am.
Thanks for the trip to Pizza place(already forgot what is it's name), it was delicious
@joshb911 ADD ME ON STEAM.
Nice to meet all of you, wish i will be able to join you guys next year.

there are way too many people now to individually shout out now (ill still do a few), but i wanted to say thank you so much everyone for attending CB, old and new players.

last year's CB made me want to stick with the game and seeing how big it's gotten since is amazing; this community is one of the best ive ever been a part of.

going on stream for the first time and almost running it back against @WarpedEcho was an amazing feeling with the crowd cheering behind you; and i dont feel bad about going 4-2 at all thankfully due to the losers bracket being reset due to a volunteer error.

i got to be a lot, lot more social with everyone in the SGC and got to know everyone better; from playing friday night casuals to being drunk as fuck on saturday to going to round one with @Duckator / katy/ dolfin/ @Hopscawtch / @LazyBakemono, and going to the pool on sunday, there wasnt a single day i didnt enjoy myself.

everyone who attended, and even didnt attend (@Pickles ;_;) i hope to see you all again soon.
ill be at CEOtaku and GUTS4 as well! ^^

one day i will introduce myself to @Mike_Z
and i finally got to introduce myself to @Skarmand after 3 majors lmao
@Katy Pamyurin is a giant fuckass and i love you so much
@cloudKing211 is a big nerd and i know youll break top 5 next time
@WingZero drunk you is great
@Negus Eyoel training stage music
@Saske RISE KEYCHAIN POGCHAMP
@dekillsage ty for bringing the naruto cloak and im glad you enjoyed the robin
@Dolfinh you can never escape me no matter what you do
@YoshimitsusEspeon your DC stick is an abomination
@LSP SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEE
@TLOYou seeing a former brawl central member is wack as fuck but the world really is small; i hope you stick with sg!
@fenster we finally got to talk for a good bit after 2 majors, you have good taste in tales of games and jrpgs!
@TheFatman @Grodie @Adeveis GGs in pools, i learned a lot from playing y'all!
@Swiftfox-Dash TJ youre probably my favorite SGC member in terms of personality, let's hearthstone again soon

i know i forgot a ton of people but everyone i talked to and said hi to you're all awesome. :3

Last edited:
Great event. Too many people.

Thanks KPB for the room and company. The pictures, the shirt, the ice cream (maybe not the ice cream) and the appreciation for my fine cooking.

Thanks for having me on stream. I have a fan now!!! (how did this happen?) It means a lot that people came up to me and said they enjoyed my commentary. Definitely a confidence booster. (So is having a fan, oh my god)

To all my online warriors that were there, sorry we didn't get to hang. Days seem to be getting shorter.

Great times with the card games. Sadly no beat em ups. Great times in the pool. Great times hearing the mario party hype.

Now that the even is over, I'm looking forward to CEOtaku. I hope to see all of y'all there.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I wanna shout out everyone, but there was too much magic that happened.

I'm workign on a write-up for SRK. Can anyone link me to all the SGC photos that were taken? Is there an album somewhere?

Yo I actually met people this tournament.

Shout out to @WingZero for double eliminating me from tournament, weren't for him I would've won the whole thing.

shout out to Monzel for helping me mentally recover during my pool.

Shout out to @CaioLugon for fun set post-top 8

Shout out to @dapurplesharpie for ordering the pizza and working really hard to make sure the community is doing well.

Shout out to @Broseidon Rex for the Loonacy stories and being an ingenral fun person to be around.

Shout out to @cloudKing211 for recognizing me despite never having a conversation with me.

Shout outs to all the people @fenster who didn't recognize me @mcpeanuts despite talking to me numerous times, but I don't hold grudges @dapurplesharpie and I don't name names @Fuzzy_Snugs so y'all still cool with me

I feel left out that I wasn't around you guys more often.

I usually dont do shoutouts because I miss people but holy shit i love all of you guys and i love our scene. I remember a time where literally it would be me kenin mcpeanuts sage and like 4 other people and we would get hype going "OOO WE HAVE A MAJOR TOP 8!!"
I literally watched us grow
Winter brawl 2014 was like 7 people
2015 20
2016 60 (I think!)
ANd it goes on. SO happy to see how well this event was run as well, and this easily was the best tournament i have ever been to in my life. I cant wait until next year. Thanks @thehadou and everyone else <3

Easy Coast!
THE WORLD.PNG