• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

How many people have competed in CB last year?

But will you tie your shoes?
I will tie my shoe. And i will knot see defeat.

I'm curious. What platforms do most tournaments use? PC or PS3?

PS4.

PC is not viable for Tournament.
PS3 is outclassed by PS4 in performance and TO hassle because all DLC is always included.

Reactions: Pickles
I would imagine it's because they're hard to standardize are very bulky and every other game (except for KI and w/e is on ps3) is already on one machine the ps4 so having both pcs and ps4s (on top of ps3s and xbones) would probably be a pain for TOs. I dunno for sure though.

Either way the ps4 version always has the dlc and no one has to worry about someone not downloading them on pc

Reactions: MegaMix
See I kind of want to go to Combobreaker, but I'm worried that I would be one of the handhful of people there who isn't 24 and under.

McPeanuts is 76 and there's plenty of others who are in there 30's and late 20's.

We could really use the entrants and we would love to see you there.

Don't let age stop you from supporting the community : )

See I kind of want to go to Combobreaker, but I'm worried that I would be one of the handhful of people there who isn't 24 and under.
I'm 34 dawg, if you wanna sit around and complain about how young people today are always _____ and trip top players as they leave the stage while shouting "Watch yo LEGS bro!" I gotcha covered.

What percentage of people who go to Combobreaker would you guys say are 22 and under? 95%?

I just hate the feeling of being the "old dude" around a bunch of youngns.

i'm 23 so I might as well be your dad watch out son

I vaguely remember being 22 in the long ago time.

Last year I came to the wrong airport and had to take two metro things to get to the venue, before I buy my plane ticket which airport should I be going to? Apparently I can't read maps or something.

I'm 34 dawg,

*GASP* Maybe I haven't made a total mess of my life and in X years I can be as great as Mike Z! I can only hope. Better get to work!

So many of us are old. We were impressed this tommer kid could tie his shoes. Youngins tend not to care about these types of things.

*GASP* Maybe I haven't made a total mess of my life and in X years I can be as great as Mike Z! I can only hope. Better get to work!
"X" has actual meaning as a number, you know... :^)

Legit the best part of going is that literally EVERYONE has seniority over Skarmand. I think they finally cut the umbilical cord last week or something.

Let's talk about routes to work and the best way to drywall at Combobreaker Mike.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Let's talk about routes to work and the best way to drywall at Combobreaker Mike.
The best way to drywall at Combo Breaker would be to hire a local company and create labor teams from probably the SF5 player base, since we wouldn't want to disrupt any of the other games. That many people would get it done in about 3-4 hours, I estimate. ::chews his pipe::

In seriousness WHICH AIRPORT DO WE GO TO? SWIFTFOX AND I ARE CONFUSED AND I'M TOO OLD TO UN-CONFUSE MYSELF.

Reactions: The Dave
"Hey Mike while we are at Combo Breaker we should talk about routes to work and drywall techniques."

Your answer was funnier so I am happy with the sentence structure I used.

In seriousness WHICH AIRPORT DO WE GO TO? SWIFTFOX AND I ARE CONFUSED AND I'M TOO OLD TO UN-CONFUSE MYSELF.
O'Hare is closer, but because of the highway routes you'd have to take from O'Hare to get to Pheasant Run Resort, Midway is almost the same travel time via automobile (1 hr). I think the shuttles are lined up for O'Hare, though, so go with that.

Yeah I was 22 like you once. But yeah anyone willing to give this man a lift from the O'Hare airport to the venue on Wednesday? My flight gets in around 3:30pm, and I'm more than willing to give gas money or favors. (Not of the sexual kind)

Okay I MAY stop buy. Can I just pay my registration fee and then drive to when the Skullgirls competition starts and spend a few hours there?

Shabam:
https://combobreaker.org/travel said:
ARRIVING BY AIR:
Please plan on traveling to O’Hare International Airport (ORD). O’Hare will be the closest airport to our venue, the Mega Center, at Pheasant Run Resort. Additionally we are offering a free shuttle service exclusively from O’Hare. Please note that flying into Midway Airport will increase your travel costs and transit time to the venue.