• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

me.⁽ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᶦ ᶫᶦᵛᵉ ᶦᶰ ᶜʰᶦᶜᵃᵍᵒ⁾

Anyone arriving at O'Hare around 10:30 want to split an uber or something?

Eh, we all got weird idiosyncrasies

Sounds like you don't know about the real shit.
And I never will.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

How were the pools grouped? Is prior experience part of the criterion? All the pools seem brutal though TwT

How were the pools grouped? Is prior experience part of the criterion? All the pools seem brutal though TwT
Generally speaking, pools are seeded to spread out players who have won prior tournaments. Additionally, they attempt to spread players from other players local to them so you don't end up fighting your roommate in round 1 of an international major.

Reactions: Dhoppler
Yeah. At majors they try to spread talent as thin as possible before creating all the separate brackets. After that it's regional. Then the pools are skill seeded as best as possible to create brackets.

Me and Grodie made it to the venue! We've been awake for 16 hours but it's not even 2pm yet! Timezones are weird. If anyone else gets here and has a laptop or other setup, let us know so we can SG and chill

I'll be there tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing you again!

I'll be there too.

Like you weren't planning to SG and chill anyways.

SIR I AM A MARRIED MAN
When had this ever stopped anyone? I see you playing games.

Reactions: alexpi and Kai
Ayyyy shoutouts to all planes being grounded and no planes being allowed to enter chicago due to weather.

Reactions: Broken Loose
Yeah weather report says theres storms in chicago but aparantly we will be boarding in a bit

It feels like it's already come and gone, but yeah, there was definitely enough wind to cause issues. The domino effect could cause some pretty significant delays coming into town.

Sheesh. Hopefully it's not going to be a problem tomorrow, since I'm guessing most people are flying then.

Crap, I just realized I can't find the e-mail with my registration ID for the shuttle. I'm in the pools and have my receipt of payment, so I know I'm in, but I can't find the CB signup e-mail.

Wait.

Wait shit, was I supposed to do something for the shuttle?

Coming in tomorrow.

Sheesh. Hopefully it's not going to be a problem tomorrow, since I'm guessing most people are flying then.

Crap, I just realized I can't find the e-mail with my registration ID for the shuttle. I'm in the pools and have my receipt of payment, so I know I'm in, but I can't find the CB signup e-mail.
My transaction ID was printed on my receipt of payment, are you sure you're not skimming past it?

If registration ID and transaction ID are separated then I'm at a loss, too.

is there a shuttle from the midway airport? That's the one I'm flying into. Also whats the weather like down there, should I bring light or heavy clothes?

I don't think there's a shuttle at Midway, but you can get to O'Hare via a couple transfers on the L (probably Orange line at Midway down to Roosevelt, transfer to Red there, switch to Blue Line two stops later at Jackson and ride that all the way down to O'Hare. The nice thing about that route is that you'll only have to pay for one ticket, since both transfers are in the same station). Failing that, there's always a cab or Uber, though that'll be more costly.

Far as weather goes, it looks like it's going to be hot and rainy this weekend, so pack light clothes and an umbrella.

Does the shuttle work by some reservation system, or can we just show up and get on board? Because I forgot the part where we were supposed to email them our registration IDs and arrival times.

Who is landing tomorrow around 1pm?

Want to split a cab? I don't trust uber.