• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mighty No. 9

your builds are subpar at best while mine are O P T I M I Z E D

your builds are subpar at best while mine are O P T I M I Z E D

okay ms tank build

keep talking shit

that being said; i've also had reports of simply trying to REDEEM MN9 crashing the steam client and how trying to redeem on PS4 not being possible
also
humble bundle DUPLICATE codes and MN9 being detected as a virus

this game is fubar fam

This is literally one disaster after another. Like yiiiikes.

okay so I'm four levels into it

It's hardly the worst game ever, but it's a 6/10 still. It's got major flaws and occasional level design disasters that totally go against the occasional really neat idea or boss fight.

But yeah it's bricking people's Wii U's which is dumb, thank god I'm on PS4, but even then the framerate dropped a few times.

okay so I'm four levels into it

It's hardly the worst game ever, but it's a 6/10 still. It's got major flaws and occasional level design disasters that totally go against the occasional really neat idea or boss fight.

But yeah it's bricking people's Wii U's which is dumb, thank god I'm on PS4, but even then the framerate dropped a few times.
just you wait for the end...

trust me... it's... oooooooooo~

it's just magical

just you wait for the end...

trust me... it's... oooooooooo~

it's just magical
is it just a link to the new kickstarter?

Looks like some people's code's for PSN are not working now and they received 2 Retro DLCs instead 1 Retro DLC and 1 Ray DLC.
This happened to me. I didn't care enough to complain, though.

Yeah, 6/10 seems about right. Whoever said that it would be like one of middling Mega Man games was dead on. The games it reminds me most of aren't disasters like X6 or X7, but of the middling ones like X5 or X8, or Mega Mans 5-7, the games that are 'okay' without being much more than that. I will say, the game does a few things I really like; the way weapon energy works is great, it gives incentive to use special weapons in places other than the boss, which was always the most fun way to play Mega Man, but the way energy pickups worked kinda pigeonholed you into only using one. I'm only two levels in right now, so keep that in mind, but I did like how the effective weapon worked on Avi. Instead of just being 'This weapon does extra damage against this boss and maybe it stuns them', it just gave you more opportunities to fire, which I like quite a bit. I could take or leave the assists on levels, on the one hand it gives more of a impact to what route you choose through the levels, on the other it's painfully obvious what the weakness is. The level design is middling so far, and the dash through enemies mechanic is incredibly awkward and requires a lot of memorization if you want to use it effectively, and I feel it could be conveyed better when the enemy is ready to be absorbed.

The game is fine. Mighty No. Fine. Mighty No. Okay I guess. Mighty No. Buy it if it's on Sale.

Reactions: DukeMagus
is it just a link to the new kickstarter?
heh... oooooh

how I wish... no. but it's just as... eh... bad.

also you get 90's rap music for the credits thanks to Mega Ran

@Kawalorn as a reminder, LabZero didn't make Skullgirls FROM SCRATCH for 1Million. The game had already been mostly made. The 1 Million went to FINISHING the game and creating DLC for the game. They didn't remake the entire engine after that Kickstarter.
"The $829k", you mean. :^)

The total cost for SG including the IGG DLC and everything up through SG2E that's out right now is under $2.5m. From the first day we were paid at Reverge until Robo.

Sure, you can make a game like MN9 cost $4m, but at that level of quality you can only do that by wasting a ton of money.

The total cost for SG including the IGG DLC and everything up through SG2E that's out right now is under $2.5m. From the first day we were paid at Reverge until Robo.

Thanks Mike-Z, It's really good to know such numbers.

Honestly, with that quality I expected something like $5m from your game.

wow...

under 2.5 mill?

tsk... I am now curious on what did Comcept spend their money on. Cause it's certain that it wasn't on Lvl design. If I had to guess... they might have blown it all on porting the game, but then they had unreal 3 which would have made it somewhat easier to port the game to other consoles right?

what ever, all I know is Indivisible is going to be great and I can take 100% pride and joy in giving my money to that game.

oh holy shit guys

Countershade's level (the sniper voiced by Steve Blum) is one of the worst platforming levels I've ever played in a video game. It needs to be SEEN to be believed.

The level is a linear path that you start from the middle. It's entirely a straight line. As you go forward, there is a "sniper sight" that tries to hit you with bullets. It works on a timer - sight is up for 5 seconds, then you hear shots, and then 2-3 seconds later the sight turns into bullets that can hurt you.

You follow the sight (as you see it actually move through the air, which is totally nonsensical being a lazer that moves at the speed of light) to the boss, who is hiding in the middle of a hallway. You fire a few times and he disappears. Now you wait for the boss to appear again, either to your left or your right and keep chasing him. You do this multiple times.

Now, this wouldn't be so bad if there weren't, as you continue onward through the level, times when the walls become ELECTROCUTED which are ONE HIT KOS. Should be noted that these run on a timer like the gun... but not synced up. And you get knockback. Meaning you can potentially be put in situation where DEATH IF THE ONLY OPTION because RNG and timers killed you.

Once you hit him enough (it's a lot) you go onto a fight in a boss room immediately and... the boss is decent. I had no problems with it. But that's cause it's in one room.

But holy shit this level needs to be seen to be believed. All the while the Backer Portraits are smirking as you run past them MULTIPLE TIMES.

yeah no... i played it.

it is bad.

also Shade's weakness is the Thunder Shock thing. so just use that and then swap to the Blades to finish him off.

He was easy enough to beat with the lemon shooter, and honestly his battle was pretty decent

but man that level is... whew. And if you die, it's back to the start. Which with insta-kill wall-electricity is just dickish.

I've never had too many problems with backtracking, but the one-hit kill wires were a little bit atrocious, made worse by the fact that you have no checkpoint until the boss is kind've unbelievable.

At least his weapon's cool.

You have this man who created a series of games that is forever embedded into gaming history as a great and influential series. Same goes for George Lucas and Star Wars.
But Magma-chan! Mega Man's creator was not involved with this project!

*screams internally*

This is literally one disaster after another. Like yiiiikes.
A curse then? Lab Zero passed for one too. Let's wait and see when it ends.

"The $829k", you mean. :^)

Sure, you can make a game like MN9 cost $4m, but at that level of quality you can only do that by wasting a ton of money.
You cut your own wages on the project... Indies/young small devs are more prone to do it than a lot of old timers.

Oh, missed this

he is also terrible at PSO2.

Somebody on this forum playes PSO2 besides me??

Hit me up! (I hope you're on ship 2)

(I play once a millennium when the stars align)

I have 7 characters.
Ship 1, Ship 2, Ship 4, Ship 5, and Ship 10.

Both Ship 2 and Ship 10 have two characters each.
Gimme that IGN, fam.

A curse then? Lab Zero passed for one too. Let's wait and see when it ends.
to be honest the Lab Zero Curse is more like this... minor annoyance than anything else.

like seriously i think the spirit of JuJu isn't really doing a good job at keeping LZ down. Like she's just laying back and hanging out with Fang and the other lost DLC characters in the spirit realm.

Honestly lab zero doesn't really have any game runing curses just annyoing bumps that could result in problems (that character, Red Cross, Konami, etc.) but I'm not superstitious when it comes to "curses"

Mighty number 9 is a result of bad management on well...almost everything. Sonething Lab zero and a lot of indie companies don't follow, which is good.

I have 7 characters.
Ship 1, Ship 2, Ship 4, Ship 5, and Ship 10.

Both Ship 2 and Ship 10 have two characters each.
Gimme that IGN, fam.

Sweet. My character is named Yelpagurp. Maybe I'll start playing again once my summer math class ends.

I miss having a color coded team. I was the best color (aka blue)
t8Te4FR.jpg
Everyone has retired except Green. Blue and Purple might go well together though~

I just decided to check out the first page of this forum thread.
I'm just gonna say
"woof"
Doesn't look too bad unless I missed some purge. Hadn't even been there since the whole Dina thing.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/21/kei...-no-9s-launch-version-is-better-than-nothing/

at this point i no longer have words.

i'm... i'm shell shocked.
"We know it's disappointing but it's better than nothing" "We could have put in microtransactions and DLC but chose to put this out instead"
Wow just wow.

Edit: HEADS UP
Since this is a day one release can we keep discussions about the actual game in spoilers? I'm at work and lurking here but just skimming people are already talking about boss stuff and I've gone through great pains (read not much) to keep this experience as fresh as possible.

Doesn't look too bad unless I missed some purge. Hadn't even been there since the whole Dina thing.
just looking at the smug hopefulness that eventually came crashing down.
and me being an asshole but I'm like that all the time. :/

So essentially this whole thing has been this
vvwfEYS.jpg

I mean don't get me wrong, I can somewhat appreciate the game (mostly because I like how the bosses look), but after everything that's happened and is currently happening, I'm not sure if I even want to buy the game. And even if I do, it would mostly be for the bosses and story maybe.