• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mr Peck's Comical Character Crisis

Mr Peck

that UK Peacock player
Reaction score
Peacock Robo Fortune Parasoul
Hi, I'm Mr Peck, I'm from England and I play this game a lot. I made it into top 16 at Evo and I generally do well in EU Skullbats, but I've still got a long way to go!

Anyway, I've been trying to find a trio team to stick with for a while, but I'm having problems making rushdown Peacock work. The beta changes help her, especially with the buffed c.HK and the fact that j.MK is an overhead, but I'm still struggling with it pretty hard. After taking a bunch of notes and trying out several teams to see if I could make her work as a rushdown character, I settled on Peacock / Filia (updo) / Fukua (L shadow) or Peacock / Filia (updo) / Beowulf (L chair). I pasted the notes here, in case it helps anyone:

I DON'T LIKE USING THESE CHARACTERS:

Big Band - too slow and defensive for me, and I don't like parries
Double - not enough mixups or mobility for me, and I don't like her reliance on j.HP
Eliza - much too slow and floaty for me, and I don't like Sekhmet or her helpers
Ms Fortune - I don't like puppet characters and my opponent can snap off my head to force me to play headless
Parasoul - low mobility, and too poke-oriented for me. I want to go in and go ham
Squigly - too slow for me

SO THAT LEAVES ME WITH (in rough order of preference):

Peacock
(1st slot)
- It's Peacock! If I didn't like her I wouldn't go to all this effort to attempt to make her work as rushdown. Fun movement options, awesome projectile setups, great air normals, lots of overheads. She's the only character in this game who gives me that 'high mobility rushdown with projectile setups' feeling that you get in games like Guilty Gear.
- On the other hand, I don't enjoy playing zoners at all. If I can't make her work as rushdown, I'd rather drop her completely than play a zoning Peacock.
- She's meant to be a zoner, not rushdown. She has no fast lows, no multi hit ground normals, a poor airdash and slow ground dash startup, and few tools to get in on other zoners (beta c.HK>Mbang helps a lot). If your opponent starts to pressure you, you have the defence of a zoner (i.e. it's difficult). She's awful in any incoming situation and has a hard time escaping corner pressure even if you DHC her in safely using Lenny, so I'm going to keep her in the first slot.

Filia
(1st or 2nd slot)
- My favourite rushdown character. Wavedashes and IAD throw whiffs and magneto-level mixups and resets. I don't like playing anchor Filia because I'm a jerk.

Cerebella
(3rd slot)
- She's fun to use, she's a strong anchor in every single matchup, I'm good with her (imo!), and she has a huge comeback factor. Doesn't have the mobility of Filia or Peacock but she can still deal with zoners even as an anchor (not including peacock assist + H teleport, but that's going to be taken out of the game).

Painwheel (1st, 2nd or 3rd slot)
- Fun rushdown character, very footsies oriented. Doesn't scratch the same itch as peacock/filia in any way whatsoever, but still fun.

Maybe Valentine (??? slot)
- She's rushdown, I guess. I don't think I'll like her, but this could be because I've seen so many boring Valentine+lockdown players over the years. I only included her on this list because I haven't used her enough to rule her out.

Fukua
(1st, 2nd or 3rd slot)
- Fun assists (shadows), safe DHCs, good meter user, and can rushdown with projectile cover. A bit too zoney for me, and not quite enough mobility or mixups, but not the worst thing ever. That said, I'd be kind of sad if I can't find a trio consisting entirely of characters I like more than her.

Beowulf
(1st, 2nd or 3rd slot)
- L and M chair toss assists are fun for rushdown. Chair toss setups are neat. but it's not the same feeling as peacock rushdown at all. Still has cool tricks with tackle, and can escape bad situations with airgrab super.

IF I KEEP PEACOCK, HER ASSISTS NEED TO HELP HER DEAL WITH:

Enemy Rushdown
, especially from the air (val/pw/filia). I'm picking the zoning character and getting up close to people on purpose, so I need a strong defensive assist to bail me out when things go wrong.
- Updo (something like this is 100% necessary for how I want to play imo)
- That's it. Just pick updo. If I want to play rushdown Peacock, I should pick Peacock/Updo/X.

Enemy Keepaway
(peacock/squigly/parasoul with zoning assists)
- Lock n load
- Fukua shadows
- Beowulf L or H chair
- Valetine bypass? maybe not
- Maybe she doesn't even need this in the beta because of the c.HK buffs. Getting on on zoners is hard in retail but I need more beta experience against other peacocks

Her own lack of mixups

- Bella diamond drop, merry go rilla or excellabella
- Fukua/Filia c.MK
- Fukua L or H shadow
- Beowulf L or M chair
- Valentine c.MK
- Low assists are especially good because of j.MK being an overhead now, along with item drops and IAD moves
Also note that being able to countercall is awesome, but she can often safely deal decent countercall damage with item drops so maybe it's not so necessary.

PEACOCK/FILIA/BELLA ASSIST SELECTIONS:

Boxcar/Updo/throw (diamond drop, merry go rilla or excellabella?)
- Good defence, strong mixups
- Might be bad against zoners, bad countercall damage, potentially bad assist for Filia/Bella shell.

Boxcar/Updo/Lock n Load
- Really good defence; if you snap in one defensive assist, there's still another one. Good at approaching zoners, good countercall damage, good assist for Filia/Bella shell
- Not fun to use. No mixups. Forces peacock to zone if her opponent doesn't get hit by easy mixups.

Boxcar/c.MK/Lock n Load
- Good mixups, good at approaching zoners, good countercall damage
- No defence. Peacock is going to fold under pressure, and she's playing rushdown so that's a big risk.

OTHER PEACOCK TEAM OPTIONS:

Peacock (boxcar) / Filia (updo) / Fukua (L shadow, or even H shadow)

- Good defence, good mixups, good against zoners, fun to use, good assist for shell, armor-breaking assist beats out things like lock n load.
- Can I get the same results from anchor Fukua as I do from Cerebella? I'm always happy to fight 1v3 as Cerebella and win. Best anchor EU, get hype

Peacock (boxcar) / Filia (updo) / Beowulf (L chair, or even M chair)

- L chair is the same as the L shadow team above but with slightly less range and slightly harder to convert from (but still not hard)
- Maybe Beoking is a better anchor than Fukua? Who knows. That airgrab super is great for escaping pressure though.

Peacock (boxcar) / Filia (updo) / Painwheel (c.MP)
- Ehhh, not many mixup options. Have to rely on using c.MP lockdown to safely charge items and push opponent into corner.

Peacock (boxcar) / Filia (updo) / Valentine(c.MK)
- Doesn't have the range of the Beowulf or Fukua low-hitting assists, but it has a couple of hits of lockdown.

Anyway, after practising with those teams and using them in some long sets against good players, I still feel like trying to play rushdown Peacock is holding me back. Even if I build my entire team around giving her the best possible assists for her rushdown game, she still has a much harder time getting things done against strong opponents than my Filia or Cerebella. I'm not really complaining about it because she's supposed to be a zoning character, but it's just how things are.

So because of that, I'm going to try dropping Peacock from my main team to see how it goes. I love beta Filia and I haven't found an anchor I enjoy more than Cerebella so I'll stick with those two for the time being, and I prefer using trios to duos so I guess I'll give Painwheel and Valentine a second chance. If that fails, I'm excited about Robo Fortune so hopefully she'll satisfy my urge for crazy rushdown with projectile setups. We'll see!

Last edited:
Reactions: Muro and IsaVulpes
If you end up going with a team including both Painwheel and Bella, maybe try M Buer Reaper as the Painwheel assist. Skarmand was on Hops' stream last night and he showed you could do Diamond Dynamo, OTG Titan Knuckle + Call Painwheel, then link a Pummel Horse and get a full combo. Dunno what Filia would get off that assist tho.

I'll definitely give that a try, thanks! If I end up using Valentine on point I'll probably use bypass assist for the same thing (except bypass also works as a meterless conversion from midscreen diamond drop).

Reactions: mcpeanuts
It works straight after diamond drop, not cancelled into dynamo? On all characters?

I can't get that to work at all :(

It works straight after diamond drop, not cancelled into dynamo? On all characters?

I can't get that to work at all :(
Having not tried it myself I can't say how difficult it is, but if it's anything like Titan Knuckle + L Beat Extend, the timing is pretty tight. To do the pickup with L Beat Extend I basically had to input the assist as 6HP~LK then immediately start charging.

I find it easy from Beat Extend assist (and bypass, and similar). You can buffer the assist input a few frames early, so just do 6+MP+HK~HP or whatever.

On the other hand, I tried it with M buer assist (on Squigly, if that makes a difference) and although I can land it practically every time after dynamo (or diamond drop > dynamo), I haven't managed to make the Buer assist connect once after diamond drop > titan knuckle.

1/2F link on Squigggly and PeaCock

Doesn't work on Big Reversal (Use MGR).

Ok for everyone else though.

Edit: I forgot their names sorry.

Last edited:
Ah ok, Squig and Peacock were the only two characters I tried it on. Thanks Skarmand!

JUST MAKE SURE YOU CALL IT THE SKARMAND.

Works for Diamond Drop too.

Do we get to call stuff by our names based on whether or not we do it the most or because we did it first.
Because I would like to call st.hp -> mgr the dekillsage spectacular ugh ha ugh ha

You play copter right peck? Painwheel and copter is super good you just do j.hp call copter can't do anything.

Reactions: Mr Peck
I used copter in 2013 and I might have used it during Evo this year too maybe? But aside from Evo, I haven't used it in about a year. I prefer lock n load for the filia/bella shell, but if I stick with painwheel I'll go with copter for that reason.

Do we get to call stuff by our names based on whether or not we do it the most or because we did it first.
Because I would like to call st.hp -> mgr the dekillsage spectacular ugh ha ugh ha
I already do.

Here I am, Evo2014 Finals, in the crowd.
You just kill Bella and Peacock is on incoming.

During that little delay I whip my head over to @GirlyStyle and I say
"s.HP block into MGR"
BOOM.
Then I'm like
"MY FUCKING READS OHHHHHH"
And girly style kills himself laughing.

Also Peck, if you have a DP I would take Copter too.
Only reason to take a different assist like say LnL would be for AC360 vs safe DHC's to punish Catheads and stuff.

Also Peck, if you have a DP I would take Copter too.
Only reason to take a different assist like say LnL would be for AC360 vs safe DHC's to punish Catheads and stuff.
Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'm used to thinking that I absolutely need a long range assist to deal with zoners, but that's probably not the case if I'm not trying to play rushdown Peacock.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'm used to thinking that I absolutely need a long range assist to deal with zoners, but that's probably not the case if I'm not trying to play rushdown Peacock.
You could also change it depending on the matchup. I use L Beat Extend most of the time but I switch it to H Brass against zoning characters.

I feel H.LnL assist is closer to what you want per se - as in that "projectile based rushdown" thing, where you just dash up to an opponent, call LnL, and then they see those 40f startup and can't really press anything at any point, and then you hit them. It's like having a SoID charging!

No idea how well the assist works with PW though (or whether you want to have that at all on your Filia, or are content with just .. doing Filia stuff).

Yeah, that's a good point. To be honest, my first priority is to play a bunch of matches as Valentine and Painwheel to see how much I like them. I'll worry about assists after that.

Honestly, Peacock can't really rushdown per say, but sort of force your opponent into bad situations where they have to guess a left/right and stuff.

I think Copter is better for her for that purpose than LnL is since having your opponent block copter gives you time to setup bombs or SoiD for mixups that they kind of just have to guess on.

I would have told you to go LnL for this purpose prior to the HK teleport nerf though lol. LnL is good though for use against other peacocks and varies zoning.

Yeah RemiKz, that's definitely true and I have fun in those situations as Peacock. On the other hand, I don't like zoning and I honestly think I'd have more fun picking another character and trying to play them the way I wanted to play Peacock, instead of sticking with Peacock and adapting my playstyle to something that fits her strengths. Kind of like how people who liked May's playstyle in GG Accent Core might be better off switching to another character like ABA in AC+R instead of sticking with May and trying to play her like the AC version, except my problem was caused by me wanting to play the zoning character as rushdown, not by the developers messing up my character.

I played a bunch of sets as Valentine and spent a while trying to learn her but I don't get on with her playstyle at all. To be honest, a lot of this new character stuff is a distraction from the fact that my Filia kinda sucks, so I'm going to work on her for a while instead. Here are some things about my Filia from IRC so I don't forget:

- MrPeck, you are MUCH better with Peacock than you are with Filia, even as rushdown.
- MrPeck, you even block better with Peacock because you aren't constantly doing...stuff...
- well it's not just that but like you don't reset or mix up well with her, you position yourself somewhere and then don't hit a button
- a thing to note with filia is that you need to be able to make up what you're doing
- but your goal is always to hit them, so if you go for a random airdash decide already that you want to go low on the other side
- always have a 'next thing' in mind
- I'd say "like Magneto" but that's not a lot of help.
- Me: that makes sense. I often lose track of what I'm doing with her
- MrPeck, yeah, you can tell it was like "oh okay now I'm over here"
-Me: that's the main thing I should work on now, I guess. I've been so busy playing the rest of the cast and trying to find a third character for my team that I haven't really put any time into filia or cerebella in a long time
-Me: I think I might just stick with peacock and actually learn filia properly, and by then robo fortune will be out and I can figure out team stuff (or stick with peacock)
- well you're better with Cerebella than Filia
- mainly because she's more straightforward in approaches

Also if anyone wants to play a set sometime, let me know! I want to start playing sets with more good non-EU players so I can improve c:

I just played a set in the beta against Fenster's solo Parasoul that went pretty badly. I was missing inputs all over the place, my resets are kinda non-existent and my brain was having trouble keeping up with my characters, but I'm uploading it anyway because I'd love any advice for my neutral game. Especially about the following:

How do I approach Parasoul as Filia? I have no idea what I'm doing in this matchup, and I'm terrified of being smacked out of the air with j.HP or hit out of a ground/IAD approach with s.LP or c.MP. These often get thrown out from just outside updo/fenrir range so I can't punish them even when I know they're coming, and my awful tactic of 'get close and block so I don't get hit by a poke' doesn't actually accomplish anything aside from putting myself at a disadvantage right in front of their face. For what it's worth, I don't know how to approach Eliza either and it feels like pretty much the same problem.

How do I land a hit as Peacock while zoning if my opponent is playing patiently and trying to inch their way in while blocking? I'm playing in the beta, so I can't call lock n load assist while teleporting or catch my opponent out of upback with a projectile or assist call.

If I'm playing 3v1 and I successfully manage to keep my opponent away, my gameplan is just to stand there and throw out bombs and item drops for as long as possible until they eventually make their way in. If this goes badly, Peacock dies when my opponent has 95% health and I have 1.5 meters. If it goes well and I keep them out for a long time, I'll build 4 meters and eventually die when my opponent has 75% health. Fenster told me "you don't seem to argus much" after our set, but it felt like I wasn't landing any hits in the first place.

One thing to keep in mind is that I almost never teleport. I assume this could have something to do with it?

Edit: Also we both forgot about the solo vs team snapback thing. Sorry Mike Z!

Last edited:
How do I land a hit as Peacock while zoning if my opponent is playing patiently and trying to inch their way in while blocking? I'm playing in the beta, so I can't call lock n load assist while teleporting or catch my opponent out of upback with a projectile or assist call.

If I'm playing 3v1 and I successfully manage to keep my opponent away, my gameplan is just to stand there and throw out bombs and item drops for as long as possible until they eventually make their way in. If this goes badly, Peacock dies when my opponent has 95% health and I have 1.5 meters. If it goes well and I keep them out for a long time, I'll build 4 meters and eventually die when my opponent has 75% health. Fenster told me "you don't seem to argus much" after our set, but it felt like I wasn't landing any hits in the first place.
Watching this set, there's definitely hit confirms into Argus that you missed. I'm not gonna point them all out but I remember seeing hits from H Gun, M Gun, and your assists that weren't converted into Argus. If you can hit confirm more stuff into Argus then DHC to Gregor, I think this solves a lot of issues for you. You'll be using all that meter you're getting to deal some extra damage, and you'll be converting your long range hits into clean hits that lead to reset situations with the character who has the dumbest resets.

I think also you may want to go out of your way to use more of the moves that let you do Argus. Which isn't to say don't throw bombs. Bombs rule. But like, throw out some bombs and while they're busy blocking those, charge an item, and then try to frame trap by dropping a level 2 or 3 item right after they block a bomb, then maybe frame trap again after that with H Gun. If any of that stuff hits, Argus and DHC to Filia. I dunno, that's what I would do if I played this team. Back in the day when Chilldog still practiced this game and I was playing against him all the time, he would completely sell out to hit you with Argus. And the thing is even though I knew he was trying to find a way to hit confirm something into Argus, he still got me with a lot of Arguses.

One thing to keep in mind is that I almost never teleport. I assume this could have something to do with it?
Possibly? It's probably good in this matchup too, since Parasoul doesn't have an air dash or another way to quickly reverse directions while jumping. If you see her jump you can react with H teleport and get some better positioning. I don't think you really have the frames to safely do anything at that point, but if the Parasoul player gets overeager and tries to land then dash up c.LK or something, I would bet you have the frames to downback and call Filia, so they still have to respect that option.

Edit: Also we both forgot about the solo vs team snapback thing. Sorry Mike Z!

Huh? I did know about it, and I'm pretty sure I used it in the matches? Regardless, if I didn't it's because I chose not to (I don't like it very much) but have been using it in other matches. Its not something I want to do willy nilly.

EDIT: Yeah I at least use it once at 8:34 (when I probably should've just killed peacock but w/e).

Last edited:
If you want to play a rushdown peacock... Have you considered big band? I noticed that you have updo on your team despite wanting to play rushdown. Filia has hk hairball assist to support peacocks rushdown (and is loved by Au folks, the best peacock in australia) And theres also filias cr.mk assist... Giving you both a low assist and a lockdown assist in one.

So thats why i mention BB, if you give up updo, yet you want good AA defense, then L extend is probably the best AA assist in the game and is VERY good for both peacock and filia to get full confirms with.

So you have a lockdown low or a long range lockdown, and a gtfo.

Alternatively, if you cant give up updo, then you can put hbrass on your team and now youve got rushdown in a bottle. H brass is a ridiculously good all around assist:

Antizoning. Lockdown cause of its great blockstun. Combo damage optimizer cause of its one hit and huge damage. One of the best, if not THE BEST counter assists in the game. Superduper high priority cause of its armor. Clears out the bottom part of the screen so you can approach behind it and setup your offense with bombs for peacock and antizoning plus corner push for filia.

I know you already know about him, just maybe youve been thinking band is only good for lame peacocks? Idk. But he helps out my painwheels offense immensely with hbrass, and my defense out with L extend. On point hes pretty awesome as well, not the greatest resets, but he has huge damage and a decent neutral and its hard for any character to abuse anything against him.

Reactions: fenster and Mr Peck
Huh? I did know about it, and I'm pretty sure I used it in the matches? Regardless, if I didn't it's because I chose not to (I don't like it very much) but have been using it in other matches. Its not something I want to do willy nilly.

EDIT: Yeah I at least use it once at 8:34 (when I probably should've just killed peacock but w/e).
Oops sorry. Well I forgot about it then ;_;

Thanks for all that advice mcpeanuts, that that helps a lot!

And Dime_x, that's great advice too! It definitely applies to anyone who wants to play Peacock as rushdown. Big Band is probably the character I've used the most aside from Filia/Cerebella/Peacock, but I don't enjoy his playstyle at all so I'm going to try and avoid adding him to my main team unless I feel like I absolutely have to. His assists are great, but I don't want to play a character just for their assist if I can avoid it.

I have updo on my team because whenever I try running Peacock/Hairball/LnL or Peacock/c.MK/LnL I get destroyed by rushdown. Even when I was trying to run Peacock as a rushdown character, I felt like I needed updo to bail me out of bad situations because I'd be putting myself near my opponent all the time. Maybe the answer to this is to just get better at using lock n load and controlling the air as Peacock, who knows.

Anyway, they're all options that I should think about. I'm probably just going to stick with my current team until I see what Robo Fortune is like, because I've been spending way too long experimenting with different teams and nowhere near enough time actually learning my characters.

Reactions: Dime
I'm super busy with work atm so I've barely touched training mode, but I've been playing a bunch of sets against good players and learning stuff. Trying to play Peacock how she's supposed to be played instead of as rushdown is more fun than I thought it would be, so I'll stick with her and Cerebella for now.

I still have no idea what to do against Parasoul and Eliza as Filia, and everyone who I play against runs at least one of those characters. Often both! So it's tempting to just drop her and pick up Painwheel or Fukua instead. Painwheel because she's fun, and Fukua because I love BB Hood and Hsien-Ko's playstyle in VSav and @Shin ATproof and a few other people have suggested that I pick her up. She feels kinda basic and lacking in mixups to me, especially compared to those VSav characters, but I might give it a try anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
The problem with both of these is that I don't feel they fit your team too well (given that Peacock sticks around again) -

Peacock/Filia/Bella is a rather simple team that is just good; doesn't even matter whether you run LnL or Copter assist, as both work splendidly.
All chars work nicely with each other, when meeting something you don't want to face (say, Peacock mirror) you can drop a char/switch order as you like (eg the opponent won't have fun playing Peacock vs Filia/LnL Duo)

If you add PW in place of Filia, where does she sit? I would presume smth like PW/Plane/LnL or Pea/PW/LnL, but both of these are looking susceptible to snaps / in general rather shaky - if Bella dies you sit on two chars with subpar reversals and no defensive assist.
With Fukua a similar problem; what assists do you run, where would you place her? And with the added issue that she's boring as shit to play :P Like.. playing her is actually decent, but when done and sitting there reminiscing "What did I do this match with Fukua?".. one just gets depressed (or at least, I did).

What's Filia's problem with Liza btw? I don't really know either char, but on paper it doesn't look very awful?

My Painwheel team would be Peacock (boxcar or s.HP) / Painwheel (M nail or H pinion dash) / Cerebella (cerecopter), and my Fukua team would be Peacock (boxcar or s.HP) / Cerebella (lnl or copter) / Fukua (L shadow, H drill or M/H dart), or maybe I'd run it with Fukua second and Cerebella third. If I ran Fukua third I'd bring her in with a safe DHC at some point with the plan of making Cerebella my real anchor.

My problem with Filia isn't that I think she's weak or that she doesn't fit my team, it's that I've been using her for almost three years and I'm still so bad with her compared to my other characters. I used Painwheel in all the sets I've played this week and feel like I'm already getting better results with her than I do with Filia, even though I can barely remember how her mixups and resets work. Also as much as I enjoy playing Filia, I still get really frustrated when I use her against characters with long pokes like Eliza and Parasoul. Seeing as Filia is all about using her movement and short normals to approach characters who have better pokes than her, maybe that means she's not for me after all.

And I agree that Fukua is boring as shit to play, but a few people who I look up to have recommended her to me. I've been told "her rushdown is very good" and "she's got some fairly ace crossups", so there's obviously something I'm missing. I'll give her a try in training mode sometime to see what that I can find!

Ran a bunch of sets as Painwheel this week. She's a strong character, I think she'd work on my team and I'm starting to get results with her, but she's way too slow and patient for how I want to play. I want to throw down a couple of projectiles for cover and go ham, which isn't really her style. I guess Fukua's next in line!

Last edited:
Ran a bunch of sets as Painwheel this week. She's a strong character, I think she'd work on my team and I'm starting to get results with her, but she's way too slow and patient for how I want to play. I want to throw down a couple of projectiles for cover and go ham, which isn't really her style. I guess Fukua's next in line!

With the right assists and team structure pw can go in very well... In fact, one of the best offensive from neutral patterns i use is with peacock hk george assist with pw on point:

M stinger flight cancel plus hk george covers the bottom and top of the screen and allows pw to go in while covering both spaces.

H stinger plus hk george flight cancel just covers the air ridiculously well and since so much sg is used there it just works very good.

Calling george while flying makes george basically become a moving aerial shield for pw that she can advance behind in the air.

Painwheels j.mp plus hk george allows pw to go for confirmed j.mp and if she gets pushblocked the george homes in and puts the opponent in blockstun and allows pw to go for another mixup or just go for more pressure.

:)

Just some things i use when i use peacock anchor. Its ridiculously offensive for pw to fight behind and can be hard to stop when pw does jump back j.mp while calling hk george assist that she will follow in.

I still have no idea what to do against Parasoul and Eliza as Filia, and everyone who I play against runs at least one of those characters.
I'm absolutely awful against Parasoul myself, but what about Eliza gives you trouble?

I'm absolutely awful against Parasoul myself, but what about Eliza gives you trouble?
Same as Parasoul, pretty much. I find it hard to approach her because of her strong pokes, and the fact that she's in the air so much makes it hard to get a read on her with ringlet.

And thanks for the Painwheel advice Dime_x! If I end up disliking Robo Fortune and Beowulf and I need to go back to Painwheel, I'll try it out.

Reactions: Dime
Same as Parasoul, pretty much. I find it hard to approach her because of her strong pokes, and the fact that she's in the air so much makes it hard to get a read on her with ringlet.

And thanks for the Painwheel advice Dime_x! If I end up disliking Robo Fortune and Beowulf and I need to go back to Painwheel, I'll try it out.
The nice difference between Parasoul and Eliza is that Eliza has giant hurtboxes on all her pokes. Stuff like Filia's c.HP will beat out here j.MK for example.

I was doing varies situations where eliza airdashes in on you. If eliza does something like IAD j.LK, j.HP, [you pushblock], and then she tries to stay in with IAD j.MK, stuff like Filia's c.MP/c.HP, Cerebella's, LK/c.MK, and Peacock's c.LK/c.MP will beat it out.

@Mr Peck

Fukua's mixups seem basicl but are still effective. i can definitely help in that regard though ever since you gave me advice in my thread i've certainly been doing better with her and i learned alot in just that day.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I really hope you do end up picking up Beowulf.

I haven't posted in here for a while, so here's what I'm doing at the moment. It looks like I'm almost definitely going to love Robo Fortune, so I'm sticking with Peacock and Cerebella for now and not worrying about picking up new characters who I'll almost definitely drop for Robo.

I'm trying to improve my bad habits with Cerebella, like always going for c.LK>c.MP hit confirms point blank in the corner and never chaining into s.MP instead, which is +5 on block and still gives me more than enough time to confirm into s.HP or c.HP. I need to start working j.LP and j.HP into my game more too; I know they're great and I gotta use them more.

As for Peacock, I'm trying to figure out as many uses as possible for her tenrai-ha now that she can reliably get one with her taunt. The main ways I'm using it at the moment are for safe tag outs on block/whiff and for tag combos, but I should work on more obvious uses for it like immediately teleporting in and going for pressure on block, or forcing an opposing Peacock to either block or teleport in the mirror.

Reactions: Woofly and Flotilla
As for Peacock, I'm trying to figure out as many uses as possible for her tenrai-ha now that she can reliably get one with her taunt. The main ways I'm using it at the moment are for safe tag outs on block/whiff and for tag combos, but I should work on more obvious uses for it like immediately teleporting in and going for pressure on block, or forcing an opposing Peacock to either block or teleport in the mirror.
I think you're actually so plus from this move that you can drop it, tag to Cerebella, and get a mixup. I'm trying to do it more often too since it gives me a meterless way to tag safely.

Reactions: Mr Peck and Woofly