• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

I haven't been to GU in month(s?) now, been taking a break from video games due to personal reasons
Call Gary.

Reactions: Icky
Call Gary.
Haha, thank you for letting me know xD I honestly don't think i have anything but his email address, and I'm assuming he was looking for a ride to GU

Well, although it's sad to hear you taking a break, it's good to know it's for good reasons. Hope everything gets resolved. Also, good luck to anyone going to Stickbug!

I just want to try and gauge interest on something. If Skullgirls was at the next New Challengers tournament (not the one this Saturday, but the next one which would be like the last weekend in October probably), how many people would be interested? New Challengers, if you aren't familiar with it, is a tournament series run out of Stratford Connecticut. I haven't been going to these since there hadn't been enough people to run a Skullgirls tournament, but the Skullgirls scene is bigger now, so it may be worth reevaluating. For me it's worth bringing the setup and running the tournament if I could get at least 8 people. Again, this wouldn't be until October, I just wanna see how many people would be interested.

I've got a big LAN I'm planning on going to for TF2 in October so I might not have money.

That's kinda doable for me, but just like with going to any of GU's tourneys, getting the day off for it will probably be hard.

As long as it doesn't interfere with Halloween weekend, I'm most likely down

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Yoyo this Friday who's planning on being there?
If you're not then you're planning on being square and that wouldn't be good because we're all human shaped and humans aren't squares.

Yoyo this Friday who's planning on being there?
If you're not then you're planning on being square and that wouldn't be good because we're all human shaped and humans aren't squares.
Too square to go, sorry. Coolcab has successfully guilted me into doing Drunk Fortress (we haven't streamed TF2 in like a month and we were supposed to play it on his birthday but I had other plans).

I'm on the fence for tonight, if I do make it out I prob won't be able to get there until 8/8:30ish

@Deer - were you looking for a ride tonight? If so, I can make an extra effort to get there

blobfish-psychrolutes-marcidus.jpg

Hey guys, based on this crazy horseshit weather we're having, Fight Night has been cancelled for tonight. I wasn't going anyways but now I'm super not going. If anyone has to drive tonight please be careful.

Got bodied yet again #onlinewarrior

Well there goes the source of my happiness. I guess I'll stalk you in TF2 Peanuts and actively try to destroy your liver on every class...

Also a heads up, I've got a month left before I head back to school so then after that the next time I can prolly see you guys is at GUTS. Unless of course you do the thing that makes the most sense and drive 4 hours to my room every week during the year to play Skullgirls with me, give me money and candy and tell me how I'm your favorite Double.

Reactions: Natezer
I won't be able to make it to GU this Friday, I've been in Colorado for work this whole week and I'm miserable because I can't skullgirls.

Push buttons

That sucks :( I'll be there though. I think I may set up the stream to stream UNIEL since there will probably be a lot of people there for it, but we should have another setup for Skullgirls.

I'm 50/50 for this Friday right now. A friend's bachelor party is on Saturday, so I need to find out what the logistics are. Being up late on Friday may not be such a hot idea.

I wanna play some school girls with real human beings in the real world with air breathing

Well, I found out that at least part of the aforementioned bachelor party will involve going to a shooting range. I figure handling firearms is something I want to have a full night's sleep for, so I'm out tomorrow.

I'm still in, ride and everything.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
So. Hi guys. Been MIA for a bit longer than Icky, but I'm still interested in going. Should have a drivable car by the end of the month. And thus should be able to make it to things. With my brother, a new SG player. He's not good at listening to advice (like me), but he'll probably come with me to most events I head out to.

@Natezer This may or may not mean I would be able to give you rides. Probably may.
New Challengers tournament
Interested.

Last edited:
I am interested I'll definitely take a bus up to pawtucket if it makes things easier as well.

Just for the record, skipping fight night in favor of a good night's sleep ended up being the right call. I'm not really a gun enthusiast, but when you get the chance to fire a Barret 50 cal you take it, and that's something you want to be fully alert for.

Hey that's a day that I am not working. The facebook link isn't working for me though.

Hey that's a day that I am not working. The facebook link isn't working for me though.
You need to be logged in to see the Facebook page. I'll try to have an event thread up on Skullheart too (I would have done it today but I forgot about it)

Ah that explains it, I don't have a facebook.

Reactions: dMags
I do have facebook and get a "This content is currently unavailable" error.

Tomorrow who's planning on showing up?

Car is in shop once more for the last thing I should have to replace (How do I radiator?) in a good deal of time, so i'll definitely have to pass this week. Bright side, it'll be in good shape for all the driving I'll have to do for GUTS.

Are we streaming? We haven't done a Salt Mine in about 2 months at this point.

You know I was planning on streaming UNIEL again but last time people in my stream chat bitched at me about it, they were like "where's the Skullgirls, bring back Skullgirls". And since it seems like we should have a good showing for SG (4, that's good, relatively speaking) yeah I think I'll set it up to stream SG.

Reactions: CaioLugon
skullgirlzzzzzzz

I'll be there tonight - @Deer, I can give you a ride home if you need one too

You know I was planning on streaming UNIEL again but last time people in my stream chat bitched at me about it, they were like "where's the Skullgirls, bring back Skullgirls". And since it seems like we should have a good showing for SG (4, that's good, relatively speaking) yeah I think I'll set it up to stream SG.
Thinking about it more, and because there are now people who are disappointed I'm not streaming UNIEL, I think I may have it on Skullgirls until the UNIEL tournament starts then switch it over. If Ceno is going we should have two setups for Skullgirls so even if I switch mine over we'll still have Skulls and Girls.