• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Hey team Imma be there this Friday. If we don't have at least of of these things:
  • lions in cages,
  • ducks spitting fire
  • or a large pizza
Then We're gonna have a problem.

@Deer - I'll be there tomorrow night, but I have to leave by like 9:30. I can give you a ride home at that time if you'd like, otherwise you're on your own :-)

also skullpizzagirlsparty

@Deer - I'll be there tomorrow night, but I have to leave by like 9:30. I can give you a ride home at that time if you'd like, otherwise you're on your own :-)

also skullpizzagirlsparty
Sounds good. I'll let you know when I get there if I need a ride or not.

hey dudes just a heads up I may not be able to make it tonight, started coming down with a cold or flu the past day so I might just stay in tonight. Alternately, I may get a strong case of "fuck it" and just show up anyway, but I'm leaning towards not showing up.

hey dudes just a heads up I may not be able to make it tonight, started coming down with a cold or flu the past day so I might just stay in tonight. Alternately, I may get a strong case of "fuck it" and just show up anyway, but I'm leaning towards not showing up.
Frownzzzzzzzz. But yeah I mean obviously if you're not feeling well then don't stress it, just take it easy.

I'm gunna make a solid effort to get there, I really don't wanna miss this week to be honest. Plus GUTS is coming up soon, and I need the practice if I'm gunna get a top 16 finish :-)

Frownzzzzzzzz. But yeah I mean obviously if you're not feeling well then don't stress it, just take it easy.
To quote myself from months ago...
Fuck that. Peer pressure! Peer pressure! ;)

hey @mcpeanuts , I see that you're going to the NY monthly on Saturday, are you still planning on going to GU friday night?
Yeah, although I'm going to leave early due to said tournament. You'll probably still leave before me, though, so I don't think it'll actually affect you at all.

I've been thinking about what I said last week, about not wanting to stream our locals anymore. I have another idea. My main reasons for not wanting to do it were
-Huge pain in the ass to bring my PC monitor and PS3 and capture card and DVI to HDMI converter and hook it all up every week
-I feel guilty about taking up 2 setups worth of space when we often only get like 3 players

I can fix both problems by bringing my laptop and playing + streaming on that. Does this work for everyone? I know Ceno doesn't have access to a PC compatible stick yet but hopefully he will soon and I'm sure he could borrow a stick in the interim.

Yeah, although I'm going to leave early due to said tournament. You'll probably still leave before me, though, so I don't think it'll actually affect you at all.

I've been thinking about what I said last week, about not wanting to stream our locals anymore. I have another idea. My main reasons for not wanting to do it were
-Huge pain in the ass to bring my PC monitor and PS3 and capture card and DVI to HDMI converter and hook it all up every week
-I feel guilty about taking up 2 setups worth of space when we often only get like 3 players

I can fix both problems by bringing my laptop and playing + streaming on that. Does this work for everyone? I know Ceno doesn't have access to a PC compatible stick yet but hopefully he will soon and I'm sure he could borrow a stick in the interim.
wtf I leave and we switch back to a method that would let me use my own stick. There's clearly a conspiracy going on.

wtf I leave and we switch back to a method that would let me use my own stick. There's clearly a conspiracy going on.
get rekt scrub

e: As a serious response to this, I think the reason I was streaming on PS3 was because I thought I might be streaming GUTS 3 and I wanted to give my setup lots of tests to make sure it worked. Now that that's no longer a concern I can stream on whatever. I'd still like to do the monthly tournaments on PS3 because that's the tournament standard.

Last edited:
@Zidiane GGs as always, I think it's super cool that even in a tournament of this size we still end up meeting late in the tournament. Can't tell you how much I'm gonna miss you after you move, hope you can at least make it out to some more majors somehow.
I'm only gonna be gone a month or so. I'll come back for NEC (which is on the way to getting back home) and then afterwards I'll see about hitting up more GU's (since I'll have a new job, and probably a car).

Also, this doesn't really matter to you guys probably, but there's some people in Alabama that may be interested in Skullgirls. I'm getting a capture card and will be recording matches. Maybe it'll be a lot of fun, but maybe they'll be like "hey, get the fuck outta here with that shit, we're playing GGXXAC+R".

So I live in the Lowell area. Where are the closest weekly's and monthly's? I went to a monthly at Game Underground and that was fun but the gas money spent made me sad.

So I live in the Lowell area. Where are the closest weekly's and monthly's? I went to a monthly at Game Underground and that was fun but the gas money spent made me sad.
Game Underground is really the only show in town, sorry to say. Game King has tournaments sometimes but that's in Fall River, even further from you than Framingham. It's too bad the Souper Bowl isn't still open. That place was right in Lowell and there would be monthly tournaments there, but I think they shut down even before Skullgirls came out.

I'd be fine with that, and the stick issue for me should *crosses fingers* only go another week or two.

I'm gonna get to GU later than usual tonight, I need to go grocery shopping. It's sort of a priority, I'm out of bread and the only thing I know how to cook is sandwiches so it's a problem.

I own a cookbook, my mom gave it to me when I moved into my current place. I think it's still in the plastic wrapper it came in.

It's alright.
You fucked up. Avatars with faces should have the faces facing to the right, so they can read the posts.

<---------- good avatar

You fucked up. Avatars with faces should have the faces facing to the right, so they can read the posts.

<---------- good avatar
Skullheart posts are so dumb that my avatar doesn't want to read them.

What about now this one?
bPCAUg5.png

Last edited:
I..I want to say something to all of this, but I think in the end you guys just want senpai to notice you. So I'm gonna let you rock.

Back