• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

One Big Night! One Big Show! One Big Man! One Big Band! General Discussion

That was sick! Big Band must've been the Juggernaut in a past life, dat super! And glad to finally see some Q aspects.

Hope Big Bands keeps three armor for Heavy Rush Punch. Something tells me he might need it.
At first when I heard of 3 hits I was having nightmare flashbacks of facing Hulk (you can't spell hulk without h!). Although granted I think it will be much easier to deal with it in this game then marvel though since for starters its a special so he cant go into more things after if you try to punish it (except maybe super but dont know if you can use it like that), multi hit normals are more commonplace in this game, we got armour breaking sweeps (and slides for double too), plus in this game you cant xfactor after they dont take any of your baits and do it all again/be safe. It might be alright

Im thinking Heavy Rush Punch to Super, unless its Peacock, in which case HK Mallet Smash to Super should keep her in check

Big Band/Double
Big Band/Filia
Big Band/Filia/Double

I'm thinking that Peacock/Big Band might be popular too. His rush punch would be a good keepaway assist and mallet smash keeps them in the air long enough to chain into a projectile combo.

Reactions: Steinspisar
I'm thinking that Peacock/Big Band might be popular too. His rush punch would be a good keepaway assist and mallet smash keeps them in the air long enough to chain into a projectile combo.
Don't you mean team Big/Cock instead of team Pea/Band?

If he has a rushing punch with more armor than H.LnL, he's replacing Cerebella on my team.

If he has a rushing punch with equivalent armor than H.LnL and a 3S parry, he's replacing Cerebella on my team.

If he has a vibraslap absolutely anywhere in his movelist, I am playing solo Big Band.

I will have to say I am quite hyped about big band, all of the moves I have seen look wonderful, and I can't wait to start him as my main. I love peacock as much as any other character in a fighting game, but I can't stay away from the big characters/big damage, why do a 78 hit combo when a 10 hit will almost kill someone. As for the moves they are looking sweet as well, the mallet smash looks great but is punishable as heck, not to mention the grab air counter looks nice as well. I hope that when he his people will want to train with me, since I will be terrible starting out hands down. Also I think his rush punches will work well with a pressure combo in my head, if anyone on the ground push blocks just go in with the heavy knuckle/charge, if you use a lighter hit it will only stagger them, then you can go into the combos. Overall the only thing he needs is a Sturm Skin from Advance Wars, having that off orange with a dark purple trenchcoat would be quite a feast for the eyes.

Reference Sturm Picture: http://img.neoseeker.com/v_concept_art.php?caid=23729

Reactions: Cybermanworf
but I can't stay away from the big characters/big damage, why do a 78 hit combo when a 10 hit will almost kill someone.
Because he's so early in development that not even all of his normals hit, let alone his damage being at all balanced/correct/final. There's not a single possibility of him doing so much damage off of two specials and two level one supers in the final build

Because he's so early in development that not even all of his normals hit, let alone his damage being at all balanced/correct/final. There's not a single possibility of him doing so much damage off of two specials and two level one supers in the final build

Well actually Mike Z said that his level 1 ultimate is the second strongest in the game, which leads me to believe that is just a bit weaker than the grab ultimate that Cerebella uses. Personally I am loving the character, also according to streams and accounts of people playing, most all of his hits land now :). Here is my reference.

Also his hit box is beyond enormous. This is going to require finesse to just be able to keep people away.

3EC15052712609475EB2F3A4031256FD878B7F9F

I believe I am the first to claim this glorious prize of beating Marie in Arcade.

It also took a few tried, but on the 3rd Strike, I won.

Also, dat Q color.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
So far I'm liking his design, feels good, but the proof will be in his priority or lack therof.

Oh my goodness Big Band is ridiculous.
Sorry for being so fuzzy.

Found a 7.5k corner meterless that requires cerecopter assist, it's very similar to mpgame's combo, just does more damage.

Lol at LabZero.

Us: Can we get a health increasing taunt?
LZ: No, no powerup taunts.

Later

LZ: So if you taunt, you get mudamudamuda super!

OH YOU!

I love Big Band so far though! I'm not gonna make any combos yet though because its better to learn his ridiculous priority first! That, and all his combo options aren't exactly there yet.

Reactions: Muro
So far I love Big Band, I especially love his taunt to get a better super. I'm sure his damage isn't final, but because he will have parry and he is a cool homage to Q, I see a lot of SoloBands in the future.

PS: That Dick Tracy palette doe.

So I just realized that BB, Val, and Pea now have the full ZA WARUDO! combo save time stop. This pleases me.

Reactions: Hen Dozung
It feels a little weird that QCB+MP or HP combos directly into QCB+HP again. But it only works once, so I assume that's intended functionality. Hrm.

Really like the taunt dynamic though.

Just sent you a friend request for future Saxy Duets.

Doesn't he have a parry? How is that working out, to those who've tried him?

He doesn't have a parry yet. He's still missing stuff like 2 extra supers, air normals and even a tag-in animation.

Reactions: blufang
because he isn't finalized yet, he doesn't have parry yet.

i think last night's stream said implementing parry would be the final step to completing him.

Reactions: blufang
I love his brass knuckles. I didn't know it could connect from a throw.
I also found a couple combos:
1. (corner only) cr.LP -> cr.MP (or any variation you want) -> s.HK -> any standing or crounching light attack -> s.HP -> j.LK
2. (anywhere) Same combo as the previous except replace s.HK with cr.HP and any s. or cr. attack with any two light and medium attacks
I'm sure someone has already found these.

I also found Beatrix
UuCzSne.jpg

Last edited:
Feels a bit after a few matches, that Big Band really messed up Peacock, especially as an assist. Rush Punch assist autoguards and fullscreens, so it might be used to deal with Peacock item spam on reaction.

That said, I could see Big Band becoming a quasi-"Team Scrub"with Peacock and a good AA assist.

BTW BB's super unpowered did not DHC into Argus , that's something I'd like to see changed.

Some Big Band online (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 with BB as sub) matches I did. It was awesome!
Whoa. I didn't know Mike already added Vsav-style solo matches

Yeah, he added them a while back.

Reactions: EA575
Do you feel the across-screen armored punch is TOO strong? It's essentially an across-screen 1-hit lockdown :( being all the way across screen....fine..whatever, i dont like that, but i get it. But armored...really. come on. Assist-wise it's ridiculous -_-

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Do you feel the across-screen armored punch is TOO strong? It's essentially an across-screen 1-hit lockdown :( being all the way across screen....fine..whatever, i dont like that, but i get it. But armored...really. come on. Assist-wise it's ridiculous -_-

Yeah I get what your saying but if it didn't have armor it would be REALLY easy hit him

Reactions: blufang and Icky
CMPmwXS.jpg

Big Band assist nailed my Fortune earlier in the match this picture came from and she got stuck like that. (The Mami Fortune. The one that's FLOATING.)

Yeah I get what your saying but if it didn't have armor it would be REALLY easy hit him
then maybe making the actual attack a disjointed hitbox, but keeping his body a regular hitbox. or maybe the first frame of the attack invincible.

s.MP -> chain into itself 25 more times (26),
When you've got the (invisible) trumpet out, you can press s.LP and s.LK as well as s.MP to get 3 different notes ;)
(seen at about 20-23 seconds in:

edit: wow that's a bit laggy

Reactions: Kat
then maybe making the actual attack a disjointed hitbox, but keeping his body a regular hitbox. or maybe the first frame of the attack invincible.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea as long as it just affects the assist and not on point big band

hi does anyone know how to do Big Band's anti air rush punch? thanks