• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

One Big Night! One Big Show! One Big Man! One Big Band! General Discussion

Well it's not only that but people would do well to get used to the new IPS/Undizzy :p. I'm still not sure what's going with IPS/undizzy mechanics to be honest

I think I am playing the beta now more than I have the actual game CURSE YOU BIG BAND!!!! *shakes fist menacingly*
I guess that what you metallic flesh-eating disease always wanted.

A playable Necron in a fighting game. There. Enjoy, you monster.

Feels a bit after a few matches, that Big Band really messed up Peacock, especially as an assist. Rush Punch assist autoguards and fullscreens, so it might be used to deal with Peacock item spam on reaction.

That said, I could see Big Band becoming a quasi-"Team Scrub"with Peacock and a good AA assist.

BTW BB's super unpowered did not DHC into Argus , that's something I'd like to see changed.
I dont think it will affect Peacock too harshly unless she's running solo:

1) assist have vulnerable frames during start up
2) Rush punch absorbs, at most, 3 hits. Peacock has george (two can be out at once and another can be made when one perishes), she has gun(three hits), she has shadow of impending doom(there are multi-hit drops), she has m.p. Bang which has invincibility, and she has a super with start up invincibility as well.
3) armored moves lose to sweeps
4)Peacock can also have her own assist(unless solo) which can be set to multi-hit moves, moves with invincibility, and/or sweeps.

If anything her biggest fear is big step since it's more likely to kill her rhythm/ momentum.

All valid ways to beat it, but I think at this point BB can rush punch Peacock item attacks on reaction, at least from full-screen. This means Peacock pretty much has to go in vs BB. That said, a blocked rush punch is death so it's not all bad.

I can see rush punch assist being more dangerous then rush punch itself.

the DHC issue is something I'd want fixed though, it would kill any BB/Peacock synergy.

I guess that what you metallic flesh-eating disease always wanted.

A playable Necron in a fighting game. There. Enjoy, you monster.

I never really thought of it that way sir, and yes you are correct, I play necrons in 40k. On so on this game I will also play the merging of man and saxophone....wait a minute.

Reactions: Lavama
Also, Lv1 Super can't whiff based on distance like Gregor Samson. He will keep traveling until he either hits or gets blocked.

Shoutouts to Big Band having Headcrusher outta corner, Juggernaunt Punch xx Headcrusher. Dat Team Z son!

Yo, how do you do the trumpet playing thing? It isn't seeming to work for me.

It only works when you have 5 meter. Then you can mash LK, LP, and MP to play NOTES

You can only use three notes so far: LP, LK, and MP.

Edit: Valentine'd

Oh, only at 5 bars.

Yeah its working now, I was training on 3 bars.

That comment was yesterday. Before that move got patched in.

@whoever mentioned it
Big Band HP rushpunch = 30f of startup.
Peacock Item Drop summon animation = 30f.
He can't rushpunch it on reaction, and if he tries you get a free punish since HP rushpunch is minus a ton on block.

If you're doing your item drops at predictable spots he can hit you by anticipating it, but that's different.

Reactions: Arcana
I noticed the input for his taunt (now KK hold for 4 seconds) has been changed, but I can't seem to get it at all. I've been pressing the input correctly, but nothing's happening. Is this possibly a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

I noticed the input for his taunt (now KK hold for 4 seconds) has been changed, but I can't seem to get it at all. I've been pressing the input correctly, but nothing's happening. Is this possibly a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?
It works just hold it for a bit longer and you'll be fine

It works just hold it for a bit longer and you'll be fine
Alright, thanks! I suppose it takes 4 seconds to do so, but I'm wondering how I can set it up without leaving myself open. Any ideas how I can?

I shall do some experimenting, and let you know.
I'm experimenting a few things as well, and if I find out, I'll try my best to share in return!

It looks like the length of time you need to hold down 2 buttons is only 3 seconds, not 4. It's a bit execution-tight, but the old setups still work. Against lightweights, you can still set up a meaty HP Brass Knuckle midscreen (cr.LKMK(start hold) s.HP, HP Cymbal, HP dashpunch, taunt as soon as they hit the ground) or a high-up s.HK wallbounce in the corner (cr.LKMK(start hold) s.HP, j.HK HK-Cymbal, s.HK so they land on it, cancel to taunt).

Against everyone but Painwheel (whiffs midscreen but works in the corner) and Big Band (hits the floor too fast, can punish with Horncrush), you can get one off of HP Beat Extend (holding LK and HK after starting the move, shake at least a few hits to be safe) into (otg)cr.LPLP (don't let final hit land) s.MKMK cr.HP, cancel into taunt.

Reactions: Kat
Beta Band breaks arcade mode. If the AI randomly gets him, it just gives up and stands there confused.
And even if you beat him and it switches out to another character, the AI is still like "wtf was that mate" and still does nothing
edit: video added

That said TUBATUBATUBA punch MURDERS Marie.

Last edited:
Also I just found out that Mike Z gave his two cents on the matter of his charge taunt, and how to do it.

"As The Gamaniac pointed out, you can get a full charge during a relatively short combo like HP Beat Extend (hold MK+HK immediately) shake, cr.LK->cr.MPx2->cr.HP, release MK+HK."
-Mike Z, quoted from the beta patch notes comment section on steam-

I'm alright with the charge taunt, but it would be nice to have something, anything saying that the charge is done.
A little ding, a small glow, just something.

Is he still gonna have a command throw? I hope so.

If he has a command throw I will carry Mike Z's baby.

I mean I've already offered my hand in marriage to him for getting Q's j.HK in.

Of course it's the best move! It was like the only move I used when I used Q! I love that move!

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Fugazi move over. It's time for Fujazzy! The opponents play horse using trumpet notes. Who ever doesnt get close enough to what was played gets drop kicked. This continues until one player is ko'd