• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Event Oversized Fisticuffs: Zidiane vs. McPeanuts

Pretty funny, and curious to hear how their experience was with all of this!
Still sorta reeling from all the face punches tbqh

Still sorta reeling from all the face punches tbqh
I'm guessing this is the secret thing they needed players for?

I'm guessing this is the secret thing they needed players for?
Yup. I wasn't totally sure what it was gonna be but this was definitely not something I would have guessed. It was fun though. I'm hoping that this gets the game some exposure to people who weren't aware of it or haven't seen it played at a high level in a long time (or at least the highest level I could manage while playing on pad).

Sure was a lot of cut-aways during the gameplay. I kinda got the feeling that they didn't really want to show off the game. :(

Reactions: LondonLavish
Sure was a lot of cut-aways during the gameplay. I kinda got the feeling that they didn't really want to show off the game. :(
They spent more time on having Peanuts and Zid shown how to punch each other with oversized novelty boxing gloves than on in-game footage.

Reactions: evilben
From watching other episodes of this show I'd say they usually show like a minute of gameplay in the whole episode, and within that minute they'll cut away to the players faces or hands a few times.

Oy @Zidiane couldn't help but notice you trying to be fancy with that entry level JoJo and I question for ya.
oNUqMd0.jpg
Because your spine looks intact to me.

Oh now it makes sense why your face in your avatar looks messed up ;)

Is sg printing money yet?

Reactions: Woofly
That's where Shoryuken has me. Where are you ranked, nerd? Probably real low (on account of how you're not good at video games).

Shoryuken gave me like a hojillion points for winning GUTS 2 which was an 8 man tournament
Wow, is that ever an incomplete list.

Can we make this the default UI?
Please don't

e: Also did you really have to use a screenshot where Zid was 360ing me

Wow, is that ever an incomplete list.
Yeah it's not great? It's also not weighting tournament results the way I think it should. Like I think Chilldog should be higher since placing at Evo should be worth a lot more. I also think the value of placing Nth at such and such a tournament should decay over time, which would give you a better sense of who the best players are right now (since me being that high on there is kind of a joke, it would be like having Viscant 4th in Marvel).

OH MY FUCKING GOD I WAS DYIIIINNNGGGG WHEN SHE INTRODUCED ZID. THAT FUCKING POSE AND "RANKED BEST." HAHAHAHA

i literally had to pause the video so i could laugh for like 5 minutes strtaight

Reactions: Colossi and Zidiane
I was about to post that. I'm choking to death in laughter over here

As embarrassing as that is, I'm pretty sure the losing poses they had me do were much worse

Yeah it's not great? It's also not weighting tournament results the way I think it should. Like I think Chilldog should be higher since placing at Evo should be worth a lot more. I also think the value of placing Nth at such and such a tournament should decay over time, which would give you a better sense of who the best players are right now (since me being that high on there is kind of a joke, it would be like having Viscant 4th in Marvel).
But how else are Justin Wong and ChrisG supposed to stay so highly ranked if we do it like that?

They're REAL players!

Reactions: Zidiane
Zid keeps rocks in his pockets at all times for just such an occasion.

Reactions: Killjoy
Also, this is an accurate representation of how I felt watching this.

Reactions: CapnWTF