• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Oh wow, geez. Randomized typing, stats, AND abilities?!? You are crazy!

Wow, Prisceel has bigger Pokéballs than me.
I'm gonna be the odd one out and vote for Magby.

if Snorlax wasn't on there, I'd definitely vote for Magby.

My vote would be for Snorlax since Snorlax as a starter sounds really good.

You know what to do.

Seaking.

Fuck yeah. Seaking. Say it with me.

Also, did it randomize them being Shiny, too, or is that just something that Randomlockes tend to have happen?

The color palette should correspond with the typing of the pokemon.

Well, wait a minute, what are the gyms again? If water or fire gives you a significant advantage over a majority of the gyms present, then I vote for the one that has the most.

If it's just about equal I'll settle for Snorlax.

Ho ho ho, the gym leaders and all the other trainers have randomized pokemon as well. c:

Reactions: Denizen
Personally I use a random number generator for these type of things, but I cast my vote for Magby personally (though if you are concerned for longevity go Snorlax and disregard me)

Isn't it randomized stats too? Magby is the only one that can evolve, so will it's stats change randomly or get an increase like regular? Or

Screw it, just go with the Snorlax.

I'm doing another part today because I was pretty curious.
Well looks like Snorlax ended up winning. Here we go!

9s1juFm.png

That Seadra actually kind of looks like a Zigzagoon.

UHqErxQ.png

Pretty easy so far.

dYZAUoa.png

Birch please.

zo6BKVN.png

I named it after Metafogos because his avatar is a Snorlax and it just seems fitting.

zXhwoJI.png

I wonder what happens if I hit no...

Ks3BeWA.png

Wait, why did you even ask me if that's what you're going to say?

Okay let's look at the stats for Metafogos.
INOEW5f.png

CjiS0MK.png

This concludes chapter 2.
Yaaay​

:D Metafogos the Snorlax :D

Dont let then dye :(

By the way... im afraid to lose the ORAS Demo :(

Create a Cannadian Nintendo CLub account to see if some promotions dont slip for my Brasilian claws...

oh please meta, a common situation is this,

fighting type Pokemon used super beast fighting move on snorlax! Its super effective!

Snorlax used its secret hidden ability "DONT GIVE A FUCK!"

Last edited:
oh please meta, a common situation is this,

fighting type Pokemon used super,beat fighting,move on snorlax! Its super effective!

Snorlax used its secret hidden ability "DONT GICE A FUCK!"

I know... Slorlax is a lot of tanky to be killed with one shot, but can happening...

I'm pretty sure fighting types only got their amazingly powerful attacks at 4th generation. I think there's high jump kick, but that's not common even today from what I can tell. If it were today this Snorlax would be in a possibly dangerous situation.

For some reason I want a Ghost/Normal Snorlax Mega...

For some reason I want a Ghost/Normal Snorlax Mega...
You could always use Trick-or-Treat on a Snorlax for Normal/Ghost shenanigans. It would be nice to see a real Pokemon with that typing though, only being weak to Dark and being immune to Normal, Ghost, AND Fighting. I hope we get to see more Megas that change typing, those are really cool.

The battle against Winona was so long that this will be a two part update.
THE BATTLE BEGINS!!!
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 3.36.47 PM.png

Here's the special tactic that I mentioned in my last update.
DRUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGSSSSSSSSSS.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 3.39.34 PM.png

One-Hit KO on Swablu!
Winona sent out Altaria next, hopefully Tech can take her out with one Thunderbolt…
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 3.41.18 PM.png

I DIDN'T TAKE HER SPEED INTO CONSIDERATION. IT'S OVER, IT'S ALL OVER!
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 3.43.37 PM.png

What, he survived the attack? Maybe Tech's ability allows him to survive any attack that reduces him from MaxHP to 0HP. Maybe Sturdy means that the Pokémon survives One-Hit KOs literally. I got lucky here, so I sent in Chicken.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 3.46.09 PM.png

I forgot that Chicken is weak to both flying and ground attacks, but I couldn't risk the death of another Pokémon by switching out. She was strong enough to survive super-effective attacks, so I took the opportunity to fully heal Tech Powah.
If I'm right he should be able to survive the Earthquake that's coming.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 3.52.24 PM.png

OK, SO I WAS WRONG.
Tech Powah surviving with just 1HP must have been a fluke, Altaria's Dragon Dance made her strong enough to take him out!
Winona healed Altaria as well, so she's just as much of a threat as she was before!
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 3.58.55 PM.png

Shihfu is my only hope right now.
Pseudo Dragon vs. True Dragon, who will win?
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.01.10 PM.png

After a drawn out battle Altaria was finally finished, but it's not over yet.
There are still three more dangerous opponents left.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.02.28 PM.png
THE BATTLE CONTINUES IN THE NEXT PART.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.Sanity
You could always use Trick-or-Treat on a Snorlax for Normal/Ghost shenanigans. It would be nice to see a real Pokemon with that typing though, only being weak to Dark and being immune to Normal, Ghost, AND Fighting. I hope we get to see more Megas that change typing, those are really cool.
Yeah, I just thought it would work best on Snorlax. He's always been such a popular pokemon, in both design and use. His use has diminished in recent years due to the massive attack stats and power moves given to fighting types though.

It might be what I would imagine his design change would be I guess.
Like imagine if Snorlax was so lazy, that it had to resort to having it's soul take over because it's body wouldn't move. I'm imagining that Snorlax's normal body would be sleeping face-first on the ground while a smaller ghost-like Snorlax is hovering above it. I would hope one of it's abilities had something to do with sleep, but you know Gamefreak...

Reactions: Agent York
THE BATTE CONTINUES!!!
I took this opportunity to heal up my surviving Pokémon.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.07.21 PM.png

Chicken took out Tropius with one Blaze Kick, it exhausted some of my resources though.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.09.04 PM.png

Skarmory went down just the same. I got pretty lucky with these type match ups.
Chicken was of a high enough level to survive the constant barrage of Aerial Aces and made up for my obvious disadvantage after losing Tech.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.10.13 PM.png

The goofy loking Pelican was the last one left.
She was no match for Shihfu and her Dragon Rage.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.12.06 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.14.48 PM.png

Denizen wins, but at what cost? There's no way that I'm going to find an Electric Type Pokémon as good as Tech Powah.
Well you know what they say, "There can be no victory without sacrifice."
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.15.33 PM.png
We continue the journey in the next update after laying Tech to rest.

Last edited:
Tech Powah's journey was short lived, but it shined brightly like the lightning in the underground city I found him in. He brought down every pair of wings I encountered on my way to Winona. Unfortunately he was no match for the power of a dragon, few rarely are.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.18.47 PM.png

@TechPowah is a faithful member of The Pack and I was glad to include him in this Nuzlocke.
There's not much else to say here, he's a cool dude and he will be missed.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.18.17 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.19.50 PM.png

I decided to replace Tech with Water, since we'll soon be fighting a lot of Fire Types.
Screen shot 2014-09-20 at 4.21.40 PM.png
In the next update we visit Lilycove City, explore the Safari Zone, and take on Mount Pyre.

I will say, for a Magneton to somehow survive a x4 weakness to Earthquake with only 1 HP left...It's almost like me liking Gen 5 so much bled into Magneton and made Sturdy end up working like Gen 5's version instead of Gen 3's. It's so poetic. Sniff...

Reactions: Denizen
That's the power of The Wulf Pack's spirit, Tech.
It can make miracles happen.

I was really hoping that Sturdy actually did work the way it did in Gen 5 and onward. I'm really sad that didn't happen. :(

So, I guess that means we have two Nuzlockes happening on this thread, now, it would seem, though they're both going in two different directions. Only good things can come from this; I love Nuzlockes, especially good ones.

Here's a new update on my Nuzlocke run. This time we add 2 new members do our conquest journey!
ro13SNk.png

After venturing up, we get to face our rival Brendan. I actually didn't run into any pokemon on the way, surprisingly.

MIsreoo.png

Well, looks like he took Magby. It was pretty close and I was afraid it was a ghost type from its color palette.

XbTDCTu.png

Yay, time to go catch some things.

GLIiA0i.png

The fast forward button made me forget that running shoes even existed.

zbBBn2A.png

Our first ally to our cause is this awesome looking Pidgey.

AlA18ri.png

I named her after Clawsome Bombs because claw... talons... I think you know what I'm getting at.

p9FgbR1.png

That Pidgey was from the route above the lab. This Horsea I found is from the route where I battled Brendan.

58XCr8W.png

I named him after Ktulu Victoria because Ktulu reminds of Cthulu and when I think of Cthulu I think of water squid slimy creatures. If that doesn't work then Ktulu Victoria's name sounds elegant and Kingdra looks elegant toooo.

I go back down to the pokemon center and prepare to head left. Before I end this chapter, let's look at them stats.

DLiGKuX.png

That typing sounds so freaking cool.

vRhdCti.png

9JRcvm2.png

From its palette, I did not expect ice type at all. That green made me think part grass or something.

sK2g57U.png

This concludes chapter 3.​

Reactions: SanoBaron and Ktulu
Elegant squid hype!

if you ever get a sandshrew, could i get my nick on it?

if you ever get a sandshrew, could i get my nick on it?
It'll be hard to find one with the randomizer, but if I do, then sure.

name the best mon after me
idk which
just make it the best one

you don't have to name one after me, but I would be very grateful if you did. :) again, you don't have to. it's cool.

Sano is weak in his asking
I DEMAND MY PRESENCE IN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL SKULLHEART NUZLOCKES

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Name whatever mon you want after me. No pressures. :P