• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Before taking on Roxanne I decided to train Sarah until she was strong enough to wipe out the Gym Leader's team single-handedly. For that to happen, she needed to evolve.
If she falls the rest of my team won't stand a chance.
Pokémon Emerald32.png

THE BATTLE BEGINS!!!
Pokémon Emerald02.png

RATATATATATATATATA, YOU CAN'T STOP HER CRAZY MACHINE GUN!
She went down in one shot! How can Roxanne be a Gym Leader?
Pokémon Emerald03.png

BUM, BUM, BUM, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST.
They're cannon fodder, this one was the same as the first!
Pokémon Emerald04.png

Those Geodudes went down easily but the real danger was in Roxanne's Anchor.
Nosepass is a tough cookie with super high defense, its power is in its ability to outlast the opponent and deliver devastation with Rock Tomb. I have to hit hard and fast to win.
Pokémon Emerald07.png

Unfortunately Sarah's Crazy Machine Gun only fired twice. Sarah took some heavy damage so we switched to Absorb to avoid any surprises.
Pokémon Emerald09.png

I anticipated Roxanne using a potion and used one myself.
This is a dangerous fight but I'm still in control of this battle.
Pokémon Emerald25.png

For the rest of the fight I alternated between Absorb and the Crazy Machine Gun until the Nosepass finally fell. I actually let out a sigh of relief when it was over.
Pokémon Emerald26.png

DENIZEN WINS!!!
Without any casualties too! However that fight against Nosepass was kind of worrying.
I think if Sarah was even a little bit weaker she would have been taken out.
I was too reckless, next time I fight a trainer I need to make sure that all of my Pokémon are always stronger than them.
Pokémon Emerald29.png

Now able to use Cut I backtracked a bit to get some useful items, then I went to Route 116 to catch that Team Aqua Thief as well as my next Pokémon which was a…
Pokémon Emerald30.png
Once again I'm leaving all of you with a cliffhanger, stay tuned for what happens next.

Sorry, I tried using the Emulator's screen capture instead of directly drawing a screenshot box around the emulator window so these images are of lower quality.

Last edited:
Hooray, I survived (my biggest fear was sturdy and then rock tomb/throw), but now all I have to do is sit back and see if my usefulness wanes as the game progresses. As I can easily be replaced by Sarah and Wing (which I actually wouldn't mind cuz Sarah is awesome) and me as backup Fly, Surf user.
8Q3XTd7.png

If you faced a Nincada and catched it, you should name him/her Beatninja (Becous Nincada and its evolved forms are ninja insects)!

Gimme.
Genesect is fine, but Keldeo and Deoxys may have moves only from 5th generation that somebody might want. Also natures and whatnot. So I'll transfer a couple over, as long as clarification on what you find necessary is said.
(For example, Keldeo's only ice attacks are it's hidden power, which I'm not good enough to figure that out, and the move Icy Wind. Icy Wind can only be taught by move tutor.
Deoxys-S and Deoxys-D are both great users of stealth rock, but both need to be taught that in gen 5)

@Dr.Sanity I just want Dex completion. Their stats, moves, etc. mean nothing. I'll take the most garbage ones you have. Is there anything you're looking for?

@Dr.Sanity I just want Dex completion. Their stats, moves, etc. mean nothing. I'll take the most garbage ones you have. Is there anything you're looking for?
Nope. I'm just giving them away, practically. I'll transfer them over now.

Nope. I'm just giving them away, practically. I'll transfer them over now.

Yessssssss. I'm ready when you are.

Chicken's drawing made me to do a drawing too. Then I remembered that I'm terrible at drawing. :c

That doesn't mean you shouldn't draw it.

Chicken's drawing made me to do a drawing too. Then I remembered that I'm terrible at drawing. :c

Show it show it show it!

...I don't think we're registered friends

I've got you registered. My code is: 3995 - 6509 - 5911

A Whismur!
FUUUUUCK. Rusturf Tunnel is right next to this route and that cave has NOTHING BUT WHISMURS. Well, I guess I'll get two of them, keep one as a Whismur, evolve the other into a Loudred, and name them based on that. I won't be using either of them anyway, Normal types do have perks, but in a Nuzlocke Challenge type matching is paramount.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 4.01.39 PM.png

I named this one @Soitenly because she's been quiet lately, hasn't posted here in a while.
She's a cool person, she drew something I described just because I thought it would be cool.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 4.38.25 PM.png

A Labrynth full of trainers, I was feeling ballsy so I used both opportunities to Double Battle to get some much needed experience for the weaker members of the team.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 4.52.03 PM.png

Caught a second Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel, 'cause why not.
This one's gonna be a Loudred so who in the Skullgirls Community is super loud and obnoxious?
Normally I would say @Denizen but since he's the one playing I'll name it after the person who composed the most messages, @Jutsei.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 5.13.00 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 5.17.19 PM.png

Second Team Aqua Battle, Chicken took him down easily.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 5.19.16 PM.png

After receiving the Pokénav from the President of the Devon Corporation I trained for a bit in Rusturf Tunnel, then I went back to Rustboro for a second round with May.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 5.57.48 PM.png

See Goggled, here's the moment where you become important.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 5.58.38 PM.png

Of course I took out Mudkip with Sarah and her Crazy Machine Gun. After thoroughly kicking May's ass I went to see Mr. Briney and Peeko and hitched a ride across the ocean blue to Dewford Town.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 5.59.20 PM.png

I'M ON A BOAT (I'M ON A BOAT)
I'M ON A BOAT (I'M ON A BOAT)
EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME 'CAUSE I'M SAILING ON A BOAT
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 6.04.58 PM.png
In the next update we play delivery boy, train our asses off in Granite Cave, and maybe even take on Dewford Gym.

Last edited:
It's too bad Boomburst didn't exist yet, cause that thing would be a monster otherwise. Let's hope for some good catches on the Dewford Shoreline and Granite Cave.

Welp, time to draw a whismur with hazama hair on day something. That's gonna be fun lol

I just associate you with him/them? because of those avatars you've had for the longest time lol

I inferred that, because that's just been my avatar fora while because it's still one of my favorite icons.
I still use it for other stuff because the idea of Terumi with sunglasses, let alone Back to the Future Sunglasses is so utterly ridiculous I love it.

Wait, you got something loud an obnoxious... AND DIDN'T NAME IT AFTER ME?

Reactions: Denizen
nah he needs a clefairy for that
since they are of the stars
or moon
whichever

Reactions: Denizen
Wait, you got something loud an obnoxious... AND DIDN'T NAME IT AFTER ME?
DDB you're special, I'm saving your name for later.

I got a lot of neat stuff in Dewford Town, the most important of which was the Old Rod, which I used on the waters near Dewford Town to reel in…
A Magikarp! Big surprise.
This is actually good, Gyarados is always a powerful Pokémon. I named her after Shihfu, a Pokémon loving artist who created part of the Indiegogo Wallpaper Pack as well as a lot of fan art. Also Gyarados is based on dragons in Chinese mythology and Shihfu sounds sorta Chinese. Man, choosing names is difficult.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 7.06.20 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 7.44.30 PM.png

Just to keep everyone on track, here's a picture of my current team.
Next I went to Granite Cave and encountered…
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 7.42.40 PM.png

A Makuhita! I accidentally hit NO when asked to change his name, so he went straight to the PC as is. If anybody would like to become a Makuhita/Hariyama then let me know.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 9.30.01 PM.png

I wasn't able to progress further in Granite Cave because I need the Knuckle Badge, so I just trained here in the entrance until the birds were strong enough to take on the Gym.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 9.33.33 PM.png

Dewford Gym. It's dark as fuck in here, I don't remember any of this.
No matter, I just felt my way around and fought every trainer I could find, thus brightening the room somehow.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 10.09.25 PM.png

I wasn't exaggerating when I said this would be a tag team effort.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 10.14.01 PM.png

Wow I can't believe I made it this far into the game without any casualties. I'm not one to believe in superstition but I probably shouldn't have said that for fear of Jynxing it.
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 10.19.52 PM.png
In the next update we take on Brawly!
Fighting types are known for their high critical hit ratio, hopefully we won't get any of that!

thank you! and I hope to be a beneficial member to the team!

He'll be KO'ed by next update

Have any ideas of who the HM slave for this Nuzlocke is gonna be Denizen?