• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

I have Y. Where can one find an Omanyte?
You know that one cave where you beat up Team Flare to get one of the dinosaur pokemon? That one.

What do you want for a female Larvesta Dr. Sanity?
Got an adamant Scyther and a metal coat?
(I may or may not have made a mistake for a "6IV" Ditto on GTS)

Anyone have any Phatumps?

Female with Harvest?

Nothing else maters it just needs those 2 thangs.

I got you with 4IV mon's of a lot of shit.

you g
That shiny pokemon identification program seems like too much work.

Back to hatching more Pumpkaboos.
Literally the most difficult thing is finding friends with the right numbers and setting it up. One of those you only have to do once and the other requires you to be social.

you guys give up way too easily.

here is a database of trainer values.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/wiki/shinyids

nope... it's on my wishilst too :(

nope... it's on my wishilst too :(

I can provide Scythers with 5 IVs and Adamant nature WITH metal coats (A 5% drop off Magnemites)...
For some possible financial compensation...

That shiny pokemon identification program seems like too much work.

Chain fishing is much easier.
6a9.png

I can provide Scythers with 5 IVs and Adamant nature WITH metal coats (A 5% drop off Magnemites)...
I would say something, but I traded one of your Mawile's children for a 5 IV Shroomish, so that would make me a dick.
Although if you want to really convince people, they should have night slash as an egg move if they're my scyther's kids. Not that anyone in their right mind is using night slash on a scizor set, but... well... it's there, and that has to count for something, right?

Chain fishing is much easier.
6a9.png
Chain fishing only covers a handful of pokemon.

I did that chain fishing thing the other week and ended up with a shiny Clauncher that was Adamant.

Do Froakie's with Protean suffice? Because after that I'm kinda relying on the larvesta's to get the rare pokemon.

Do Froakie's with Protean suffice? Because after that I'm kinda relying on the larvesta's to get the rare pokemon.
Meh, already got it. I don't see why I shouldn't help you out though. If you want a scyther, adamant and the like it shouldn't be too hard for me to cook up. I just need to finish up my EV training for Cloyster and Tentacruel and things will be swell for me to start on that.

I ask this because I know for a fact that it's a pain in the royal behind to breed a perfect Togepi so I'll ask: Does anyone have a 5 IV togepi/Togetic? If not I should get on that so I can provide those...

I ask this because I know for a fact that it's a pain in the royal behind to breed a perfect Togepi so I'll ask: Does anyone have a 5 IV togepi/Togetic? If not I should get on that so I can provide those...
I don't, but I really want one. I use Togekiss in like 3 different teams on pokemon showdown right now. It's on my list of painfully hard to breed pokemon I want to breed. And considering how sadly this chansey breeding project is currently going (why do chansey take so long to produce eggs? You've already got the freaking egg, it's in your pocket! And 10,000 steps to hatch it?! And to pass heal bell onto her, I had to train a god damn Delcatty to level 40, just because I don't like the look of aromatherapy! I've been breeding with a chansey that I thought had max HP, Def, Sp.Atk and Spe only to go back to the judge and find out that she has all of those at an equal amount that isn't 31- How does that even happen?!) I'll probably just trade for it, or trade spitbacks.

If togekiss is your favorite, I say GO FOR IT! more than technical and tiered lists, we must fight using the ones we love.

Fight with passion, not spreadsheet tactics.
Togekiss is OU this gen for sure, though...

Togekiss is OU this gen for sure, though...
But he's got a point... Togekiss is easily my one of my favourite pokemon... So I'll definitely put effort into making that happen.

Also, thank you so much to Jutsei I believe for the Fairy safari. I have Togepi in there. I'll make sure to catch a female in a Luxury Ball so that the rest of the breeding process is 100 times faster.

A fairy safari? I want it too!

Welp I got my Lilligant with everything BUT Chlorophyll this game hates me maybe.

Last edited:
A fairy safari? I want it too!

Welp I got my Lilligant with everything BUT Chlorophyll this game hates me maybe.
chlorophyll isnt as good as own tempo.

I want chlorophyll for a drought team I know that own tempo plus petal dance is pretty okay but sometimes Lilligant isn't fast enough.

I don't, but I really want one. I use Togekiss in like 3 different teams on pokemon showdown right now. It's on my list of painfully hard to breed pokemon I want to breed. And considering how sadly this chansey breeding project is currently going (why do chansey take so long to produce eggs? You've already got the freaking egg, it's in your pocket! And 10,000 steps to hatch it?! And to pass heal bell onto her, I had to train a god damn Delcatty to level 40, just because I don't like the look of aromatherapy! I've been breeding with a chansey that I thought had max HP, Def, Sp.Atk and Spe only to go back to the judge and find out that she has all of those at an equal amount that isn't 31- How does that even happen?!) I'll probably just trade for it, or trade spitbacks.

I got so totally lucky and long story short, I am able to conveniently breed a Calm and Bold set if you so wish. If You wanted a speedy set, too bad because you're gonna get a defensive set. So right now I'm just setting up the partner for perfect IVs as to prevent the ridiculous amount of walking and battling necessary to evolve the hatched eggs.

chlorophyll isnt as good as own tempo.
Lilligant is pretty bad outside of a dedicated sun team, frankly.
I think she might do pretty well in UU this gen if Ninetails drops.

I got so totally lucky and long story short, I am able to conveniently breed a Calm and Bold set if you so wish. If You wanted a speedy set, too bad because you're gonna get a defensive set. So right now I'm just setting up the partner for perfect IVs as to prevent the ridiculous amount of walking and battling necessary to evolve the hatched eggs.
When you say that they aren't speedy, you just mean that it's not timid right? You don't mean they have a 31/31/31/31/31/x IV spread, do you?
And yeah, I would like a bold one if it's the former. I'm good with a male.
I can offer a larvesta or a pinsir now, and I should be able to make adamant or jolly dratinis with marvel scale pretty quick if you want one. I'm going to assume you don't want mawiles or scythers.
Or, alternatively, I could give you a chansey when they're done, but you would have to trade first since the togekiss is gonna be their daddy. He'll make it easier to pass the SpAtk stat which will make it go quicker (yes, I know a seismic toss blissey won't use SpAtk, but some people are stupid and like to use flamethrower, and I've got a trade thread.)

When you say that they aren't speedy, you just mean that it's not timid right? You don't mean they have a 31/31/31/31/31/x IV spread, do you?
And yeah, I would like a bold one if it's the former. I'm good with a male.
I can offer a larvesta or a pinsir now, and I should be able to make adamant or jolly dratinis with marvel scale pretty quick if you want one. I'm going to assume you don't want mawiles or scythers.
Or, alternatively, I could give you a chansey when they're done, but you would have to trade first since the togekiss is gonna be their daddy. He'll make it easier to pass the SpAtk stat which will make it go quicker (yes, I know a seismic toss blissey won't use SpAtk, but some people are stupid and like to use flamethrower, and I've got a trade thread.)

What I mean by speedy is Timid. I'm putting the IVs like so: 31/x/31/31/31/31 because if you're using a physical set on a Togekiss you should probably die. But yes, I'm aiming to get at least one of each should one of them be more useful on a specific team I may be using. I'll make an extra Bold one and it's a 7/8 chance to get a male so that won't be a problem.

I'll get to work on it immediately.

Lilligant is pretty bad outside of a dedicated sun team, frankly.
I think she might do pretty well in UU this gen if Ninetails drops.
Lilligant is just a monster on stats alone. The only thing hurting it is a small movepool.

Lilligant is just a monster on stats alone. The only thing hurting it is a small movepool.
70/75/75 defenses is pretty bad to be honest. There's definitely better. Base 90 speed isn't even that great, it's just a tiny bit too slow to be considered decent outside of sun + chlorophyll. Whimsicott is far better and even it is pretty bad...

y'know, i was checking some of these mega evolutions and stuff... way too many of them are just a "go up on the tier list" item rather than adding something different to the mix.

For example: mega blastoise got an ability that changed most of its moves and a bit of its playstyle too. Then there's mega scizor, that's just a stat boost.

they could've spiced things a bit more...

y'know, i was checking some of these mega evolutions and stuff... way too many of them are just a "go up on the tier list" item rather than adding something different to the mix.

For example: mega blastoise got an ability that changed most of its moves and a bit of its playstyle too. Then there's mega scizor, that's just a stat boost.

they could've spiced things a bit more...

What did you honestly expect? Why use Sneasel when you can use Weavile? Because its stats are better, obviously.

The only Megalutions that I think are pretty cool in terms of adding interesting stuff is MegaAggron because it loses Rock and gains Filter and MegaMedicham because 100 Base attack + Huge Power = highest attack stat of any Huge Power user and higher attack than (EDIT: EVERY) pokemon EVER. Forget about after a Swords Dance boost... Oh god...

Turn 1
Blaziken uses Swords Dance!
Blaziken sharply increases attack and gains Speed Boost

Turn 2
Blaziken uses Baton Pass!
Medicham is brought out!

Turn 3
Medicham is reacting to trainer's Mega Ring!
MegaMedicham now has a base 400 attack with 0 IVs and no EV investment!
MegaMedicham proceeds to wreck your shit.

Last edited:
So Origins has been dubbed, and Red's voice is actually pretty good.

What did you honestly expect? Why use Sneasel when you can use Weavile? Because its stats are better, obviously.

The only Megalutions that I think are pretty cool in terms of adding interesting stuff is MegaAggron because it loses Rock and gains Filter and MegaMedicham because 100 Base attack + Huge Power = highest attack stat of any Huge Power user and higher attack than most pokemon EVER. Forget about after a Swords Dance boost... Oh god...

Turn 1
Blaziken uses Swords Dance!
Blaziken sharply increases attack and gains Speed Boost

Turn 2
Blaziken uses Baton Pass!
Medicham is brought out!

Turn 3
Medicham is reacting to trainer's Mega Ring!
MegaMedicham now has a base 400 attack with 0 IVs and no EV investment!
MegaMedicham proceeds to wreck your shit.
Uhhhh... Mega mawile has base 105 Attack and huge power. Also a better typing and much better bulk.
I think most people are agreeing that it's outclassed by mega lucario. The biggest problem is that I think it's too strong for UU, so medichamite might end up as a BL pokemon with no niche in OU. Which is a shame, because mega cham looks pretty cool.

Anyone here have a Contrary Shuckle?
Why contrary over sturdy?

what does everyone think of the dub for pokemon origins?

Man I am thinking of making an eeveelution team for fun, already have a good jolteon, sylveon and vaporeon, but need an eevee safari for the rest. I really like Leafeon and want to make a good one, just wish it could learn a move like bulldoze instead of having to use dig, and didn't have a sucky/gimmicky ability.

Also Flareon, now that it learns flare blitz the 95 in sp.attack is wasted on it, being a mixed attacker doesn't sit right with me. Ugh why, why not put the 95 in it's speed or HP. Also sucks that I may have to use rock smash on it, I would like super power but I believe that is a gen 5 move only, and even if I import a good Flareon I don't think I can get it's hidden ability on my own.

Uhhhh... Mega mawile has base 105 Attack and huge power. Also a better typing and much better bulk.
I think most people are agreeing that it's outclassed by mega lucario. The biggest problem is that I think it's too strong for UU, so medichamite might end up as a BL pokemon with no niche in OU. Which is a shame, because mega cham looks pretty cool.
Oh yes I knew I was missing something. Yeah Mega Mawile's alright, not my cup of tea. Mega Lucario can go fuck itself with it's uber status for all I care because I don't even want to see that BS... Megamedicham is a pretty awesome pokemon in the very least.

what does everyone think of the dub for pokemon origins?

Better than the regular anime dub, that's for sure.

In fact, I saw the cast list, and there are some familiar voices there. The Lass in Brock's gym is Cerebella, Mr. Fuji's assistant Reina is Filia, the Marowak ghost is Valentine, Professor Oak is Ryu from Street Fighter, Brock is Ichigo from Bleach and Giovanni is Iron Tager from BlazBlue!

Better than the regular anime dub, that's for sure.

In fact, I saw the cast list, and there are some familiar voices there. The Lass in Brock's gym is Cerebella, Mr. Fuji's assistant Reina is Filia, the Marowak ghost is Valentine, Professor Oak is Ryu from Street Fighter, Brock is Ichigo from Bleach and Giovanni is Iron Tager from BlazBlue!
Also Red is voice by a man sometimes known as Dick Smallberries jr.

Shell Smash gives it crazy defense boosts. Classic gimmicky goodness.
Holy crap. Shuckle needs baton pass, RIGHT NOW.

Man I am thinking of making an eeveelution team for fun, already have a good jolteon, sylveon and vaporeon, but need an eevee safari for the rest. I really like Leafeon and want to make a good one, just wish it could learn a move like bulldoze instead of having to use dig, and didn't have a sucky/gimmicky ability.

Also Flareon, now that it learns flare blitz the 95 in sp.attack is wasted on it, being a mixed attacker doesn't sit right with me. Ugh why, why not put the 95 in it's speed or HP. Also sucks that I may have to use rock smash on it, I would like super power but I believe that is a gen 5 move only, and even if I import a good Flareon I don't think I can get it's hidden ability on my own.
Honestly the biggest problem with eeveelution teams is that half the eeveelutions are great and the other half are absolutely horrible. Flareon might prove to be the middle ground now that it got a decentish moveset, but you're going to be forced to use some terrible pokemon. Since you have to drop one, I would go for glaceon since at the very least leafeon can sponge spore for you.
Flareon's hidden ability is guts, which isn't as good as flash fire unless you're using a really really gimmicky orb set.
IIRC the strategy you should be going for should involve a lot of substitutes and baton passes.

Oh yes I knew I was missing something. Yeah Mega Mawile's alright, not my cup of tea. Mega Lucario can go fuck itself with it's uber status for all I care because I don't even want to see that BS... Megamedicham is a pretty awesome pokemon in the very least.
I don't know about mega lucario getting banned, especially in the smogon format where they're leaning towards Mega Gengar staying in OU...

Personally I dislike the idea of baton passing and substituting. Only a couple pull it off well and the ones you would pass to still will be hindered with bad speed or bad defenses or simply still able to lose to priority, and actually I have to ditch 2, which will be glaceon and umbreon. Also I don't think flareon with guts is gimicky at all, 50% damge boost, immune to other status effects and not have to be choiced into an move for that power boost is great. Flare blitz can give the damge boost with a read but only on flare blitz. Still has middling speed though sad to say and quick attack doesn't have stab.

Honestly the biggest problem with eeveelution teams is that half the eeveelutions are great and the other half are absolutely horrible. Flareon might prove to be the middle ground now that it got a decentish moveset, but you're going to be forced to use some terrible pokemon. Since you have to drop one, I would go for glaceon since at the very least leafeon can sponge spore for you.
i'd say drop umbreon personally because everything else at least can do something that isn't "get walled by steel-types horribly"

but then again like every non-vaporeon eevee has a bad movepool so idk

i'd say drop umbreon personally because everything else at least can do something that isn't "get walled by steel-types horribly"

Actually Sylveon Is pretty good when running a calm mind set. Overall Gardevoir is 100 times better at doing it, but Sylveon is the next best fairy I think. Her movepool isn't completely dry.

As for Horseman, your Togepi is ready. I had work last night and tonight so it'll be ready for when I get home from work.

Umbreon is pretty decent, even if vaporeon does its job except better.
Glaceon is the worst. Jolteon will cover her role entirely, and if he's not sub passing glaceon is pretty much dead in one hit every time. Ice is just a stupid bad typing, sadly. Whenever there are different versions of a mon with different types, ice is always by far the worst. You'll notice that after Articuno and Regice they stopped letting trio legendaries be ice type, so there wasn't one that just flat out sucked compared to the others.
Leafeon is the second worst, the only real niche here would be baton passing swords dance to flareon. She's outclassed as a wall by Umbreon, Vaporeon and Sylveon. The big problem here, though, is that you're a swords dance passer in a team with one physical attacker. If only you learned nasty plot, leafeon.
And you realize that umbreon is used for wish passing most of the time, right? She can wall some stuff that Vaporeon can't since she has good DEF.

Personally I dislike the idea of baton passing and substituting. Only a couple pull it off well and the ones you would pass to still will be hindered with bad speed or bad defenses or simply still able to lose to priority, and actually I have to ditch 2, which will be glaceon and umbreon. Also I don't think flareon with guts is gimicky at all, 50% damge boost, immune to other status effects and not have to be choiced into an move for that power boost is great. Flare blitz can give the damge boost with a read but only on flare blitz. Still has middling speed though sad to say and quick attack doesn't have stab.
The subpassing strategy is used because that's their one, tiny little bit of synergy with each other.
To go off topic for a moment, they should have an ability that increases damage by 10% for every other eeveelution in your party (with an equivalent one for defenses so vaporeon and umbreon don't feel left out.)

Flareon with guts is gimmicky as hell.
You poisoned yourself, you have terrible bulk, you have 65 speed, and your main stab has 1/3 recoil. You are going to kill yourself.
Keep in mind that you are probably running this in OU. 65 is a terrible speed tier, so you would need a ton of flame charge boosts before you started going faster than any pokemon that you can OHKO. I just calculated it, and Blissey can OHKO guts orb flareon with a seismic toss after a flare blitz, even without Stealth Rock.

Actually Sylveon Is pretty good when running a calm mind set. Overall Gardevoir is 100 times better at doing it, but Sylveon is the next best fairy I think. Her movepool isn't completely dry.

As for Horseman, your Togepi is ready. I had work last night and tonight so it'll be ready for when I get home from work.
Sylveon isn't too bad at it. She has much better bulk due to decent HP and a better typing too.
Thanks, pm me whenever you can trade. I should be online for most of the day.

Perhaps so but like I mentioned before it is just for fun, if it wasn't you can bet I wouldn't so much as touch Flareon, I have Arcanine for flare blitz shenanigans. I just like the idea of Flareon being a living bomb, destroying as much as it can before it ultimately kills itself =p